• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I randomly got the toy from walking in Orgri and tagging something.

Hate me?

yeah I got it on my first try. Should have sold it, I dont care for toys. I thought it would be common lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, that's the nice thing about the Paladin/Priest/Warrior one, it actually presents them in an interesting way, time-wise. Shadow Priest is the final one, as I recall, since the c'thraxxi is already dead (having been slain by the arms warrior, if memory serves) and your artifact has you "consume" it to prevent it from reviving in the future.

The Karazhan one, yeah that's the same case for Disc Priest/Arcane Mage. Aside from a few small differences with a couple of mobs and such, they're literally the same. I kicked up a fuss about that back in early alpha, but nothing much came of it.

Though they did, at least, seem to agree with one of my complaints.
Originally, as an Arcane Mage, when you reached the vault with Alunet, it was quiet inside. Just the staff floating on a platform and nothing else going on. It hurt you a bit when you looted it, but that was it. I complained that for something that seemed to be causing so much havoc, something so powerful it was ripping reality apart, that was anticlimactic. They fixed it and made it a lot more interesting and chaotic inside the vault.
Not sure about how the Disc Priest staff handles it, though.

I do wish Blizz had actually gone and made some of the artifact stuff unique instead of copy/pasting for them. Most the others are unique or unique enough in the case of Arm/Shadow/Holy. But Karazhan/the Nexus...ah well.
That's actually fairly tame compared to the Disc Priest version.
You have to continually heal yourself so that the void energy doesn't consume you. I didn't do the Arcane quest, so I couldn't tell you if the room is the same, but I found that segment really neat because you have to keep up with the healing pretty vigorously. Makes it feel like the artifact is trying to rip you apart

cdyhybrid

And one of the DKs as well.

Disc Priest and Arcane Mage are identical to each other as well. This was actually very obvious in alpha/beta (I mean, besides being the literal same place) because at one point Azuregos calls the player "priest" regardless of if they're a mage, and one miniboss is called "Manifestation of the Light" or something to that effect, when, for a mage, it should be "Echo of Aluneth"

Arms Warrior, Holy Paladin, and Shadow Priest all use the exact same location but they do actually differ by way of mobs involved, at least.
The latter three take place at different times, so you can kinda see the difference at the location after finishing the previous (chronologically) quest that happened there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You have to continually heal yourself so that the void energy doesn't consume you. I didn't do the Arcane quest, so I couldn't tell you if the room is the same, but I found that segment really neat because you have to keep up with the healing pretty vigorously. Makes it feel like the artifact is trying to rip you apart

have you done many od the artifact quests? Im expecting the classes that I end up playing in Legion (I mean, things change but), Hunter, Lock and Demon Hunter / Warrior to be quite different just because they are so thematically different

Shahadan

I liked that as well, and almost felt some tension :D
I enjoyed the whole thing actually. The npc constantly standing in the fire made for some real experience©

Strimei

Does it look like one of those arcane needle things floating in a void like Malygos' sanctum? That's pretty neat, though. Arcane Mages have to dodge energy and put down three wards to try and contain Aluneth, and then suppress it, all while its screaming at you (Aluneth is one of the three sentient artifacts)

erawsd

I'm kind of blown away with how much has been taken away from certain classes.

Totems/Shields from Shamans, auras/blessings from Paladins (at least I think Ret has Blessings?), Stances with Warriors and a ton more I'm forgetting.

The shields are exactly the type of thing that should have been pruned imo, it was just a lame buff that contributed nothing to the gameplay. With totems I am a bit sad about losing grounding and tremor, good riddance to searing and magma. The new ones do seem interesting though and may have less niche application.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Totems have been taken away from Shaman long before Legion. Outside of searing totem, which nobody wanted, most of the totems you used were cooldowns under the disguise of totems. This new system's the exact same way. You just don't drop sentry totem. If you don't like it, it is what it is. But it's been like this for over 2 expansions now.

I'll take a stronger AG over healing totem any day.

M.D

I tried Elemental Shaman is really fun earlier when I tried it on the PTR, but now I'm reading and all I see is people complaining

I have a feeling I'm gonna see "this class is pure fucking shit" posts about every class if I had a look.
No one is happy and everything is shit, apparently.

