• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

What buff are you guys talking about? I've tried to go back and find it in the thread but can't. Can it help my (now) 41 Warrior? =O

Holy Enchantment

It is the buff you get before heading off to do the Broken Isles raid quest. You can get it at seemingly any level because if you haven't done the quest you get phased in to the invasion area. So if you just go to the docks at Stormwind or wherever it is for Horde, you just grab the weapon buff.

Faith in Fate

Neo Member
I believe I heard somewhere that the 1-20 paragon part of the weapon will take forever to level, the AP needed is exponential. Like a year or 2 is what the vid said, not sure if its been updated lately though.

How will this be handled for people wanting to max out several specs (like druids)?

Zelias

Banned
Holy Enchantment

It is the buff you get before heading off to do the Broken Isles raid quest. You can get it at seemingly any level because if you haven't done the quest you get phased in to the invasion area. So if you just go to the docks at Stormwind or wherever it is for Horde, you just grab the weapon buff.
Note that even though it has been nerfed, it's still really strong - just not strong enough for you to completely destroy minibosses solo. Well worth picking it up.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
AP is scaled per weapon, so you'll get more out of your points when spending them on a weapon with less upgrades. Though you probably won't never max out the sink talent for every weapon.

Yeah, I probably will about month 10 or 11 into the 7.3 raid =p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rogue has had a string of great looking tier set

it's very unusual. it's usually one or two good sets then two or three shit ones
tier17RogueMythic.jpg

T18RogueMythicROUGH.jpg

491329-tier-19-rogue-mythic.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Almost 12 years later and Bloodfang is still the best set ingame.
gundam15.jpg

Tier 2 everything is still the best

Except Druid. That honor goes to Tier 3

Tier 1 Paladin wins maximum shit tier award

McDonalds_Logo.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
today I tried Volley for the first time.

today I found out I love volley :eek:

it doesnt fit the gun motif of BM tho, and apparently the crow is still better because it scales from the pet mastery, but I hear volley is still competitive, and damn if it doesnt look cool seeing those arrows fall down as you attack.

edit: Bloodfang is tier 2 not tier 1

sora87

They really need to patch in allowing mounts inside older raids, make it less of a time sink getting from boss to boss. Also it's a shame you can't just claim other classes loot for their appearences.

erawsd

Huh the more I try to learn about professions the more confused I get. It seems like they've said that you can gather/make everything from skill level one and that higher skill levels reduces the number of required materials or increases your output? Surely there is some kind of level requirement in terms of training or learning recipes though or you wouldn't need to bother leveling your profession or character up. The other thing I'm confused about are these profession quests. Are they intended to be the primary way you get recipes or is that just the way that you upgrade recipes you buy from the trainer (and is this different from the bonus you get with a higher skill level)?

Basically, if I'm a level 100 alchemy alt, what do I need to do in order to be able to craft the standard potions/flasks that my main might need. Do I need to level up before I can even train in Legion Alchemy or have profession tiers been completely removed? Do I need to do a bunch of alchemy quests to get the recipes to make the potions, and if so, how are those quests obtained? Heck, do I even need to be level 100 if I can craft all the Legion recipes from skill level one in the first place?

I get the normal limitations like BOP materials that are needed for high-end recipes or special recipes that are locked by reputations and things of that nature.

From what I've seen the profession quests are how you get many (but not all) the rank 1 recipes. The profession quests are level gated so you'll need to level up to acquire them, I dont think you get the first one until level 102. Getting rank 2 and 3 has other requirements such as rep, dungeons, world quests, ect that mostly require a 110 char. Profession skill doesnt really matter, though some professions seem to have an item or two that cant be crafted unless you are 800 though, for Alchemy youll need 800 to make Cauldrons.

Sillution

I am about to start playing WoW again for the first time in a few years. Does GAF have a general server most are on or is everyone spread out?

lol @ people using vanilla tier and thinking they still look acceptable when they have N64 level textures, so bad they almost make my eyes bleed.

Speaking of which, the perma vanilla high warlord's shield defensive stance gives you is a total bummer, it should either only show up for a couple of seconds after you stance change or they should let you transmog it somehow, and lets not even mention those horrible purple shield icons perma rotating around you. I had to change my t mog just to match it that thing.

Though in all honestly that shield has aged rather well, but still, using it for a talent is as bad as DK's vanilla abomination talent. Lazy.

At the very least my warrior isn't alliance, I'd probably rather commit suicide than try to match that tacky ass shield.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol @ people using vanilla tier and thinking they still look acceptable when they have N64 level textures, so bad they almost make my eyes bleed.

we have a lot of trash blood elf players on this OT so they probably can't tell with their squished textures anyways tbh
21-kermit-tea.nocrop.w536.h2147483647.2x.gif

This is the first time I haven't bought a physical WoW expansion @midnight on launch day from Walmart, so I'm not sure if this is a thing, but do they offer grace periods or anything like that for people who are waiting for their keys?

I won't be able to play until Monday afternoon. Not a huge deal, but it'd be fun to jump in with everyone else at Midnight like I usually do.

This is the first time I haven't bought a physical WoW expansion @midnight on launch day from Walmart, so I'm not sure if this is a thing, but do they offer grace periods or anything like that for people who are waiting for their keys?

I won't be able to play until Monday afternoon. Not a huge deal, but it'd be fun to jump in with everyone else at Midnight like I usually do.
Nope.

Mupod

what the hell, is there really no way to gift a preorder of any blizzard game? Ran into this with Overwatch and now again with this one.

From what I've seen the profession quests are how you get many (but not all) the rank 1 recipes. The profession quests are level gated so you'll need to level up to acquire them, I dont think you get the first one until level 102. Getting rank 2 and 3 has other requirements such as rep, dungeons, world quests, ect that mostly require a 110 char. Profession skill doesnt really matter, though some professions seem to have an item or two that cant be crafted unless you are 800 though, for Alchemy youll need 800 to make Cauldrons.

Ah, very much appreciated, that makes a lot more sense now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this you?

Its me tho. Well except that sword and shield. In my day, stuff was just cool. There wasnt all these millenial labels. Reminds me of everyone calling antropomorphic animals "furries".

This isn't furry damn it :(

Get off my lawn you damn kids

Top Bottom