• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of the invasion weapons, is it possible for you to get a duplicate from a chest? For example, I'm an Assassination Rogue, and I have one dagger already. I'd like to get another for my off-hand but I'm not sure if they allow for that.

Yes

So the dungeons won't switch your spec for you when you queue until Legion, right?
As far as I'm aware it should already be implemented and working.
Speaking of the invasion weapons, is it possible for you to get a duplicate from a chest? For example, I'm an Assassination Rogue, and I have one dagger already. I'd like to get another for my off-hand but I'm not sure if they allow for that.
Yes but good luck with this RNG.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So the dungeons won't switch your spec for you when you queue until Legion, right?

There's a 'grace period' or something for like 30 seconds to a minute when you first enter the dungeon which allows you to swap talents (and presumably specs) for free

Source

This exact thing happened to my lock on the boat to grom'gol. I just had to log out and leave him for like 30 mins, was weird.

Did they remove pvp rings? Figured that would be an easy fill in with invasion gear, but didn't see any on the vendor.

It's working now. I left it alone since my post and just now tried again; I logged in and my character immediately fell to the ground and is playable. I wonder if that's a phasing bug?

Thanks y'all. I guess it really isn't all that important since the gear will be replaced in a few weeks anyways. Maybe I'll switch to Outlaw for a bit and try to get a sword and then call it a day until Legion drops.

biaxident

I opened 113 boxes on my lock, and got 8 swords and 3 wands. 720s on all slots (invasion chest slots) besides gloves and belt. Ended up buying a 640 ring for 300g to finally get my savagely superior achievements and all.

It's working now. I left it alone since my post and just now tried again; I logged in and my character immediately fell to the ground and is playable. I wonder if that's a phasing bug?

Most likely since we're constantly changing phases with the invasions.

carlsojo

I opened 113 boxes on my lock, and got 8 swords and 3 wands. 720s on all slots (invasion chest slots) besides gloves and belt. Ended up buying a 640 ring for 300g to finally get my savagely superior achievements and all.

Most likely since we're constantly changing phases with the invasions.

You bought a ring? Can't you get those with like 50 nethershards?

Azzurri

Man, MM Hunter is a lot of fun. I know if you visit the Hunter forums it's like the sky is falling and the class is ruined, but I'm having a good time especially in PVP.

Chris R

Game runs suprisingly well on my laptop, but I only tried the zones my characters were last in.

Only gripe so far, my trackpad's right click seems to only allow the mouse to move to 5 positions (straight down, 45deg down, straight ahead, 45deg up, straight up) Never had this issue before, no idea what's causing it :(

Maddrical

Man, MM Hunter is a lot of fun. I know if you visit the Hunter forums it's like the sky is falling and the class is ruined, but I'm having a good time especially in PVP.

I still prefer WoD MM over Legion so far, but I'm getting used to it and still enjoying it. Are you using it with Lone Wolf? I haven't tried MM without it so far but I might give it a shot tonight. Though I find Survival incredibly fun so I'll be sticking with that for some time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Putting everything on max now makes me dip below the 60-90s that I used to have, which is annoying as hell but not enough to make me want to reduce the view distance. Tried changing some other settings and it seems like the max view distance and ground clutter are the only ones that give me a significant FPS boost.

Ashodin

There's a 'grace period' or something for like 30 seconds to a minute when you first enter the dungeon which allows you to swap talents (and presumably specs) for free

Grace period yes, but not the auto-swap feature they're referring to. I zone in and I'm still my same spec even though queuing as a healer

Ark

Farming Warbringers makes me so fucking angry.

5:30am in the morning, I hop on for 15 minutes before work and there're five horde here.

What the fuck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Though I find Survival incredibly fun so I'll be sticking with that for some time.

giphy.gif

Azzurri

I still prefer WoD MM over Legion so far, but I'm getting used to it and still enjoying it. Are you using it with Lone Wolf? I haven't tried MM without it so far but I might give it a shot tonight. Though I find Survival incredibly fun so I'll be sticking with that for some time.

No lone wolf. The pet utility is too good to give up I think in pvp

Rhaknar

I cant even defend Locks anymore, everytime I jump on mine I dont have fun.

I keep saying im split between hunter and lock for Legion but what I really am is split between a class I enjoy and a class I hope is fixed and has a cool artifact (well the Demo one at least) :/

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I can't get over how messy demonology feels to play. It's just gross.

It's not messy, just boring. You cast Demonic Empowerment after every demon summon.

It'll probably eventually be changed to be a buff that goes on yourself, which isn't much better but it makes it less of a filler spell and more of a maintenance spell.

Right now you spam hand of guldan/empowerment/shadowbolt. When you get your artifact you'll have to do the rotation right though, at least when you want to use the artifact ability.

