• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

zeemumu

I kind of want the next expansion to take place in the future. You travel there via a kind of Temple of Time where you use your Master Sword (Artifact) to power the device, thus explaining why you can't use it in the new expansion. When you travel forward, it would create a "snapshot" of your character, and there would be a statue of you in your gear in the middle of Dalaran, and probably in cities all over the world.

So like a full expansion of End Time?

So... when the expansion launches everyone needs to be in Dalaran and then warp it to the broken isles...

So your going to have thousands upon thousands of players standing in the same spot right as a server launches? Yeah nothing bad will happen with that at all XD

zeemumu

So... when the expansion launches everyone needs to be in Dalaran and then warp it to the broken isles...

So your going to have thousands upon thousands of players standing in the same spot right as a server launches? Yeah nothing bad will happen with that at all XD

I never understood why Dalaran was already flying in the movie

Roxas

Ok, so ive just resubbed to WoW for the first time in like 7 years, and thought it would be easier to make a new character from scratch. Was doing some quests in Sentinel Hill when the Legion "Scenario" turns up, all the NPC's disappear and all the creatures i needed to kill to complete my quests disappear. wtf is this? Do they only reappear after the scenario has finished?

Brokun

Oh god it's going to be just like when they introduced old world flying with cataclysm. Took 2 hours to just click on the frickin... GET OFF YOUR FUCKING MAMMOTH MOUNT YOU FUCK!

Zelias

Banned
Oh god it's going to be just like when they introduced old world flying with cataclysm. Took 2 hours to just click on the frickin... GET OFF YOUR FUCKING MAMMOTH MOUNT YOU FUCK!
With Legion they implemented a new system that lets you see an outline of the NPC and click it even through other players. Before that they gave Khadgar in WoD a dismount aura just because of this lol. Shouldn't be a problem.

cdyhybrid

well

moose spoilers

when you take the quest item that drops from archimonde to malfurion, he says that the only place he's encountered anything like it is in the emerald nightmare, and makes a big deal out of the fact that you found it on a high-ranking member of the legion
The boss of the Emerald Nightmare raid is a former? member of the Legion.

fwpx

Ok, so ive just resubbed to WoW for the first time in like 7 years, and thought it would be easier to make a new character from scratch. Was doing some quests in Sentinel Hill when the Legion "Scenario" turns up, all the NPC's disappear and all the creatures i needed to kill to complete my quests disappear. wtf is this? Do they only reappear after the scenario has finished?

This is part of the pre-legion patch. Go help people kill demons, its a TON of xp, and it scales to your level so you can actually contribute. But, yes, your NPCS do despawn during this.

Xeteh

About how long does it take to run through the Hyjal raid? My memory of it is its a 23958239 hour long raid because some asshole must have played horde mode in Gears of War and was like THAT WAS FUN.

I'm just assuming it takes way too long and I don't want to do it unless it isn't too bad.

ampere

Yeah and it comes back every 2 hours, so you might just want to quest in another zone for now (or you could help kill demons, that gives decent exp)

Tenebrous

About how long does it take to run through the Hyjal raid? My memory of it is its a 23958239 hour long raid because some asshole must have played horde mode in Gears of War and was like THAT WAS FUN.

I'm just assuming it takes way too long and I don't want to do it unless it isn't too bad.

20 mins. You auto-trigger the next wave by clearing out the previous, so the first two bosses have waves that can be cleared on the spawn.

Once you move up to the Horde camp, the waves can take a bit longer since the enemies are seperated, but it's still easy as a ranged character.

Zelias

Banned
The boss of the Emerald Nightmare raid is a former? member of the Legion.
The official site implies Xavius is working with the Legion again, but given that the Legion and the Old Gods are diametrically opposed to one another, and the Emerald Nightmare is an Old God thing, it wouldn't surprise me if he was a double agent.

Xeteh

20 mins. You auto-trigger the next wave by clearing out the previous, so the first two bosses have waves that can be cleared on the spawn.

Once you move up to the Horde camp, the waves can take a bit longer since the enemies are seperated, but it's still easy as a ranged character.

Alright, thanks. I'll give it a go.

zeemumu

I might hold off on invasion leveling because I actually want to see the draenor story from the alliance perspective. I never have before

thefil

Since there's no level-specific content in Legion, does that mean all dungeons are available in dungeon finder as soon as the expansion goes live? It would be cool if they added some kind of easy attunement process at least so the dungeons aren't *entirely* homogenized into fungible "content".

