• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

I agree with you that BM is fucking boring, but I find MM's play style way more active and fun.

I do think MM needs some fixes like being able to cast Aim shot on the go(Aim shot is so weak anyways), especially with how much mobility Melee has in PVP. I honestly can't sit around and cast a 2sec shot, unless they let me free cast, but that's rare in Arenas and even BG's. Or they could make a lock and load talent a higher proc rate than a whooping 8%, which is a joke. It should be at least 15% or 20% and should be able to proc from you other main abilities other than you auto shot.

MM is fun.

tmespe

I hadn't even read about this, thank you :)

Also, random question I know to you guys, i've recently had eye surgery (detatched retina, long story) And as such since then, until i've made a full recovery, i'm not able to get a new set of prescription glasses. I'm able to see the game fine enough, however i'm having a real issue with reading quests that i'm receiving, does anyone know of any addons that are available that would let me change either the text color/size, or the background image so that it's not so bright? Many thanks in advance!

You can sue storyline, which changes up how the quests are displayed entirely. You can also play around with the UI scale in System->Advanced. A third option if you only want to change the size of the quest log is to type in "/run QuestFrame:SetScale(x)". You'll need to do this every time you log in, so you might want to put it in a macro.

Nere

I really hope we don't go to any other Legion worlds and stuff in this expansion and they save everything for a future expansion. An expansion in which we take the fight to Argus will be glorious, I hope they don't waste it on a few patches.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really hope we don't go to any other Legion worlds and stuff in this expansion and they save everything for a future expansion. An expansion in which we take the fight to Argus will be glorious, I hope they don't waste it on a few patches.
If Argus is just a raid I'll be sad

Other Legion worlds would be fine though. They'd just be making them up for this expansion. Illidan already blew up the Nathrezim world in a book.

Lanrutcon

I'd like other Legion worlds, but not if they're all variations of fel green and jagged, barren rock.

Give me a snow planet. Or a water world. Or a rolling desert.

ampere

Farming Warbringers makes me so fucking angry.

5:30am in the morning, I hop on for 15 minutes before work and there're five horde here.

What the fuck.

Cross-realm-zones don't work well with longish rare spawns. It sucks, but maybe there's hope they address it since they recently changed Galleon and Oondasta's spawn timers. Make a post on the wow forums about it?

Been fooling around with some more artifact quests on beta.

I know I'm going to end up doing all of these quest chains on live, so I only did a dozen or so on beta for specs I wanted to test immediately. Lots of cool lore indeed

Azzurri

Honestly, I hope for their next expansion it's more lighthearted. I like what they do with Hearthstone and their adventure packs and larger expansions.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd like other Legion worlds, but not if they're all variations of fel green and jagged, barren rock.

Give me a snow planet. Or a water world. Or a rolling desert.
I agree with this. There is only so much neon green I can take.

Pandaria was lighthearted and it was the worst expansion storywise, IMO. I'm still rooting for an entire Caverns of Time expansion. Old Lordaeron, Old Silvermoon, Ancient Kalimdor, Black Empire, give it to meeeeee

succession__old_lordaeron_by_pinkhair3d.jpg
silvermoon_of_ages_past_by_crazyacid77-d5hn874.jpg

old_gods_chronicle_peter_lee.jpg

M.D

The quest where you give the tome to Modera is the last one in the pre-exp quest chain? Are these going to stay after Legion launches as well?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Given that Tomb of Sargeras has to be a raid, it's hard to imagine them implementing another dark/green demon location as a raid during Legion.

Nere

Given that Tomb of Sargeras has to be a raid, it's hard to imagine them implementing another dark/green demon location as a raid during Legion.

Yeah I think it is pretty obvious that Tomb of Sargeras will be the final raid with the Avatar of Sargeras inside Illidan's body being the final boss.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The quest where you give the tome to Modera is the last one in the pre-exp quest chain? Are these going to stay after Legion launches as well?

