• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

By stocking up on Felbat Pups it kinda feels like I'm banking Beanie Babies and hoping they'll increase in value but I currently have nothing better to do with my shards.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
By stocking up on Felbat Pups it kinda feels like I'm banking Beanie Babies and hoping they'll increase in value but I currently have nothing better to do with my shards.

So many people are doing this that I feel like they'll always be cheap as hell.

Won't stop me from trying, though.

Tarazet

I think the last healing class I haven tried out is the Disc priest, how is that class so far ?

Disc is ultra weird. I've played with it quite a bit and I still can't get used to the recommended build that sites that Icy-Veins and Noxxic recommend. If you go against the grain, however, it is possible to build Disc to be a very good tank healer. Blizzard clearly supports this idea, because you have talent choices like Grace, Shield Discipline, Clarity of Will, and The Penitent, which work together to support a build that is focused on single-target absorbs and throughput. The kit of cooldowns is well tuned for it, as well - you've got Pain Suppression, Rapture, and Power Infusion for times that you really need to support your tank.

There are no mana problems with this build, either. You can use Shadow Mend as many times as you need it - you get back so much mana from Shield Discipline, especially if you use Rapture frequently, that running out is nearly impossible.

The Atonement build clearly has its perks too, I just can't get used to it. I wonder if we will see 2-heal setups in Mythic+ dungeons - one Disc and one Druid for example. That would be pretty sweet.

Ken

got my fury warrior from 90-100.

through invasions.

it is seriously the least fun I've ever had with wow.

"get in. do some damage. get the fuck out. literally run FAR ENOUGH AWAY that the boss mechanic doesn't kill you before he dies"

outside of that.. doing it on alliance seems even worse. you get two friendly zones, and 3 unfriendly zones, and one neutral zone.. and seemingly ALL zones rez you at a horrible graveyard. unless you are in sentinel hill or karanos. as opposed to horde where seemingly only gadgetzan and the two ally zones rez you poorly.. the other three always rez you at a timer that has plenty of other peeps so the timer is always way less than 30s.

I seriously can't express my displeasure enough. I am sure fury warrior is extremely fun.. as long as you have someone healing you. without that, out of the 8 classes I've run invasions on it is the worst experience by a significant margin.

All I did on my fury warrior is drop in at like 20%, tag it with the ranged pull and heroic leap out all while watching twitch streams

Xeteh

Awesome, guy posted on reddit that they were doing free Moose carries so I decided to try it out and now I have a moose, pretty awesome. He said they were doing it every night until Legion drops, US-Alliance runs. Link to reddit post.

Tenebrous

Almost done with my Guardian Druid Weakauras. Thank christ I have sound effects for >= 90 rage & Galactic Guardian procs, because GG procs like crazy and rage just shoots up in no time at all.

I love how little use Swipe gets as a filler. Devastate, by comparison, is going to wipe the letter W from my keyboard.

So how is everyone going about making gold at this stage in the game? Still just Cata raids? Satchel farming? Fel spreaders? I have about 90k at the moment, so I can buy a couple tokens, but I'd like to never have to pay real money again, haha.

What's the consensus on token prices? Do we think they'll be going down come legion or shooting up? I'm not sure if I should get those two tokens now or wait and hopefully get 3 or 4

I have every class to 100 though, so if it really is Cata raids every week still, I'm set on that. It would just get a bit tedious

1-100 just using invasions for a fresh Shammy. 20 hours, 48 minutes. Not terrible. There was definitely some goof-off time in there, too; as I stayed logged in while eating, changing/feeding the baby, etc. Probably not doing it with another class, though.

Pendas

Banned
So I hate to be "that guy" but...

Did they nerf stage 2 exp? I'm getting 15 -17K from bosses instead of the usual 30-50K. Stage 3 is unaffected. Might be a pre-preemptive hit before the increase after server reset.

Did they nerf stage 2 exp? I'm getting 15 -17K from bosses instead of the usual 30-50K. Stage 3 is unaffected. Might be a pre-preemptive hit before the increase after server reset.

I am not getting the small chest after phase 2 after loging out and log in.

EDIT: Silly me, the chest are two per invasion right?

Pendas

Banned
I am not getting the small chest after phase 2 after loging out and log in.

EDIT: Silly me, the chest are two per invasion right?

Yes, resetting doesn't give you another chest.

I think more people are catching on to the invasion trick. More tags = less exp. Boo...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck is going on with druid T12? I think thats the worse set in the game

also, Rag mace doesnt exist >_<

Trickster

Phase 3 takes too long, more chances to die and not get xp. easier to just keep resetting it, spamming aoe and continuing.

Phase 3 depends on what zone you're in imo. I've ended up mainly doing Westfall and Barrens invasion since they allow for significantly more xp gain since you get like 7-8 bosses very fast in phase 3. Phase 3 bosses also give me around 40-60k xp, whereas the phase 2 guys only give me 22-32k xp.

