• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

Spell reflect and intervene were some of the most interesting most fun spells a warrior had.

The fact that you're defending their removal just shows why the game has fallen so low.

I'm kind of blown away with how much has been taken away from certain classes.

Totems/Shields from Shamans, auras/blessings from Paladins (at least I think Ret has Blessings?), Stances with Warriors and a ton more I'm forgetting.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It solves the issue that the person could get SOMETHING before getting kicked from the group rather than getting kicked and getting nothing.

And creates the problem of people getting shit they don't need, and people thinking they have a right to that loot.

I did a HFC the other night and the gear begging was unreal. It's just one "problem" for another. At least with the old system you weren't FORCED into it. Anything that FORCES you to do things their way instead of giving you options is just a huge step back. That's where that screenshot is from, my friend was on his 740 brewmaster and this kid thought he was in there to just be a loot fairy or something.

I've never seen a really good argument against the people who want personal loot to just make their own groups. The biggest problem was that people who didn't need gear would get gear, but If master looting ninjas or reserve runs are such a problem, why did people still join those groups?

Why not introduce the system where you can trade personal loot but still let master loot be a thing, and let it sort itself out. Whichever one the community thinks is better will win out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
w9ckm1m.png

Personal loot solves no problems.

I assume thats a pug and not a guild

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I assume thats a pug and not a guild

Right. Guilds are unaffected by the change in their dumb loot system thank god. This guy just opened trade over and over again to my friend who was there to feed gear to my DH. Without even saying anything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Right. Guilds are unaffected by the change in their dumb loot system thank god. This guy just opened trade over and over again to my friend who was there to feed gear to my DH. Without even saying anything.

I just mean the language being used, calm down

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wow, you totally convinced me that I shouldn't miss things I liked about my main. Nice!

This whole time I thought liked those things but you made me see the light.
I'm sure there will be small instances where I miss the abilities...but my point is more that I don't understand how people can miss abilities they never used. What is the use case for Intervene/Spell Reflect on Fury in PvE? Because no real case was made for them in WoD.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm sure there will be small instances where I miss the abilities...but my point is more that I don't understand how people can miss abilities they never used. What is the use case for Intervene/Spell Reflect on Fury in PvE? Because no real case was made for them in WoD.

I used Intervene nonstop to move around in raids and I used spell reflect constantly while doing outdoor stuff.

Everything that I listed are not things that I 'never used', they're doings that I used all the time, that's why I miss them. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean I didn't.

Ever just have a night where everything goes wrong?

That was last night for me and my friend in mythics.

I died so many times I couldn't even be mad. We had fun, but geez.

I'm never going to mythic UBRS again.

Einchy

I miss charge stunning people

I miss intervene

I miss intervening to banners

I miss banners

I miss a heal that didn't make me have to use bloodthirst

I miss spell reflect

I miss defensive stance

I miss shield wall

I miss victory rush

I miss battle shout

I miss heroic strike

Pruning is the worst thing that has happened to WoW.

Charge stun: Was great to see a mob casting and interrupting it with a charge.

Intervene: Was great mobility in raids, with leap, interve and charge, I could get across a whole room in no time. Super fun.

Banners: I loved that I had a lot of good raid utility and the taunt one was great for questing. I could also intervene them which allowed for a lot of mobility in the open world.

Heal: The new Enrage Reg fucks with the rotation since you don't wanna spam bloodthirst on CD.

Spell Reflect: Was rarely used in raids but it wasn't unheard of but I used it all the time in open world. It was really fun reflecting spells.

Defensive Stance: Stances were a big part of Warrior's identity and now they're gone. Do I even have to explain why this is a bad thing?

Shield Wall: Another Warrior identity spell that's now gone on Fury. It was such a cool visual, too.

Victory Rush: Was a quicky filler spell in raids but I was used all the time when questing.

Battle Shout: Liked having a constant shout because shouting was, to me, just part of what made a Warrior a Warrior. We now have Battle Cry but that's just Recklessness, I'd love to have a rotation that incoporated shouts like before.

Heroic Strike: https://www.heroicstrike.org/

BUT I GUESS I NEVER USED ANY OF THAT STUFF DOE

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yes heroic strike deserved to die and I hope it burns in hell

Magnus

They're not going to ban anyone for it, they even hotfixed it to lower the damage for lower levels.

Agree. Really dislike that token change for master looter though, it only makes things more annoying for guilds

I mean, you're clicking an item to get a buff, and invasions are supposed to make it faster to level. Blizzard isn't going to be like "yo, use it on lowbies", but they won't ban for it either.

The buff doesn't work on players anyway, so it's not like there's a griefing concern.

Ok, but isn't it totally breaking other parts of the game, too? Challenge modes, and mythic runs, etc.? If a whole group has this bonus holy damage change, it must be trivializing tons ofcontent?

Einchy

People who don't like HS are people who have baby hands for lil' baby Trumps.

"and I will always love YoooOoooOOOouuuuuuu, Heroic Strike" - Whitney Houston

You guys remember in ToT/SoO when you'd do something like CS > BT > RB > Storm Bolt > BT and meanwhile you spammed Heroic Strike like a madman? That shit was super fun.

