• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Magnus

My mage alt was 90 like two days ago. After like 10 invasions, she's 100 and iLevel 698, higher than my main. Go figure. What a blast.

So started a warlock this moring, almost level 40 and only done like 5-6 invasions, this shit is crazy.

Woah, wtf. I didn't realize it was that viable for low levels too. I assumed the XP kind of scaled, like the mobs, so that you'd get like, 1 level an invasion.

Craziness. Fuck. I might actually do some new toons this week that I don't have on my main server.... Monk, Rogue, Warrior, Warlock, DK...

M.D

These invasions convince me more and more than Horde are generally just pieces of shit. I know it is an irrational thought but I hold still hold it.

Sölf

Blizzard really needs to introduce more large scale events like these but permanent. They are so damn good. Heck, if even a single one pops up every 3 days that would be awesome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sölf;214349070 said:
Blizzard really needs to introduce more large scale events like these but permanent. They are so damn good. Heck, if even a single one pops up every 3 days that would be awesome.

dude the invasions have been up for ages and most people didnt care for them or just afked them. its only cool now because of the crazy xp for alt leveling.

lets not pretend people are doing it for the social aspect :p

Really enjoying the crazy fast leveling of alts. As it is now I have several characters I can choose from for the lvl 100 boost and I don't know what to pick.

I've played an enhancement shaman for years but hes already level 100. I can now pick between mage, priest, rogue, or paladin, and I don't have a good feel for any of them now with the class changes.

Also can someone clarify for me how professions work in Legion? From what I'm hearing you don't even need to level professions any more - its all level based. Is that absolutely true? If it is true than I could choose any class since I only listed the ones above since they were level 60 and get the profession boost.

Pigbottom

Neo Member
dude the invasions have been up for ages and most people didnt care for them or just afked them. its only cool now because of the crazy xp for alt leveling.

Honestly, for the first few hours I had a legitimate blast with the invasions and It felt pretty immersive and cool to fight off the legion right in our backyard. But of course after a while, and specially after we discovered you could reset it, it became just about the grind.

Sölf

I still have fun though. :p
They also all feel the same, but these zone wide events could differ quite a bit honestly.

Or just give me Rift like Invasions. :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Add-ons that track 3D space (like some of the M Archi mods), are going to be stamped out in Legion from the sounds of it.

Sölf

Add-ons that track 3D space (like some of the M Archi mods), are going to be stamped out in Legion from the sounds of it.

Is the stream still ongoing or do you have a link to the video? I saw that on MMO too, Slootbags stream or something?

Lain

After years, I got my spacegoat shaman to 100 thanks to the invasions. I also racked up 47 boxes while leveling up, opened them all and managed to find 5 helms, 7 shoulders, 3 chests, 3 bracers, 5 gloves, 6 belts, 8 pants, 10 shoes, 2 axes, 1 mace and 1 weapon upgrade item. Weapons really can be a bit too rare (still trying to find a weapon with my gnome warrior).

Zelias

Banned
Welp, Phase 3 as a melee is aggravating. Jump in. Get one shot. Wait to res. Hope to not miss out on XP... might as well just tag and sit back.

Aeana

Welp, Phase 3 as a melee is aggravating. Jump in. Get one shot. Wait to res. Hope to not miss out on XP... might as well just tag and sit back.

It's aggravating as any class. All of the bosses have some bullcrap ability that hits everyone on their hate list.

Sarek

Got my druid to level 100, which is the 3rd character today, and the ninth in total. Three more to go for a full set!

M.D

I'm going to kill every horde player I see from now on. I don't care if you're level 1 trying to get 2 exp you are dead.

I'm sick of you motherfuckers.

I like invasions, as messy as they've been, it is a cool way to revitalise older zones and make them interesting again, if only for a while. I would prefer it if they were reserved for future limited time events as opposed to becoming a common occurrence like Time Walking and sort of becoming boring. It would be neat if they came up with different variations of the event for upcoming Legion patches.

