• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

Just did Timewalking Halls of Lighting on my Warrior to feel the OPness

Total healing done to me: 1.8M. 1.6M from my Ignore Pain, and 200k from the healer. BLIZZ PLZ

BUFF MONKS

I know they'll rein in Warriors at 110, but god. Ignore Pain was initially a 25% of HP absorb on alpha, then they nerfed/changed it to scale based on AP, and on my Warrior right now it's almost 50% of my HP as a shield if I use it with 60 rage.

Sounds about right. We're absolute gods with a timewalking set & Never Surrender.

Fjordson

How hard is it to solo these Cata raids? I know I did them in the past but I honestly don't remember any mechanics. Can I just roll up in there with one of my lvl 100 toons and face tank everything? Or do I have to read up on how mechanics worked per boss?
If you have decent item lvl it's nothing. My 713 warrior can waltz through 25m heroic Dragon Soul.

Strimei

Just rage quit on LFR Archimonde for the first time in a long while, people not killing void star even on the second try.

I know tunnel vision is a thing but it amazes me how no one seems to notice the star. I'm almost always the only one to go after it and try to stop it.

phierce

We may have a spot or two for a moose run US Horde. I'll double check next weeks schedule and let you guys know. (I say "may")

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did my 2nd WoD Heroic as prot @ 664 and my god is it easy compared to Timewalking.

Never below 80% HP most of the time, and the monk was the healer too
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0njApXY.png[/IMG]

Gdam tank is awesome in proper scaled dungeons.

How hard is it to solo these Cata raids? I know I did them in the past but I honestly don't remember any mechanics. Can I just roll up in there with one of my lvl 100 toons and face tank everything? Or do I have to read up on how mechanics worked per boss?

I ran all the Cata raids on Heroic a week ago and the only three I recall having to actually look up were Beth'ilac, Sinestra, and Spine of Deathwing. Everything else I just zerged, or winged it by reading debuffs and tooltips on the fly.

cdyhybrid

Did my 2nd WoD Heroic as prot @ 664 and my god is it easy compared to Timewalking.

Never below 80% HP most of the time, and the monk was the healer too
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0njApXY.png[/IMG]

Gdam tank is awesome in proper scaled dungeons.
You're significantly outgearing the content at that ilvl, I would hope so :p

biaxident

Although the last PoS boss hits like a truck, my group wiped a bunch with me kiting as a tank cause we had crap dps. We had a demo lock pulling 800 dps tops, and 2 melee's. Our healer went shadow and topped at 9k dps to kill him, tanked it with no healer lol. (Died and used SS to rez to die again of course). Really bad dps can hurt a group almost as much as bad tank/healer. If a mechanic is hard, push through it quickly, solved.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
its really not ok, they are extremely viable in raids, outside of that they need to be carried
I haven't seen the tuning at raid levels yet, but it kind of seems like I would bring my boomkin to fill the stuff I'd like to do with my shadow priest instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure what to do after I get the DK to 100 (he's 97 in spires now). Theres no point in getting gear right now, and I wasnt feeling any other class to lvl. I might need to give it another quick pass on each to see if anything clicks.

Hell im lvling the DK and not really enjoying him tbh so /shrug. I got a shaman, pali, monk and mage at 91, shaman would have to be enhancememt because I don't have int mail hairlooms (but I hear enhancement is cool anyway and its one of the few specs ive never played in over 10 years of wow). I do like how fast WoD content flies by with heirlooms and the 20% pots tho.

Then I have sub 60 druid (mid 30s), rogue (27) and warrior (15) but I don't think I have it in me to level a lowbie again right now (although I do have that 100 boost to use...)

WRU DHs

Shadow actually performs well in HFC right now. Potentially one of the highest if they get a good surrender to madness off.

Hilarious thing is them getting fucked from a pre-pull and dying near instantly. Or getting sent down on Gorefiend which screws them over too, heh.

Neverfade

Any way to see LUA errors? I get a popup saying I'm getting a ton but my only options are ignore or disable. I'd like to narrow down the culprit.

I'm bored. All there is to do right now is farm transmogs and gold or level another lowbie alt. The invasions will be a decent distraction but Legion needs to happen already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've spent most of the time prior to Legion still trying to figure out a main. Still getting nowhere with it.

I kind of want to play Balance again now that Eclipse is gone but I hate the Horde Druid races

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've spent most of the time prior to Legion still trying to figure out a main. Still getting nowhere with it.

I kind of want to play Balance again now that Eclipse is gone but I hate the Horde Druid races

Oh eclipse is gone? I hated that shit even at low lvl. Might have to give the boomkin another try then

strafer

But Tauren is the most natural choice when it comes to Druid.

Neverfade

Quartz/Quartz Power was my LUA spam problem. Anyone know of a decent alternative? It was unfortunately causing performance issues so it had to go.

Magnus

The thread title is awesome. Well done.

The return to the game after an absence and then a new patch is always so fucking daunting. You log in, so mcuh crap has changed, your talents are all unspent, and you're like, wtf, I need to spend 30 minutes read and figuring shit out before you can actually go out and do something.

I wish the game would address that somehow.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Until invasions its all about that mog and rep!

I guess there's very little reason to do anything else as you get gear drops from the Invasions.

Ashodin

This is the perfect time for my wife to come back and figure shit out before the expac and invasions happen. So that's what we've been doing.

ampere

The thread title is awesome. Well done.

The return to the game after an absence and then a new patch is always so fucking daunting. You log in, so mcuh crap has changed, your talents are all unspent, and you're like, wtf, I need to spend 30 minutes read and figuring shit out before you can actually go out and do something.

I wish the game would address that somehow.

I remember Ghostcrawler once said that a big complaint they get from players who quit is that they come back to the game and their character has changed so much they don't know what to do.

That's why it shocked me that they were making so many class changes with Legion, but I guess they're taking a chance there.

Rhaknar

Whats the thread title in reference to?

Xeteh

So I haven't played WoW since Cataclysm but I'm messing around with the Legion beta on a friend's account and its a lot of fun... I decided to go back and check out the Cataclysm raids thinking I had only done a couple before I quit. Nope. I'd done them all and I remembered barely any of it. I must have played longer in to the expansion than I thought, I know I didn't do too much of the heroic difficulty raids but man, each boss in the Bastion of Twilight was an "OH RIGHT, THIS GUY" aside from Cho'gall.

drotahorror

A buddy of mine who has like 500kg said he's saving his gold for legion because you can upgrade your character with gold now. What's this mean? I'm trying to find it but can't seem to. He didn't elaborate and I haven't talked to him since, figured i'd ask here.

cdyhybrid

A buddy of mine who has like 500kg said he's saving his gold for legion because you can upgrade your character with gold now. What's this mean? I'm trying to find it but can't seem to. He didn't elaborate and I haven't talked to him since, figured i'd ask here.
Only thing I can think of is buying crafted gear to break down into Obliterum to upgrade crafted gear you're wearing.

Ashodin

Holy shit, I forgot I had this guy!

f1Y1fVG.jpg

Top Bottom