• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ampere being all helpful and shit...

giphy.gif

Savitar

I've been running around doing old places getting tier sets for some classes always liked but never had. Get the chest, head and shoulders and it's usually good enough. Still cool.

is anyone on stormreaver that can sign a guild charter for me?

I want the better hearth but don't want to actually join a guild where humans are

ampere

Oh hey, some of my characters are on Eredar too. Including the shaman I just made.
You can't be ported if you haven't been there before, right?

You can be ported at level 1, I just started an invasion, but I could port you when it ends (prob 20 min). Ally or Horde btw?

They wanted people interested in participating? got em. This is insane.

Yeah... make the combat give a lot of experience and people line up in droves. It's a hilariously awesome world event really once they fixed sharing exp

Aeana

You can be ported at level 1, I just started an invasion, but I could port you when it ends (prob 20 min). Ally or Horde btw?

Yeah... make the combat give a lot of experience and people line up in droves. It's a hilariously awesome world event really once they fixed sharing exp

Horde. Currently hoofing it from the crossroads to Tanaris at level 14 (._. )

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Correct.

The only known Pandaren DK is Gravewalker Gie.

I had to google that name, neat :)

I maintain female Pandas are one of the best models in the game. If they didnt have tiny shoulder syndrome I would play them more :(

Rafy

Well that's nice, just won a "Guess the number between 1-30" thing in trade chat and won a free Grove Warden carry.

That's awesome! I got mine 2 days ago when I was randomly selected by the people running the #eumoose thing. I had to gear up to ilvl700+ but ended up enjoying the whole thing so much, that I am now reading up on raiding and how it works. Have fun getting your Grove Warden!

Rhaknar

Did anyone else notice the last time we saw Jaina that she was level 103 and everyone else was 110.

Thought that was odd.

Thats the level she was when she was killed and replaced with the dreadlord

grimmiq

That's awesome! I got mine 2 days ago when I was randomly selected by the people running the #eumoose thing. I had to gear up to ilvl700+ but ended up enjoying the whole thing so much, that I am now reading up on raiding and how it works. Have fun getting your Grove Warden!

Already got it, they were a full mythic group so it was just "tag the boss and loot".

Rhaknar

I should have gotten in on those free EU moose carries people were offering around here last week. Oh well.

ampere

Rafy

Already got it, they were a full mythic group so it was just "tag the boss and loot".

That's awesome, congrats! And they say that people in online games are mean...

Well, except Alliance Demon Hunters. They keep killing me on sight when doing invasions...

Oh hey, some of my characters are on Eredar too. Including the shaman I just made.
You can't be ported if you haven't been there before, right?

You have a guild that you run around with? I'm looking for one for Legion. I tank and heal!

Porting worked fine for me.

OK, be done with this invasion in a few min and I'll log over.

Funny, Eredar was my old realm for years. Was Alliance though

Eredar was my old realm. My 100 Pally is Alliance on Sargeras. What you ported - thanks, by the by - was my original main, who I left at level 80. I figure I should get back into those characters now, while the XP is good. If this works out, I'm leveling my Enhancement Shaman next.

I missed my Belf.

Rafy

Sad!

Character name? I can hop on my mage now

Sign ups for this https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4yidrr/euromoose_day_iii/ already happened, but it looks like you can log on and try to get a spot. Idk what the chances of it are

That is how I got mine a 2 days ago. I just popped into their Discord and followed the instructions. I got randomly picked after 4 tries. You have to be over ilvl 700 though, I was 702. From what I heard, they are planning to do runs up until the Legion release. Priority goes to people that pre-registered before they closed the deadline, but not a lot of them show up every day and almost all groups contain random people from their Discord.

To whoever is interested: just join that server, read the rules and just pay attention at the #announcements channel. There they post the name of the group for each run, which you will find under the "custom" option of the in-game group finder.

ampere

Your corpse run reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwC-s8v1Yg

Level 1 named Dora got The Explorer achievement in WotLK. Lots of corpse running I imagine lol.

Eredar was my old realm. My 100 Pally is Alliance on Sargeras. What you ported - thanks, by the by - was my original main, who I left at level 80. I figure I should get back into those characters now, while the XP is good. If this works out, I'm leveling my Enhancement Shaman next.