Doing phase 3 is also way more relaxing since you're not relogging every 4 minutes and doing nothing but running around in a giant clusterfuck of mobs and aoe

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

just bought the mats to make steel golem (cheapily enough I thought, 18k for the 30 living steels and the 300 ghost iron bars), the fucking ghost iron part has a daily cooldown.

Kill me

Shahadan

How do you get to frostfire ridge from oggrimar? I want to make my garrison!

Is is your first time? If so go to the call to arms board and start the quest. If not, ask a mage for a portal or use the timeless isle shortcut, then fly from gorgrond to where the garrison is supposed to be and start the quest.

If you don't have Draenor flying this could be difficult though.

Rizzi

Oooh, I can't decide which spec I want to go with in Legion.
Fire or arcane. Fire looks cool, but man, arcane lets you dump on fools.

Seems like it. I was getting half a level every first two stages. Now I barely get a quarter level.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I go on the class forums and it seems like every class is terrible. Geez. EVERY SINGLE FORUM has doomsday threads. I think it's always been like this, too.

Basically: don't go on the class forums and click on the whining threads.

Awesome, guy posted on reddit that they were doing free Moose carries so I decided to try it out and now I have a moose, pretty awesome. He said they were doing it every night until Legion drops, US-Alliance runs. Link to reddit post.
I saw that on reddit yesterday, but the hours didn't really work for my sleep schedule. I popped into his Twitch channel about 20 minutes ago and he was still doing runs. Got into a group right away, and now I have my free moose :D

Trickster

So I was late in getting my hype for the new WoW expansion. And now I'm at that point where I actually feel like raiding once the legion raids start. Unfortunately my guild has mostly locked in their raid roster at this point.

I was looking over some of the classes I'm pretty sure they would immediately accept me joining the raid team with. One of which was shadow priest. Never played a priest before, but several videos talking about how great they are now made me think about going that direction...for 5 minutes until I saw the crap that passes for shadow priests artifact. Wtf is that shit? The 2 other priest specs get these huge epic as fuck staffs that just scream legendary artifact of legends. Meanwhile shadow priests gets some a small dagger and offhand that an old god threw up all over...

Right now dps dk looks like the second best option. Their armor and artifacts at least look really nice, and they should be decent dps? I hear they're shit tier for mobility though?

phierce

Almost done with my Guardian Druid Weakauras. Thank christ I have sound effects for >= 90 rage & Galactic Guardian procs, because GG procs like crazy and rage just shoots up in no time at all.

I love how little use Swipe gets as a filler. Devastate, by comparison, is going to wipe the letter W from my keyboard.
Willing to share your WAs? Been messing around with some different ones for guardian. Would love to check 'em out.

Lanrutcon

Motherfuckers, I finally did it. I won some BGs for transmog tokens.

Apparently I need to be in the smaller BGs as an Affliction lock, because it takes a fucking army to kill me (even though my damage output is pure comedy).

There was some MOP flag capture BG where I was standing between 2 rets, a holy priest and an mm hunter and by the time they took me down Blizzard had announced 7.2.

Sarcasm

Willing to share your WAs? Been messing around with some different ones for guardian. Would love to check 'em out.

What is weakauras?

I strictly play a guardian druid..for everything.

Kain

I go on the class forums and it seems like every class is terrible. Geez. EVERY SINGLE FORUM has doomsday threads. I think it's always been like this, too.

All of them are wrong except Hunters, Hunters are terrible right now.

Hint: I mained Hunter all my life

On a more serious note, I'm contemplating maining Shaman this time around, Enh is so, so, SO fun and Resto has always been my favorite healer. It just gets the job done: no gimmicks or great limitations, but also no situations where you are mandatory or terrible. I like that it's sort of a neutral healer with no niche.

But I don't like Ele this time around.

Nere

In summary everyone is complaining the class they play sucks while they like every other class, wouldn't take anyone seriously until we are 1 month into legion.

scoobs

Ya, WoW players are opposed to any and all changes to their classes and will preach on the forums about quitting/switching classes every single time. The Blizz forums are there for nothing more than bug reports and entertainment watching these people freak out over nothing.

Outside of the RNG dictating a lot of damage for Roll the Bones I really like outlaw. I hoenstly thought I would hate it or it didn't change enough but it certainly has more active damage now and I love having a ranged stun. Certainly seems the spec of choice for me in the next expansion, I haven't even really touched sub and assassination yet though but Combat was always my thing so I'll likely not even really mess with them unless I have to if I end up raiding mythics again.

Lanrutcon

I call bullshit.

While a landslide of class bitching prior to each expansion is expected, you cannot honestly look at Warlocks right now and go "Hey, these guys are in a good place" with amazing class fantasies such as a) Not as good as a Fire Mage, b) Hope you like tabbing and c) Why do all my demons disappear after a few seconds?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ya, WoW players are opposed to any and all changes to their classes and will preach on the forums about quitting/switching classes every single time. The Blizz forums are there for nothing more than bug reports and entertainment watching these people freak out over nothing.

