• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Ashodin

How come there are no actual glasses in the game tho

like there are goggles

but no glasses

Elise Starseeker has them

elise_starseeker_header.jpg

I want them

this npc has them

Ugtye.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mage heroic Tier 10 looks pretty good, need to get it myself.

Its the top one. No idea what the green one is/was, pvp I assume?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I always thought if you had a faction specific mount, you also got credit for the counterpart on the other faction, today I learned that's not true. Now I'm leveling up DKs and doing Argent tournament on an Alliance DH to get the mounts.

I hate you, Blizz.

Azzurri

Lmao, I love this one. Helm included.

I honestly love the over the top sets. The more weird and / or colorful the better. Anything that's like brown or gray or dark green looks so boring.

Me too, I love the crazy ones and the ones with a bunch of color. I actually looted the shoulders last week of this set. I also have a few other pieces of it too.

Lomax

They really need to add all the weapons to the shard vendor. The drop rate is still stupidly low, and there's just no reason to farm shards short of stockpiling 20 million felbats, so it motivates 100s to come to the invasions for the chests, but not to participate. If I could just buy my weapon, I wouldn't clog up invasions afking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They really need to add all the weapons to the shard vendor. The drop rate is still stupidly low, and there's just no reason to farm shards short of stockpiling 20 million felbats, so it motivates 100s to come to the invasions for the chests, but not to participate. If I could just buy my weapon, I wouldn't clog up invasions afking.

Its not tho. I have the weapon on every character. Earlier when gearing up the Mage I got the sword first, and then 2 wands. I never got the boots for example. Its just RNG.

Lomax

Its not tho. I have the weapon on every character. Earlier when gearing up the Mage I got the sword first, and then 2 wands. I never got the boots for example. Its just RNG.

It's RNG enough that I have the full cloth set and tons of extra shards and still no sword, so I'm motivated to afk farm chests on my lock, which would be solved by just letting me buy the weapons with shards. Which means I'm not motivated to participate, which is bad design they've been trying to prevent for the whole time. Allowing people to buy them compensates for bad RNG, it doesn't replace RNG. Make them 500 shards for all it matters, then at least there'd be an option.

I always thought if you had a faction specific mount, you also got credit for the counterpart on the other faction, today I learned that's not true. Now I'm leveling up DKs and doing Argent tournament on an Alliance DH to get the mounts.

I hate you, Blizz.

Yep. That was a rude awakening. In Wrath, I played a Horde BE rogue. Thought I'd switch over in Cata and have all those mounts.

NOPE

For what it's worth, I'm gonna start doing that too. :(

sora87

Oh shit, icecrown citadel has bugged out on me.. all bosses are down and im not getting the option to go to the frozen throne

Rhaknar

Yep. That was a rude awakening. In Wrath, I played a Horde BE rogue. Thought I'd switch over in Cata and have all those mounts.

NOPE

What mounts are you peeps talking about

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question for engineers

since Wormholes are toys now, my goblin engineer already has those wormholes. Should I make my other engineer gnomish and he'll be able to use both? IT just says requires Engineering (425) but doesn't mention specialization

carlsojo

Playing through Vashj'ir again now. This was really the best part of Cataclysm. Top shelf questing through and through, plus the awesome Battlemaiden story.

Strimei

t3 paladin is best set tbh, wish i could get the bmah lookalike for my dk

8MGGzq4.jpg

I remember people calling it the Gundam set way back when. Still holds true.

As for tier sets, mage tier 4 (Aldor) is the best for them, I think, though they've had a number of good ones.

Tenebrous

Question for engineers

since Wormholes are toys now, my goblin engineer already has those wormholes. Should I make my other engineer gnomish and he'll be able to use both? IT just says requires Engineering (425) but doesn't mention specialization

You need to be specialized. My non-specialized engineers can't use the teleporters.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Did they accidentally hotfix out the Legion chest weapons? Haven't seen a single weapon in a week.

