• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I actually regret not buying the yeti mount when I saw one for 40k or something, now they are back up to like 80k or more on my server.

In fact all mounts have gone up recently, I bought my Garn Wolf for like 3k a few weeks ago and now there's a million of them but the cheapest is like 7k.

The sky golem I saw a bunch for 30k and now they are all 50-60k.

Ok found my alt. Fire mage is pretty darn fun. Love multiplying crits and getting RNG free Pyroblasts. Its like I'm playing Hearthstone, lol.

While researching Legion stuff though I found my standby main (Enhancement) is going to be freaking nuts in the expansion. Those Artifact skills are eyebrow-raising.

So invasions are the best way to level a fresh character right now?

Without a doubt. Especially with heirlooms and/or exp potions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

If you do a lenghty trip to get flightpaths before hand I guess. I wouldnt do it myself but that's me.

Like my now 70 druid who has the slow flying mount im only doing the ones on eastern kingdom, and my 51 rogue I only do it if its near SW or IF, I skip the tarren mill one, I cba riding up there to get the flight paths lol

Xeteh

I made a new character and at 6h22m played I'm 68% through level 63. This is with heirloom gear. One thing you can do to avoid travelling around a lot before you have proper mounts is to relog before you finish stage 4 and restart the invasion. You don't get the chest or experience from finishing stage 2 again but you get all that experience from the bosses/mobs.

Fjordson

I actually regret not buying the yeti mount when I saw one for 40k or something, now they are back up to like 80k or more on my server.

In fact all mounts have gone up recently, I bought my Garn Wolf for like 3k a few weeks ago and now there's a million of them but the cheapest is like 7k.

The sky golem I saw a bunch for 30k and now they are all 50-60k.
Mounts are up on my server lately also.

Spectral Tiger has made the biggest jump it seems. Was a few hundred thousand for a while early in WoD, but now it's going for over a million.

Rhaknar

Undead have some of the best animations. Belfs are little too edge-lord sure, but so much better than the derpy big feet/hands night elves.

I still have never tried Tauren or Goblin.

Btw I fully concede that Horde has the best races. Just not the ones you listed :3

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I dislike playing Horde in general. I like the races from a lore perspective, but I don't feel rewarded gearing ugly characters. I'm a vain bastard.

Love BEs and Trolls though.

cdyhybrid

I dislike playing Horde in general. I like the races from a lore perspective, but I don't feel rewarded gearing ugly characters. I'm a vain bastard.

Love BEs and Trolls though.

Lucky for you the Blood Elves are the best looking race in the game. So you can play the superior faction and still look great ;)

Undead have some of the best animations. Belfs are little too edge-lord sure, but so much better than the derpy big feet/hands night elves.

It's hilarious that you'd call belfs edgy in the same sentence post where you mentioned undead.

Hilariously stupid.

Undead are the edgiest race in the game.

And my only wod 100's were undead.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Undead Death Knights make me lol. "You died? Yeah well, I died twice. I'm double undead."

So do Blood Elf Blood Death Knights

Look at that name. It's edgelord incarnate. Then they use techniques like Bonestorm and Blood Mirror. lmao

I still have never tried Tauren or Goblin.

Goblins are fucking awesome, they have fantastic animations and I love the male and female voice lines. Tauren are fantastic if you love ridiculously oversized gear, like having a one-handed mace that's larger than a Goblin.

grimmiq

Just got my DK and Paladin to 100, invasions were great. Still have my 100 boost.

Have Druid, Paladin, DK, DH. 2 Leather and 2 Plate, so I guess I should go for a cloth/mail for my boosted character.

Haven't played a cloth/mail class since my original account like 4-5 years ago, any suggestions?

SolVanderlyn

Shaman are great. All three specs are fun and viable. I'd boost that.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I am sooooo fucking tired of dying at the last minute from these ridiculously OP AOEs. Fuck whoever had that 'bright' idea.

With how often it happened today I'd probably be level 98 by now at least.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Man that 7.1 breakdown on MMOChamp has me super excited. I haven't been this keen for WoW in years, really does seem like the A team is back. I like spooked Blizzard, please keep bringing out amazing stuff.

Sarek

I am sooooo fucking tired of dying at the last minute from these ridiculously OP AOEs. Fuck whoever had that 'bright' idea.

With how often it happened today I'd probably be level 98 by now at least.

That's why I try to run away when to boss is low enough that dying would mean that I lose the xp. Still manage to die at the wrong time regurarly though.

Man that 7.1 breakdown on MMOChamp has me super excited. I haven't been this keen for WoW in years, really does seem like the A team is back. I like spooked Blizzard, please keep bringing out amazing stuff.

Same for me. Haven't played WoW this much since Cata. Too bad my old guild is pretty much dead now though since I would like to get back to raiding in Legion.

SolVanderlyn

I want to level my 68 Rogue through Northrend, because I actually like Northrend questing and dungeons a lot, but invasions tho...

Rhaknar

All races are cool guys, play whatever you like.

Except trolls, fuck trolls.

carlsojo

Yo all I'm saying is becoming a Dreadlord in Lion's Rest and killing all the players who came to mourn
Varian (are we still spoiler tagging that?)
is the most satisfying thing ever.

Corsick

Wouldn't you be getting more by resetting after stage 3?

