• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Kain

My god does Enhancement fucking rock. The rotation feels very cool and fluid and they hit like a truck on steroids. Pity you have to talent to do good aoe, but for single target they feel amazing.

Tecnniqe

Banned

DluKM1h.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
My god does Enhancement fucking rock. The rotation feels very cool and fluid and they hit like a truck on steroids. Pity you have to talent to do good aoe, but for single target they feel amazing.

t6 is all AOE. It's a tier literally dedicated to AOE. So you don't "have to talent" to do AOE, as your only three options are all AOE, with crash lightning being the best in almost all cases.. unless you either need major AOE burst at the expense of knockback, or need some sort of minor crowd control.

Lanrutcon

t6 is all AOE. It's a tier literally dedicated to AOE. So you don't "have to talent" to do AOE, as your only three options are all AOE, with crash lightning being the best in almost all cases.. unless you either need major AOE burst at the expense of knockback, or need some sort of minor crowd control.

Question: apart from ThunderstruckACDCrockcrash, what aoe does Enhancement have?

Man, it's so lame that Blood of Sargeras is going to BOP like Motes of Harmony in Pandaria as opposed to BOA. Why does it matter who I'm playing the content with so long as I'm playing the content? It's the most frustrating option to limit the supply because it directly interferes with how people want to play.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Question: apart from ThunderstruckACDCrockcrash, what aoe does Enhancement have?

Well the ability itself isn't the only source of AoE damage, it also makes you do AoE damage with your melee hits. Death and Decay for Unholy and Blood works similarly.

I think it's an interesting take on melee AoE, I'm curious to see how it actually pans out.

M.D

I need to decide between a Shaman and Mage now that I'm leveling up my Monk instead of boosting it.

I really like how Elemental feels and Enhancement felt pretty good as well, even tho I had some trouble keepin up with rotation and I need to practice it more

Fire Mage felt really good once I understood the rotation and it had a real nice flow to it where it felt like you're always reacting and have something to do
I haven't tried tried other Mage specs for now so not sure how different they are

borghe

you have three options in t6.

crashing storm is the non-AOE option in the tier. Shaman by default have cleave if crash lightning hits two or more mobs. crash lightning leaves a pool on the ground with CS, meaning it's worth using in ST also, as opposed to without CS, where Lava Lash is a better DPS.

fury of air... may have some upcoming use.. we'll see. it seems its a toggle as long as you have MP (right?), so can make YOU an earthbinding totem if you can keep MP up.

sundering has a huge cost but is also a huge AOE burst.. however it also has a KB on it and we KNOW how much groups/raids love KB.

default is crashing storm, as it really doesn't change your rotation (i.e. ok point blank frontal AOE) and gives you a reason to use CL on single targets.

sundering might have some use in burning down large packs quickly.

fury of air... it's like blizz put that in for specific upcoming mechanics.. overall it seems highly specialized.

erawsd

Well the ability itself isn't the only source of AoE damage, it also makes you do AoE damage with your melee hits. Death and Decay for Unholy and Blood works similarly.

I think it's an interesting take on melee AoE, I'm curious to see how it actually pans out.

Sustained AoE is pretty mediocre atm, everything is just too expensive. Cleave is ok though.

Xeteh

With Enhancement is it okay to just auto attack if you're not getting stormbringer procs and are low on maelstrom? I've been using Rockbiter/Boulderfist on cooldown if I'm low and maintaining my buffs but I'm not sure if I should be pressing anything otherwise if I'm low on resources.

I'm not raiding so I'm not sure if tier sets would change that, I haven't really looked in to them.

With Enhancement is it okay to just auto attack if you're not getting stormbringer procs and are low on maelstrom? I've been using Rockbiter/Boulderfist on cooldown if I'm low and maintaining my buffs but I'm not sure if I should be pressing anything otherwise if I'm low on resources.

I'm not raiding so I'm not sure if tier sets would change that, I haven't really looked in to them.

That's mainly my issue. I feel resource starved and tend to just sit around doing weak melee autoattacks for half of every fight as I try to build up some maelstrom. I'm probably wrong but it seems like there was a hotfix right after the pre-patch hit because I thought stuff cost less maelstrom power when I first played with the changes.

I like the look and sound of enhancement but after using it more and playing with both my new alts, druid and DH, it just feels like there's a lot of time sitting around being weak since auto-attacks feel like ass.

erawsd

Yeah, you want to have at least 80 maelstrom pooled for stormbringer (I do a bit more since it loves to chain proc off itself) and if you're using Boulderfist youre going to have some "empty gcds" where you just autoattack since that is the whole point of the talent. With rockbiter you shouldnt ever have any breaks.

Aeana

I haven't actually tried demonology, but based on the stuff I've seen, it really reminds me of theurgist from Dark Age of Camelot. They would summon little temporary elemental pets that would attack the target, and they could have up to 16 out at once. Each element did a different thing, like the earth ones would rush up and melee and the air ones would use ranged attacks. They only lasted for a short duration and then they'd die, unless they were actually killed first. That was a pretty fun class to play.

borghe

everyone is complaining about MP, but remember... Mastery directly affects Windfury frequency, and both windfury procs generate 5MP each. Also artifact has 10% attack speed increase after stormbringer procs.

so my guess is, once you get higher mastery and wind strikes trait, MP generation won't be an issue at all.

Double jump should be disabled in ctf bgs.

