• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I can't believe 10 years ago when I picked this server I didn't anticipate the world events where there'd be 10x as many horde as alliance killing everyone in the area. Curse my terrible psychic powers.

Yea, the horde imbalance on my PVP server didn't exist back during TBC/Wrath, so it's infinitely less fun than it was the first few years. I'm not dropping the money to transfer though, so it is what it is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"oh yeah Kara has that cool ass looking gun from big bad wolf, I guess I could pass some time and go do it on my hunter /shrug"

"oh cool opera event is actually big bad wolf"

"oh cool the gun dropped"

just used up all my luck for the forseeable future >_>

ampere

I can't believe 10 years ago when I picked this server I didn't anticipate the world events where there'd be 10x as many horde as alliance killing everyone in the area. Curse my terrible psychic powers.

And nobody could have predicted CRZ

There's a difference between "oh the Alliance on this server are camping Hellfire Peninsula today, damn" to "oh the Alliance are always camping Hellfire Peninsula because every fucking realm is here"

World PvP is not what it was when most people rolled toons and picked realms. I mean it used to be vicious at times, but flying mounts and CRZ totally changed the game

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
click the pot

edit: oh my god logging out at hillsbrad and logging in to farm stages 1 and 2 is stupid

saw no pot, there was a small urn on the floor I couldnt interact with :(

man Kara is a lot bigger than I remember lol

M.D

As Horde all i see are Alliance ganking lowbie Horde and camping GYs.

I said in an earlier this is pretty much irriontal hatred as I'm sure there's asshole on both sides, but this is what I see and what I feel.

Even though I'm pretty sure you're being a bit sarcastic, this is exactly why I spent the money to move to a PvE server.

I like the concept of PvP servers, but with how little time I have to play, I get so frustrated when I'm trying to quest or do world things and get ganked.

PvE for me from now on.

I always think about doing this, and even came close to moving over to Silvermoon since I've met someone who I really like to play with on that server, but finding a new guild and getting to new people is a real bummer to me. Maybe it has to do with my personality but meeting new people and getting comfortable with everyone is making me back off of this idea.

I asked if any gaffer is playing on Silvermoon to maybe make this transition smoother but it seems like no one is playing on that server.

And so the cycle of faction hatred continues.

All according to plan.

I hate you too

I do prefer Horde lore to Alliance but if I could join a neutral mercantile faction like the Steamwheedle Cartel I would. This conflict between the two is so lame and forced now, especially with the looming threat of the Legion.

I would rather play a faction that had unique access to both the Horde and Alliance AH's and make gold playing those two markets off of each other instead of actually fighting for one or the other. Just make Gadgetzan the capital, it's got an AH and a bank. They could add fast travel between the Steamwheedle hubs via teleporters, I mean Goblins and Gnomes run this thing. It would be awesome to teleport to the Steamwheelde cities all throughout the content. If they limited the faction to just Gnomes and Goblins, I would have no problem with that.

Personally I think invasion zones should be flagged as Sanctuary for the duration of the invasion and a grace period after. Just flat out disable World PVP. It doesn't make any sense to have some petty faction dispute in the middle of repelling a demonic incursion into your world.

I love this idea, and I agree with what you said about invasions, and so does probably 99% of the player base.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Boss was 2% away from dying. Someone with a debuff moved next to me and it detonated, killing me and screwing me of the XP kill.

Ohhhhhh my god I'm gonna lose it right now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
No sympathy for anyone who rolled on a pvp server.

Signed,
Captain Carebear

Yeah if you were captain pve tryhard though you'd be on Sargeras, a pvp server anyway.

Which is like, overwhelmingly alliance based at this point like 20:1 but invasions are still unplayable to me because reasons.

So its not really because i'm on a pvp server is it? It's because im being grouped unevenly.

Rhaknar

So, how fast is getting 1-00 with invasion now, a few hours?

well the invasions arent up all the time and sub lvl 60 with flying its much harder to hit all of them, if you can even be arsed

Aeana

didnt y'all want world pvp? theres your world pvp mofos :3

It's one thing if people are equally leveled, but this event encourages people from level 10 to 100 to all do it together, and there's no way a lowbie can fight back against a level 100 demon hunter named "KiLLuZiONiST"

Yeah if you were captain pve tryhard though you'd be on Sargeras, a pvp server anyway.

Which is like, overwhelmingly alliance based at this point like 20:1 but invasions are still unplayable to me because reasons.

So its not really because i'm on a pvp server is it? It's because im being grouped unevenly.

Alliance is rough on Sargeras because they are CRZ shared with both Mal'ganis and Illidan. Both of their horde populations combined still outnumber Sargeras alliance but orders of magnitude. Every invasion is just 90% horde and they're all more interested in pvp than completing objectives. Being CRZ'd with just one of those two might be better. Ah well.