Rhaknar

It's not messy, just boring. You cast Demonic Empowerment after every demon summon.

It'll probably eventually be changed to be a buff that goes on yourself, which isn't much better but it makes it less of a filler spell and more of a maintenance spell.

Right now you spam hand of guldan/empowerment/shadowbolt. When you get your artifact you'll have to do the rotation right though, at least when you want to use the artifact ability.

Well you spam hand if you have tier and trinket. Which many of us don't. So we play it like we would in Legion where you have neither.

So like you say, you cast empowerment after each pet summon. So pre fight cast for example (for the Felguard), instant shadowbolt for the second shard, summon dogs, empower, shadowbolt, summon grimoire felguard, empower, shadowbolt, then depending on how lucky you got with empower sharf procs, a few more shadowbolts for 4 shard Hand of guldan, empower, and hopefully the dogs are still up for the artifact spell (and add one more go of pet, empower, shadowbolt if you take the gazer). Oh and then theres Doom in there aswell every 15 seconds or whatever it is. And because you are constantly casting you end up tapping a lot, which also breaks the flow.

Its messy because it involves a lot of cast times and a lot of global cooldowns, it doesnt flow. Empowerment should at the very least be instant cast, that alone would make the spec flow much better.

That is of course just my opinion.

Edit: Besides instant empower, I would make the felpuppies last much longer aswell, like 30 seconds at least, maybe with 25 second cd so you have 4 of them up for a little bit (artifact used to give you a third puppy ffs).

And they should have given demo locks a second permanent pet like they did BM hunters, but I've been saying that for years.

Rhaknar

Of all the useless mods someone could imagine, I really want someone to mod the whistle back into dire beast. Make it so only I hear it so it doesnt bother groups.

I need my whistle back damn it, its seriously dampening my enjoyment of BM :(

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Looks like they're going to hotfix the XP not given out correctly if more than 6 people attack something.

Interesting.

It always felt super weird that Blizz's original 'afk fix' fucked xp (or at least didn't make it better) outside of soloing elites with the holy buff.

Curious to see how much better it gets with this 'fix'. Definitely didn't feel 'lucrative' prior to this fix.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Been fooling around with some more artifact quests on beta.

They're mostly of equal (good) quality with some stand-out greats and some... less so.

Let's start with the ones I didn't enjoy:

Holy Priest has cool mechanics, but the story itself is pretty dull.
Something something Naaru are holy. Jace from the DH intro zone does show up though, and he's cool.
Overall, feels more like filler than the rest. Same with Resto Druid, except the encounter isn't quite as interesting. I don't remember a single thing about the Resto quest other than that you go to Hyjal and heal people. Marksmanship Hunters get a weapon with cool history, but the story itself is really underwhelming for what weapon it is
you chase down Alleria only to not find Alleria. It's the most inconsequential quest of them all

The stand out greats so far have been:

Fire Mage. Going to Northrend is always a plus, and there's a lot of neat lore implications, old and new.
Hearing Bolvar as The Lich King, meeting Kael's distant relative, seeing Bolvar's ominous indifference to those who enter his realm, FELO'MELORN, Kirin Tor drama, neat mechanics overall walking through Icecrown.

Arms Warrior. HUGE lore implications.
Meeting the original King of Arathor's ghost, taking down the C'thraxxi general that took Tyr's hand and has been poisoning Tirisfal all of these years, finding out that Tirisfal mean Tyr's Fall, lots of great great stuff.

Disc Priest. This one threw me for the biggest loop, because it takes you to a place you wouldn't expect for the class.
The Nexus and back to the Blue Dragonflight. You fight alongside Azuregos in a blue-haired High Elf form with horns and take on a group of Ethereals. The dialogue during this quest was really enjoyable and the quest mechanics were very rarely generic or boring. Blowing up magic needles, discovering what happened to the weapon, powering yourself up with holy energy... I loved all of it!

Elemental Shaman and Survival Hunter get honorable mentions for being a bit above the rest, too.

I'm being as vague as possible (I threw in some brief, brief synopsis spoilers for the truly curious) to avoid spoilers and let people experience it for themselves, but these questlines are my favorite thing to come out of this game in a long time. If you like the story of the WC universe, you're definitely in for a treat, no matter what class you play. Unless you're a Monk, where the story feels tacked on... BUT the quests were generally enjoyable anyway.

Beastmaster Hunters are by far the most boring class/spec in the game. Like, holy shit are they boring. It's a shame, because their artifact weapon is really cool, and the only one that's a gun. I'm a Dwarf Hunter. SMH.

Side note: I did not touch the DK, Paladin, or Demon Hunter quests, and won't. Same for Fury/Prot Warrior. Those I'm saving for release because I know I will definitely play those characters a lot.

Xeteh

I keep hearing nothing but bad things about Warlocks.