No they are still in, just pure luck.

Getting decent XP with the holy buff, helps to clean out trash ridiculously quick so I'm moving through camps faster than those not with it.

Aeana

So what's the word with professions in Legion? I have tailoring, enchanting, leatherworking, and skinning taken care of by the characters I plan to main. I'm about to boost a druid from 60 to 100, though, so I need to pick two more professions. Any suggestions?

Negator

For a third character, I'd probably go Herbalism/Alchemy. Pots and Flasks are one of those things that you will always need.

Rhaknar

So what's the word with professions in Legion? I have tailoring, enchanting, leatherworking, and skinning taken care of by the characters I plan to main. I'm about to boost a druid from 60 to 100, though, so I need to pick two more professions. Any suggestions?

Word is that pairing crafting profs with gathering is the smart play.

Your LW + Skinning or BS + mining for example

Ashodin

They've done more with professions this time around than any other expansion. Quests, skill levels, loads of stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Herbalism/alchemy if you want to save money buying potions and flasks. Mining/engineering is uniquely practical and has the most flavor though.

Rhaknar

Looking on the wow forums a lot of people are having problems with end bosses of 25man heroics not spawning >.>

Make sure to manually switch to normal then heroic again before starting. Make sure the skull is in the instance door.

Tons of times recentlu my characters are set to 25m heroic but the instance portal doesnt have the skull, i need to switch to normal and them back to heroic to fix it.

biaxident

My priest has 700 tailor/alchemy, am I gonna have a shortage of blood of sargeras to really craft stuff? I assume thats why the gathering profs are so good with the matching crafter.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
A small change that not a lot of people noticed but that I hate is how all enemy name's are now red when they're too far for their nameplate to show up. It used to be that they would only show up when they were part of a quest that you hadn't completed, this way, if I need to kill ten X and ten Y for the same quest and had already killed ten X, I could easily see who were Ys from far away.

It saved me a few of time by not accidentally killing mobs that I no longer needed to kill for a quest.

Rhaknar

My priest has 700 tailor/alchemy, am I gonna have a shortage of blood of sargeras to really craft stuff? I assume thats why the gathering profs are so good with the matching crafter.

World quests got you brah.

I dont have gathering professiins lol :(

ampere

I hate you, Blizz.

NOPE

FYI that will not increase your total for the 300 mount achievement, just in case that was why you were planning to do this. They have to be usable on one character. To see the actual count you have on a character use simplearmory.com

I hate Belf eyebrows, wish they would be turned off with helmets.

Except at least this time you have to put some effort in, taking those alts out on World Quests to get resources.

Between Artifacts, the Order Hall and World Quests I want to seriously limit the number of toons I play in Legion. I don't want to shift focus from my main until I hit some sort of a cap in terms of what I can do. It might be worthwhile to have a Shaman though as a back up alt, they look pretty strong right now. I might try and level one through invasions after this monk if I'm not too burned out on them.

Source

So, my warlock is unplayable right now. I took the zeppelin to Grom'Gol, when I arrived I disconnected. Now every time I reconnect my character is frozen in the air, and if I try and move I get disconnected again.

Rhaknar

So, my warlock is unplayable right now. I took the zeppelin to Grom'Gol, when I arrived I disconnected. Now every time I reconnect my character is frozen in the air, and if I try and move I get disconnected again.

Locks are in such a bad place that Blizzard decided to start keeping people from using them

biaxident

This exact thing happened to my lock on the boat to grom'gol. I just had to log out and leave him for like 30 mins, was weird.

Did they remove pvp rings? Figured that would be an easy fill in with invasion gear, but didn't see any on the vendor.

Speaking of the invasion weapons, is it possible for you to get a duplicate from a chest? For example, I'm an Assassination Rogue, and I have one dagger already. I'd like to get another for my off-hand but I'm not sure if they allow for that.

Top Bottom