When Legion launches there's a brief quest where you go back to Dalaran and it ports to Broken Isles, then the expansion goes from there. The quests will still be doable via an NPC.

ampere

Honestly, I hope for their next expansion it's more lighthearted. I like what they do with Hearthstone and their adventure packs and larger expansions.

Yea, I loved the change of pace with Pandaria. Some of the dungeons are just humorous, like Stormstout Brewery

I agree with this. There is only so much neon green I can take.

Pandaria was lighthearted and it was the worst expansion storywise, IMO. I'm still rooting for an entire Caverns of Time expansion. Old Lordaeron, Old Silvermoon, Ancient Kalimdor, Black Empire, give it to meeeeee

!

Blasphemy! Did you at least like the Lei Shen/Throne of Thunder stuff? I liked Pandaria's storyline except for some of the Garrosh stuff which got tiring

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
When Legion launches there's a brief quest where you go back to Dalaran and it ports to Broken Isles, then the expansion goes from there. The quests will still be doable via an NPC.
There are a few more quests prior to that, such as neutralizing those energy fluctuations floating around in Dalaran. On the PTR, you could advance the story line to when Dalaran is about to be moved.

Shahadan

MoP story is like the best one and basically the only one that matters (with Northrend's).

People probably did not pay attention. It's not as much in your face than it usually is.

ampere

MoP story is like the best one and basically the only one that matters (with Northrend's).

People probably did not pay attention. It's not as much in your face than it usually is.

Part of the problem is that a lot of stuff feels disjointed without the Warcraft Chronicle to tie the storylines together. Really glad they made that book

Shahadan

Part of the problem is that a lot of stuff feels disjointed without the Warcraft Chronicle to tie the storylines together. Really glad they made that book

Maybe I'm wrong but the only thing that book added to MoP lore that is not actually ingame was how Lei Shen first died.
But yeah you had to peice together the bits of information. That's what was great about it too. A lot of those were cleverly given, imo. Also one of the best thing in all of WoW was the lorewalker rep and Cho's stories. I kinda hate them for abandoning that idea.

Lomax

Cross-realm-zones don't work well with longish rare spawns. It sucks, but maybe there's hope they address it since they recently changed Galleon and Oondasta's spawn timers. Make a post on the wow forums about it?

They already fixed it with party looting, they just didn't make that cross faction because they are still clinging to that concept. They also seem to have tweaked realm hopping. So it's way better now than it was during all WoD.

ampere

Maybe I'm wrong but the only thing that book added to MoP lore that is not actually ingame was how Lei Shen first died.
But yeah you had to peice together the bits of information. That's what was great about it too. A lot of those were cleverly given, imo. Also one of the best thing in all of WoW was the lorewalker rep and Cho's stories. I kinda hate them for abandoning that idea.

Cho was great. Ra-den's story was sort of confusing without the Chronicle

How did the servers work during MoP release? Was it as bad as WoD or acually playable the first week?

I played for 20 hours straight when it launched to level my Monk, never got disconnected (or if I did it was very brief). Can't recall any bad downtime otherwise.

WoD had DDOS problems on top of Blizzard being unprepared for the massive player return

are the gloves you get a unique transmog look?

that questline takes too damn long to run it on 4 different characters

went from 82-85 on my hunter from just 3 invasions yesterday without rest but with heirlooms and the buff

kinda silly, gotta admit

That said, this is way more fun than having to go to fuckin deepholm or run grim batol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm pretty sure the plate gloves are a WOTLK model, I would imagine the rest are existing models as well.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Cho was great. Ra-den's story was sort of confusing without the Chronicle

I played for 20 hours straight when it launched to level my Monk, never got disconnected (or if I did it was very brief). Can't recall any bad downtime otherwise.

WoD had DDOS problems on top of Blizzard being unprepared for the massive player return

The deeper we get into the lore the harder and weirder it is to understand.

The whole : Light / Dark / Legion / Disorder/ Order stuff is just weird to me.

