• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

erawsd

Based on what we have seen or if you have played the beta like I did, your feelings and prediction where do you think Legion will fall when ranking the expansions, after it is over not only at launch? I think blizzard got their shit together and will deliver a really good expansion, not as good as tbc and wrath but better than the rest. What do you think?

Its still way too early to say, since post launch support is what makes or breaks an expansion. Personally, I think MoP is actually the high watermark of WoW expansions but strictly comparing launch content I think Legion has a stronger offering.

M.D

Alliance Shaman races are really bumming me out.
I don't want another Dranei or Panda and I can't bring myself to playing a short character.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Alliance Shaman races are really bumming me out.
I don't want another Dranei or Panda and I can't bring myself to playing a short character.
Dwarves have some of the best animations in the game. Such glorious beard physics. Their totems look really cool, too. Besides, Gnomes are shorter.

Stormheim is more akin to Howling Fjord with Vrykul stuff TBH.

Its still way too early to say, since post launch support is what makes or breaks an expansion. Personally, I think MoP is actually the high watermark of WoW expansions but strictly comparing launch content I think Legion has a stronger offering.

Yeah in terms of launch content, or rather pre-X.1 content (since raids/mythic+ won't be active for a few weeks), Legion is definitely looking like the strongest expansion to date. At least since Wrath. Cata/Mists/WoD pale in comparison to just the stuff I've tested on beta. Mists less so than the other two, but still.

Apathy

got to 100, instantly 701 ilvel, got a few 710 and 720 items plus just enough fel to get a weapon up to max. just crazy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

MoP is my favorite expansion. As a casual you felt you could still play at your pace and still progress your characters. LFR as mind numbing as it was, it still had a semblance of fight mechanics (Garalon for example still wrecked pugs at first), something I imediatly noticed was even more dumbed down in the first WOD LFR, where you literally had no tactics. You could also get your weak ass tier but it was still tier, you still had cool bonuses and could still look cool, removing tier in wod LFR was a huge kick in the balls for casuals imo.

The raids themselves also felt goof "for realsies" as far as I could tell, I actually raided 10m with a healing monk in the first tier (mogu shan, bug place and terrace) for a bit and it seemed good. Expansion was also alt friendly as shit. Just overall a great expansion imo. I said it before, raider Rhak holds TBC in his heart as the best but current casual Rhak prefers MoP.

Legion seems to be hitting all the right notes for curreny Rhak, from returning tiwr to LFR to lots more single player content in Surumar and world quests, to lots more 5man content that I dont need a guild for, I just need the few friends I have left in the game. Hopefully its as good as it sounds.

Expansion was also alt friendly as shit.

5.0 dailies say otherwise. I wasn't even playing alts at that point and they burned me out of the game until 5.4, shortly before 5.1 dropped.

In later patches sure I guess, though the cloak being mandatory wasn't alt friendly, just like the ring. Though the ring was probably worse to play catch up on.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I STILL don't know if I want to stick with my Prot Pally, go Warrior, or Frost DK... I refuse to play Unholy because I don't like "evil" classes.

Sölf

I am honestl somewhat considering playing the shadowpriest in Legion. But I just leveled him. No reputation, no skills above 1, no nothing. And my DK is basically me. Since Wrath. D:

SolVanderlyn

Since DKs were raised into undeath against their will, and lore-wise have been shown to be genuine good people at times, playing Frost feels like they're tapping into the least corrupted part of their powers. It also feels like a spellsword class, which is super cool

Sölf

I can't believe after all the hotfixes over the last few days, this is where they ended up experience-wise. I mean, it's amazing, but surprising.

Well, you get the most out of it if you actually do stuff. Yes, in P1 you can basically DoT or tap stuff and that's it. But boss hunting in P3 is just great. Even after leveling one character from 10-100 like this I am actually considering leveling another one.

Pendas

Banned
I can't believe after all the hotfixes over the last few days, this is where they ended up experience-wise. I mean, it's amazing, but surprising.

Take advantage while you can. Who knows what kind of hotfix will come or how the frequency increase will change things on August 23rd.

I STILL don't know if I want to stick with my Prot Pally, go Warrior, or Frost DK... I refuse to play Unholy because I don't like "evil" classes.

Warrior or Frost DK. Prot Paladin is in a really weird spot... it's having a resource identity crisis and defaulting to charges on a lot of abilities. Feels very clunky.

On the other hand Prot Warrior is a blast to play, crazy mobility and "Ignore Pain" is nuts. Frost DK has very fluid rotation, (though some will argue it's very "whak-a-mole") but I like it.

Sölf;214384116 said:
Well, you get the most out of it if you actually do stuff. Yes, in P1 you can basically DoT or tap stuff and that's it. But boss hunting in P3 is just great. Even after leveling one character from 10-100 like this I am actually considering leveling another one.

I'm at less than 15 minutes a level at 94 by just repeating stage 1 & 2 in Westfall. Even on a PVP server, since it's a low area and I'm not flagged I can't get ganked by repeating these stages.

Chris R

So, do the invasions continue to spawn after I helped clear them out in specific zones? I got my mage from 90 to 93.5 after doing three of them, but it looks like I need to be 98 to get the quest that starts the quest chain related to the invasions???

I'd prefer to get 98 from these things instead of going back and starting WoD with this character (and others I have around the 90ish level).

Trickster

Perhaps all the bots come out to play :D

Who knows, relogging fixed it and it's the only time so far.