Too much running around for bosses in stage 3 for my taste. I stay in Sentinel Hill in a party mass tagging, then you have 4 bosses condensed together at stage 2's end. Really convenient for me.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Too much running around for bosses in stage 3 for my taste. I stay in Sentinel Hill in a party mass tagging, then you have 4 bosses condensed together at stage 2's end. Really convenient for me.

That's what I did last night as well, 80-92. Got old super fast though. 8 more levels to go..

Rhaknar

If I do take another to 100 via invasions (which would be the druid at this point), it will be the last one. Ill get the Rogue to 60 and stop because I want to have a 60 for the next expansiom boost. Silly perhaps, but in all honesty I wouldnt play the Rogue in Legion anyway, pretty much every other class except perhaps monk would be ahead of it.

Concept17

It's hilarious that you'd call belfs edgy in the same sentence post where you mentioned undead.

Hilariously stupid.

Undead are the edgiest race in the game.

And my only wod 100's were undead.

Nooooo they're all slouched over and limpy. The hair-do's and chest-out stance of male belfs is edgey. As well as the female's "I don't care, whatever." stance.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I think I'll stop with my monk. I might even go do some questing when I hit 80 in MoP as invasions while full of XP take far longer for me without the holy buff.

I just leveled a Tauren Shaman through Mulgore, didn't know if I want to run a third toon to 100 through invasions, and then I went to the Northern Barrens invasion, gained 5 levels and nearly 100 gold.

It's a hell of a lot easier doing the boss encounters as a lowbie Ele Shaman versus playing through as a Monk or Warrior. Flame Shock being insta-cast on Ele makes tagging so many things so easy.

Nooooo they're all slouched over and limpy. The hair-do's and chest-out stance of male belfs is edgey. As well as the female's "I don't care, whatever." stance.

Your "I don't care" head tilt looks like a cat or dog confused head tilt to me.

kirblar

Hey, just caught something when buying Omega Ruby on Jet.com (for $25) that might be of use to some of you NA folks. Was thinking of picking up Legion and resubbing, but decided I didn't have the time right now. However, while I was thinking about rejoining the Boomkin army, I found their website has 60-day cards, and you can actually get them cheaper than the Blizzard 6-month 12.99 bulk rate. (at least, if you're a new user.)

They have two promos right now for new users, BACKTOSCHOOL and TRIPLE15 The BACKTOSCHOOL one is $10 off next 3 orders, min. 35 each (exp 10/1) That's the one I used to get the $25 Pokemon game. If you want to buy 2 cards at a time, use that code.

The TRIPLE15 one is 15% off next 3 orders, w/ a $30 max discount per order. (it becomes the better if once you're spending $70 or more.) It's the one you'd want to use for $70+ orders, so in this case, 3 or more cards. (this also works on video game hardware, so this might be a good way to get a 2ds or 3ds)

In addition, they have free shipping, a bulk discount, a discount for paying with a debit card, and a discount for no free return shipping. (I don't think these types of cards are returnable anyway, so that ones a freebie.) They also don't charge tax for a lot of places. All these micro-discounts add up.

If you buy 2 60-day cards it comes out to 54.92 pre-discount. After the $10 off it's 44.92, coming out to $11.23/mo.

If you buy 6 60-day cards it comes out to 158.88 pre-discount. After the 15% off it should be 135.05, which comes out to 11.25/month.

Not affiliated with their website or anything, just a guy who spent way too much time trying to min/max this shit and then decided not to bother.

Robin64

Man, logging out during phase 3 and coming back to a phase 1 is super awesome, especially as a warlock where I can make sure Corruption is just sitting on everything. This is legit.

M.D

I was going to fill out a form yesterday to join a guild on Silvermoon and boost a character and possibly move one there, but I was too tired and now I'm unsure again.

Also, I died to a bunch of horde again doing invasions and logged on my druid to kill every horde scum that crossed my path, but I didn't find it in me to kill low levels and ended up only finishing one level 100 druid that was almost dead.

Zelias

Banned
I just leveled a Tauren Shaman through Mulgore, didn't know if I want to run a third toon to 100 through invasions, and then I went to the Northern Barrens invasion, gained 5 levels and nearly 100 gold.

It's a hell of a lot easier doing the boss encounters as a lowbie Ele Shaman versus playing through as a Monk or Warrior. Flame Shock being insta-cast on Ele makes tagging so many things so easy.
Of the four alts I'm levelling through invasions, one is an Ele Shaman and two more are an Arms Warrior and WW Monk. Ele Shaman definitely has it easiest, especially since it can outrange some of the egregious instakill mechanics some bosses have.

Shahadan

Kharanos is a greta place for max exp :lol:

I'm just standing on the stairs at the entrance of the inn and from there I can tag everything and get rested xp for each mob

Man, logging out during phase 3 and coming back to a phase 1 is super awesome, especially as a warlock where I can make sure Corruption is just sitting on everything. This is legit.

It's 2 in the morning here and I really wish I hadn't read that. Just ran my Shaman up several ten levels re-logging into the Northern Barrens invasion.

Of the four alts I'm levelling through invasions, one is an Ele Shaman and two more are an Arms Warrior and WW Monk. Ele Shaman definitely has it easiest, especially since it can outrange some of the egregious instakill mechanics some bosses have.

It's simply night and day. If I'm remotely close to an AoE's perimeter, Spirit Wolf quickly fixes that. Haven't died to an AoE yet.

Top Bottom