Lain

I was curious about the Alliance side of the Broken Isles event so I did it with my Shaman. Compared to the Horde side it felt pretty boring. Not only the exchanges during the event on the island, but the story bits too (there and afterwards). No cool cinematic like the one for the Sylvanas/Vol'jin stuff back in town, no funny lines during the fights, the whole betrayal/revenge thing. Meh.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I was curious about the Alliance side of the Broken Isles event so I did it with my Shaman. Compared to the Horde side it felt pretty boring. Not only the exchanges during the event on the island, but the story bits too (there and afterwards). No cool cinematic like the one for the Sylvanas/Vol'jin stuff back in town, no funny lines during the fights, the whole betrayal/revenge thing. Meh.
You get a ilvl700 ring tho ;)

also, demon hunters are crazy fun. running through legacy dungeons for non-tier pieces is pretty fun since you're able to pretty much rush through everything.

Lain

You needed to do the attunement quest in the past (in Area 52?), no idea if a quick way to pop him was added later on.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's one thing if people are equally leveled, but this event encourages people from level 10 to 100 to all do it together, and there's no way a lowbie can fight back against a level 100 demon hunter named "KiLLuZiONiST"

This also isn't world pvp at all this is a pve event with busted pvp happening around.

We're not level 110 yet which is what pvp is all balanced for. World pvp doesn't trigger the pre-determined stat sheet, which is something they're going to work on later.

It's also super fun when a mythic tank can just live with 5 people or more on them, or I just annihilate like 30 people for no reason without even targeting them on my fire mage.

You have to run a quest chain to unlock it. When I ran to Kara a couple days ago I noticed the NPCs weren't standing outside anymore, so it might be broken now that Dalaran moved on top of it.

Rhaknar

druid 68, rogue 51, and thats just doing the eastern kingdoms invasions, I cba taking boats and whatnot. With 1 more week of invasions left before legion, and the last week having even more, if they dont hotfix this again I will get both to 100 for sure, its the last 2 classes I need anyway so theres no rush right now to do ALL invasions.

I never had all classes max level on any expansion heh

Xeteh

Testing continues. 3.5 hours played and I hit level 50 on a new character. Probably could have been a lot faster, Azshara is hard to keep up with due to the huge mine that you have to run around for the bosses.

carlsojo

This is false. All Demon Hunters must have some form of "-llidan" in their name. Killidan or Killulotsidan would have been acceptable.

Tacitus_

meh, rapid mind not worth it at 7k per pot
too much time wasted standing around waiting for the scenario to start when resetting

Aeana

When I first read that name I thought it was a tad anti-Semitic.

It's funny, because the reason why I remember that name is because back when I played Dark Age of Camelot, someone was making a big stink in my guild about that name being anti-semitic. The GMs decided it was just a coincidence though.

Xeteh

I bet if someone reports him they'll force a name change. Guy probably has no idea... just really bad taste in names.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
EDoKtxL.png

I guess I'll never be 100 now.

Rhaknar

my female balance druid casting animations are so much better than my male wrlock, do I really want to waste 15€ just to gender change a class I might not even play right away in legion >_<

at the same time I feel the awful animations are part of whats keeping me from enjoying my Lock :(

well the invasions arent up all the time and sub lvl 60 with flying its much harder to hit all of them, if you can even be arsed

Farming Hilsbrad steps 1 2 and 3 and logging out to reset before three is done has netted me 61-72 in about 2 1/2 hours. And that's fucking around while at work on my laptop. It is INCREDIBLY boring though

Sölf

Brought my Priest from 86 to 100 now. Why is there no Offhand. I am running around with a 346 Cataclysm Offhand now. D:

Mothman91

So how does leveling professions work again? Right now I resubbed and have like 600ish/700 for mining. I don't have flying and I don't want to try to do the quest line for it. If I hold leveling it up until Legion, I'll be able to mine and level up during Legion questing, is that correct?

Xeteh

Sölf;214365921 said:
Brought my Priest from 86 to 100 now. Why is there no Offhand. I am running around with a 346 Cataclysm Offhand now. D:

There's one that is relatively easy to pick up in Tanaan or you can get two Marks of Honor from winning two BGs and buy a PVP offhand.

TheYanger

So how does leveling professions work again? Right now I resubbed and have like 600ish/700 for mining. I don't have flying and I don't want to try to do the quest line for it. If I hold leveling it up until Legion, I'll be able to mine and level up during Legion questing, is that correct?

Yeah. Some recipes require higher, but you'll et 600-700 in no time. with Warlords mats it's almost time gated (at least if you want to do it efficiently) which can be a struggle, so I'd just wait.

Sölf

There's one that is relatively easy to pick up in Tanaan or you can get two Marks of Honor from winning two BGs and buy a PVP offhand.

I leveled the priest from 10 to 100 only with Invasions. I can't be bothered doing anything in Draenor on this char. xD

ampere

Just went on my priest 82-90 in the spawn of three hours. Shit is legit nuts

I've leveled my Warlock and Rogue 90-100 very fast, and my Paladin 90-97 even faster since the hotfix. It's pretty amusing, I had zero plan to ever level these guys, but I can farm for the weapon xmogs at the same time so why not?

Frostburn

Anyone happen to have a 7 day trial code? I buy all my Blizzard games digitally so I don't have any of the free codes that come with them unfortunately and I wanted to check my original WoW account tied to the same B.NET account to see what I have on those characters before I pay $25 to transfer them to my now main WoW account on the same B.NET one.

Top Bottom