• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Jag

Anyone know if you don't the Kara/Uld quests now, will you have to do them again in Legion to start the Artifact quest line?

Strimei

Anyone know if you don't the Kara/Uld quests now, will you have to do them again in Legion to start the Artifact quest line?

Karazhan/Ulduar goes away with the expansion's launch proper, those are pre-expansion stuff only. Only the Broken Shore sticks around.

Or so I understand it, anyway.

SRTtoZ

I bought it. I tried to hold off but man I'm sucked into the hype. I still have my 90 and now a 100 boost. I am going to be playing an Enh sham, Shadow priest and MW Monk, what professions do people recommend for these classes? I'm going to get one of them up to 60 and then use my 90 boost so I need to pick some professions. Not sure when ill use the 100 boost but same thing really.

Aeana

Looks like the stuff for the Holy Enchantment and other buffs are now invisible unless you're the right level. Well, a different phase, not really invisible I guess.

Oh... I just started a new character planning to level with that buff. Meh.

Xeteh

That and scaling making you get one shot by boss stuff.

I personally know I ended up cleaving down tons of lowbies when tagging packs in phase 1 for xp purposes, not my fault, hate the game not the player.

I just don't engage till the last 10% of boss type mobs health now.

It's blizzards fault for not giving xp when you're dead or ghosted.

Yeah, its super frustrating. Then there's the people like earlier in Tarren Mill on my Alliance character I was standing back and throwing spells at the boss occasionally and people let me be... until the boss was around 10% then suddenly 5-6 people turned on me to kill me before the boss died... but I was on a Paladin so I just bubbled.

ampere

All the people who gave me the Broken Shore buffs disappeared?

It appears so. The optimal strategy isn't to solo kill mobs anymore so it's alright

And DAMN this is crazy exp. Basically just tag as many mobs as you can, but even little felhounds are giving me 4k+ exp at level 91

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Holy fucking shit you guys. The bosses during stage 3 are giving me 10% of my level. Tag EVERYTHING you can. Every single stage, tag every single thing possible. The XP is so fucking good right now. Just got my 3rd 100 this week from these invasions. Might just do another lol

Xeteh

Holy fucking shit you guys. The bosses during stage 3 are giving me 10% of my level. Tag EVERYTHING you can. Every single stage, tag every single thing possible. The XP is so fucking good right now. Just got my 3rd 100 this week from these invasions. Might just do another lol

7 minutes in to 96 and I'm at 70%

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guess later I'll try to get my 60 druid and 47 rogue up with this hotfix then, if they dont hotfix it again in the meantime lol

Sarek

The XP gain is now the highest it has been during this event. Provided you just run around tagging everything. So I guess there will yet another hotfix to nerf the mob kill XP. This whole thing has been a big trainwreck, in the best possible way.

ampere

Gonna level my old Rogue now and try to get the dagger/agi axe. Probably gonna stop invasions when I get all the weapons, that's really my main goal. Wish I could buy em with shards, my Warlock I just leveled has like 700

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
These experience gains are absurd. People should get in on this while they can.

Rafy

Yeah I have started doing the same....so damn annoying to die multiple times right before a boss dies and get zilch...dumb.

I did the same exact thing on my secondary mage that was still 90, it was just impossible to deal both with the enemy faction and getting killed by bosses so often. Not to mention repair costs.

I was thinking of rolling a DK and leveling him up to this way, since I've been wanting to try melee classes for a while now.

Speaking of, can anyone recommend me a good DK DPS spec for Legion or aren't they any good?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hotfix hits

I ding 98 and get Broken Shore quest 2 mins later

100 Hunter, here I come

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gonna level my old Rogue now and try to get the dagger/agi axe. Probably gonna stop invasions when I get all the weapons, that's really my main goal. Wish I could buy em with shards, my Warlock I just leveled has like 700

Bank those felbats :3

I don't get why you can't buy the weapons your class can use across its specs with shards but you can buy a warglaive.

I'm sitting on 1300 shards atm and have been steadily buying Felbats to sell on the AH.

ampere

Bank those felbats :3

Gonna have to because there's literally nothing else to buy, but I doubt felbats have much value in the future due to a bunch of people being in this same situation

Well, I lied I will buy glaives for my DH, but that's still like 500 left over

ampere

I don't get why you can't buy the weapons your class can use across its specs with shards but you can buy a warglaive.

I'm sitting on 1300 shards atm and have been steadily buying Felbats to sell on the AH.

They really should. Even if weapons cost 500 shards I'd buy em when I get bad RNG

Glaives were specially added for those without Legion pre-buys so they can still get them in their wardrobes

The exp gain is nice. No more stupid decay for working with a group and it makes participating worthwhile, so long as you don't die right before the elite/boss/whatever does.

Strimei

What's the best way to go from invasion to invasion? Just keep changing continents?

If you're Alliance, the Shrine is literally the best place.

You got the Ironforge and Stormwind portals. Ironforge a bit annoying to reach Hillsbrad but it isn't too far. And it has the teleporter on the deck that takes you to the Barrens (10 gold each time but eh).

ampere

so the holy buff is gone?

i'm 88, and cant find the elves anymore

Yea, it's gone for people below 98. You don't need it anymore, teamwork doesn't kill your exp since the hotfix

What's the best way to go from invasion to invasion? Just keep changing continents?

Set your hearth to Shrine in Pandaria. Those portals are really useful

If you need a port to get there to set it and are US, I can prob hook you up. Horde or Ally

ViciousDS

Banned
had to revert from that anniversary update, my game would freeze randomly doing anything

seems like I'm defer'ing all updates from microsoft now as to not completely fuck my system.

Shit was freezing randomly like crazy during wow.....constant crashes. Disabled DVR and everything else.....just seems like they haven't had a good track record at all with new releasing of features.

Source

History repeating itself again tonight. I'm going to probably miss out on the Westfall invasion going on right now, my priest is stuck at Grom'Gol...
Emoticon_facepalm.gif

Top Bottom