• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

I wonder if I should buy a couple of heirloom upgrades to make my Monk invasion leveling even faster. I only one upgraded heirloom (and the 50% monk bonus)

Pendas

Banned
Horde really has the best cities. All of them are unique is some way.

Thunderbluff is great when you can fly,. Undercity is great when you can't. Ogrimmar got butchered during Cataclysm and since then became the worst city to navigate in all of Azeroth. (Especially on the ground)

Ironforge is the best city in the game.

^ Truth. Easy to Navigate, easy to fly, easy to ground, and open enough that it doesn't feel congested. Ironforge 4 life.

The re-logging trick at phase 3 during an invasion does net you some fantastic experience but it's boring as fuck. After power-leveling my Monk from 1-100, it's not something I actively want to do even though I took my Shaman from 13 to 40 in under 2 hours. I might try and level my Shaman more regularly in invasions when they increase in frequency again but I think I would rather just play my Monk through Draenor while waiting for Legion.

I don't even have all of the caster transmogs from Invasions yet, dunno if I want to grind them out either. Kinda wish you could just buy all weapons for shards from the vendor like you can the armor sets.

Tacitus_

Thunderbluff is great when you can fly,. Undercity is great when you can't. Ogrimmar got butchered during Cataclysm and since then became the worst city to navigate in all of Azeroth. (Especially on the ground)

Eh, Org isn't that bad, outside of figuring where you end up after exiting the portal area.

Nere

You are exaggerating big time Orgrimmar isn't bad at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck this tarren mill graveyard for alliance :(

The current Orgrimmar is always going to be my favourite ciy as a Horde player, even if it isn't the most convenient or well laid out. When I started playing WoW, the first toon I created was an Orc Warrior and seeing the gates of Orgimmar for the first time, with all of the high level players dueling out in front at the blockade and this music starts up on your approach, it was a pretty epic sight to behold.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I love the current Org but I just wish that they'd darken it up during the night, SW gets pretty dark but Org pretty much looks the same. If you want to see how awesome Org can look, fly really high right outside the limits of Org when you're techincally still in Duratar and have Duratar's lighting/skybox.

I've been bitching about this since Cata but I doubt they'll ever change it.

strafer

I love the current Org but I just wish that they'd darken it up during the night, SW gets pretty dark but Org pretty much looks the same. If you want to see how awesome Org can look, fly really high right outside the limits of Org when you're techincally still in Duratar and have Duratar's lighting/skybox.

I've been bitching about this since Cata but I doubt they'll ever change it.

they did change it

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
http://xelnath.com/2016/08/21/post-mortem-x-warlocks-in-pandaria-part-1/

I don't understand what exactly does Xelnath want to do but I do hope the truth behind the fallout sees the light of the day.

That's a really cryptic post.

The timing is interesting, given the increasingly loud dissatisfaction of the Warlock community at large going into Legion. I can't say I'm in love with Xelnath's super-serious pretentiousness, but he did good work and it's not hard to see why folks who are unhappy with the current state of the class are looking towards the one dude they know understood how to design it well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
they did change it

What'd they do? Cause I was doing Dreadlords a lot last night and it was still bright ass hell in Org.
I'm so used to Orgrimmar that navigating it isn't an issue for me. I actually find Stormwind more confusing hah.

I honestly have no idea if Org is confusing since I know where everything is like the back of my hand. Maybe it is for a new player, I dunno.

Pendas

Banned
You are exaggerating big time Orgrimmar isn't bad at all.

It's disjointed. Every other city in the game has a specific layout. Undercity / Ironforge are Spherical. Stormwind is Square shaped with connecting square districts. Thunder Bluff has one big island that connects outward to similar smaller islands. Darnassus is wide open but small enough you can tell where you are just by looking around.

Ogrimmar is a mess. It has no shape (Spiral? maybe) and is split into three floors with Elevators that are hard to find and don't visually stand out. It's also the only city with multiple areas that overlap.

Big thanks to Milennia for letting me tag along in a Heroic Archimonde carry so now I have my Grove Warden. This is the first time I've had one of the raid mounts that gets removed so this is great for me. And a successful last few days as I got my second of the three Tanaan rare drop mounts from those four rare spawns in the zone and also got my Shipyard mount mission and got through that with 98% success.

pUwv7Wsl.jpg

Ark

Finally got exalted with the Netherwing today. What a fucking grind that was.

Now to start levelling some alts through invasions.

Lomax

But

Past expansions EU has launched before US, not the other way around

yeah I was confused... its supposed to be midnight in EU what the fuck?

They've said repeatedly it will be the same as before, and EU will be before the US launch. So I'm sure that means "late afternoon pst the day before." What surprises me is it sounds like it won't be midnight server time in the US, which is what I was used to from the Wrath and Cata launches. Unless that isn't true either. That's why using twitter as a way to disseminate news is stupid.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I think it's poorly worded, and he means 'late afternoon' - midnight EU time is 3pm Pacific time I believe. So should still be the same as previous expansions.

The tweet says "later", not "late", that's why I was confused. Later, as in later than the US launch time.

FeD.nL

Why do all these Shaman specs have to feel so good.. Prolly still gonna stick with druid as my healer, but not sure now.

Zelias

Banned
You chumps and your invasions, I'm saving Frostfire Ridge from Ogres and the Thunderlords.
Been there, done that.

Priest and Shaman are both 90 now. Monk is 87. Warrior is 80. They could nerf this to the ground tomorrow and I'd still have got a lot out of these invasions.

Apathy

Just have my warlock at 71 and a dk at 66 on my main server right now left

The dk might get to 100, I really don't think the lock will, as I just dont find it fun at all

Xelnath

Neo Member
Pretentious? Yeah, maybe. If that's the case, I really shouldn't write it.

If I decide to do this, it's going to be pretty self-critical. A lot of people have created this illusion of the person I was, rather than the reality of the human being who made the class revamp, alongside a lot of other talented people.

I'm not sure if that's a story that will help bring them to ground or just increase the drama. Frankly, this wasn't something I did alone, but a lot of people were there and their voices matter too.

Xelnath

Neo Member
I keep getting linked to threads like this one.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748505218?page=1

Anyone who has worked on a title knows - that's not how it goes - there's no single person who makes a class great. There's no mystical conspiracy here. However - will that message even reach them or will they be happier with their pitchforks left alone?

I should I even feel a sense of responsibility to respond to this? It was three years ago I stopped working on locks.

Lanrutcon

I keep getting linked to threads like this one.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748505218?page=1

Anyone who has worked on a title knows - that's not how it goes - there's no single person who makes a class great. There's no mystical conspiracy here. However - will that message even reach them or will they be happier with their pitchforks left alone?

I should I even feel a sense of responsibility to respond to this? It was three years ago I stopped working on locks.

You're _the_ Xelnath?

Top Bottom