• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tacitus_

During the DH Q&A livestream the developers mentioned that it might be possible to drop tier tokens from Legion. Today, this was actually confirmed by the developers at Gamescom. The changes will be the following:
  • Similiar to the personal loot option in WoD set/tier pieces will continue to drop as is when using personal loot.
  • For the guild master loot option the set/tier pieces will directly drop similiar to classic (i.e. instead of a Protector chest token the drop will be one of the Warrior/Hunter/Shaman/Monk chests) - this will remove the uncertainty whether a token may randomly warforge as well since the item will be directly lootable and assignable by the loot master.

One step forward, two steps back...

Newbie here, I don't play since The Burning Crusade. Is there any major quest/item I should do/obtain? Right now I'm doing Draenor quests and invasions with Demon Hunter.

strafer

Sadly there won't be another version of the movie, even though it seems Duncan wants to do one.

3kh9Wec.png

Duncan seems seriously bummed out about how it all turned out.

Peachpies

Newbie here, I don't play since The Burning Crusade. Is there any major quest/item I should do/obtain? Right now I'm doing Draenor quests and invasions with Demon Hunter.
You should try and do Archimonde Heroic to get the Grovekeeper mount since that will be going away in just over a week.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
So since I resubscribed, I've gotten 4 characters to 100, and I just realm transferred my first ever character, made on Vanilla launch day, a hunter.

I've become an altaholic, haven't I..

Without potentially spoiling too much. Can someone explain what the Broken Shore zone is for outside the current scenario?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question, the Broken Shore scenario is there purely as narrative preamble for Legion. You'll get a ring, a weapon and a trinket, but story is front and center.

I need coffeee.

Yeah but Illidan is 'full' and Moon'Guard is 'high', is the difference between those 3 realms that big? I always thought they were pretty close.

The server list has also been kinda borked since they upgraded server capacity.

Tacitus_

Which do you have the problem with?

Because we went to tokens for a reason: no one is happy when the boss keeps dropping paladin tier when you've got one or two in the raid while you've got several people missing their pieces. It still happens with tokens but at least you've got a 1/4 chance of getting the right thing.

I missed my chance at a set piece so many times because some fucktard rolled for a chance of warforged that never came...Happy with that change

Your master looter was shit, not the fault of the system.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I let myself believe there would be a cool Diablo-related reveal at Gamescom based on zero concrete evidence and now I feel dumb.

One step forward, two steps back...

So wait... instead of a token the armor just drops? So 4 pieces of shaman gear as opposed to 4 tokens that certain classes can use?

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Seriously, why can't blizzard iterate without over compensating? They are the fucking KINGS of fixing what isn't broken.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was in three different guilds in WoD, and all three would pug a healer and maybe some dps and then not give them trinkets and then kick them without a word when guildies showed up.

Every WoD PUG was 'tiers and trinkets on reserve', the shit got so out of hand that I can't blame Blizzard for cleansing it with flames.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
None of the things I listed are usable for Fury PVE in Legion, which is what I play and I liked all of them, they were fun and made my favorite class that much better.

And how are any of the things I listed not good for the game?
Do we really want to break down why every single ability got removed? Most of them seem pretty straightforward.

Spell reflect is really neat, but how much does it belong on DPS warriors? Thematically it makes no sense, you just kind of raise up this shield from nowhere. Being targeted by a spell was a rarity, and having a reason to reflect instead of using an answer like pummel was something even rarer. How often would the reflect even provide a damage bonus over the buff you could get off pummeling? You needed Mass Reflect to really make much use of it, which rarely provided returns. Its uses wind up primarily being PvP (where you can still pick it up), and cheesing stuff like Challenge Modes. Instead the ability can be refocused to Protection where it belongs and boosted up to combat magic damage in a more general sense.

Intervene is really so similar. Extremely narrow use cases that thematically does not fit a DPS warrior at all. Part of the mess that WoW got itself into, particularly with Mists, was the amount of stuff shared not just between classes, but inside a class across specs. If you are a damage dealer, particularly one that takes more damage than anyone else, why do you have an ability to intercept damage on allies? Instead Warriors can find mobility elsewhere through stuff like Heroic Leap.

You miss a heal that doesn't need Bloodthirst? How many do you need? Enraged Regen is still there. Survivability needs limits. You miss Heroic Strike? Why does a GCD capped class need something extra to press after we saw what a nightmare it was with Gladiator? And maybe it's just personal preference, but the banner stuff just does not fit the aim of what a Warrior should be in WoW at all. They should not be buff bots. The arms race for middling raid utility had to end.

