• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Aeana

heh.. this is actually what I was considering.. spending the 2 days to get to 60 first. but not beyond that.

With heirlooms, it's honestly faster than 2 days. I did 1-60 shaman yesterday and 23-60 paladin today and neither took all day or anything.

iirate

I'm still having a super difficult time deciding on which healer to main. Mistweaver is sooo fun, but I don't like meleeing and I know that to be 100% effective I'm gonna need to be in there using blackout kick and rising sun kick to restore some mana and reset thunder focus tea. (._. )

Same as any other class. Press N and go to the talents tab. You can change them whenever you're in a rested area.

I think mistweaver would be my main, but as much as I love ww, I really prefer playing casters in groups/raids when I have to. Because of this, I'm going back to shaman in Legion, but my monk will probably still get a lot of playtime once the post-launch calms down.

As for the other healers, I really like holy/disc, but am less keen on shadow or the priest's general utility. I've always loved resto druid, but I'm not a fan of balance. Holy paladin feels really boring, although I've never been much of a fan of the spec.

Magnus

I'm having an identity crisis on what I want to main. Since the end of vanilla it's always been priest. I love the class fantasy, the ability to heal and dps potently (that's a big part of why I'd hang onto this main instead of a pure damage dealer), and the holy/shadow 'elements'.

But for raw fun, I just dig Mage so much more.

Fuck. What do.

I'm still having a super difficult time deciding on which healer to main. Mistweaver is sooo fun, but I don't like meleeing and I know that to be 100% effective I'm gonna need to be in there using blackout kick and rising sun kick to restore some mana and reset thunder focus tea. (._. )

Same as any other class. Press N and go to the talents tab. You can change them whenever you're in a rested area.

Ah, thanks. Didn't know you could do that :p

ampere

DLed that addon that lets me see where to get all the appearances I'm missing. RIP me.

another one addicted! lol

I've only taken a break from that to work on invasion xmog weapons... which is really the same thing anyway

You don't *have* to take those talents. Even if they're better (I don't know atm), it's probably not going to be gamebreaking

Aeana

another one addicted! lol

I've only taken a break from that to work on invasion xmog weapons... which is really the same thing anyway

You don't *have* to take those talents. Even if they're better (I don't know atm), it's probably not going to be gamebreaking

I haven't played a lot of mw monk in 7.0.3, but lots of them have been complaining about being mana-starved. Considering what those talents do, it seems like it would help quite a bit. More frequent thunder focus tea via rising thunder can give you free vivify, and spirit of the crane of course is a flat mana regen. But I would have to test it to see just how much of a help it is.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm having an identity crisis on what I want to main. Since the end of vanilla it's always been priest. I love the class fantasy, the ability to heal and dps potently (that's a big part of why I'd hang onto this main instead of a pure damage dealer), and the holy/shadow 'elements'.

But for raw fun, I just dig Mage so much more.

Fuck. What do.
This is me, but replace Priest with Paladin and Mage with Warrior.

I'm going Warrior. Embrace the fun.

Negator

Spent a significant part of the day messing around with Elvui and Weakauras. My UI needed a massive overhaul and I figured I'd get it out of the way now.

ampere

I haven't played a lot of mw monk in 7.0.3, but lots of them have been complaining about being mana-starved. Considering what those talents do, it seems like it would help quite a bit. More frequent thunder focus tea via rising thunder can give you free vivify, and spirit of the crane of course is a flat mana regen. But I would have to test it to see just how much of a help it is.

Bolded, true, but if you're mana starved maybe using Effuse more is the answer

The last part you mention, well doesn't RSK have a (small) mana cost that isn't quite offset by that talent?

edit: well, it looks like that mana return talent changed since I last read it. It may very well be a mana gain

Spent a significant part of the day messing around with Elvui and Weakauras. My UI needed a massive overhaul and I figured I'd get it out of the way now.

If you use Weakauras, which people should because it's great, backup your WTF folder semi-frequently

It really sucks if you put a lot of time into them and lose em without a backup

Tenebrous

Fancy comparing? My Warrior is in a state I'd consider done right now.

If you use Weakauras, which people should because it's great, backup your WTF folder semi-frequently

It really sucks if you put a lot of time into them and lose em without a backup

After spending 10-15 minutes with WA, I export the string and save it in a text document - That should work fine, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do we know how many invasions and how often they will happen in the last week?

Aka this coming tuesday.

Every hour and all 4 up I assume? So basically permanent if you are trying to do all 4?

