• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

erawsd

Totems have been taken away from Shaman long before Legion. Outside of searing totem, which nobody wanted, most of the totems you used were cooldowns under the disguise of totems. This new system's the exact same way. You just don't drop sentry totem. If you don't like it, it is what it is. But it's been like this for over 2 expansions now.

I'll take a stronger AG over healing totem any day.

I completely agree. I think totems were great back in Vanilla/TBC when they were unique and powerful group effects that were balanced against their weaknesses. Then they started homogenizing buffs in WOTLK and that fine balance went out the window, and we've been stuck with basic niche spells every since.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As a Prot Paladin, I'm use to a drastically different experience every expansion.

Right now, it feels like I'm back in BC. 9696969696... But hey, at least we're viable.
At least we get cool sound effects.

Avenger's Shield! *DONG*

Consecration! *SCORCH*

Judgement! *SEAR*

cdyhybrid

Good interview with Watcher on the front page of MMOC.

Note that if you're one if those cynical individuals who treats Blizzard like an abusive uncle you probably won't enjoy it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally happy with my hunter transmog, only piece I'm not sure about is chest

XiKbAYl.png

Strimei

I have to admit I'm not totally happy with the idea of new dungeons being mythic-only, since I want to be able to use the LFG tool, but I guess I'll have to try and get something together for it.

Sölf

I have to admit I'm not totally happy with the idea of new dungeons being mythic-only, since I want to be able to use the LFG tool, but I guess I'll have to try and get something together for it.

I do understand this concern, but if Kara is really big, as in 2-4+ hours big, I am not sure I would want to run that via LFG tool.

Strimei

Sölf;214294446 said:
I do understand this concern, but if Kara is really big, as in 2-4+ hours big, I am not sure I would want to run that via LFG tool.

That's a fair point, I'll admit, though on the flipside if someone drops out mid-dungeon it'd be nice to be able to replace them easily.

Apathy

you know what idea that i loved but they kinda just forgot about. Bonus rep and championing a rep with the little star. It annoys me that rep grinds can only be done with quests. I hate rep grinds, and much much prefer doing them through dungeons

Also, I also the ability to queue for any dungeon. Jumping back into tanking was a pain in Warlords, because I couldn't do a practice runs on Normal.

Sölf

That's a fair point, I'll admit, though on the flipside if someone drops out mid-dungeon it'd be nice to be able to replace them easily.

I mean it could also be split into wings, like the LFR. But if this really is a sort of 5 man raid, maybe we would get boss fights that last 3-5 minutes and have several phases (which we rarely see in 5 mans), trash packs that need CC (maybe even with special objects that lie around so you don't have to bother with a specific comp) or other things that make the whole thing "LFG unfriendly".

I would say, since both Suramar dungeons will also be mythic only, let's see how this experiment pans out and then, well, be either quiet or rage at Blizzard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have absolutely no problem with Blizzard make some content that doesn't have the easy mode random queue version. I've been seeing this discussion play out on the official forums a bit and I can't help but roll my eyes at people who act like anything they can't queue for is automatically an impossible to reach plateau that may as well not exist for them.

Hixx

They push the Invasions hotfix just as my Warrior hits 100.

Sensational timing.

Ah well, get to focus on Deus Ex this weekend at least while I continue to mull over who to main in Legion. Down to Warrior, Death Knight or Mage.

Are these shards only currency for this pre-patch event? Outside of buying the chocker, trinker, ring and cape, and that's only 200 shards, I have nothing to spend shards on but felbat pups. Managed to get Plate, Mail and Leather sets with other toons and bought the Cloth transmog set sicne I currently have no one to unlock that with. I've been having to buy felbat pups to avoid capping out and they go for so little right now. I hope this pet is limited to the pre-patch event and they eventually re-gain some value. It's kinda free gold from really lazy people, so I probably shouldn't complain,

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
They push the Invasions hotfix just as my Warrior hits 100.

Sensational timing.

Ah well, get to focus on Deus Ex this weekend at least while I continue to mull over who to main in Legion. Down to Warrior, Death Knight or Mage.
Honestly, the holy enchantment buff still wrecks elites. Instead of 2 shotting elites it takes around 2-3 procs. Which comes out to 15 seconds or less per elite. Sometimes even quicker. I'm able to 1 shot the non-elites with it. Don't need to worry about others hitting it since I'm far off in the distance before stage 3 starts. Pretty much all XP to myself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"The community doesnt do a good job when something is 1% better and they say its the only viable option and everything else is garbage"

SHOTS FIRED

its true tho

Anoregon

Throne of Thunder drop, it matches the shaman tier from that raid.

