• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Gorgrond is such a gongshow, at least it only took three-ish hours to clear. It makes no sense. Laughing Skulls village, found outpost, choose the lumber mill, fighting Botani, helping Botani, finding Botani artifact in a dwarven bunker, oh hey there's the Iron Horde and you've beaten them in one fight, zone done.

It's a beautiful zone though, love southern Gorgrond.

M.D

So, am I misunderstanding something with heirlooms? If you don't upgrade them to the proper level do they just not scale but still give exp bonus, or won't give any exp bonus?

Sarcasm

I never wanted to RaF someone as I do now. For a pixel item too! I don't normally care about this stuff. Anybody know anybody new that wants to?

Doesn't even need to be on same server. US.

Robin64

Had Azshara absolutely belting it down with rain during an invasion, was the greatest thing ever. I could barely see through the amount of rain there was.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Am I missing something or are ret paladins just shit in AOE situations now? I mean, other than Divine Storm(which require 3 Holy powers), we got nothing that can hit more than 2 targets. I'm almost tempted to take the Consecration talent just to have more AOE options.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Am I missing something or are ret paladins just shit in AOE situations now? I mean, other than Divine Storm(which require 3 Holy powers), we got nothing that can hit more than 2 targets. I'm almost tempted to take the Consecration talent just to have more AOE options.

consecration, zeal, but yeah :/

They're basically designed around having Ashbringer now if you want to do any meaningful damage, aoe or otherwise. If we want to do anything worth mentioning before then, we are forced to spec into the multiple aoe talents, which gimps our laughable single target even more.

Ark

Is there a formula for healers in a flexi-raid? We've got three and are looking for a fourth to finish our 20-man team, but I'm unsure if it should be three or four healers.

We have a resto, druid, resto shaman, and a holy priest.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Man, I just do not like Shadow Priest (STM aside) Their Aoe is so boring holy shittttttttttttt. . At this point I have nothing to play in legion. I like new disc, but got damn I do not want to raid on an unproven spec.
Honestly if they made AOE standout, there'd be no reason to bring any other DPS caster on group or raid content. AOE is weak/boring because ST is currently huge.

Zelias

Banned
Gorgrond is such a gongshow, at least it only took three-ish hours to clear. It makes no sense. Laughing Skulls village, found outpost, choose the lumber mill, fighting Botani, helping Botani, finding Botani artifact in a dwarven bunker, oh hey there's the Iron Horde and you've beaten them in one fight, zone done.

It's a beautiful zone though, love southern Gorgrond.
It got massively gutted from Alpha and presumably they didn't have the time to make it coherent. In looks alone though it's one of my favourite zones in Draenor, behind Spires and SMV.

ampere

I think I am completely alone in this p3/p4 of Northern Barrens

I was AFKing p3 and the bar wouldn't move, and there's nobody around fighting the boss lol. Just NPCs and me

I think I am completely alone in this p3/p4 of Northern Barrens

I was AFKing p3 and the bar wouldn't move, and there's nobody around fighting the boss lol. Just NPCs and me

That happened to me on Friday morning in Kharanos. I was AFKing and took a shower and grabbed a cup of coffee -- when I came back it was still in Stage 3. I think it was a combination of it being a weekday morning + the invasion was about to end when I started it.

M.D

They won't give exp bonus after you reach the heirloom max level (60, 90, 100).

I thought I was getting less exp from mobs in phase 1 but guess not

Also, I was totally going to level up another character after I'm done with my Monk but these invasions are killing me.. I'm level 86 and I don't know that I can do this any longer after I'm done with it. I don't think I can touch my DK right now after doing countless invasions with him as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It wasn't a rhetorical question. :(

There's every other type of caster item - sword, mace, and wand. For some reason Blizzard decided not to implement all of the invasion weapons that they actually made, so stuff like 2h sword/axes and the staff are unavailable despite existing in the files.

Mitch

Banned
I've been watching my girlfriend do invasions over the past few days and she typically clears them pretty quick due to the sheer amount of people participating. It probably helps that she finds a xrealm group to join, but still, it's cool to see.

I've been doing full invasions this morning trying to get the last weapon transmog I need, and stage 3 and 4 go unbelievably slow now since everyone resets after stage 2. Like 30-40 minutes.

Trickster

I've been doing full invasions this morning trying to get the last weapon transmog I need, and stage 3 and 4 go unbelievably slow now since everyone resets after stage 2. Like 30-40 minutes.

Surprised you guys are reporting stage 3 taking a long time. When I was doing it last night. The only reason that stage took a while was because almost everyone would group up and fly from boss to boss to maximize xp gain.

Stage 4 though, can you really blame people from resetting at that point? You can complete like 5-7 invasion,and you'll then have enough boxes to be mostly decked out in 700/720 items. Then the moment you ding 100 you go to the nethershard vendor and get the remaining item slots filled with 700 items.

Trying to max ilvl ahead of the expansion just seems like an excersise in futitlity, you'll spend hours trying to squeeze out a few more ilvl. Then come legion you go into a zone and after 1 or 2 levels you'll throwing away the invasion gear you spend hours and hours on.

Sölf

Hm, I got pretty lucky with my Invasion weapons. My hunter got his polearm after 2 and my rogue got the Axe after a single one. I now only need the Dagger and the 2h STR weapon. :D

Ryan_MSF

I've not played a shaman since wrath in my off-healing days, but after spending a couple of days playing my enhancement shaman, i feel as though the time i spent levelling my fury warrior was in vain, everything about this spec is godlike.

Zelias

Banned
Sölf;214559943 said:
Hm, I got pretty lucky with my Invasion weapons. My hunter got his polearm after 2 and my rogue got the Axe after a single one. I now only need the Dagger and the 2h STR weapon. :D
Think I just have the bow and the 1H caster sword to go. Unfortunately I can't get them on any of my levelling characters.

Aeana

I dunno why people bother to reset after stage 2 when so much exp comes from stage 3. If I reset, I do it in stage 4.

Sölf

Think I just have the bow and the 1H caster sword to go. Unfortunately I can't get them on any of my levelling characters.

You don't need the bow. It's ugly as hell. Seriously, it looks like a pipe. But the caster sword is pretty neat.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
27 invasions and still no daggers for my rogue. I need two. FML.

Well in a week you won't need any so I wouldn't worry too much about it (unless you really want one for transmog)

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't care for the transmog, I just want the upgrades. But it's true, I won't need them very soon.

But still...

I... I want it!

I know that feel. Only thing below 710 right now is probably rings, trinket and cloak on my DH. Yet i keep farming boxes.

Halp!

First Legion quest will probably give 750 gear or something, you wait :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been having fun lately just looking for Illusions tomes. Already had those that enchanters can create, but wasn't aware that there was even more outside of those sold by the trainer. Some sold by vendors, some given as quests, some dropping in raids. Quite a surprise!

Now if only Nefarian could drop Power Torrent, that would be nice. Thankfully his raid is not as long & annoying to do as Dragon Soul.

Top Bottom