Magnus

Is there any way to enlarge mana/resource indicators in SUF? Like mana/insanity for priest, or combo points/chi for rogues or monks? I don't understand why it defaults to these thin, teeny-ass bars that I can barely see. Even if it's a bit uglier, I prefer easy-to-read indicators for resources so I can quickly see at a glance what I'm working with.

Is there any way to enlarge mana/resource indicators in SUF? Like mana/insanity for priest, or combo points/chi for rogues or monks? I don't understand why it defaults to these thin, teeny-ass bars that I can barely see. Even if it's a bit uglier, I prefer easy-to-read indicators for resources so I can quickly see at a glance what I'm working with.

Yeah there's options for that. Should be under widget size.

Tenebrous

I wouldn't call mine quite done, I'd have to play around a bit more with it to find what I like and don't like.

I like the visibility on RTB. Looks perfectly playable for a Rogue.

Here's my mess.

1UGeskW.jpg

4vpzCnl.jpg

I have Revenge & Shield Slam glowing while off CD so I can maximize their usage. Shield Block also glows (and bounces) when it has 2 charges. Ultimatum & Dragon Scales both bounce (Ultimatum makes a sound) so I don't miss the free FR/strong IP. Active CDs on the right (I need to make the duration bigger), and everything underneath the rage bar goes desaturated when unusable.

Legendary ring is tracked by ERT. On use trinkets will go above Wall/Last Stand.

Might make Intercept glow when it has 2 charges, as intercepting a friendly target is almost never a bad idea as 20 rage is 20 rage.

vocab

Man, I just do not like Shadow Priest (STM aside) Their Aoe is so boring holy shittttttttttttt. . At this point I have nothing to play in legion. I like new disc, but got damn I do not want to raid on an unproven spec.

grimmiq

Trying to read up on a few things for Legion, seen a few people mention that you should level with whatever spec you intend to play endgame content with because of Artifact weapons, any truth to this or exaggerated?

biaxident

Man, I just do not like Shadow Priest (STM aside) Their Aoe is so boring holy shittttttttttttt. . At this point I have nothing to play in legion. I like new disc, but got damn I do not want to raid on an unproven spec.

I love me some shadow priest nowadays, but yea the aoe isn't great. I just love the mini game of maximizing every single voidform. I'm assuming you'll spec shadow crash on trash and switch back to mindbender for bosses once we have the tome of whatever for talent swapping. It seems like disc will most likely get a bad rep so wouldn't it be cool to be one of the good ones? Prove to guildies it's legit.

Tenebrous

Trying to read up on a few things for Legion, seen a few people mention that you should level with whatever spec you intend to play endgame content with because of Artifact weapons, any truth to this or exaggerated?

Bit of both. If you level as a spec different to the first artifact you pick, then you'll be unable to get the artifact for your desired spec until level 102. You can save the artifact power tokens (they go in your backpack) and use them at any level, so your main artifact will still get 100% of the power either way.

It's just a little bit more convenient to be able to just use them straight away. Plus, leveling as a healer or tank is pretty much indifferent to leveling as a DPS from a time-spent perspective. Hell, leveling as a tank is probably marginally faster.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fake. Level whatever you want. If you are a healer it'd be more beneficial to level as a DPS or Tank class because the speed would increase.

grimmiq

Bit of both. If you level as a spec different to the first artifact you pick, then you'll be unable to get the artifact for your desired spec until level 102. You can save the artifact power tokens (they go in your backpack) and use them at any level, so your main artifact will still get 100% of the power either way.

It's just a little bit more convenient to be able to just use them straight away. Plus, leveling as a healer or tank is pretty much indifferent to leveling as a DPS from a time-spent perspective. Hell, leveling as a tank is probably marginally faster.

Ahh ok, was thinking for my druid, I tend to prefer levelling as feral then switching to balance closer to level cap.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Damnit @*&%# *@&%#&^%$#!!! and a stupid #@*&%^*&%!!!

I started my account again, and it's fun...

Bye bye sleep ;P

EDIT: Have not played for years, since first 2 months of Panda... so LOTs of new stuff..heh

Xeteh

<20 hours /played with just heirlooms to go from 1-100 with Invasions. I -probably could have done better but it was still pretty fast.

Well, I know this doesn't totally solve your predicament but you could use Transcendence and Transfer to get in, do some melee to restore some mana and out of the melee scrum quickly. You've got a couple of movement options to allow you to get in and out quickly, depending on talents. I love that new Mistwalk talent that lets you dash to and heal a specific target.

