• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I usually just fly up high or hide somewhere then tag it at the last few seconds. Still get full XP.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tag things and hide!
I tried this

rzZrVXR.jpg

Me hiding behind the barn at Tarren Mill. Stupid #$*%#$*#$ Rogue came and killed me at the last minute so I didn't get the boss XP. Jerk.

Sarek

I don't if it's the recent hotfixes, but the Broken Isles scenario seemed to give lot more experience than I remebered. Got almost half a level from doing it. Definitely worth it since you also get a nice weapon and a ring.

Xeteh

So for the fun of it I made a level 1 Shaman, leveled it to 6 then went to Crossroads. At around 52 minutes played I'm level 24 with just tagging things in that invasion.

tmespe

If you're Alliance, the Shrine is literally the best place.

You got the Ironforge and Stormwind portals. Ironforge a bit annoying to reach Hillsbrad but it isn't too far. And it has the teleporter on the deck that takes you to the Barrens (10 gold each time but eh).
Where is this magic barrens portal?

Robin64

Invasion exp hotfix is awesome. Just fighting demons with other people in phase 1 is a huge chunk. Sad the holy buff has gone, but ah well, this is good.

tmespe

Invasion exp hotfix is awesome. Just fighting demons with other people in phase 1 is a huge chunk. Sad the holy buff has gone, but ah well, this is good.

Overall it's a huge increase to xp. Almost 1 level now at 92 from one invasion. Better enjoy it while it lasts.

Sarek

Took little over an hour at most to get my hunter from 97 to 100. First did an invasion that took her well into lvl 98, then the Broken Shore scenario which gave half a level more. Back in Orgrimmar got the quest to repel a Legion invasion, so I did another invasion and that was enough to reach lvl 100. Best pre-expansion event by far.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Went from having two 100 pallies (need one of each faction) last week to pre-ordering legion to boosting a warlock to 100 and finally now I'm sitting on a hunter, demon hunter, warrior and monk at 100 too. Thank you invasions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol that xp is crazy alright, went from 60 to 63 in 1 invasion by tab targeting moonfire. will do more later if they dont fix it again, now i need some sleep

Sölf

Dem EXP. Finally a reason to kill bosses. Seriously, they give me more EXP than the various invasion stages. This is great! :D

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
already got 1 alt to 100. might get another 2 near 100, and a 3rd at least around 80 i hope.

i got all of the weapons and appearances finally. now i gotta figure out what to do with all of the nethershards im farming

Lain

A couple days away from the game for hardware problems, and when I get back to it I find the invasion exp got even better.
So good to get nice exp from the kills that everyone else is hitting too and the big names giving some sweet exp too when I manage to stay alive.
Now I'd only need for abilities not doing twice my HP in damage and for every GY in the zone during the invasion working like a PvP one, instead of only the one near the main invasion avenue.

Ken

what's the minimum to do invasions? idk WoW geography that well so idk when I can travel to invasion spots with a new character

Lanrutcon

what's the minimum to do invasions? idk WoW geography that well so idk when I can travel to invasion spots with a new character

Participation requires level 10.

Getting to the zones? well, that's another matter.

Edit: And invasions are bugged again. Not getting xp if you're dead, even if you don't release.

Faith in Fate

Neo Member

Not sure there is one actually, I did my first at lvl 7 because it just started as I was leaving the dwarf starting area.

Did they do something to the Holy Enchantment again? I can't seem to get into the right "phase" of Stormwind Harbour on my 46 hunter anymore, though I was in it when I logged out last night .

Lanrutcon

Did they do something to the Holy Enchantment again? I can't seem to get into the right "phase" of Stormwind Harbour on my 46 hunter anymore, though I was in it when I logged out last night .

You need to be on the quest to get into the phase.

Level req: 98.

Zelias

Banned
Looks like they removed it for low levels when they hotfixed the XP splitting. Join a zerg in invasions now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Somehow I doubt the intent is that I go from 95-100 in 1 hour.

Rafy

Question, while my charecter is being transferred I am not allowed to login at all right? Even to play with my other characters?

EDIT: Nevermind, the transfer just went through.

Is anyone here part of a casual and social guild in Draenor (EU) friendly to people new to raiding? I am looking to join one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just went to the one in Azshara, blew through the first 2 phases, then flew into Org and it resets and then I just blew through it again, repeat.

Zelias

Banned
I wonder if they will nerf it again. I don't necessarily have tons of time to play this weekend and I get the feeling it'll be nerfed before I can take advantage of it. Still, I have two alts at 79 and two more at 70 through invasions so can't complain too much.

Angry Grimace

I wonder if they will nerf it again. I don't necessarily have tons of time to play this weekend and I get the feeling it'll be nerfed before I can take advantage of it. Still, I have two alts at 79 and two more at 70 through invasions so can't complain too much.

There's no way they don't nerf being able to go from 95-100 in less than an hour.

Robin64

To be fair, they said "Enjoy the weekend!" so I think they know how fast it is. But as long as you're joining in to get that exp, it's probably fine. Besides, it will be nerfed in less than two weeks.

Rizzi

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to do mythic dungeons anymore. Literally none of it will matter in like nine days time.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I just went to the one in Azshara, blew through the first 2 phases, then flew into Org and it resets and then I just blew through it again, repeat.

You shouldn't be getting XP from the first 2 phases the second time around, if you reset it. Can you confirm you really are, though?

Magnus

So far the invasions feel awful again. No one seems to have the firepower to take anything down. It's slow as shit.

Where is the glory everyone is describing

edit- Yeah, I just get annihilated as a 97 mage just being near bosses when they're active. There's no way to dodge damage. Wtf. The final phase 4 boss in Kharanos killed me 5 times, lol. I'd just get hit with an unavoidable AOE each time or something.

M.D

Invasion XP is insane... I'm gonna take my Monk from 64 to 100 and make a Mage to level it up with invasions as well, and boost a Shaman

You can never have too many alts... right?

Angry Grimace

You shouldn't be getting XP from the first 2 phases the second time around, if you reset it. Can you confirm you really are, though?

You just kill all the dudes.

You basically go to Kharanos, kill everything through Stage 2, then go in the inn and log, and then when you log back in you'll be in Stage 1 again.

I just gained a level from 97 to 98 in 10 minutes walking up and down spamming Howling Blast.

Zelias

Banned
Note: You can avoid PvP shenanigans by staying in your faction's territory (so, say, Barrens and Azshara for Horde) or by using the group finder to find an invasion group that isn't on a PvP server. It's what I'm doing.

Doesn't help with nearly getting a boss down only to die to Doom Guard's Curse or whatever, but hey!

grimmiq

Hurray, my ISP apparently has a huge outage covering half the city..Trying to continue using my phone as a hotspot..went from 20ms to 300+..It's like playing WoW before oceanic servers again.

Ryan_MSF

You can sue storyline, which changes up how the quests are displayed entirely. You can also play around with the UI scale in System->Advanced. A third option if you only want to change the size of the quest log is to type in "/run QuestFrame:SetScale(x)". You'll need to do this every time you log in, so you might want to put it in a macro.

Thank you so much, this Storyline addon is perfect :)

Top Bottom