Warlocks have been one of my favorite classes since vanilla (I missed MoP and WoD) so I leveled my old one up and I don't like any spec. Affliction used to be my favorite by far and it feels boring and clunky.

Rhaknar

Beastmaster Hunters are by far the most boring class/spec in the game. Like, holy shit are they boring. It's a shame, because their artifact weapon is really cool, and the only one that's a gun. I'm a Dwarf Hunter. SMH.

Clearly you havent played a Ret or Prot Pali for example

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Everyones favorite word for Legion: clunky.

Clunky has been a popular word to describe bad rotations as far as I can remember. It might be overused but its a great word to describe when rotations just don't feel good.
Clearly you havent played a Ret or Prot Pali for example

Ret was one of the most fun specs back in Cata, MoP and WoD but I'm not really liking what they did to it in Legion.

Same to MM and BM, those rotations don't have what I found so fun about Hunters.

Rhaknar

BM is boring but steady, MM is boring but fireworks, SV is awesome but hit like a wet noodle. Blizzard.

I honestly love BM, and not in a "I love Demo shut up la la la" way. But then again I dont think wow needs 15 buttons for a class to be fun.

Cobra Shot, Dire Beast, Kill Command, Beastial Wrath, Crows. 5 active skills regularly, add in chimera shot and its 6, with Cobra shot you having to keep an eye out for your focus so you dont cap but also dont go dry for when you need to use kill command or dire beast. 2 cooldowns in stampede and the crit buff (forget the name). A self heal, speed boost, a dmg reducing bubble, a literal disengage and also feign death, some nice utility with binding shot or misdirect (although this one is barely useful these days).

Artifact adds a lightning aoe around your pets skill I believe?

And of course visually its great with all the animals attacking from dire beast procs and what not, even better with your second pet from the artifact I imagine.

RIP Pre-Legion SV, you were just too much fun for Blizz to allow you to continue existing.

Didnt SV just get a buff tho? Pet does double dmg or something?

Maddrical

And of course visually its great with all the animals attacking from dire beast procs and what not, even better with your second pet from the artifact I imagine.

Wait the artifact gives a second pet? I heard about a second pet being from BM but playing pre-Legion I just assumed it was the dire beast skill. Man, I need to do some more research before deciding on my spec.

Rhaknar

Wait the artifact gives a second pet? I heard about a second pet being from BM but playing pre-Legion I just assumed it was the dire beast skill. Man, I need to do some more research before deciding on my spec.

Hati, its the Artifact "skill" yiu get from equipping it.

510151.jpg

Theres an actual skill (some sort of lightning aoe) down in the artifact skill too, and one of the big talents makes it so Hati is affected by kill command and whatnot, becoming a real second pet and I imagine giving you a huge dps boost (since kill command alone is such a big part of your dps and this doubles that)

Kain

Yeah I don't dislike BM, but I'm just super salty because SV feels super cool but there is literally no reason to use it in raids as there will be a thousand melee and all of them do more dps and have 100000% more survivability. I mean, come one, you are making a hunter spec melee and it's useless? And a spec called survival has absolutely zero chance at surviving anything out of turtle? And on the other side you are making MM braindead but overpowered to the extreme? 10 years and Blizz still don't know what the fuck they are doing with the game.

Now that I've been playing MM more I have to say it's fun, but the AOE aspect is out of control in the sense that either you hit everything or stop dpsing, there is no middle ground. There is something very satisfying in spamming aimed, see the bright button, sidewinders + marked and big numbers all around, much more than in BM. As I said, BM is steady, the rotation is very straight forward and there are always buttons to press. The best aspect for me is the feel in the sense that there are a million pets around and that's what BM is all about.

That said, I still don't know if I'll get first BM or MM. Probably BM.

Xando

I keep hearing nothing but bad things about Warlocks.

It just isn't fun imo. Tried affli, destro and demo during the prepatch (affli also in beta on 110) and i didn't like the gameplay very much. Switched to my elemental a few days ago and i like it so much more than the current warlock gameplay

Maddrical

Hati, its the Artifact "skill" yiu get from equipping it.

Theres an actual skill (some sort of lightning aoe) down in the artifact skill too, and one of the big talents makes it so Hati is affected by kill command and whatnot, becoming a real second pet and I imagine giving you a huge dps boost (since kill command alone is such a big part of your dps and this doubles that)

That is pretty neat, I think I'll check through all the artifact weapon skills tonight and decide. Since enjoying Survival my aim has been to use that as my main spec and have a MM Lone Wolf spec as an off-spec. I do miss chimera shot being a MM skill, but marked shot is pretty sweet.

Also really sad to hear about Warlocks. My main 60 in Vanilla was a Warlock and I loved that guy so much. Fear + dots & instant cast shadow bolts for daaaays, especially in AV.

Top Bottom