Aeana

I was surprised to find after boosting my Druid that I pretty much had the same abilities at 100 that I had at 30. I don't mind pruning conceptually, but the balance rotation is dreadfully simplistic, as is the one for feral.

Fjordson

I tried Elemental Shaman is really fun earlier when I tried it on the PTR, but now I'm reading and all I see is people complaining

I have a feeling I'm gonna see "this class is pure fucking shit" posts about every class if I had a look.
No one is happy and everything is shit, apparently.
It's always like that on the official forums tbh.

I'll say that the two classes I'm playing right now (fire mage and unholy DK) are awesome imo.

Azzurri

I was surprised to find after boosting my Druid that I pretty much had the same abilities at 100 that I had at 30. I don't mind pruning conceptually, but the balance rotation is dreadfully simplistic, as is the one for feral.

BM hunter is literally 4 buttons.

ampere

You can add a lot of complexity to Feral via talents

I don't think the point is for any rotation to be super challenging when standing still, but when there's a lot of other stuff to deal with, therein lies the challenge

Arcayne

11 days until Legion drops. Think I'd be able to finish the legendary ring questline? At 21/33 tomes and still need that Draenic Sea Chart thing. Then there's wanting to last minute farm BoA trinkets in Mythic dungeons. Then there's leveling my alts through invasions. Halp.

Apathy

its 5 with the artifact :p

well it is! :D

its actually 6 if you use chimera, but fuck chimera, gimme mah stomps!

Yeah BM is one of the easiest rotations to master as there is almost nothing there. I am not looking forwards to having to play it if it becomes the dominant raiding spec

carlsojo

Only takes like 2h anyway to go 91-100 with the xp potion tacs.

You wanna buy me these XP potions?

11 days until Legion drops. Think I'd be able to finish the legendary ring questline? At 21/33 tomes and still need that Draenic Sea Chart thing. Then there's wanting to last minute farm BoA trinkets in Mythic dungeons. Then there's leveling my alts through invasions. Halp.

You'd need a lot of luck to get 12 tomes in two raid lockouts. I think the Draenic Sea Chart missions are like 7 days a piece, so hopefully you're on the last one.

Rhaknar

Yeah BM is one of the easiest rotations to master as there is almost nothing there. I am not looking forwards to having to play it if it becomes the dominant raiding spec

I like it /shrug ;_;

but I dont go into the game for the same reason than most these days anyway so I understand. People probably look at BM like I look at Ret for example.

Well if I were you id rush to finish the lvling of alts first since its the most boring and make sure to use the current possibility to speedlvl them to at least 90-91 so you can use xppotions for the last part incase of. Assuming you actually intend to play them in the next expansion.
Otherwise I suppose praying for the rng to give you the ring is a good thing to have when lvling and while ppl still play the raid. Also since everyone is 700+ ilvl mythic hcs might feel good to get through if there still is trinkets you need. Id focus on what is most beneficial for your main and let everything else just be as good as possible.

Lanrutcon

You'd need a lot of luck to get 12 tomes in two raid lockouts. I think the Draenic Sea Chart missions are like 7 days a piece, so hopefully you're on the last one.

If you're on EU Sha'tar or Draenor, I'll give you some?

Arcayne

...a piece? Welp, that answers that. Lol.

Well if I were you id rush to finish the lvling of alts first since its the most boring and make sure to use the current possibility to speedlvl them to at least 90-91 so you can use xppotions for the last part incase of. Assuming you actually intend to play them in the next expansion.
Otherwise I suppose praying for the rng to give you the ring is a good thing to have when lvling and while ppl still play the raid. Also since everyone is 700+ ilvl mythic hcs might feel good to get through if there still is trinkets you need. Id focus on what is most beneficial for your main and let everything else just be as good as possible.

Solid advice, ty good sir.

Perhaps I'll use this time to level my Horde Paladin. The invasions should make it quicker, right?

I do like carrying weapons for all three Pally specs. I never touched Ret until now. With the ability to freely switch and the invasions making ilevel 700 weapons available, I figured 'why not'.

iammeiam

Balance feels worse than BM Hunter to me right now. BM is simplistic but Balance feels like it has giant holes in it.

