• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

There are people in the other thread who "quit the game" because of it. Maybe people just see it around, ctrl+v it in, and forget that was how they got there.

So they knew enough to google about the action camera, to copy and paste console commands off of some forum (reddit or b.net) in some thread about the action camera, they see they have the action camera enabled but they don't google how to turn it off? I'm having difficulty parsing this.

I knew not to get too attached to a hidden console option but this is just stupid.

Tacitus_

Wew, the instance lagged out, booted us out, broke the group when I logged back AND didn't refresh the queue timer. At least I didn't get deserter...

MMaRsu

Im desperate to make money.. Should i try to obtain Shadowfang? its selling for 20K on AH.

Like I said I only have 3600g now, I still feel like a chump because I really want artisan riding for 4250g.. -_-

j-wood

Ran some dungeons last night, got my warrior up to 23. Man, I wish I had gotten the wow bug earlier.

I would love to run through all the content on this warrior, seeing the story and lore. Will I run into issues not having players to do some of the early raids and stuff?

Ran some dungeons last night, got my warrior up to 23. Man, I wish I had gotten the wow bug earlier.

I would love to run through all the content on this warrior, seeing the story and lore. Will I run into issues not having players to do some of the early raids and stuff?

The only way you'll see most of the earlier raids is by soloing them. MoP raids can get PUGS going but since you can viably solo all raids up to Cata, there's no real impetus to do them in a group.

Hixx

You will be able to solo all of the raids (outside of MoP, I guess, I don't know as I've never really bothered) when you vastly outlevel them if you're really interested in seeing what happened.

If you want to do them level relevant (there's no real reason to now), yeah, you're gonna struggle to get groups going. It's not worth it.

Im desperate to make money.. Should i try to obtain Shadowfang? its selling for 20K on AH.

Like I said I only have 3600g now, I still feel like a chump because I really want artisan riding for 4250g.. -_-

I would focus on garrison missions, really. Get your inn upgraded and get the free followers with the treasure finding perks that increase gold rewards by 100%. Run dungeons or whatever in the meantime for extra cash/vendor items. Don't really think it's worth grinding that much for an item that will only net you 20k. The drops rates are horrid iirc. You could also legitimately buy gold by paying for a WoW token and selling it on the AH. Average rate is like 43k.

Respect

So the main thing here is that you're going to have to use out of game resources to find a decent guild. Any guild worth its salt will be advertising in channels other than just trade chat. You probably don't want to be in just a social/casual guild as those are the types of places that will go dead before too long, and only revive (if they revive at all) when new content drops. The best bet is probably to become an adjunct member of a more serious mythic raiding guild, even if you're not interested in raiding yourself.

To do this, first I would figure out what server you want to be on - or at least limit yourself to a few choices. Personally I wouldn't go on anything less than a high-pop and/or high-progression server -- you'll have a better economy and more opportunities. Definitely not any "connected" realms. There's about a dozen at most servers that fit the bill right now, check on WoWProgress.

For guild ads from all realms, look here. You can also check the MMO-Champion recruitment forum or /r/wowguilds. Otherwise you look at the realm forums for any realm(s) you've narrowed your search down to and there should be plenty of recruitment posts there as well.

An organized guild should also have some form of website on which you'd put up a formal application, even as a casual member. Higher quality guilds will generally have custom websites (e.g. my guild's) vs. a premade enjin/shivtr/whatever.

Other than that, you should have a voice interview with a recruitment officer or the GM before transferring or otherwise joining up - even better would be to sit in on a raid night to see what the overall atmosphere is like.

I think that's about all I can think of right now.

Thanks for the tips. Will probably just end up pvping mostly, but would like to hop back into pve some this expac. Will see how it turns out.

I would focus on garrison missions, really. Get your inn upgraded and get the free followers with the treasure finding perks that increase gold rewards by 100%. Run dungeons or whatever in the meantime for extra cash/vendor items. Don't really think it's worth grinding that much for an item that will only net you 20k. The drops rates are horrid iirc. You could also legitimately buy gold by paying for a WoW token and selling it on the AH. Average rate is like 43k.

Garrisons don't offer gold missions anymore.

MMaRsu

Thanks.. screw shadowfang then haha.

I did kill an alliance lvl 70 guy waiting outside the gates that was cool..

I dont have garrison yet,only 82 for now.

Wow tokens in my server are 80k :/

It really sucks they took out ways to make good gold with garrisons..

phierce

Spend $20 and buy a token. That's the easiest way.

phierce

Just to make sure you understand...garrisons are absolute shit for gold now. Don't waste your time unless you want achieves and possibly a mount. You'll spend more than you'll make.

