• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Hey, just caught something when buying Omega Ruby on Jet.com (for $25) that might be of use to some of you NA folks. Was thinking of picking up Legion and resubbing, but decided I didn't have the time right now. However, while I was thinking about rejoining the Boomkin army, I found their website has 60-day cards, and you can actually get them cheaper than the Blizzard 6-month 12.99 bulk rate. (at least, if you're a new user.)

They have two promos right now for new users, BACKTOSCHOOL and TRIPLE15 The BACKTOSCHOOL one is $10 off next 3 orders, min. 35 each (exp 10/1) That's the one I used to get the $25 Pokemon game. If you want to buy 2 cards at a time, use that code.

The TRIPLE15 one is 15% off next 3 orders, w/ a $30 max discount per order. (it becomes the better if once you're spending $70 or more.) It's the one you'd want to use for $70+ orders, so in this case, 3 or more cards. (this also works on video game hardware, so this might be a good way to get a 2ds or 3ds)

In addition, they have free shipping, a bulk discount, a discount for paying with a debit card, and a discount for no free return shipping. (I don't think these types of cards are returnable anyway, so that ones a freebie.) They also don't charge tax for a lot of places. All these micro-discounts add up.

If you buy 2 60-day cards it comes out to 54.92 pre-discount. After the $10 off it's 44.92, coming out to $11.23/mo.

If you buy 6 60-day cards it comes out to 158.88 pre-discount. After the 15% off it should be 135.05, which comes out to 11.25/month.

Not affiliated with their website or anything, just a guy who spent way too much time trying to min/max this shit and then decided not to bother.
Thanks man. I'll check this out.

I've run into the biggest problem of leveling through invasions. I've been saving chests since I have heirlooms, but this means I'm not selling anything. I couldn't event afford Journeyman Riding. Had to crack open a few to make a quick buck.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Would be cool if PvP was disabled even on PvP servers during Invasions in their respective zones.

Tanking and having horde/alliance nuke you down just for the boss to one hit everyone else is annoying. Don't even make sense you can attack each other there.

Sarek

It's pretty impressive how well the servers have handled all the pressure. At least I haven't seen any lag since the first few days.

Edit: And my rogue is lvl 100! She was only about level 20 last week. Total played time at lvl 100 was 23 hours of which at least 5 hours was from before I started leveling her by grinding the invasions. All classes except DH at lvl 100 now.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I think I've decided to return to my hunter, which was my main since vanilla launch to end of WoTLK.

All this time that I've been going around like 4-5 different classes testing them out, I've been looking for a class/spec that can dish out good damage without long build-up, can adapt to multiple different encounters and is fun to play.

Hunter just seems to never disappoint. The MM spec is simple as hell, sure, but it hasnt bothered me yet. It still has some interesting gameplay. Sure as hell is more fun to play than the clunky specs of Warlock with shitty target swapping.

Still haven't tested out Beast Mastery or Survival, but I've always been a MM guy. How are the other specs comparing?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Token prices in the US are at their lowest point in almost six months (a bit under 36k).

as a token seller (well.. 3.. or 4), yeah. I sold my first one between the announcement of the pre-patch date and the release for 50K.. and they've just plummeted from there. My guess is a huge influx of returning players wanting quick gold (that's me). f2p players have to be loving it. 150K less gold a year.

That profession info is really interest, really thinking of dropping Leatherworking on my main and going back to eng but I'll have to think about it.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Is there a way to get 2 700 rings and trinkets during the invasion or can you only one of each form the vendor thats unique?

i cant check right now to be 100% certain if this applies to the Illidari vendors but if you select from the drop down on the vendor screen you can select the option to see all options. It will then display items your spec/class cant use. You might be able to find a ring or another trinket that might work for you and get around the Unique issue.

I've run into the biggest problem of leveling through invasions. I've been saving chests since I have heirlooms, but this means I'm not selling anything. I couldn't event afford Journeyman Riding. Had to crack open a few to make a quick buck.
Ran into this same problem. Charging into battle with only ground 60% at 62 sucks lol

carlsojo

Would be cool if PvP was disabled even on PvP servers during Invasions in their respective zones.

Tanking and having horde/alliance nuke you down just for the boss to one hit everyone else is annoying. Don't even make sense you can attack each other there.

The fact that they put invasions in two of the most classically heavy world pvp zones (hillsbrad and crossroads) makes me think they intended pvp to happen during the events. (As frustrating as I'm sure it is at times)

Anyone able to teleport my horde paladin to the Pandaria capital?

Yes if you're US and still need it?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Is there any point to messing with Garrisons at all now? i missed out of the gold cap making possibilities of Garrisons because 1) i couldnt be fucked to do Garrisons like that and 2) i would have had to do dungeons to upgrade my Inn to get the Treasure Hunter missions. Looking at the mission tables now theres nothing but XP and item upgrades (and the sell price on those seems to be heavily nerfed.. from a couple gold to copper iirc).

Am i right in my assessment that Garrisons are now only for rare missions that give Elixirs/pets and salvage crates?

Trickster

How does the xp reward scale from invasion? Because I've had some times where those demon generals give me 50k xp, but most of the it was around 27k ( and it's not because of rested xp ).