Shahadan

That's just the crap they have to come up with to shut up nerds constantly asking them on twitter which energies this thing or that character uses.

In the staging areas (Stormwind Docks, or just outside of Orgrimmar) there are buffs that you can get. The Holy buff makes you do a shit ton of damage (it doesn't seem to be scaling down for lower levels).

This was fixed yesterday. I've heard it still helps some, but it does scale to your level now.

Tarazet

I've been doing Tol Barad and just casually taking part in the battle to make sure I get the 6 extra dailies. I main a Moonkin and if it's one on one, I don't fear anything. I've killed Paladins, Warriors, Mages, Warlocks, and Death Knights with no problem at all, and my gear is basically just Legion invasion level with two 700 PVP pieces and the legendary ring. If it's 2 on 1, though, I'm going to die, no ifs ands or buts.

Magnus

In the staging areas (Stormwind Docks, or just outside of Orgrimmar) there are buffs that you can get. The Holy buff makes you do a shit ton of damage (it doesn't seem to be scaling down for lower levels).

I think I remember reading about this. It's part of the Broken Shore questline at 98-100...right? How do you take advantage of this at 90?

SolVanderlyn

That's just the crap they have to come up with to shut up nerds constantly asking them on twitter which energies this thing or that character uses.
I'm one of those nerds, and it was much appreciated of them to do so. :p

Also, the backstory of Pandaria is cool. I didn't so much like its execution in-game. Reading the Chronicle made me realize how important some of its lore is, especially the stuff concerning Lei Shen and Ra-den. Beautiful zones though

Sarek

How did no-one at Blizzard realize how annoying a big elemental that stands right on top of your characters, and follows you everywhere in your garrison is.

M.D

Thanks.

So, I finally bought Legion and about to boost my Monk.
I asked this before but go no answer - I have 683 primal spirits on my Hunter so I thought about leveling up Tailoring on that character (got the mats already) and use them for Hexweave cloth to make Hexweave bags, then learn Enchanting + another profession (getting maxed professions with boosting past level 60)

Is there anything to lose by doing this if I my uses for Enchanting were basically WoD enchants? Also, what would be a good profession to pair with Enchanting (already got Engineering, Mining and JC)

ampere

How did no-one at Blizzard realize how annoying a big elemental that stands right on top of your characters, and follows you everywhere in your garrison is.

You mean the NPC offering the new questline? If you take the quest it should go away, even if you don't complete it right away.

Magnus

Wow at this holy buff. 90-92 in an invasion and a half.

Ultra tempted to use this to get all my folks in the 80s and 90s up to 100.

Anoregon

So is legion really wow's biggest expansion? Bigger than wrath!?

That depends on criteria, I suppose. In terms of actual landmass, Northrend is still the biggest expansion and it's unlikely any future expansion will take that crown. Legion does look to have a whole lot of content crammed into the Broken Isles, though, and if they deliver on their planned patch content it should end up with at least 3 distinct raid tiers as well as multiple dungeons (and quest/outdoor areas) added throughout.

Shahadan

Thanks.

So, I finally bought Legion and about to boost my Monk.
I asked this before but go no answer - I have 683 primal spirits on my Hunter so I thought about leveling up Tailoring on that character (got the mats already) and use them for Hexweave cloth to make Hexweave bags, then learn Enchanting + another profession (getting maxed professions with boosting past level 60)

Is there anything to lose by doing this if I my uses for Enchanting were basically WoD enchants? Also, what would be a good profession to pair with Enchanting (already got Engineering, Mining and JC)

Levleing tailoring just to make bags seems like a waste of time to me. They should be cheap at the auction house and they're too big anyway now that transmogs are added in a collection. There is basically nothing left to be kept in bags aside from potions.

Also boosting a monk is kinda a waste as well imo since they're the fastest class to level cause they have a daily quest for 50% more xp for an hour or so. And with invasions...but if you really don't want to do that process I understand :p

Top Bottom