On another note, holy shit the changes to xp in the invasions are fucking nutso. Pretty much feel compelled to max all the alts i have on my server now

edit - Horde at gadgetzan can go eat a bag of fat dicks. That place is always so heavily favoured for hordes in terms of playercount. Litterally getting hit with shit the moment I spawn

Zelias

Banned
So, do the invasions continue to spawn after I helped clear them out in specific zones? I got my mage from 90 to 93.5 after doing three of them, but it looks like I need to be 98 to get the quest that starts the quest chain related to the invasions???

I'd prefer to get 98 from these things instead of going back and starting WoD with this character (and others I have around the 90ish level).
Yes. A new set of three invasions in random zones will spawn every two hours currently.

Jag

Token prices in the US are at their lowest point in almost six months (a bit under 36k).

I noticed that too and bought some as a hedge against them rising again. Unless they change something, I'm never paying for this game again

ampere

I'm surprised too. I tend to assume the devs just made a few bad calls earlier in the event, but some folks were super hard on the "blizz forcing us to buy boosts!" train lol

Strimei

Kind of a pity I have no other alts I need to level to make use of this experience stuff. I've got all the classes at cap that I want now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Grizzly Hills can't be 'overhyped' when Nagrand exists

there's nothing more overrated than Nagrand. Zones, raids, quests, whatever

SolVanderlyn

I'm not a huge fan of Nagrand either. That and GH are too "vanilla" for my tastes. Ironically, I love Hillsbrad, which is just a regular ass regular zone. Maybe it's the lore behind it.

I made a thread voicing my opinion on the official forums and got downvoted to oblivion, so I guess GH fans are still at an all-time high.

80AUW73.jpg

Strimei

Man, I am so happy you can skip Flame Leviathan (and the other outdoor bosses) in Ulduar now. I need nothing from them and Flame Leviathan was always a bit annoying to fight.

th3dude

I always think about doing this, and even came close to moving over to Silvermoon since I've met someone who I really like to play with on that server, but finding a new guild and getting to new people is a real bummer to me. Maybe it has to do with my personality but meeting new people and getting comfortable with everyone is making me back off of this idea.

Yea. Totally get it. I jumped over to Area 52 because of the large Horde population figuring I'd be bound to find a guild. I jumped into the Reddit Area52 guild for now. Seems kind of active and some good chat.

(BTW, if you are in a large, active, social Area52 US Horde guild, PLEASE let me know!)

SolVanderlyn

My chars are scattered EVERYWHERE due to friends constantly switching servers, I hate it. My only stable guild is on Thunderlord, and only my Hunter and Paladin are on that server. My Warrior, Priest and DK are stuck on Eonar, my Shaman is stuck on Kil'jaedan, and my Mage is on Bleeding Hollow, where my (only remaining - in WoW, I mean) real life friend is now.

carlsojo

My chars are scattered EVERYWHERE due to friends constantly switching servers, I hate it. My only stable guild is on Thunderlord, and only my Hunter and Paladin are on that server. My Warrior, Priest and DK are stuck on Eonar, my Shaman is stuck on Kil'jaedan, and my Mage is on Bleeding Hollow, where my (only remaining - in WoW, I mean) real life friend is now.

I feel your pain.

I'm on:
Bleeding Hollow (Priest, Warlock)
Zul'jinn (Monk, Mage, Warr, DH)
Lightbringer (Druid, Hunter, DK)
Wyrmrest Accord (Shaman 2)
Blackrock (Rogue, Shaman 1)
Moon Guard (Paladin)

Server transfer sale plz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
5.0 dailies say otherwise. I wasn't even playing alts at that point and they burned me out of the game until 5.4, shortly before 5.1 dropped.

In later patches sure I guess, though the cloak being mandatory wasn't alt friendly, just like the ring. Though the ring was probably worse to play catch up on.

Ah fair enough. I took a break after taiding for real again butned me out (as expected) and came back around the time Siege was out and ToT LFR was giving extra loot

biaxident

Watched that profession video that someone linked a few pages back, very useful stuff. Engineering can customize jeeves equivalent to fight, mazz rez, become a feast, or a repair bot, awesome stuff. I'm really liking the direction they are going for sure, I wonder if they'll add a rank 4 to professions in a later patch though.

Xeteh

"Honorless Target" has to be the most useless thing in the game. People don't give a shit about that, never have. I'm sure the 100s ganking my level 50 alt repeatedly are farming the honor.

Rhaknar

Watched that profession video that someone linked a few pages back, very useful stuff. Engineering can customize jeeves equivalent to fight, mazz rez, become a feast, or a repair bot, awesome stuff. I'm really liking the direction they are going for sure, I wonder if they'll add a rank 4 to professions in a later patch though.

Linky? Cant find it

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"Honorless Target" has to be the most useless thing in the game. People don't give a shit about that, never have. I'm sure the 100s ganking my level 50 alt repeatedly are farming the honor.
Honor does not even exist in the game right now before 110.

Rhaknar

I'm paid up till feb, I dont think i need more, plus i dont feel like dipping to under 1 mil before the expansion.

...I hate you.

Buy me one of them yeti mounts :(

And then somehow give it to me across us/eu and horde/ally...fuck.

Edit: for the record thats a joke, im not actually asking for a yeti mount. Just to make it clear before it looks like I was serious lol.

SolVanderlyn

I need to level up my profs but I'm addicted to the sweet, sweet allure of invasion XP

Top Bottom