Wunder

I might hold off on invasion leveling because I actually want to see the draenor story from the alliance perspective. I never have before

Yeah I really wanted to see the Shadowmoon Valley quest, my one regret in not levelling an alliance character up. I assume most of the other storylines are relatively the same, like Spires and the overall Talador story.

Nere

Since there's no level-specific content in Legion, does that mean all dungeons are available in dungeon finder as soon as the expansion goes live? It would be cool if they added some kind of easy attunement process at least so the dungeons aren't *entirely* homogenized into fungible "content".

No dungeons still have lvl requirements. Also 2 dungeons require doing some quests in Suramar, the final zone, before they unlock, so it is kinda like an attunement.

No, there are a few 110 only dungeons. But I think the other ones are any range from 100-110.

zeemumu

Yeah I really wanted to see the Shadowmoon Valley quest, my one regret in not levelling an alliance character up. I assume most of the other storylines are relatively the same, like Spires and the overall Talador story.

Probably like Pandaria having alliance and horde variants at the start then merging towards the final zones

Tenebrous

Four dungeons available at 100 (one for each zone).
Violet Hold at 105.
Four or so 110 only dungeons.
A few mythic only dungeons/2 Surumar dungeons.

Savitar

Correct, but even if we had killed him, it probably wouldn't have stuck anyway.

That's the problem, even if we do kill them just about anywhere they come back. The only place to kill a demon permantly is in the twisting nether but for some it might even be a bit more tricky than that, Sageras found out how to kill the vampire/demon looking ones only after torturing one for a long time. It's one reason they serve him because he knows how to kill them for good.

When flying in outland I actually wondered then, considering when you fly out and there's no ground underneath you it says twisting nether, so shouldn't Outland count to be in the twisted nether? Or does it have to go by the rules of say an ocean.

M.D

mines at 93. What's the answer to this invaluable and intelligent question?

(how long did it take for you to get from 93 to 100?)

It takes time but the right thing to do is to do stages 1-3 and fly to all the bosses (preferably with a group) in stage 3 because they all give a shit ton of exp

Probably a couple of hours? depends if you have heirlooms or potions, enlightenment etc

Sölf

I don't understand why they couldn't add these last few Dalaran quest last week. This took me 5 minutes with reading quests, like, what.

Mitch

Banned
The first Dalaran quest was good fun. Considering how short and meaningless this one seems to be, I'll go ahead and skip it.

Lanrutcon

Sölf;214728093 said:
I don't understand why they couldn't add these last few Dalaran quest last week. This took me 5 minutes with reading quests, like, what.

Yeah. Seriously: the new step is less than 5 minutes.

zeemumu

That's the problem, even if we do kill them just about anywhere they come back. The only place to kill a demon permantly is in the twisting nether but for some it might even be a bit more tricky than that, Sageras found out how to kill the vampire/demon looking ones only after torturing one for a long time. It's one reason they serve him because he knows how to kill them for good.

When flying in outland I actually wondered then, considering when you fly out and there's no ground underneath you it says twisting nether, so shouldn't Outland count to be in the twisted nether? Or does it have to go by the rules of say an ocean.

I think Outland got sucked into the twisting nether in pieces because of portal shenanigans

Sölf

The questline as a whole is pretty cool, but seriously, why wait a week for the last 3 quests that take 5 minutes max to complete? I just don't see any reason to do this.

It takes time but the right thing to do is to do stages 1-3 and fly to all the bosses (preferably with a group) in stage 3 because they all give a shit ton of exp

Probably a couple of hours? depends if you have heirlooms or potions, enlightenment etc
Yeah. I search out invasions and fly from boss to boss.

Preface this with the knowledge I am totally new and started playing about 2-3 weeks ago. So I know nothing really about the finer aspects of WoW. So...I bought an heirloom once but it turned out to be only for lvling up to 60 (i bought it at lvl75 or so.) Complete waste. Maybe I'll buy the upgrade but it ain't cheap and I was saving to get faster flying training.

I do the daily Enlightenment to get my XP boost but I know nothing about potions. Any suggestions?

Lanrutcon

Sölf;214728783 said:
The questline as a whole is pretty cool, but seriously, why wait a week for the last 3 quests that take 5 minutes max to complete? I just don't see any reason to do this.