I've started getting less and less xp per kill on my shaman as I level up? Only reason I can think of for this is that the game rewards you less xp if you're undergeared, since I've been using my heirlooms that cap out at lvl 90

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
How does the xp reward scale from invasion? Because I've had some times where those demon generals give me 50k xp, but most of the it was around 27k ( and it's not because of rested xp ).

I've started getting less and less xp per kill on my shaman as I level up? Only reason I can think of for this is that the game rewards you less xp if you're undergeared, since I've been using my heirlooms that cap out at lvl 90

The xp boost stops once you level past your heirlooms iirc.

Entropia

No One Remembers

The xp boost stops once you level past your heirlooms iirc.

Yes, Heirlooms only grant XP up to ta certainl level. However, I did notice while I was leveling my Shaman I went from 80k to like 40k to like 25k as I went up. Though I think it had rested XP for the 80k part lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sölf;214434954 said:
Nope, you only get a box for the first clear. Same as EXP. After a reset EXP only come from enemies.
Cheers
i cant check right now to be 100% certain if this applies to the Illidari vendors but if you select from the drop down on the vendor screen you can select the option to see all options. It will then display items your spec/class cant use. You might be able to find a ring or another trinket that might work for you and get around the Unique issue.
Will try that later. Thanks for the tip.
The fact that they put invasions in two of the most classically heavy world pvp zones (hillsbrad and crossroads) makes me think they intended pvp to happen during the events. (As frustrating as I'm sure it is at times)

To me it makes no sense to fight each other when we are cooperating to defeat a common stronger invading enemy.

Aeana

I find myself progressing to the last stage of invasions and relogging and getting the enemy exp from phases 1-3 again... it's easier than traveling all over. Main downside is that I'm going to have fewer chests to open at 100, but I'll live. I've put enough characters through the invasion grinder at this point.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I find myself progressing to the last stage of invasions and relogging and getting the enemy exp from phases 1-3 again... it's easier than traveling all over. Main downside is that I'm going to have fewer chests to open at 100, but I'll live. I've put enough characters through the invasion grinder at this point.

Just over a week from now the fewer chests wont mean anything.

I'd do that but I want the chests.

Especially since after opening all of them once my druid hit 100 I got everything except shoulders, so now I have to afk some invasions for shoulders.

tbh I only do invasions on kalimdor because I'm too lazy to travel, even on my mage who has teleports.

Apathy

I was thinking about the new kara and realized that they missed a great opportunity to give us the upside down kara. Makes me sad we'll never see that

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'd do that but I want the chests.

Especially since after opening all of them once my druid hit 100 I got everything except shoulders, so now I have to afk some invasions for shoulders.

tbh I only do invasions on kalimdor because I'm too lazy to travel, even on my mage who has teleports.

Traveling between the lands suck big time but 3 invasions in 2 hours make you able to fly and complete them with 30-60 minutes left easy. Just put on netflix or do something else ;)

I wish there was a sword (1h) or axe (1h) who looked like this
547752-fist-of-the-deity-dual-fist-of-deity-on-night-elf-rogue.jpg

It would complete my mog :|

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Got my mage to 100 earlier this morning (1:30 AM) but was too tired to post. Now to decide whether to go through this nonsense again with my level 10 warrior.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Got my mage to 100 earlier this morning (1:30 AM) but was too tired to post. Now to decide whether to go through this nonsense again with my level 10 warrior.
Invasion leveling is really boring for me. Worse than going through the leveling content because it's just so repetitive.

Tecnniqe

Banned
As cool as that'd be, it'd make as much sense as a sword that looks like an axe. Now that warglaives are in the game.

Yapp. Its a fist weapon but I really wish you could mog glaives or something into those, as they do look like a kind of glaive.

BTW is there any Horde EU groups doing Mythic dungeon here? Seeing as they have bnet trinket to them which might be nice for Legion leveling and every group in my current list requires 710+ while I'm at 703 right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yapp. Its a fist weapon but I really wish you could mog glaives or something into those, as they do look like a kind of glaive.

BTW is there any Horde EU groups doing Mythic dungeon here? Seeing as they have bnet trinket to them which might be nice for Legion leveling and every group in my current list requires 710+ while I'm at 703 right now.

Demon Hunter Vengeance (tank) artifact glaives look exactly like that by the way. For example:

dh-artifact-basic.png

Azzurri

So i tried Dragon Soul on my ilevel 705 mage and I couldn't beat ultx dragon before the ship, I just couldn't survive his hits and was to slow to out DPS. I had to change it back to normal. I was using Arcane so that could have been the problem, but the dmg was just too much even moving back and forth.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's very boring, but it's massively faster. I'll be glad I took advantage of it once it's gone.
I only had a few last things to push up to 100 that were repeat classes on the opposite faction and things like that. I'm glad more people will be able to try out the various artifact quests for classes they might not have up at 100 otherwise at least.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Invasion leveling is really boring for me. Worse than going through the leveling content because it's just so repetitive.

I had fun with it early on, but when I hit the 90's I was more upset than not due to random one shots and losing out on kill xp.

It's very boring, but it's massively faster. I'll be glad I took advantage of it once it's gone.

So true. Guess I'll go ahead and do it on my warrior.

Top Bottom