• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sölf

Some of the effects also don't scale. One of the Pitlords with this green effects on the ground... this green stuff deals 35k damage. That oneshots me, I can't react. It appears and I am instantly dead.

Zelias

Banned
Sölf;214334334 said:
Some of the effects also don't scale. One of the Pitlords with this green effects on the ground... this green stuff deals 35k damage. That oneshots me, I can't react. It appears and I am instantly dead.
Some of the Doomguards have a curse ability that absorbs healing and does massive damage when it expires. It literally does 150% of my max HP. Even better when I'm in Hillsbrad and the nearest graveyard is fifty miles away.

Magnus

Ok, that was fun as fuck once I started getting wise to not dying.

Flew up from 97 to 100 in 3 invasions, lol. Cracked open all my chests from the last few days (going from 90 to 100) and am in nearly full 700-720 level gear. So sick.

Love this event.

Xanathus

Is it possible, and how long does it take, to power level a character on a starter account from say 13 to 20? I want to get the Liadrin Paladin portrait for Hearthstone but playing WoW is killing me on the inside.

Zelias

Banned
Is it possible, and how long does it take, to power level a character on a starter account from say 13 to 20? I want to get the Liadrin Paladin portrait for Hearthstone but playing WoW is killing me on the inside.
Use the Legion invasions that are currently ongoing and you'll be 20 in no time.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag

1 hour tops, if you have to get it from 1 to 20.

Whooter

You don't get the XP from the boss itself if you're dead. And that's now a sizable chunk.

Oh shit, I get what you mean. I've had times when I've dinged while in ghost form running back from graveyard, but that's probably from the stage completion XP, isn't it?

My bad.

Magnus

So that was awesome. Thanks to everyone in this thread that flagged the hot fix overnight. I took the Mage from 97-100 in two invasions. Lol. Even with a bunch of dying.

I'll definitely try to take up my 87 Druid and one other toon before this well runs dry in a couple weeks.

I'm so tired of getting killed right when the boss is at 2% in invasions. What a god damned waste of time.

If I make it alive to around 10%, I pop every damn survival cooldown (ice block etc) and hide.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Went from 90-100 in a couple hours. Had basically full 700 gear when i dinged by saving all my chests until 100. Not sure if ill do it again. It was a good, fun experience but id rather remember the demon invasion stuff fondly than burn myself out on it leveling characters i havent touched in 5-8 years.

Magnus

Went from 90-100 in a couple hours. Had basically full 700 gear when i dinged by saving all my chests until 100. Not sure if ill do it again. It was a good, fun experience but id rather remember the demon invasion stuff fondly than burn myself out on it leveling characters i havent touched in 5-8 years.

Yeah. I think I have it in me to take a couple more up from the 80s/90s but certainly not from lower. Those characters will need boosts or other levelling techniques further down the line.

Sölf

So the information on this page still valid?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/509-Legion-Challenge-Mode-Dungeons

If it is, I just might buy Legion...
like anyone cares what I do :p

Pretty much. We now have 5 mans in normal mode (leveling and some max level), heroic mode (same as before, max level version of the dungeons), Mythic mode (harder and 2 of the 10 dungeons are Mythic only, also mythic doesn't work with the LFD system, you need a premae group) and finally Mythic+ which is what is described there.

Mythic+ drops loot equal to Normal and Heroic raids, depending on the Mythic+ level. Mythic+10 caps the loot for now at 865, which is Emerald Nightmare Heroic. You also get a cache at the beginning of each week, which basically gives you one item depending in your highest cleared Mythic+ dungeon in the week before. These are 15 item level higher than what you would get, so Mythic+10 would drop 865 loot and the cache would give you 880 loot, which is the same as the Emerald Nightmare Mythic raid.

mdzapeer

Sölf;214340157 said:
Pretty much. We now have 5 mans in normal mode (leveling and some max level), heroic mode (same as before, max level version of the dungeons), Mythic mode (harder and 2 of the 10 dungeons are Mythic only, also mythic doesn't work with the LFD system, you need a premae group) and finally Mythic+ which is what is described there.

Mythic+ drops loot equal to Normal and Heroic raids, depending on the Mythic+ level. Mythic+10 caps the loot for now at 865, which is Emerald Nightmare Heroic. You also get a cache at the beginning of each week, which basically gives you one item depending in your highest cleared Mythic+ dungeon in the week before. These are 15 item level higher than what you would get, so Mythic+10 would drop 865 loot and the cache would give you 880 loot, which is the same as the Emerald Nightmare Mythic raid.

Nice...really nice, so challenge modes have been renamed to Mythic+, so no more challenge modes?

Challenge modes was the most fun I had in wow back during WoD/MoP to be honest, and this system going forward looks like a ton of fun.

Guess I am back in....

P4010.gif

Magnus

Will this be the first time that it'll be truly viable to gear up and stay relatively powerful strictly through soloing and 5-mans?

Sölf

Nice...really nice, so challenge modes have been renamed to Mythic+, so no more challenge modes?

