• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ch0mp

Hmm, ok.

Help me understand the mechanics of how the people running these carries are able to fight the same boss over and over again, and bring people in for just that boss (Archimonde).

The way I understand it, they could join someone else who's gotten to a boss (Archimonde for example) and help beat it, even if they already looted Archimonde that week.

But otherwise, how do they offer an Archimonde kill every single day?

Start a raid with a toon that has a lockout at archi, enter raid, pass lead off to someone else and leave raid. Rinse and repeat.

Pendas

Banned
So with the increase in invasions is it faster to just complete them all or continue to just do stage 1-2 on one of them and reset still?

Depends how many people there are.

On my server, Dun Morough is packed, and Phase 2 Bosses only give 17K Exp.

Meanwhile, the Phase 3 bosses give 40 - 60K, it only takes about 7m more, and you can kill 6-7 NM's in that time. So it's worthwhile to find a Group Finder spamming Phase 3 NM's.

Conversely if there's a medium amount of people, and you're getting 50K from the Phase 2 bosses, then resetting at Phase 2 will yield higher exp per hour.

Ashodin

but dkp tho

Meh. Feel bads when you can't make it and have shit for dkp

151017angju3.jpg

Even though I'm not alliance I'm hype for Anduin. Peaceful character that has to go on the offensive? Yes plz

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh god, I've been doing world bosses all day, this is torture. This is gonna be way harder to do once everyone is 110 and doesn't bother listing them cus they can easily solo them.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn that is some modern Square-esque effeminate prettyboy art.

Rambaldi

this art contest trash needs to diaf tho

I don't think Anduin's art there is that bad. I'm not a huge fan of anime/manga art but I also don't have a problem with dude's being drawn in an "effeminate" style since, you know, there's effeminate men in the real world.

The art you posted though grosses me out, though. Christ. Kill it with (fel) fire.

Guys, even though I got some on another character, I swear that the Fel-touched mail shoulders don't exist. I need them to feel complete.

Also, there is an art contest?

Rambaldi

Looks like something you'd find in a nerd merchandise store run by a guy like this.

(Yikes.jpg)

I just shuddered in real life. Reminds me of some of the guys I'd meet when I worked at Gamestop.

Somewhat related to both: I get really excited about WoW and I worked at GS from BC (my first midnight launch as an employee!) to Mists. I was, in my opinion of course, a nice non-asshole employee who tried to have fun with my customers so I always talked to everyone who preordered the expansions or bought the game etc. I can't tell you how many times I heard "You don't look like someone who'd play Warcraft."

Umm. I don't know what that means but I think about it sometimes and I often wonder what some of my guildmates look like etc. I mean, some of us are really close and have met or are Facebook friends but I seriously think it's weird that people have assumed "looks" for people who play certain games. I guess it's a gamer stereotype thing. Or that South Park episode.

chinoXL

Damn I'm so close to re-subbing. Played for bout 7ish years too a looking break. Is there a GAF guild? Swore I would never come back lol

Finished off this weeks event quest as soon as I rejoined the main instance in Dalaran someone typed "that's it?" in /s. Aptly put. Back to Dreanor and profession leveling until Legion I guess. Got Herbalism past 300 and almost have Inscription there. And holy shit I have to grind up fishing next, I want to be able to get that artifact as soon as I hit 110.

Undercurrent - Teleport to the nearest fishing node.
Fishrender's Blessing - Become a fish when underwater, allowing you to breathe water and swim rapidly
Surface Tension - Walk on water.
Luremaster - Increases duration of Legion lures and baits
Bloodfishing - Grants a chance to catch Blood of Sargeras when fishing in the Broken Isles
Better Luck Next Time - Grants a chance to catch boots when fishing in the Broken Isles
Fishbane - Increases autoattack damage done to aquatic beasts

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Dev-Q-A-Movie-Update-Survival-Spec-Preview

Rizzi

Finished off this weeks event quest as soon as I rejoined the main instance in Dalaran someone typed "that's it?" in /s. Aptly put. Back to Dreanor and profession leveling until Legion I guess. Got Herbalism past 300 and almost have Inscription there. And holy shit I have to grind up fishing next, I want to be able to get that artifact as soon as I hit 110.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Dev-Q-A-Movie-Update-Survival-Spec-Preview

That was pretty much everyone's reaction. Please wait a week, while I channel this spell.
Not even a cool reward or anything..

Tenebrous

Very nice.

That was pretty much everyone's reaction. Please wait a week, while I channel this spell.
Not even a cool reward or anything..

what were people expecting lol

Something a bit similar to the last two weeks, perhaps?

I don't know, I've been fucking done with the expansion for a while. One last Archimonde kill tomorrow, and that's it. I've all my power leveling addons, potions bound to every ability with 500+ on each character, buff food, flasks, fizzy drinks, and teamspeak.

Aiming to unlock world quests on two characters before I go to sleep.

Einchy

what were people expecting lol

Why is tha lol? The previous quest actually had you going somewhere and doing something, this one had absolutely nothing. I assume most people were expecting some that was at least as good as the last one since this was the last quest.

That was like the worst quest ever.

And It thought last weeks was bad, but this weeks makes it look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Also, I have a bit more than 2 weeks sub left, legion comes out in a week, I don't plan on getting it, but do you think I'll be able to do the initial artifact quests without the expansion? wonder what else I could do in that week.

As for the bear nerf, it's not that it shouldn't be nerfed, it's the way they do shit that pisses me off, no delicacy no nothing just straight up 50% hotfix nerf, and they've done it to so many talents and shit too, fuck playing an expansion full of that bullshit.