Yeah, as someone who wanted to use Fury of Air or whatever it really sucks because it's completely unviable because of blizzards super shitty heavy handed way of nerfing talents to the ground instead of balancing them, which is probably my main reason why I'm not buying legion.

BearPawB

Banned
I haven't actually tried demonology, but based on the stuff I've seen, it really reminds me of theurgist from Dark Age of Camelot. They would summon little temporary elemental pets that would attack the target, and they could have up to 16 out at once. Each element did a different thing, like the earth ones would rush up and melee and the air ones would use ranged attacks. They only lasted for a short duration and then they'd die, unless they were actually killed first. That was a pretty fun class to play.

Demonology is fine in theory.
But the rotation is a complete chore

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Demo doesn't have that sort of customization, though. You only have imps and dreadstalkers, and you just summon both as often as you can. There's no consideration summoning X instead of Y due to the encounter.
They really do just work the like DoTs that you can see.

everyone is complaining about MP, but remember... Mastery directly affects Windfury frequency, and both windfury procs generate 5MP each. Also artifact has 10% attack speed increase after stormbringer procs.

so my guess is, once you get higher mastery and wind strikes trait, MP generation won't be an issue at all.

Perhaps. With higher mastery it also boosts stormbringer procs. That's great for damage but it'll balance out the pittance of an MP gain since a stormbringer proc essentially means 80 MP is getting used up right away. Since stormbringer and windfury have the same proc chance that means you have an equal chance to get a "boost" of 15 MP as you do of getting 80 MP needing to be spent. And since there's crash lightning, lava lash, and (if needed) healing surge that also use up MP I honestly don't think mastery will have that great of an effect on MP generation and pooling. Even when I pop wolves I tend to find that I feel like I'm barely holding on to a proper amount of MP.

I do generally like the route they're going and there's some positives but I also feel like I've lost some of my identity of what I expected out of my spec. I didn't play a lot of WoD but in MoP I was great for burst damage and being able to have random utility in throwing out plenty of heals with maelstrom procs or even a rare chance or two of brief tanking (if adds got wild or a tank died and had to rez) with my damage mitigation, rockbiter, and quick free heals I could throw on myself. And I don't even have totems anymore. Being able to talent one or two doesn't cut it. Wolves also feel largely useless compared to how often I relied on them in the past.

I haven't used meters since coming back with the pre-patch so perhaps I should grab those for a better idea where my damage comes from but aside from cool animations and punchy sounds making the presentation of the class step up I do feel like enhancement is missing a fair bit of what it was.

Magnus

I am extremely pleased with sPriest right now.

The rotation and ramp up is fast paced. Big fan of the removal of shadow orbs. Going into PvP and straight up dominating everything is great as well. It's almost too easy to hit top damage and KBs.

I've mained one since Naxx in WoTLK and don't see that changing any time soon.

I've been holy/shadow since Wrath, switching to Shadow as the main when I left raiding in Cata. I've always dug 'em too, though not as much as mages/warlocks. But I always forgave them for being a bit less fun than the other casters since I had healing specs too for more versatility. And I dig the priest 'class fantasy' most of all.

I really dig the new madness mechanics now too and the new theme of tapping into Old Gods/insanity.

But I'm not sure I'm great at it yet. I'm following all the pointers on Icy Veins and still feeling like I'm not doing something right.

I do great on single targets, but fail hard on multiple ones. I recognize that's a common failing of shadow priests (and kind of always has been) but I'd still like to be better. Multi-dotting really feels shitty. What should we do for 2-4+ targets?

Their Artifact is really cool too.

Is it, though? Cool theme and name, but looks awful.

Anoregon

I really like the red color of the hidden/unlockable model for the Spriest artifact. The model is called Claw of N'zoth too, so it's extra old-gody.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where do you get the broken shore quest at 98? didnt auto pop for me

edit: nvm relogged and it did

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah, I wasn't saying otherwise, just that I think that the concept is cool. It'd be cool if they could fix it so it's fun.

I don't feel like I'm summoning demons, I feel like i'm playing buff bot for a bunch of dots on legs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
aw crap the reward ring is 640 because im 98 bah >_>

Rhaknar

weird the staff reward is 685 as usual, so why the fuck was the ring 640 :/

and yeah the xp was pretty poo

Panthers

I'm just going to power through this expansion as a Warlock and hope for the best as demo. I've been a Lock main since I started (Wrath) and can't stop now. The more I play it, the more I enjoy Demo, but that's not saying much. I hated it at first. I am hoping the artifact helps some and damage ends up decent. Otherwise I will go back Destro.

Savitar

never seen so many people run into the xroads inn at the same time to log out at once lol

You should have seen PVP in the old days, before arena's and all. Invasions with the people all out is basically what it was like, only everyone was trying to kill the other side.

Rhaknar

I'm just going to power through this expansion as a Warlock and hope for the best as demo. I've been a Lock main since I started (Wrath) and can't stop now. The more I play it, the more I enjoy Demo, but that's not saying much. I hated it at first. I am hoping the artifact helps some and damage ends up decent. Otherwise I will go back Destro.

if I hadnt clicked with BM so much (and for most people thats another shit spec lol) I would do the same tbh

Magnus

I think they'll let them have their fun this expansion and then as soon as the next one hits, all that shit's going to get drastically nerfed in BGs and possibly arena

looks fantastic. Have you seen the Warrior Artifacts or Subtlety Rogues? THOSE are awful.

It's cool for a dagger, I guess. No dagger will look as good as a larger weapon IMO. I'm super salty about our weapon not being a staff.

Top Bottom