Just give me Arms and Fury from MoP again, Blizz. Come on.
RJ7kPGl.png

Rhaknar

has anyone ran into any item that the transmog says you have, you have the item in your inventory and you equipped it, but you cant use it for transmog purposes in the screen? I click it and nothing happens.

Firelord Gloves in this case (mage tier 11 normal that you just buy from the vendor)

And creates the problem of people getting shit they don't need, and people thinking they have a right to that loot.

I did a HFC the other night and the gear begging was unreal. It's just one "problem" for another. At least with the old system you weren't FORCED into it. Anything that FORCES you to do things their way instead of giving you options is just a huge step back. That's where that screenshot is from, my friend was on his 740 brewmaster and this kid thought he was in there to just be a loot fairy or something.

I've never seen a really good argument against the people who want personal loot to just make their own groups. The biggest problem was that people who didn't need gear would get gear, but If master looting ninjas or reserve runs are such a problem, why did people still join those groups?

Why not introduce the system where you can trade personal loot but still let master loot be a thing, and let it sort itself out. Whichever one the community thinks is better will win out.

I completely agree. It's another instance of blizz fixing something that isn't broken. You can have personal loot as an option. It shouldn't be forced because people were sick of pugs who reserved things. If you don't like that shit then start your own group. That was the trade off. Now it's just harassment on every piece of gear if it's below your iLvL.

ampere

Ok, but isn't it totally breaking other parts of the game, too? Challenge modes, and mythic runs, etc.? If a whole group has this bonus holy damage change, it must be trivializing tons ofcontent?

It doesn't work most places. Pretty sure it only works on the Broken Shore scenario and out in the world

has anyone ran into any item that the transmog says you have, you have the item in your inventory and you equipped it, but you cant use it for transmog purposes in the screen? I click it and nothing happens.

Firelord Gloves in this case (mage tier 11 normal that you just buy from the vendor)

Might be the 2hr refund timer. You have to wait for that to expire for some items

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I miss blind. That's about it. I don't miss burst of speed or preparation. They're useful to have, but I hated having to use them. Burst of speed was useful but never ever fun to use.

Rhaknar

Might be the 2hr refund timer. You have to wait for that to expire for some items

usually when you choose to mog it it ends the timer. But it gets even weirder. I have the lookalikes, they are called Flamebloom Gloves, but they dont show up on my mage. So I go "ok maybe its bugging out because I have both, so let me sell back the tier gloves"

I sell back the tier gloves, they get removed from my transmog collection, but the flamebloom ones (the lookalikes) dont show up lol. They show up for my lock and priest, but not my mage

U1PHT7H.gif

Rhaknar

I fixed it so heres how I did it in case anyone runs into a similar problem with some item. You can right click items in the transmog window, and select which item its "pulling" from (if there are multiples with the same look).

I changed from Flamebloom Gloves to Firelord (the tier) and it fixed it. Must be some specific bug with Flamebloom and mages right now. In case it happens with some other class (its the first time Ive seen this), you know what to do at least (I didnt even know you could right click items in the transmog window heh)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing I hope gets fixed is either demon hunters move on from the class or learn to interrupt. Because I'm sitting there restraining myself from kicking because I know the Demon Hunters get a shit ton of rage from interrupting.. Aaaaand they aren't doing it.

Tarazet

One thing I hope gets fixed is either demon hunters move on from the class or learn to interrupt. Because I'm sitting there restraining myself from kicking because I know the Demon Hunters get a shit ton of rage from interrupting.. Aaaaand they aren't doing it.

Blizzard has a bad habit of giving the most thematically appealing class a heavy skill requirement. Same thing with Genji/Hanzo in Overwatch, Lost Vikings in Heroes of the Storm and hell, Demon Hunters in D3. It's aggravating because if you grasp the core concepts, DH is an outrageous overperformer, but people just don't bother.

M.D

I'm still having this bug where I can't some NPCs like the ones related to the invasion (vendor and the one that gives quest) and can't see ships in Stormwind, also got no quest when I got to 100 and that's supposed to be automatic right?

Edit: I can see the ships now but still can't see the NPCs and did not get the quest

Rhaknar

I might be having a "so bad its good" moment with Lock heroic tier 11. The garish colors, the crooked horns... I might roll with it for a bit :p

or the Hunter fish set.

People who don't like HS are people who have baby hands for lil' baby Trumps.

"and I will always love YoooOoooOOOouuuuuuu, Heroic Strike" - Whitney Houston

You guys remember in ToT/SoO when you'd do something like CS > BT > RB > Storm Bolt > BT and meanwhile you spammed Heroic Strike like a madman? That shit was super fun.

Just give me Arms and Fury from MoP again, Blizz. Come on.
RJ7kPGl.png

i have no desire to ever be a banner bitch again. that decision alone forced me to tank for an entire expac

...i should really tank again

I'm still having this bug where I can't some NPCs like the ones related to the invasion (vendor and the one that gives quest) and can't see ships in Stormwind, also got no quest when I got to 100 and that's supposed to be automatic right?