They should have unlocked titanforged fel armor today. Or something.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sölf;214728783 said:

Yeah, last week should have stopped after the Ulduar part, then this week we go to Karazhan then back to defend Dalaran.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sölf;214728783 said:

to stretch out "content" over the 3 weeks before Legion I guess

Is something wrong with Us-Area 52? I keep getting DC'd every couple minutes and it shows the realm offline for like a few seconds, and then its back up. rinse and repeat

M.D

Yeah. I search out invasions and fly from boss to boss.

Preface this with the knowledge I am totally new and started playing about 2-3 weeks ago. So I know nothing really about the finer aspects of WoW. So...I bought an heirloom once but it turned out to be only for lvling up to 60 (i bought it at lvl75 or so.) Complete waste. Maybe I'll buy the upgrade but it ain't cheap and I was saving to get faster flying training.

I do the daily Enlightenment to get my XP boost but I know nothing about potions. Any suggestions?

First of all, save up for flying because that is something you must have and buying any heirlooms when you're already 93 means nothing, you'll save little time but flying is something that will serve you the entire time

There are 2 more ways to boost your exp - Elixir of the Rpiad Mind and Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning

The first provides a 300% boost to experience but also costs a ton of gold and does not persists through death, so you shouldn't really consider it at this point

The second one you should definitely get if you are planning on doing anything in Draenor, it lasts through death and gives you bonus exp for anything you do in Draenor including the bonus objectives which give a ton of exp

Aside from that, the heirloom you paid for will probably pay off down the road when you level up another character so don't feel too bad about it ;)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I got drunk last night and woke up with a level 14 Pandaren Monk this morning. It would have been appropriate if I made him a Brewmaster, but I didn't.

I might play him over my 42 Gnome... I love Pandas.

Kuno

I'm sure this type of thing gets asked all the time, but here goes...

I haven't played wow since Cataclysm. I decided to get back in last night and plopped down the $15 for a month. Suffice it to say that I'm overwhelmed. They changed the talent system so much!

1. I have an 85 Mage and an 85 Priest. Should I just drop every old quest and go to... Pandaria? Should I just get Legion and jump to 100, or are the old quests still interesting enough to play through?
  2. I have about 100k gold between all my characters. Is that basically pocket change these days? Seems like a lot to me, but I don't know what the economy is like now.
  3. I've never tried a Monk either. Are they sought after for end-game content?
  4. My Priest's Inscription profession sure seems to have changed a lot. Is it as bad as it seems now? My bank was full of charred glyphs.
  5. What should I be spending my gold on to prepare these characters for Legion?

carlsojo

I haven't played wow since Cataclysm. I decided to get back in last night and plopped down the $15 for a month. Suffice it to say that I'm overwhelmed. They changed the talent system so much!

1. I have an 85 Mage and an 85 Priest. Should I just drop every old quest and go to... Pandaria? Should I just get Legion and jump to 100, or are the old quests still interesting enough to play through?
  2. I have about 100k gold between all my characters. Is that basically pocket change these days? Seems like a lot to me, but I don't know what the economy is like now.
  4. My Priest's Inscription profession sure seems to have changed a lot. Is it as bad as it seems now? My bank was full of charred glyphs.

Go to Pandaria, drop the cata stuff. Or do invasions to level, but panda land is fun especially if you haven't done it.

100k is plenty haha.

Monks are cool, they're in a good place right now but not sought after more than other classes.

Inscription will be better in Legion due to the runes and stuff you can make for the specific content.

Leveling professions, fun stuff, mounts, etc

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

You can get either (or both) of those level 85 chars to 100 very quickly with the currently Legion invasions going on

Sölf

If you just want to get really fast to the Legion content, use the current Invasions as they give really good EXP. I would recommend doing at least one invasion anyways, because they are the only thing (aside from Doomsayers and the Dark Whispers in Org/Stormwind) that will disappear in a week.

If you never quested through Pandaria and Draenor, do it. If one thing got consistently better with each expansion it's the leveling content. However, with all the reduced EXP you will outlevel the Pandaria zones. If you are interested in the lore you could do that later, but I really would recommend to quest through those zones at least once.

zeemumu

Your pocket gold could net you 2-3 free months of WoW

Shahadan

With 100k gold you could have bought game time with it rather than real money I guess. (maybe not with long dormant acocunts? dunno)
Are you buying Legion? If so your best choice right now to reach 100 quickly is by doing the demon invasions on your map. You could be lvl 100 very quickly.
You might as well ignore everything else. You probably won't have the time to do it MoP+Draenor properly before Legion. But Pandaria was great ;(

Top Bottom