• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Kain

I miss Explosive shot stunning people. And the double Bestial wrath + Intimidation, together with my holy pally buddy (bubble = uniterrupted healing for 10 secs lolololol)

I stopped doing pvp once I saw the fun was not allowed.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I miss charge stunning people

I miss intervene

I miss intervening to banners

I miss banners

I miss a heal that didn't make me have to use bloodthirst

I miss spell reflect

I miss defensive stance

I miss shield wall

I miss victory rush

I miss battle shout

I miss heroic strike

Pruning is the worst thing that has happened to WoW.

Warlocks have been one of my favorite classes since vanilla (I missed MoP and WoD) so I leveled my old one up and I don't like any spec. Affliction used to be my favorite by far and it feels boring and clunky.

Unstable Affliction being the big soul shard spender feels weird. Should've just had that be a regular rotation spell and give us a nuke type skill to use shards on.

But warlock is still the coolest class around.

Xeteh

Unstable Affliction being the big soul shard spender feels weird. Should've just had that be a regular rotation spell and give us a nuke type skill to use shards on.

But warlock is still the coolest class around.

Especially since Shards to be so hard to earn as Affliction. I swear I'm at 0-1 shards constantly. I also really miss Shadowbolt + Nightfall

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck warlocks. There, I said it.

giphy.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
affliction locks seem kind of silly to me, like once their shit gets going and they do a trillion damage and you can't hurt them at all

Kain

Affli warlocks were disgusting back in the day. You were running around in fear all day with a million dots, no self-heal and no way to remove them. Then BM hunters happened, warlocks cried and the nerfbat stroke us all down. And if that was not bad enough, then along came disc priests and Blizz decided they should be inmortal beings of light. And they called that balance. And laughs were had.

scoobs

Having not looked into warlocks in Legion at all, what exactly are they doing to absorb any and all damage on them? I'll sit there wailing on a warlock for 20 seconds and all it says is absorbed and i just die. Is there a counter to it or do you just have to sit and wait for a buff to drop off?

Zelias

Banned
I've only tried Affliction in 7.0 and found it to be... not very fun. I don't generally like Demo anyway and apparently it's a trainwreck right now anyway? Is Destro at least decent?

Xando

Having not looked into warlocks in Legion at all, what exactly are they doing to absorb any and all damage on them? I'll sit there wailing on a warlock for 20 seconds and all it says is absorbed and i just die. Is there a counter to it or do you just have to sit and wait for a buff to drop off?

soul leech can absorb up to 20% of your health + siphon life and drain life are pretty insane amount of absorb/self heal

I've only tried Affliction in 7.0 and found it to be... not very fun. I don't generally like Demo anyway and apparently it's a trainwreck right now anyway? Is Destro at least decent?

Destro is the least shit wl spec i would say but then again i never liked destro

10% of damage dealt is converted to an absorb shield thanks to Soul Leech. By default it's capped at max 15% of total health. Talent can increase the cap to 20% and also makes it generate passively at 1% per second.

I honestly love BM, and not in a "I love Demo shut up la la la" way. But then again I dont think wow needs 15 buttons for a class to be fun.

Cobra Shot, Dire Beast, Kill Command, Beastial Wrath, Crows. 5 active skills regularly, add in chimera shot and its 6, with Cobra shot you having to keep an eye out for your focus so you dont cap but also dont go dry for when you need to use kill command or dire beast. 2 cooldowns in stampede and the crit buff (forget the name). A self heal, speed boost, a dmg reducing bubble, a literal disengage and also feign death, some nice utility with binding shot or misdirect (although this one is barely useful these days).

Artifact adds a lightning aoe around your pets skill I believe?

And of course visually its great with all the animals attacking from dire beast procs and what not, even better with your second pet from the artifact I imagine.

Didnt SV just get a buff tho? Pet does double dmg or something?

I just hate how BM summons these random fucking animals. I don't want to kill a boss with a fucking Toucan. Send out my other pets. And losing spirit bond still just absolutely fucking sucks.

Anyone having any issues with the camera? Mine used to center when I ran and now no matter what I do it will not center itself.

Lanrutcon

Affliction issues:
- Shard gen is poop
- Nothing cool to spend shards on
- No burst, or direct damage for rapid burns during raids/dungeons
- Aoe relies on tabbing, interface does not support maintaining DoTs on multiple targets
- Slow ramp up, and absolutely no reason why this has to be so
- Level 100 talents give you a choice between: another DoT target (wee, more busywork!), mediocre AoE and absolute shit.

How to fix shit:
- Remove ramp up time on Agony. It should smash from day 1. Lower max tick damage to equalise.
- Balance shard generation for short fights, not raid battles.
- Remove one of the DoTs, add a Mindblast type shard dump for burst when necessary.
- Put an actual AoE Dot in for the class. No ramp up, no conditions, no bullshit. It damages a crowd every time it ticks. Done.
- Lower the classes's defensive shields to compensate for the above

In short, get the Shadow Priest dev to kill and replace the Affliction Warlock dev.