Edit: I am so glad I ignored the advice of the person who got me playing WoW in the first place. He wanted me to make a toon on Mal'Ganis. "Don't worry, it's PVP but it's all Horde" Saved myself from some of that griefing by rolling on a PVE server instead. Now I'm only occasionally inconvenienced by CRZ instead of fucked by it non-stop.

M.D

I bet it feels super good to make people's lives miserable.

I never attack Horde players, let alone anyone lower than me.
In fact, I often help them. All I see it Horde players killing me and other Alliance players when we're anywhere near their invasion territories, while they roam free when it's in ours.

No more.

Somehow I've gotten kills on the other side and never even saw the red names, or even myself PVP tagged. But the "honorable kill" achievement pops up leaving me confused.

Xeteh

Also can someone clarify for me how professions work in Legion? From what I'm hearing you don't even need to level professions any more - its all level based. Is that absolutely true? If it is true than I could choose any class since I only listed the ones above since they were level 60 and get the profession boost.

I suck at explaining things but I watched this video the other day, this guy explains it well. Link

Somehow I've gotten kills on the other side and never even saw the red names, or even myself PVP tagged. But the "honorable kill" achievement pops up leaving me confused.

Are you in a party/raid?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aw cant use the SW portal to hyjal at 66, oh well cba taking boats and shit, will go on my rogue for these two invasions in eastern kingdoms and then do more later, im not THAT fussed about leveling these last 2

Even if you aren't flagged for PVP, one of the Dreadlord Elites can briefly turn everyone against each other. You can damage and kill everyone, from your faction or the opposing one, and get a PVP kill that way. That state only lasts for a few seconds and returns you to unflagged without that 5 min cooldown when it ends. That's how my Monk got its first, and likely only, world pvp kill.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I never attack Horde players, let alone anyone lower than me.
In fact, I often help them. All I see it Horde players killing me and other Alliance players when we're anywhere near their invasion territories, while they roam free when it's in ours.

No more.

As Horde all i see are Alliance ganking lowbie Horde and camping GYs.

Even if you aren't flagged for PVP, one of the Dreadlord Elites can briefly turn everyone against each other. You can damage and kill everyone, from your faction or the opposing one, and get a PVP kill that way. That state only lasts for a few seconds and returns you to unflagged without that 5 min cooldown when it ends. That's how my Monky got its first, and likely only, world pvp kill.

Ah, I didn't know that's how it worked. It all happens so fast.

Here's something that might blow your minds: there are assholes on both sides doing shitty things to the other faction and most of those assholes are on PVP servers. If it bothers you that much, there's never been a better time to roll a new toon on a PVE server.

Zelias

Banned
Here's something that might blow your minds: there are assholes on both sides doing shitty things to the other faction and most of those assholes are on PVP servers. If it bothers you that much, there's never been a better time to roll a new toon on a PVE server.
It's fascinating how tribal people get about their MMO faction, though. I mean you could probably do social studies on this shit.

That said, the Horde is clearly the superior faction.

Wut? They already killed AVR back in Wrath. I don't think any of the current mod stuff like some of the modules in Exorsus or DBM are game breaking. Definitely need to know the extent of what sort of things they're interested in disabling. Could lose a lot of cool weak aura functionality :(

th3dude

I'm going to kill every horde player I see from now on. I don't care if you're level 1 trying to get 2 exp you are dead.

I'm sick of you motherfuckers.

Even though I'm pretty sure you're being a bit sarcastic, this is exactly why I spent the money to move to a PvE server.

I like the concept of PvP servers, but with how little time I have to play, I get so frustrated when I'm trying to quest or do world things and get ganked.

PvE for me from now on.

Rhaknar

didnt y'all want world pvp? theres your world pvp mofos :3

I suck at explaining things but I watched this video the other day, this guy explains it well. Link

That video was incredibly helpful. I had no idea about any of that! So the actual skill level of your profession is completely pointless for Legion-level profession items. The only purpose it would serve now is for everything 700 skill level and below! Crazy.