Spell reflect and intervene were some of the most interesting most fun spells a warrior had.

The fact that you're defending their removal just shows why the game has fallen so low.

the fact that you're still playing the game shows just how 'low' it's fallen

I mean I've played for exactly one month this year and don't plan on buying legion.

I'm also the only one of my circle who even gave prepatch a chance.

So yeah it does show how low it's fallen.

Magnus

Have they confirmed that it's kosher to use the holy buff for faster killing? I don't want to get banned right before legion...or at all. :(

ampere

Yeah that's a great thing btw.

Agree. Really dislike that token change for master looter though, it only makes things more annoying for guilds

Have they confirmed that it's kosher to use the holy buff for faster killing? I don't want to get banned right before legion...or at all. :(

I mean, you're clicking an item to get a buff, and invasions are supposed to make it faster to level. Blizzard isn't going to be like "yo, use it on lowbies", but they won't ban for it either.

The buff doesn't work on players anyway, so it's not like there's a griefing concern.

Hopefully they change the ML thingy when enough guilds starts complaining. I mean almost every boss in the Nighthold drops a tier piece, and top guilds wanting the chance of maximum optimisation gonna be pretty frustrated..

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Do we really want to break down why every single ability got removed? Most of them seem pretty straightforward.

Spell reflect is really neat, but how much does it belong on DPS warriors? Thematically it makes no sense, you just kind of raise up this shield from nowhere. Being targeted by a spell was a rarity, and having a reason to reflect instead of using an answer like pummel was something even rarer. How often would the reflect even provide a damage bonus over the buff you could get off pummeling? You needed Mass Reflect to really make much use of it, which rarely provided returns. Its uses wind up primarily being PvP (where you can still pick it up), and cheesing stuff like Challenge Modes. Instead the ability can be refocused to Protection where it belongs and boosted up to combat magic damage in a more general sense.

Intervene is really so similar. Extremely narrow use cases that thematically does not fit a DPS warrior at all. Part of the mess that WoW got itself into, particularly with Mists, was the amount of stuff shared not just between classes, but inside a class across specs. If you are a damage dealer, particularly one that takes more damage than anyone else, why do you have an ability to intercept damage on allies? Instead Warriors can find mobility elsewhere through stuff like Heroic Leap.

You miss a heal that doesn't need Bloodthirst? How many do you need? Enraged Regen is still there. Survivability needs limits. You miss Heroic Strike? Why does a GCD capped class need something extra to press after we saw what a nightmare it was with Gladiator? And maybe it's just personal preference, but the banner stuff just does not fit the aim of what a Warrior should be in WoW at all. They should not be buff bots. The arms race for middling raid utility had to end.

Wow, you totally convinced me that I shouldn't miss things I liked about my main. Nice!

This whole time I thought liked those things but you made me see the light.

M.D

Death Grip is underrated

I saw some Horde player trying to reach a treasure on a tree (which the game actually lets you reach with the gliders that are already set up), but then he gave up trying to jump onto the tree and I was waving and following him for like 15 minutes until he came with me and I pulled him onto the tree after a few unsuccessful attempts

Edit: and now some Horde kills me as I'm trying to do a bonus objective. We need to wipe them off this planet.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Spell reflect and intervene were some of the most interesting most fun spells a warrior had.

The fact that you're defending their removal just shows why the game has fallen so low.
Spell reflect was super buggy or broken in dungeons, basically unheard of in raids, and requires aggro that you usually do not want. Its interesting elements show up in PvP, and it is still there. These are abilities that are interesting on tanks but not on DPS...which is why they were able to be buffed/played up for Protection once they were removed from the other classes.

Tarazet

I was never that fond of Dragonblight in the first place, though most of Wrath's other zones still hold up for me. Except Borean. Seriously, fuck Borean Tundra.

Dragonblight is redeemed by the Keristrasza questline, which was gripping and heartbreaking.

Aeana

It's fine. There was an "exploit" with it where it granted as much of a buff to a level 15 as a level 100 and instead of banning people for using that, they just put out a hotfix to scale the power of the buff to level. That means they know about it and that's what they decided to do about it. No danger.

Dragonblight is redeemed by the Keristrasza questline, which was gripping and heartbreaking.

Didnt that zone have the questline with loads of cinematics and where you were saving Undercity or something like that. It was the only reason I replayed that zone on alts.

Top Bottom