Xando

Legion worlds maybe?

Spoilers from Beta:

Illidan asks you retrieve the sargerite keystone to invade legion worlds during the demon hunter class quests at 110.
My guess would be 7.2 or 7.3 would be a raid/firelands event in a legion world

Kain

/Tinfoil hat time

Ghostcrawler mained a Priest during his period as main systems designer. I'm sure he left everything tied up before leaving. Just sayin'

Zelias

Banned
Legion worlds maybe?
Well the Legion has scoured thousands of worlds, gotta be a fair few out there we can visit! Maybe that was their alternative to Thal'dranah or whatever that scrapped zone was called.

It'd be nice if, as well as invading other worlds, we got a Legion presence in Azeroth too that could lead to World Quests in old zones as we beat back the Legion. Suspect that might be asking for too much and I'd rather they focus on new content though.

scoobs

10% of damage dealt is converted to an absorb shield thanks to Soul Leech. By default it's capped at max 15% of total health. Talent can increase the cap to 20% and also makes it generate passively at 1% per second.
Well that's absurd. Hopefully this gets changed for PVP in some way because you might as well not even try to kill a lock right now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anyone knows of a great Fury DPS guide? The one on Icy Veins is decent but doesn't go into enough detail. Usually MMO-C has one but not just yet.

Man this expansion class changes has really made my eyes open, as someone that hates everything with release of new classes, I think its time to let my vanilla pride go and realise that some of my favorite classes from vanilla/tbc just wont find its way back. Rip lock+rogue+warrior.

Couldnt stand the thought of the newer classes like monk and dk before and refused to play them, only have a monk due to the lvl90 Wod boost+ lvlpotions, and dk due to the legion 100 boost, but damn now that ive been playing those classes a bit, they sure am fun. Hope I didnt miss too much of these specs the previous expansions..

I think I finally figured out my Legion roster. (I always have 1 of each role and atleast 1 of each faction at max lvl to see as much as possible of all quests and gameplay mechanics)

Shadow priest (my main, and it feels amazing compared to the shit rotation you had to play in wod beginning)
Windwalker monk (Was rogue in vanilla as main, and every expansion ive lvld it and every time I just cant enjoy it as much as I want.. time to let go. WW feels so fluid and fun to play. Really solid and wellmade spec.)
Blood DK ( I just want a alt with tons of hp that can be immortal in solo content and do loads of healing, and bear feels stupid with all those other that wants leather gear)
Resto shaman (lvling as enhancement, but this spec also feels very fun to play, and no more putting those anoying shields up. I love being raid healer in big groups so this spec should do the job, and 1h+shield looks cooler than 1h+offhand)

Made my monk a Pandaren, I wonder how long I will stand looking at it, they tend to not look especcialy cool in gear.

Have you guys finally set for classes or still having preexpansion panic attacks?:p

Man this expansion class changes has really made my eyes open, as someone that hates everything with release of new classes, I think its time to let my vanilla pride go and realise that some of my favorite classes from vanilla/tbc just wont find its way back. Rip lock+rogue+warrior.

Couldnt stand the thought of the newer classes like monk and dk before and refused to play them, only have a monk due to the lvl90 Wod boost+ lvlpotions, and dk due to the legion 100 boost, but damn now that ive been playing those classes a bit, they sure am fun. Hope I didnt miss too much of these specs the previous expansions..

I think I finally figured out my Legion roster. (I always have 1 of each role and atleast 1 of each faction at max lvl to see as much as possible of all quests and gameplay mechanics)

Shadow priest (my main, and it feels amazing compared to the shit rotation you had to play in wod beginning)
Windwalker monk (Was rogue in vanilla as main, and every expansion ive lvld it and every time I just cant enjoy it as much as I want.. time to let go. WW feels so fluid and fun to play. Really solid and wellmade spec.)
Blood DK ( I just want a alt with tons of hp that can be immortal in solo content and do loads of healing, and bear feels stupid with all those other that wants leather gear)
Resto shaman (lvling as enhancement, but this spec also feels very fun to play, and no more putting those anoying shields up. I love being raid healer in big groups so this spec should do the job, and 1h+shield looks cooler than 1h+offhand)

Made my monk a Pandaren, I wonder how long I will stand looking at it, they tend to not look especcialy cool in gear.

Have you guys finally set for classes or still having preexpansion panic attacks?:p

so something new comes out and you don't even try it because you loved vanilla?

so something new comes out and you don't even try it because you loved vanilla?