I missed my Belf.

Ya, might as well play em a bit, and get some time limited transmog from the chests too. I left some characters behind on Eredar, but moved a few characters to Black Dragonflight Horde at the end of MoP

Rhaknar

When I see horde players about I always /wave :(

Rhaknar

I think those are just the questing and dungeon sets. The Order Hall sets are modified versions of the old MoP Challenge mode stuff.

Huh really? Theres some good stuff here, some very neat helms for example that ill definitely want for mogging.

Also it kills me that the priest chalange look alike is basically identical but the warlock one...is not >_>

I will never have that set :(

Aeana

Invasions are suddenly a lot worse on PvP servers. People want to troll each other so they can't get exp now, whereas earlier people were at least leaving the lowbies alone. Oh well.

Strimei

Invasions are suddenly a lot worse on PvP servers. People want to troll each other so they can't get exp now, whereas earlier people were at least leaving the lowbies alone. Oh well.

Hah, what PVP servers are you playing with?

Invasions were always meat grinders on mine.

Aeana

Hah, what PVP servers are you playing with?

Invasions were always meat grinders on mine.

Eredar. I leveled a druid 1-60 earlier in the week and was only killed by another player one time. I got killed at least 15 times doing an invasion as a teen-leveled char just now.

zugzug

I tried Elemental Shaman is really fun earlier when I tried it on the PTR, but now I'm reading and all I see is people complaining

I have a feeling I'm gonna see "this class is pure fucking shit" posts about every class if I had a look.
No one is happy and everything is shit, apparently.

never ever forgive blizzard for removing the ability to run around while casting lightning bolt on elemental shaman. never.

Strimei

Eredar. I leveled a druid 1-60 earlier in the week and was only killed by another player one time. I got killed at least 15 times doing an invasion as a teen-leveled char just now.

Guess you were just really lucky or something.

At every invasion I've been to there's a roving gang of one side or the other going after anyone flagged, especially lowbies (when you're in a "safe" zone like one of the faction-sided ones).

Rizzi

People in dungeon groups complaining about 170 ping being horribly laggy and unplayable.
That was better than I ever got until we got servers in Australia. 250 ping all day every day for ten years.

Woo, hit 100 on my monk, got Blackout Combo, so much fun. Opened 40 chests and I'm sitting at all 700+ ilvl gear, a bunch of pieces are 710 and 720 warforged. I managed to get one Eredar Splitter, had enough Coalesced Fel to upgrade 3 weapons, so I've got enough for the next Splitter in my bank. Also bought every ring, choker and trinket off of the vendor and have 1400 shards left over. Time to go Felbat Pup ham!

All in all invasions were kind of a gong show, but so much fun! I'm tempted to start leveling a Shaman but I won't have time in the lead up to Legion to get it to 100. I should just focus on making gold and leveling professions on my monk, which I completely ignored in this mad dash to 100. Messy but fun ride these last few days. Fastest I've leveled a toon yet.

HowZatOZ

Banned
If you are going to level a lowbie with the invasions try to level one that has ranged abilities. You'll get eaten up in melee just with AoE enemy abilities.
People in dungeon groups complaining about 170 ping being horribly laggy and unplayable.
That was better than I ever got until we got servers in Australia. 250 ping all day every day for ten years.
250?! Try 400+ with shitty dialup in Queensland. MC was a nightmare.

Rafy

Ditto. Like 90% of the time when I'm ganked it's a DH. Guess that's what I get for being on a PvP server, but I did go there because of friends :/

My main is on a PVP server for similar reasons. I did refer a friend when it worked on inactive accounts about 5 years ago, and that friend convinced me to roll on his server because PVP was fun. Now I have to pay 20 euro for a transfer to Draenor later today because of him, and next time I see him he's gonna get an earful about this...

Rizzi

If you are going to level a lowbie with the invasions try to level one that has ranged abilities. You'll get eaten up in melee just with AoE enemy abilities.

250?! Try 400+ with shitty dialup in Queensland. MC was a nightmare.

Ouch.

I think I might main my Demon Hunter in Legion. Every time I play him, he just seems.. fun.
And he does a shit load of damage too which is nice.

Top Bottom