FWIW, I think they've bumped tome drops. I'm at 19/33 after two weeks (haven't done this week's lockout yet) and expect to finish it out after running this week and next. 9 or 10 per week seems pretty common from the other people who started when I did. Now that I've said this I'm totally going to end up at 32/33 after next week.

Sea Chart missions were two days at the longest when I did them so maybe they got nerfed too? The real secret tho is building a Spirit Lodge and keeping it fed on Ogre stones and alongside the Apexis Work Orders produce it has a chance to give you Mission Completion Orders to instantly auto-complete ship or follower missions which means you can do a two day mission in no time at all. I had 5 instant completion orders when I started, failed one of the ship missions, and still had the Draenic Sea Chart within like 48 hours of starting the step.

Magnus

Huge info dump on MMO-Champ from an interview with Ion at Gamescom today.

Man...this expansion is positively huge. So excited.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
usually when you choose to mog it it ends the timer. But it gets even weirder. I have the lookalikes, they are called Flamebloom Gloves, but they dont show up on my mage. So I go "ok maybe its bugging out because I have both, so let me sell back the tier gloves"

I sell back the tier gloves, they get removed from my transmog collection, but the flamebloom ones (the lookalikes) dont show up lol. They show up for my lock and priest, but not my mage

U1PHT7H.gif

only thing I had was too low of level for some stuff. best example is all of the invasion gear on my <90 shaman.. I Can equip it (thus have the look), but it needs 98 for tmog.

ebil

I got super bored leveling my Druid as Balance or Feral. I thought I was doing Balance wrong with how simplistic it felt but nope, it never changed or got any more complex. It's a shame because I really want to enjoy a secondary spec on my Resto Druid.

Showaddy

Was really looking forward to getting all the hunters survival & marksmanship talents rolled into one awesome shooty spec but it seems like half of them are so mediocre I've just ended up with the same amount of abilities I had before.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Does it look like one of those arcane needle things floating in a void like Malygos' sanctum? That's pretty neat, though. Arcane Mages have to dodge energy and put down three wards to try and contain Aluneth, and then suppress it, all while its screaming at you (Aluneth is one of the three sentient artifacts)
Yeah, there's no energy to dodge, though. That's cool that that's different.

have you done many od the artifact quests? Im expecting the classes that I end up playing in Legion (I mean, things change but), Hunter, Lock and Demon Hunter / Warrior to be quite different just because they are so thematically different
I've now done them all EXCEPT:

Guardian Druid
Mistweaver Monk
Fury/Prot Warrior
Paladin
DH
Arcane Mage
DK
Demo Lock
Outlaw/Sub Rogue

So... not nearly all of them I suppose. That's more than it seemed like, when I see it typed out like that.

And outside of the few mentioned, they're all very different and thematically appropriate for their class/spec.

ViciousDS

Banned
BM hunter is literally 4 buttons.

marksmen you lose abilities as you level lol

My cousin was like.....I have 6 abilities!!!! -hits 100- 5 Abilities XD

I love playing my affliction lock though, feels good to have open space on the hotbars again.

Also dear god, did the anniversary update break the game? I had to turn off/remove any trace of Game DVR to fix it

Magnus

Is there a good fat guide to everything in Legion? I need primers on how everything works (Artifacts, class order halls, etc.) and I can find snippets and databases (wowhead and MMO Champ) but not really a good primer/guide.

Ditto for the best To-Do list guides for everything we should do to prep before Legion hits.

???? But I love my lock right now in 7.0!!!!!

I like demo alot but most other seem to dislike the specs. I was hoping for affli to go back to dot and drain but it seems like something messed up again.

Destro keeps being a boring mess once you've gotten tired of big numbers from chaos bolt.

Yes I am still bitter that they never get the play style of tbc/vanilla affli back :<

All I can think about is how in 1 1/2 years that classes will probably completely change again.

As a Prot Paladin, I'm use to a drastically different experience every expansion.

Right now, it feels like I'm back in BC. 9696969696... But hey, at least we're viable.

Top Bottom