Myea some kind of mix of character loyalty combined with (atleast with monks) not seeing any point or hole they need to fill when it comes to gameplay. Rather have them work on making the current classes feel different than adding even more. But I suppose adding stuff just for the sake of freshness and story is needed sometimes.

Ark

I'll be maining Prot Warrior in Legion. I'm a tiny bit tempted to switch to Fire Mage, but Warrior tanking is just so fun now :)

Tenebrous

I'll be maining Prot Warrior in Legion. I'm a tiny bit tempted to switch to Fire Mage, but Warrior tanking is just so fun now :)

Sometimes I think I'm wrong for not liking Legion Protection >.> Gotta be honest, though, I do get a kick of how ridiculously strong we are.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I miss Explosive shot stunning people. And the double Bestial wrath + Intimidation, together with my holy pally buddy (bubble = uniterrupted healing for 10 secs lolololol)

I stopped doing pvp once I saw the fun was not allowed.
Oh please. PvP has been a laughing stock for ages and the balance was terrible because of boring stuff like binary stun combos. This is the first chance it's had to be good in forever, just have to see where the season takes us.
I miss charge stunning people

I miss intervene

I miss intervening to banners

I miss banners

I miss a heal that didn't make me have to use bloodthirst

I miss spell reflect

I miss defensive stance

I miss shield wall

I miss victory rush

I miss battle shout

I miss heroic strike

Pruning is the worst thing that has happened to WoW.
Most of this stuff is still in the game or was never good for it. You miss the passive attack power ability? Okay...

FeD.nL

Quick question, but is artifact power tied to a specific artifact or can you accumulate it with one weapon and spend it on another?

Like is it possible to level as an enhancement shaman, save up as much artifact power as possible and then dump that into the resto artifact at 110?

Ryan_MSF

The boosting system has made me the laziest player in the world. I've got my mage sat at level 91, and whilst i want to get him to cap, the thought of going through Draenor again is enough to drive me mad.

tmespe

The boosting system has made me the laziest player in the world. I've got my mage sat at level 91, and whilst i want to get him to cap, the thought of going through Draenor again is enough to drive me mad.

Get the holy buff and level through invasions. Should be easy enough, and you'll have a full set of 700 gear when you reach 100.

Tamanon

Banned
Quick question, but is artifact power tied to a specific artifact or can you accumulate it with one weapon and spend it on another?

Like is it possible to level as an enhancement shaman, save up as much artifact power as possible and then dump that into the resto artifact at 110?

You can save most artifact power to use on whichever artifact you want.

Ryan_MSF

Get the holy buff and level through invasions. Should be easy enough, and you'll have a full set of 700 gear when you reach 100.

I hadn't even read about this, thank you :)

Also, random question I know to you guys, i've recently had eye surgery (detatched retina, long story) And as such since then, until i've made a full recovery, i'm not able to get a new set of prescription glasses. I'm able to see the game fine enough, however i'm having a real issue with reading quests that i'm receiving, does anyone know of any addons that are available that would let me change either the text color/size, or the background image so that it's not so bright? Many thanks in advance!

Shahadan

This is what you wanna do anyway, since leveling and solo content at 110 will be much easier with a dps spec rather than a healing spec.
You can even spend some artifact power on your dps artifact since you would need to do some damage. I think you can upgrade to rank 13 before the cost becomes too much and will set you back.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm seriously considering switching from Paladin. Prot Wars are just... more engaging

I do like throwing holy shields and Pally sound effects though

Tacitus_

Yes, artifact power is tied to the character, not the spec/weapon.

I hadn't even read about this, thank you :)

Also, random question I know to you guys, i've recently had eye surgery (detatched retina, long story) And as such since then, until i've made a full recovery, i'm not able to get a new set of prescription glasses. I'm able to see the game fine enough, however i'm having a real issue with reading quests that i'm receiving, does anyone know of any addons that are available that would let me change either the text color/size, or the background image so that it's not so bright? Many thanks in advance!

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/skinner should be able to do that

Azzurri

BM is boring but steady, MM is boring but fireworks, SV is awesome but hit like a wet noodle. Blizzard.

I agree with you that BM is fucking boring, but I find MM's play style way more active and fun.

I do think MM needs some fixes like being able to cast Aim shot on the go(Aim shot is so weak anyways), especially with how much mobility Melee has in PVP. I honestly can't sit around and cast a 2sec shot, unless they let me free cast, but that's rare in Arenas and even BG's. Or they could make a lock and load talent a higher proc rate than a whooping 8%, which is a joke. It should be at least 15% or 20% and should be able to proc from you other main abilities other than you auto shot.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
fuck warlocks. There, I said it.

Blizzard seems to share the sentiment.

Also, I can't consider BM boring when I got a fucking raid boss ripping it up with me. Thok is GOAT hunter pet.

Top Bottom