Tecnniqe

Banned

If you really need gold and got $/£/whatever 20 left-over you could just purchase a token and sell it.

US its like 30-40k and EU its about 80k right now i believe.

My bad, didn't realize they nerfed gold missions! Buying that token and selling it would net you 80k, then! That's even better. :)

Tacitus_

If you want to get gold out of tokens, the higher the better. You'll get one for 20 euros or your regional equivalent from the official site.

MMaRsu

Wow I just made like 900gold selling 280 Borean Leather o_O

THERE WE GO :D

Yeah I cant afford a real money token right now.. But I see putting leather on Ah Is a winner

80k for 20 euros is really tempting tho

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hmm think i might go for the 20k Archi HC run for the moose.
Its gonna leave me with 20k left total. Man I've spent like 50k in 4 days.

Worth? Yay/Nay?

Tecnniqe

Banned
waht server are you on and region
also faction

Alliance Sylvanas-EU

I only have a social guild ATM and not geared for it at all so it seems to be the only way.
Gonna try and find a raiding guild thats a bit more "casual" as I work full-time for Legion.

I'm at 3k gold after buying a token. legendary staff stuff and some heirloom upgrades, and just after returning to the game, seems WoW-GAF is pretty poor right now.

Artanisix

milenai are you really cuxz i could totes use a moose
kunk-rum.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Of course the only NA people on gaf giving moose carries are alliance filth

MMaRsu

/ForTheAlliance

Don't seem like much point investing anything into it at all.

Cant you get mounts that you can sell on ah?

Also lol I went into the Mealstrom on that mount, got disconnected right after entering the mealstrom, jumped back in and was not on a mount slowly falling to my death lol.

Good thing im a monk with Zen Flight haha

Cataclysm begins here! More new stuff for me :D

M.D

/ForTheAlliance

Don't seem like much point investing anything into it at all.

I am switching back to my Druid to play Guardian and he doesn't have access to Tannan because I was playing a hunter which I did everything on before

I guess I'll have to do the quests and see the storyline through him, but he feels weird now.. I'm playing Survival and he feels so weak, you're melee but you feel so vulnerable with no defensive skills or disengage

StMeph

The higher level you are, the more options become available. And higher level content naturally pours more gold due to inflation. The best thing you can do is get to 100 while spending as little as possible and THEN start finding suitable ways to farm gold.

At that point, farming Cata raids is probably still the best option.

How hard is it to solo these Cata raids? I know I did them in the past but I honestly don't remember any mechanics. Can I just roll up in there with one of my lvl 100 toons and face tank everything? Or do I have to read up on how mechanics worked per boss?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thats the worst experience ever.

I died at the boss, obviously as I had no idea what to do, and when he died they all just left without giving a single revive out to anyone who died.

I asked for a res so I could loot him and got kicked from the group and had to scramble to click all the portals where you release and luckily I found the right one with 2 sec left on the timer and managed to loot him before I got banished out of the raid.

Never
Again.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RVJrWL2.png[/IMG]

It's cool tho.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It would have been mailed to you anyway, I think.

Milennia

Thats the worst experience ever.

I died at the boss, obviously as I had no idea what to do, and when he died they all just left without giving a single revive out to anyone who died.

I asked for a res so I could loot him and got kicked from the group and had to scramble to click all the portals where you release and luckily I found the right one with 2 sec left on the timer and managed to loot him before I got banished out of the raid.

Never
Again.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RVJrWL2.png[/IMG]

It's cool tho.

that there is a shitty group, must be EU =p

Is there any reason to invest in your garrison or a ship yard on another character at this point?

Only if you want to occupy your time between now and Legion with wasting gold on stuff you that nets you things you mostly can't use elsewhere in the game. There are some titles, mounts and maybe some crafting mats that might hold some value, but overall, you're best bet is to just save your gold.

ampere

Just did Timewalking Halls of Lighting on my Warrior to feel the OPness

Total healing done to me: 1.8M. 1.6M from my Ignore Pain, and 200k from the healer. BLIZZ PLZ

BUFF MONKS

I know they'll rein in Warriors at 110, but god. Ignore Pain was initially a 25% of HP absorb on alpha, then they nerfed/changed it to scale based on AP, and on my Warrior right now it's almost 50% of my HP as a shield if I use it with 60 rage.

How are is it to solo these Cata raids? I know I did them in the past but I honestly don't remember any mechanics. Can I just roll up in there with one of my lvl 100 toons and face tank everything? Or do I have to read up on how mechanics worked per boss?

Be at cap and have a decent ilvl. Usually most are viable to just faceroll your way through starting at ilvl650.

Top Bottom