Are these shards only currency for this pre-patch event? Outside of buying the chocker, trinker, ring and cape, and that's only 200 shards, I have nothing to spend shards on but felbat pups. Managed to get Plate, Mail and Leather sets with other toons and bought the Cloth transmog set sicne I currently have no one to unlock that with. I've been having to buy felbat pups to avoid capping out and they go for so little right now. I hope this pet is limited to the pre-patch event and they eventually re-gain some value. It's kinda free gold from really lazy people, so I probably shouldn't complain,

Should be temporary yes. For exessive shards you can buy upgrades for the weapons that can drop, 150 for +5 ilvls and can upgrade one wep 5 times. The event farm is kinda just for making shitty alts a better situation for whats to come. Or stack up pets for selling in a few years.

Panthers

usually when you choose to mog it it ends the timer. But it gets even weirder. I have the lookalikes, they are called Flamebloom Gloves, but they dont show up on my mage. So I go "ok maybe its bugging out because I have both, so let me sell back the tier gloves"

I sell back the tier gloves, they get removed from my transmog collection, but the flamebloom ones (the lookalikes) dont show up lol. They show up for my lock and priest, but not my mage

U1PHT7H.gif

I know this post was a few pages back, but what level is your mage? If your mage isn't at least the same level that the gear was ment for, you can't transmog into it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know this post was a few pages back, but what level is your mage? If your mage isn't at least the same level that the gear was ment for, you can't transmog into it.

100 mate. This was right after soloing heroic t11 shit and realising the heroic tier was red and I wanted the blue. So I bought the blue one from the vendor and I couldnt transmog the gloves. It was some bug with the same model gloves I already owned which wasnt showing up for my mage for whatever reason. I fixed it tho.

What hotfixes?
Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.

Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.
So I'm getting full XP from elites and bosses even when dozens of other players are murdering them.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I use that from time to time. Takes a while going through the settings to get it looking how I want it.

Yeah, takes a while but it just looks so much better than the default UI. if ElvUI ever stopped getting updated, I dunno how I could play WoW again.

Should be temporary yes. For exessive shards you can buy upgrades for the weapons that can drop, 150 for +5 ilvls and can upgrade one wep 5 times. The event farm is kinda just for making shitty alts a better situation for whats to come. Or stack up pets for selling in a few years.

My main bank page is full of Coalesced Fel weapon upgrades. :D I also have a hexweave bag full of invasions chests reserved for when I hit 100. I should get both the 1 and 2H weapons maxed. I leveled this Monk almost exclusively through invasions.

ampere

Good interview with Watcher on the front page of MMOC.

Note that if you're one if those cynical individuals who treats Blizzard like an abusive uncle you probably won't enjoy it.

I wonder what sort of plan they have to encourage class diversity in raids. Class exclusive buffs again? I guess stuff like the Windwalker 10% movement speed aura maybe and warlock summons

"The community doesnt do a good job when something is 1% better and they say its the only viable option and everything else is garbage"

SHOTS FIRED

its true tho

Yea, he's right. I mean sometimes a spec actually is garbage and it's the devs' fault, but usually everything is viable for 99% of players.

Xeteh

Only thing that sucks about the new EXP sharing... its impossible to do anything while being ganked every 5 seconds.

Rhaknar

anyone here who has played blood dk on the beta? what path should we be taking for our artifact wep?

You get all the talents in the artifact eventually, its up to you to choose what should have priority.

For example, on my BM hunter I will take the path that gets me faster to the talent that makes it so Hati (the artifact pet you get) also benefits from kill command, beast cleave and bestial wrath (so I will go "up" the artifact tree and not "down" to start with)

Take a look at the calculator, at the big golden talents and see whats more important to you and how you should get there faster :)

Aeana

I find myself making all of my new characters male for some reason. I guess I'm just tired of the way the female models look in this game, although I don't mind my two panda gals.

Strimei

I have absolutely no problem with Blizzard make some content that doesn't have the easy mode random queue version. I've been seeing this discussion play out on the official forums a bit and I can't help but roll my eyes at people who act like anything they can't queue for is automatically an impossible to reach plateau that may as well not exist for them.

My chief concern is being able to get into them at all.

I am in a guild but its very small, just a handful of us, and we come and go so I can't rely overly much on them if I want to run it. Thus I have to turn to my server community in its entirety, and whenever people are able to set requirements, it always tends to be on the stupidly high side.

I don't want to have to be decked out in bleeding edge raid gear just so I can join something that's, ostensibly, for non-raiders.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All the people who gave me the Broken Shore buffs disappeared?

Only thing that sucks about the new EXP sharing... its impossible to do anything while being ganked every 5 seconds.

That and scaling making you get one shot by boss stuff.

I personally know I ended up cleaving down tons of lowbies when tagging packs in phase 1 for xp purposes, not my fault, hate the game not the player.

I just don't engage till the last 10% of boss type mobs health now.

It's blizzards fault for not giving xp when you're dead or ghosted.

That and scaling making you get one shot by boss stuff.

I just don't engage till the last 10% of boss's health now.

It's blizzards fault for not giving xp when you're dead or ghosted.

Yeah I have started doing the same....so damn annoying to die multiple times right before a boss dies and get zilch...dumb.

Top Bottom