Edit: I can see the ships now but still can't see the NPCs and did not get the quest
Check your bag space. The quest gives a little teleport totem thing and if your bags are full you can't get the quest.

Blizzard has a bad habit of giving the most thematically appealing class a heavy skill requirement. Same thing with Genji/Hanzo in Overwatch, Lost Vikings in Heroes of the Storm and hell, Demon Hunters in D3. It's aggravating because if you grasp the core concepts, DH is an outrageous overperformer, but people just don't bother.
What are the core concepts for tanking on a DH? It seems squishy as shit when it comes to sustained damage. I'm not against mitigation and constant healing, I main a blood DK and I'm hoping DHs get better at 110.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
AFFLICTION LOCK AND BALANCE DRUID ARTIFACT QUESTS ARE LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME WTF

M.D

Check your bag space. The quest gives a little teleport totem thing and if your bags are full you can't get the quest.

I rel-logged and got the quest but still can't see the NPCs ;s

I'm trying to reach Blizzard chat support but not sure which option to pick.. none of them seem related to my problem

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
AFFLICTION LOCK AND BALANCE DRUID ARTIFACT QUESTS ARE LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME WTF

Unholy DK too. All three are the whole "dark riders collected artifacts and hid them under Karazhan" deal

Doesn't bother me that much, tbh. It's thematically appropriate enough that those dudes would have more than one powerful item in their collection.

Strimei

And one of the DKs as well.

Disc Priest and Arcane Mage are identical to each other as well. This was actually very obvious in alpha/beta (I mean, besides being the literal same place) because at one point Azuregos calls the player "priest" regardless of if they're a mage, and one miniboss is called "Manifestation of the Light" or something to that effect, when, for a mage, it should be "Echo of Aluneth"

Arms Warrior, Holy Paladin, and Shadow Priest all use the exact same location but they do actually differ by way of mobs involved, at least.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
with the xp changes, did it go back to being faster to dungeon queue?
No. It's very efficient to do invasions. Better than before probably. There are good tracts in Azshara and Northern Barrens in particular where you can solo elites and rake in experience.

Trickster

So I just found out that you can't unlock item skins, that the character you find the items with can't use. Seriously the dumbed fucking thing ever when things are account wide once unlocked. This just makes running old raid feel super frustrating when you find an item you want, on the wrong character...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
And one of the DKs as well.

Disc Priest and Arcane Mage are identical to each other as well. This was actually very obvious in alpha/beta (I mean, besides being the literal same place) because at one point Azuregos calls the player "priest" regardless of if they're a mage, and one miniboss is called "Manifestation of the Light" or something to that effect, when, for a mage, it should be "Echo of Aluneth"

Arms Warrior, Holy Paladin, and Shadow Priest all use the exact same location but they do actually differ by way of mobs involved, at least.
Yeah, I noticed the Priest/Warrior connection. It seems like they take place at different times.

This one was, almost word for word and point for point, the EXACT SAME, so it threw me off. Actually, there was one minor difference after you inspect the rider camp, but it didn't amount to much. At least Karazhan is cool.

Apathy

weird did an invasion about 20 minutes ago in xroads, i was getting like 700-100xp per kill even in stage 1 with a lot of people around. doing another invasion in xr cause it hit again after they reset and now i'm getting 70-150 per kill in stage 1 with people around

Einchy

Dreadlord groups fill up incredibly fast, I've never seen something like that before. Before I can even move my hand to sign up, they're already filled up.

Strimei

Yeah, I noticed the Priest/Warrior connection. It seems like they take place at different times.

This one was, almost word for word and point for point, the EXACT SAME, so it threw me off. Actually, there was one minor difference after you inspect the rider camp, but it didn't amount to much. At least Karazhan is cool.

Yeah, that's the nice thing about the Paladin/Priest/Warrior one, it actually presents them in an interesting way, time-wise. Shadow Priest is the final one, as I recall, since the c'thraxxi is already dead (having been slain by the arms warrior, if memory serves) and your artifact has you "consume" it to prevent it from reviving in the future.

The Karazhan one, yeah that's the same case for Disc Priest/Arcane Mage. Aside from a few small differences with a couple of mobs and such, they're literally the same. I kicked up a fuss about that back in early alpha, but nothing much came of it.

Though they did, at least, seem to agree with one of my complaints.
Originally, as an Arcane Mage, when you reached the vault with Alunet, it was quiet inside. Just the staff floating on a platform and nothing else going on. It hurt you a bit when you looted it, but that was it. I complained that for something that seemed to be causing so much havoc, something so powerful it was ripping reality apart, that was anticlimactic. They fixed it and made it a lot more interesting and chaotic inside the vault.
Not sure about how the Disc Priest staff handles it, though.

I do wish Blizz had actually gone and made some of the artifact stuff unique instead of copy/pasting for them. Most the others are unique or unique enough in the case of Arm/Shadow/Holy. But Karazhan/the Nexus...ah well.

Top Bottom