• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

carlsojo

Speaking of Dreadlords, did anyone else notice that Varimathras was absent on the Broken Shore when all of the other guys from Warcraft 3 showed up? (Mal'ganis, Tichondrius)

Shahadan

Speaking of Dreadlords, did anyone else notice that Varimathras was absent on the Broken Shore when all of the other guys from Warcraft 3 showed up? (Mal'ganis, Tichondrius)

He's too tied to Sylvanas to not be used against her in some way down the line imo. Or they just forgot about him!

M.D

Ugh.. so if I want to do anything in Draenor, I have to go through the entire introduction part again until I get my garrison?

Ugh.. so if I want to do anything in Draenor, I have to go through the entire introduction part again until I get my garrison?

There is a secret teleport to Draenor on the Timewalking Isles that lets you skip the Tanaan intro.

e: *TImeless Isle

e90Mark

Hey, anyone run into nausea, headaches, eye strain playing since the updates? I have been following a thread on WoW general about it. Its got me hesitant to re-up. Apparently they reduced the camera zoom, and added more "bounce", glow, spell effects, etc. And this is giving people motion sickness and other issues. Anyone run into this? Thanks!

There is a command to increase the camera zoom, it's in this thread. But I haven't noticed any bounce that would throw you into nausea.

I generally get sickness with effects like this that are overblown. No issues.

I feel like people also enabled the action cam without even knowing they had, and complained about it.

Tarazet

I still need to go through Pandaria story-line wise. I remember reading the threads here about it from time to time and seeing that the story was at least good.

I recommend to do Jade Forest and then skip to Dread Wastes. The Klaxxi story is amazing and also extremely relevant in the greater arc of the Old Gods' storyline.

biaxident

Well I'm 0/10 on the zandalari warbringer mounts, but least i'm racking up these rep tokens. Should hit exalted with klaxxi first, finally did everything with them and unlocked xaril, really is a cool chain and story. So many mounts tied to MoP reps, gotta grind em all. Didn't bother with them during MoP cause I really hated doing 4 factions of daily everyday just to get some valor/justice gear.

Zelias

Banned
Warrior just hit 100 and is already ilvl705 thanks to Invasion gear, the ring from the Broken Shore quests and heirloom trinket. Not bad.

That's the last of the 4 alts I've been levelling through invasions and now I have every class to 100 on Horde side. Can take it easy now :D

Wunder

I recommend to do Jade Forest and then skip to Dread Wastes. The Klaxxi story is amazing and also extremely relevant in the greater arc of the Old Gods' storyline.

Just got Wakener the other day while working on Shado-master. Man, those paragons are dope, never selling my Seal of the Windreaver.

Wunder

Sölf;214760598 said:
And then you go into Siege of Orgrimmar.

:(

yeah I did LFR SoO coming back into WoW the first time and was surprised, then I did the Klaxxi dailies and was sad.

Kil'ruk o7 the ultimate bro

Wunder

I'm looking forward next month or so to see people complain about too much content

At some point it did look like there was going to be a fuck load to keep up with, especially on multiple characters but I think once I get a priority list going it should be all good.

Magnus

Heroic and below are loot lockouts, not instance lockouts.

Hmm, ok.

Help me understand the mechanics of how the people running these carries are able to fight the same boss over and over again, and bring people in for just that boss (Archimonde).

The way I understand it, they could join someone else who's gotten to a boss (Archimonde for example) and help beat it, even if they already looted Archimonde that week.

But otherwise, how do they offer an Archimonde kill every single day?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GL with all the mog stuff you guys are still hunting in this last reset before we all have better things to do but run for mogs ;_;

RPGCrazied

So I just dinged another 100. 5 to choose from come Legion to play first. Rogue, Hunter, Paladin, Warrior and Death Knight. I guess who has the coolest artifact I guess.

Ashodin

N7YGuRb.jpg

THE MIDDLE ONE (second one is good too)

I like how the first one (the OG) is like a glorified machete blade

and then they made it go all the way to the hilt on the upgraded model

I honestly think the upgraded version is what they would have designed it as originally back when they had the tech

strafer

The balls on some people.

This is a confirmation e-mail letting you know that the Battle.net
account Strafer.Europe has registered this e-mail address.

If you are going to lose access to this e-mail address, please update
your Battle.net account with a new address beforehand. Failure to
update your address will result in the loss of Battle.net e-mail
functionality; technical support will be unable to assist you with
this problem.

biaxident

Quite a few hotfixes today. Shamans got a lot of buffs, not only the windfury but maybe rockbiter doesn't feel like a wet noodle now? Doubt its better than boulderfist, but its nice they closed the gap so its an option hopefully. It's not good design when one is just 10 times better than the rest.

Edit: Wow I waited a solid 40 mins for this warbringer, he spawns as i charge in an orc shaman tags him first. Its been only me and another ally (afk at the time) and he just popped up. Phasing issue or was he just stealthed somehow?

Ashodin

GGnore bears

Guardian is overall in a good space, but Mastery scaling has been a bit out of control while Haste has been underwhelming. The main defensive value of Haste for Guardian Druids is to proc more Ironfurs and Frenzied Regenerations - something we want to bring more into focus.

Last night we decreased the health and healing received from Nature's Guardian to 4% (from 8%) and adjusted the mastery amount accordingly, and, to compensate for this, we've increased the amount of armor granted by Ironfur up to 100% (from 75%). You should see more of an impact from haste affecting Ironfur now, and stacking Mastery will be a less effective tactic going forward.

biaxident

They also don't like 1 stat being so much better than any other. So they toned back bear mastery, and also toned back fire mage's too. Gave them more base crit and reduced the multiplier some so not all the gear will be crit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So with the increase in invasions is it faster to just complete them all or continue to just do stage 1-2 on one of them and reset still?

ViciousDS

Banned
you can't even do phase 3 and 4 properly in dun morogh due to how many people log out after phase 2.

I took a screenshot come phase 4......this is all thats left of us!!!!

So with the increase in invasions is it faster to just complete them all or continue to just do stage 1-2 on one of them and reset still?

you can do all others pretty much normal insanely fast.....except dun morogh

do phase 1 and 2 for the small chest and then leave.

erawsd

Quite a few hotfixes today. Shamans got a lot of buffs, not only the windfury but maybe rockbiter doesn't feel like a wet noodle now? Doubt its better than boulderfist, but its nice they closed the gap so its an option hopefully. It's not good design when one is just 10 times better than the rest.

Edit: Wow I waited a solid 40 mins for this warbringer, he spawns as i charge in an orc shaman tags him first. Its been only me and another ally (afk at the time) and he just popped up. Phasing issue or was he just stealthed somehow?

Yeah based on what Ive read from the theorycrafting folks these buffs are too small to change anything. BF and Landslide are still king by a good margin.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there a downside to personal loot? Does having a Master Looter guarantee better drops or something?
Ok, this is a super hot topic. There is a VERY SPECIFIC down side to personal loot, or more correctly the loot change. In fringe cases... where an ML group is legit... it is now impossible without being a guild group. Now...... most of the ML defenses came down to "well if people didn't like it they could make their own LFG with their own rules".... which is about the poorest defense for anything. "If you don't like how our store treats customers, you can start your own store to compete with us" - says Walmart.

The fact is, yes the FACT, is that ML caused more problems and drama than it helped. Always.

Now the personal loot system doesn't stop drama.. or harassment more correctly... but it stops people from getting blatantly fucked over. No more ninja. No more "he didn't have it on res, but I'm giving it to him for reasons."

ML is mainly a vocal minority. Again PL doesn't remove drama, but it stops people from getting screwed more often than not.

Top Bottom