I call bullshit.

While a landslide of class bitching prior to each expansion is expected, you cannot honestly look at Warlocks right now and go "Hey, these guys are in a good place" with amazing class fantasies such as a) Not as good as a Fire Mage b) Hope you like tabbing and c) Why do all my demons disappear after a few seconds?

It's easy to take a glance at the class forums and say "oh everyone is just bitching like they always do" and just generally dismiss it, but that doesn't mean it's the correct response. Especially in situations where specific aspects of a class have largely agreed upon issues and feedback. It's frustrating how, even in the warlock threads, people just totally ignore what the thread is actually about and just assume people are just bitching about not topping meters, even though that's not what anyone is complaining about. Specs not feeling fun due to rotational/mechanical/thematic issues, especially when the concern is echoed by many people, are the type of concerns that should actually count for something. When there is a torrent of specific feedback stating about something people don't like and suggestions to fix it (for example Demonic Empowerment), that goes far beyond people just bitching about numbers or whatever.

Robin64

My Affliction Warlock is shit in Draenor. I keep getting swamped with multiple mobs (usually the weak small ones), but have to take each one out in turn. Kinda sucks.

Lanrutcon

My Affliction Warlock is shit in Draenor. I keep getting swamped with multiple mobs (usually the weak small ones), but have to take each one out in turn. Kinda sucks.

Spec for perma infernal, take a bodyguard with AoE (Vivianne has Blizzard, I think). That's your best bet. Seed of Corruption is poop.

Lanrutcon

So what are weakauras? Buff addon?

Configurable UI. Want to know when to cast what? when your buffs/debuffs are running out? when you're resource capped? Weakauras can tell you in a number of ways. Weakaura configurations are spec specific, and can be shared with others.

ebil

How do you get to frostfire ridge from oggrimar? I want to make my garrison!
You automatically get a quest called The Dark Portal at level 90 to start WoD. After the intro segment you'll basically be thrown into your garrison.

Ken

Is is your first time? If so go to the call to arms board and start the quest. If not, ask a mage for a portal or use the timeless isle shortcut, then fly from gorgrond to where the garrison is supposed to be and start the quest.

If you don't have Draenor flying this could be difficult though.

It's my first not-boosted, not DH character. My friends summoned me to the snowy place on my DH to start the Garrison quest but everyone was off already for the night!

Can you use the portal inside the warchief's hut in the valley of strength? I'm pretty sure DH's can right after finishing their intro.

Is that where Garrosh lives? I walked inside but there was nothing to do in it. :(

If you don't want to go through all the Dark Portal intro crap, use the teleport from Timeless Isle.

I have some vague memory of a quest that transports you to the Dark Portal on Draenor

You automatically get a quest called The Dark Portal at level 90 to start WoD. After the intro segment you'll basically be thrown into your garrison.

I ended up just starting this Dark Portal chain since I've never done it before anyways. Thanks for the answers!

Mupod

Boosted my DK to 100. My last experience with the class was 2H Frost tanking in early Wrath...really early Wrath. Needless to say that things have changed.

The funny thing is the massive simplification may have been what it took to get me to actually try Unholy. I've never played a pet class in any MMO because I hate having something not under my direct control at all times, but now I have so many free keybinds I was able to bind enough of the abomination's abilities to make it usable.

After figuring out keybindings I spent some time doing the invasion events and trying out every spec. Frost in particular seems extremely simple but obviously I haven't really tested my DPS yet. Unholy, I need a good buff/debuff tracker badly...will find something tonight.

I did enough of the events to get the full Fel set and I maxed out the 2h mace. I don't understand what they were thinking with the 1h axes, how is it fair that I'd have to get 12 of the upgrade material vs 6? As a result I don't really know how my Frost dps compares. I did get two of the 1h axes though. Also, Unholy seems by far the easiest to survive those invasions with - Blood pulls too much aggro (nobody heals) and Frost doesn't have the survivability. I still feel like if I even TRY to do real damage to a demon lord boss I pull aggro and get faceplanted instantly.

The funny thing is I had no context for item level anymore as it's been so long since I last played. I think I'm 699 right now entirely the invasion event gear (one green ring, some warforged pieces). My druid had been farming a significant portion of Mythic Foundry almost right up to the Hellfire Citadel patch and had great gear for the time. Turns out my druid's gear is almost the same item level as my DK after one day. Also, druid's inventory is an absolute fucking nightmare, ZERO item slots and like 500 salvage crates I was too lazy to open. Welp...

M.D

There's nothing I'm missing out on by doing 90-100 through invasions and never setting foot in Draenor, right?

Also, is battle.net down for anyone else?

Top Bottom