Challenge modes was the most fun I had in wow back during WoD/MoP to be honest, and this system going forward looks like a ton of fun.

Guess I am back in....

P4010.gif

Yep, no more challenge mode. It's Mythic+ now. You still have a timer, but it's more lenient, more like Silver/Bronze. Mythic+1 is basically only stuff like +8% Life/Damage for enemies. But it gets quite a bit higher. I think +13 has stuff like +141%. Also, +3 gives one and +6 another Affix. Not sure if by now +9 gives a third, but with these affixes it changes how you approach certain mobs and bosses.

Here is a Mythic+7 run. You can definitly still speedrun it (which they do here), but that is "only" +7. Loot caps at +10 and there is an achievement for +15 that gives an artifact skin. So, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzV9H9PncNw

ampere

I'm so tired of getting killed right when the boss is at 2% in invasions. What a god damned waste of time.

Yea it makes griefing really easy for people, and a lot of boss abilities don't scare properly so they decimate low level players

Def something they should address

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Will this be the first time that it'll be truly viable to gear up and stay relatively powerful strictly through soloing and 5-mans?

Pretty much, clearing Mythic+ dungeons will get you loot with heroic (even mythic) raid item levels.

The only caveat is that raids are still the only place to get tier armor and the best trinkets.

Sölf

Pretty much, clearing Mythic+ dungeons will get you loot with heroic (even mythic) raid item levels.

The only caveat is that raids are still the only place to get tier armor and the best trinkets.

Not sure if best trinkets, but since all items can scale up, you can at least compensate. And some of the dungeon trinkets are sick as fuck.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sölf;214341888 said:
Not sure if best trinkets, but since all items can scale up, you can at least compensate. And some of the dungeon trinkets are sick as fuck.

Ya know, you're right. I just took a look on wowhead and a lot of the dungeon trinkets have good, usually raid-style procs/effects. That's pretty cool.

Sölf

Ya know, you're right. I just took a look on wowhead and a lot of the dungeon trinkets have good, usually raid-style procs/effects. That's pretty cool.

I saw some people on MMO-Champion argueing, that BiS for most classes will probably be a mix for the Court of Stars/Arcway sets, the raid set, 1-2 legendaries and some other random items.

Here is a comment with alle Court of Stars/Arcway sets from WoWhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1294/journey-through-time#comments

And here one of the "most broken trinkets ever":

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133642/horn-of-valor&bonus=1826

q0fQl4w.jpg

Got the staff I've been after last night. Fiery Weapon glow looks good on it with the mog. Still need the purple/pink version (to go with T8.5), but this one was harder to get as it comes from heroic - nice mistweaver traded it to me when I asked.

The lighting in this screenshot doesn't really do me justice though, should've picked a better spot.

th3dude

Trying to gear my Pally for protection (it's been a long time) but can't seem to find a shield anywhere.

Anything I can do other than craft/AH?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Sölf;214343562 said:
I saw some people on MMO-Champion argueing, that BiS for most classes will probably be a mix for the Court of Stars/Arcway sets, the raid set, 1-2 legendaries and some other random items.

Here is a comment with alle Court of Stars/Arcway sets from WoWhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=1294/journey-through-time#comments

And here one of the "most broken trinkets ever":

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133642/horn-of-valor&bonus=1826

Those 2 piece sets are really interesting. Gives items some personality again.

Jag

Trying to gear my Pally for protection (it's been a long time) but can't seem to find a shield anywhere.

Anything I can do other than craft/AH?

If you are 100 there is a 650 shield treasure on Tanaan you can easily loot. Don't remember the name.

Or just win 2 BGs. I think a shield is 2 marks.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yup that one. Yeah it wasn't that bad but it was really boring.
Audio books. At least it will go quicker now because of the level difference and aoe loot. If you have mining you can also find khorium if you stick to the caves and mine the adamantite veins there.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If I hit the fucking boss I should get credit for the fucking kill. Tired of dying at the last minute and losing out on 45k exp. They need to fix that shit, like now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got three dudes to 100 from 92 or so in 4 hours. My button pushing finger is tired.

It was a real pain on the Paladin that doesn't have nearly as good of ranged abilities. I haven't really played Mage much recently so I just spammed Ice Lance.

Rafy

What's the easiest to get decent caster off-hand?

There is a treasure in a cart at the Tanaan Fel Forge which is decent (ilvl650), but I upgraded to a pvp 710 one by winning 2 BGs. You only need two marks of honor for it. So maybe just go for that one directly.

Sarek

There is a treasure in a cart at the Tanaan Fel Forge which is decent (ilvl650), but I upgraded to a pvp 710 one by winning 2 BGs. You only need two marks of honor for it. So maybe just go for that one directly.

Thanks for the tip!

th3dude

If you are 100 there is a 650 shield treasure on Tanaan you can easily loot. Don't remember the name.

Or just win 2 BGs. I think a shield is 2 marks.

Nice, thanks!

Grabbed that shield in like 5 minutes.

Maybe I'll go for the 710 one from BGs now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up, crazy xp nerfed or hotfixed yet? if not time to spam moonfire again

Top Bottom