I guess that means there is a lot less pressure on alts for professions unless you really want everything from below 700 from that profession. If you don't care then there is zero drawback to boosting to 100 with any character.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
didnt y'all want world pvp? theres your world pvp mofos :3

Well for one i think its great. There was an invasion in Gadgetzan and i kept getting ganked on my 92 priest so i started doing Psychic Scream upon rez if a whole bunch of Alliance were there with me. The whole battle was a huge brawl that made the boss fight about triple the normal time it takes to kill him. i will remember that crazy battle for a long time.

ampere

Yea

But they should do something to mitigate the impact of griefing during invasions

Don't kill lowbies y'all! #lowbiesarethefuture

Doesn't bother me that much just sucks when someone ganks you while your low leveled during one of these that causes you to miss out on EXP when something dies.

It's fascinating how tribal people get about their MMO faction, though. I mean you could probably do social studies on this shit.

That said, the Horde is clearly the superior faction.

I do prefer Horde lore to Alliance but if I could join a neutral mercantile faction like the Steamwheedle Cartel I would. This conflict between the two is so lame and forced now, especially with the looming threat of the Legion.

I would rather play a faction that had unique access to both the Horde and Alliance AH's and make gold playing those two markets off of each other instead of actually fighting for one or the other. Just make Gadgetzan the capital, it's got an AH and a bank. They could add fast travel between the Steamwheedle hubs via teleporters, I mean Goblins and Gnomes run this thing. It would be awesome to teleport to the Steamwheelde cities all throughout the content. If they limited the faction to just Gnomes and Goblins, I would have no problem with that.

Yea

But they should do something to mitigate the impact of griefing during invasions

Don't kill lowbies y'all! #lowbiesarethefuture

Personally I think invasion zones should be flagged as Sanctuary for the duration of the invasion and a grace period after. Just flat out disable World PVP. It doesn't make any sense to have some petty faction dispute in the middle of repelling a demonic incursion into your world.

Sölf

The XP you get as a shadow priest just spamming shadow word pain on everything is insane

Hillsbrad P1.

d96.jpg

Sarek

No sympathy for anyone who rolled on a pvp server.

Signed,
Captain Carebear

Yep, there is literally one difference between PvE and PvP servers and that is being vunerable to ganking in open world. People who choose the latter option shouldn't really compain when ganking happens.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yep, there is literally one difference between PvE and PvP servers and that is being vunerable to ganking in open world. People who choose the latter option shouldn't really compain when ganking happens.

Well there are a couple differences now vs at launch such as flying mounts that make you very susceptible to ganking and corpse camping in a way that wasnt possible with ground mounts but that doesnt apply here and is a different topic.

biaxident

Even though I've already leveled everything, I still had a bank alt shaman in the 70s so I figured I'd check out this sharing xp fix... Wow I can't believe I leveled through invasions before this, this is so much better lol. Stage 1 and 2 alone I got 2 full levels from. I feel bad for trying so hard on my lock before the shared xp was in lol.

Xeteh

I can't believe 10 years ago when I picked this server I didn't anticipate the world events where there'd be 10x as many horde as alliance killing everyone in the area. Curse my terrible psychic powers.

erawsd

I do prefer Horde lore to Alliance but if I could join a neutral mercantile faction like the Steamwheedle Cartel I would. This conflict between the two is so lame and forced now, especially with the looming threat of the Legion.

I would rather play a faction that had unique access to both the Horde and Alliance AH's and make gold playing those two markets off of each other instead of actually fighting for one or the other. Just make Gadgetzan the capital, it's got an AH and a bank. They could add fast travel between the Steamwheedle hubs via teleporters, I mean Goblins and Gnomes run this thing. It would be awesome to teleport to the Steamwheelde cities all throughout the content. If they limited the faction to just Gnomes and Goblins, I would have no problem with that.

A Neutral option could be pretty interesting. Though the AHs are already merged.

Top Bottom