I just want you to go Mistweaver in Legion so I have amp's posts to read about being a Brewmaster and yours about being a Mistweaver.

Zelias

Banned
<20 hours /played with just heirlooms to go from 1-100 with Invasions. I -probably could have done better but it was still pretty fast.
Think some guy on reddit managed it in 11 hours, heh. Not sure if he used pots or whatever though.

Peachpies

You don't need to use Rising Thunder or Spirit of the Crane to be effective, most of the time you will actually do more healing with other talents.

I love Frostfire Ridge and its questline, especially Ga'nar and his arc. As much as WoD's narrative is a Frankensteined gongshow where things have been obviously cut or don't connect well together, the end cinematic of the battle of Thunder Pass is one of my favourite narrative beats in WoD and probably the game based off of what I have played through so far. I still need to play through Cata and MoP's PVE properly but I still think Ga.nar screaming "Lok'trar" as Drak'thar finally brings that canyon wall crashing down is always going to be one of my favourite moments in the game.

On to Gorgrond, which at least starts off right, with an explosion and a goblin.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I couldnt do more than 1 character via invasions tbh, im only 85 on the druid (from starting invasions at 60) and I already cant stand them.

Xeteh

Hah, I've leveled so many characters with the invasions. From the original implementation where the stages gave the most experience, to the buff letting you steamroll through trash to now the experience sharing fix.

Robin64

Once my warlock hits 100, it will be my 7th character there, and the 4th I've levelled via Invasions (from various levels across the spectrum already). That'll do for me, can't be bothered to do any more. Heck, for a break, I took my warlock to Pandaria at 85 and got to 88 there.

Yup, I couldn't do another marathon run of invasions with my Shaman, so I'm just running my Monk through Draenor PVE, earning gold and leveling its professions. If I finish up with Draenor before Legion comes out, I'll start working my way through Pandaria.

Hah, I've leveled so many characters with the invasions. From the original implementation where the stages gave the most experience, to the buff letting you steamroll through trash to now the experience sharing fix.

The original implementation was my favorite for leveling multiple characters. Log one character in, afk, come back with 2 levels then switch to the next character. The most interactive gameplay!

Have to say I'm a little bummed. Some quick story time:

My first real main was a paladin named Panzerpants I played towards the last half of Burning Crusade. During that time I tried hard to gear up for tanking and got through Kara, Gruul's and Mag but wasn't yet geared enough to do the bigger raids after that before Wrath came out. That said I had been working on the chains for Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Naaru. I knew I couldn't complete the latter but the former I kept the chain and still got the character up to level 80 while holding onto the quest. Early Wrath I put the character down and moved on to other servers and mains.

During around a year of downtime my account was hacked and that character was left mostly naked so going back to it seemed a real hassle. But the quest Vials of Eternity remained and I've always remembered that I should go back.

With the Invasions I decided I'd try to power level that nearly naked paladin so I could solo the content. I went from 80 to 82 and then went and did the Tempest Keep part. It wasn't smooth but it was simple enough. Vashj wrecked me in SSC with me getting her down to around 30% health. I recruited strangers in group finder who took me through and killed her. Turned in the quest and nothing. I then read online people say about releasing someone from a cage and more to the chain. But no quest shows.

Turns out that it was towards the end of BC that the quest changed from the old version to the new version when I thought it was at the launch of Wrath that they made that change. I must have grabbed the quest fairly late during BC and had the newer version for eight years or whatever on that character.

This was a big bummer. Sort of fun running through the old stuff and playing the old paladin but definitely wish it had turned out differently. It has gotten me thinking about paying to transfer that paladin over to my "main" server and finishing getting leveling it up so I can use it as another mount run alt. We'll see.

Edit: Out of curiosity I looked a bit more. One thing said it was patch 2.4 that changed the quest number behind the scenes but it seems it was the Wrath pre-patch a month prior to Wrath coming out. Since I was still working on trying to tank in raids as much as possible it makes sense that I probably grabbed it right before Wrath hit. Hmph!

Lain

Managed to get a toy from the doomsayers with my low level warlock, as I saw people fighting one and joined in. It's funny how scaling can work to the advantage of lower level characters, as I ended up tanking the demon like it was nothing, just syphon life-ing away.
This also brings up another thing. Tanaris has some bombs outside, which I started to throw with my low level warlock and I was oneshotting the demons and twoshotting the named in front of the summoned building. It was quite funny, especially since just to kill the normal demons took my 100 mage 2 to 3 bombs.

Top Bottom