Ashodin

This is amazing

this is one of the best videos about warcraft on the internet

Also, I have a bit more than 2 weeks sub left, legion comes out in a week, I don't plan on getting it, but do you think I'll be able to do the initial artifact quests without the expansion? wonder what else I could do in that week.
You can't do any of that stuff without Legion bro. Artifacts are part and parcel of the expansion.

Are gathering professions in Legion similar to WoD in that if you're below a certain threshold (below 600 in WoD) you gather fragments (chunks of ore, parts of plants, scrap of leather) as opposed to whole resources? Will sub-700 gathering be like that in Legion?

If yes, then I want to grind up Herbalism as much as possible in the next few days.

Also it looks like I need to fish on Azeroth to get the Weather Beaten Journal that teaches fish tracking.

Truth bombs being dropped about Khadgar.

Are gathering professions in Legion similar to WoD in that if you're below a certain threshold (below 600 in WoD) you gather fragments (chunks of ore, parts of plants, scrap of leather) as opposed to whole resources? Will sub-700 gathering be like that in Legion?

As far as I know Fragments are gone. You get full resources every time--you just get more of them when you have an appropriate level of the profession.

Also, am I misreading that blue post on MMO Champ or is it going to be almost a full month before anything shows up for LFR? That seems a bit... extreme.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Khadgar is suddenly the main character of the series since WoD for some reason. Thrall failed too many times
and Varian is dead now
, I guess.

People will turn against Khadgar if he starts killing the big bads himself.

I don't necessarily think so. The problem with Khadgar is that most of his backstory happened outside of the game. He is an interesting character, but for a majority of WoW he's just been "that guy in Shattrath". On top of that, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner because they used to have Jaina to be the "magicsplaining character", but have since written her into being clearly a stones throw from a villain--which is a huge mistake honestly--so they brought in Khadgar to be the timey wimey shitty wizard that was the main character of WoD--and now the Tirion to Gul'dan's Lich King.

I don't often heavily criticize Blizzard's writing, but I think Legion has already been pretty hamfisted. WoD was a literally dumpster fire, but Legion is already shaping up to be a continuation of some really lazy writing. I'm sure it will come to a climax at the end of the expansion when--Tinfoil Hat time--
Jaina kills Thrall to antagonize the Horde to declare war on the Alliance and start the 4th War in hopes of wiping the Orcs out completely

cdyhybrid

I don't necessarily think so. The problem with Khadgar is that most of his backstory happened outside of the game. He is an interesting character, but for a majority of WoW he's just been "that guy in Shattrath". On top of that, they kind of wrote themselves into a corner because they used to have Jaina to be the "magicsplaining character", but have since written her into being clearly a stones throw from a villain--which is a huge mistake honestly--so they brought in Khadgar to be the timey wimey shitty wizard that was the main character of WoD--and now the Tirion to Gul'dan's Lich King.

I don't often heavily criticize Blizzard's writing, but I think Legion has already been pretty hamfisted. WoD was a literally dumpster fire, but Legion is already shaping up to be a continuation of some really lazy writing. I'm sure it will come to a climax at the end of the expansion when--Tinfoil Hat time--
Jaina kills Thrall to antagonize the Horde to declare war on the Alliance and start the 4th War in hopes of wiping the Orcs out completely
Blizzard's writing has been horrible for years.

Jaina's getting Garrosh'd and I still think Sylvanas could turn on everyone, Horde and Alliance, if she finds the secret to creating corrupted Val'kyr.

As far as I know Fragments are gone. You get full resources every time--you just get more of them when you have an appropriate level of the profession.

Also, am I misreading that blue post on MMO Champ or is it going to be almost a full month before anything shows up for LFR? That seems a bit... extreme.

Niiiiiceee. That's a little pressure off then, still gonna try and have gathering up as high as possible though.

That's been the one downside of speed bossting this monk through invasions, all of its professions were abysmally underleveled and there's no real way to boost gathering other than just doing it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't think so, kadghar is more likable than thrall ever was. Thrall even pre all he hate was too boring and straight edge.

Khadar is nowhere near as likeable as Thrall was pre-cataclysm. Khadgar is already at quirky, godly mage who is badass and handsome since his first major exposure. As opposed to Thrall who was originally just a very charismatic leader.

Khadgar is a gary stu.

Khadar is nowhere near as likeable as Thrall was pre-cataclysm. Khadgar is already at quirky, godly mage who is badass and handsome since his first major exposure. As opposed to Thrall who was originally just a very charismatic leader.

That's a very weak explanation of what happened in Warcraft III.

Wunder

Why is tha lol? The previous quest actually had you going somewhere and doing something, this one had absolutely nothing. I assume most people were expecting some that was at least as good as the last one since this was the last quest.

The entire quest chain was already up on the beta so I guess I didn't go in expecting anything. It was poorly paced for sure, they probably could have just put the entire quest line in this week rather than splitting it up and there wouldn't have been such an immediate backlash.

Ken

I'm confused about Fury Warrior and execute/enrage. When I'm in execute phase, am I supposed to just fish for Enrage through Bloodthirst and then spam Execute? Since using Rampage eats 70 rage it feels kinda clunky.

I found a post on OF that said to just skip Execute for Rampage until artifacts.

Einchy

I'm confused about Fury Warrior and execute/enrage. When I'm in execute phase, am I supposed to just fish for Enrage through Bloodthirst and then spam Execute? Since using Rampage eats 70 rage it feels kinda clunky.

I found a post on OF that said to just skip Execute for Rampage until artifacts.

Yeah, not a fan of Execute right now but maybe that will change with the artifact, I dunno.

Usually execute face is when you go big dick DPS and you see your DPS get a crazy boost if you're able to pop all your CDs, right now, it barely feels like a DPS boost since you can only use it during enrage and it costs so much rage.

Ashodin

Khadgar is a gary stu.

Meh Khadgar is the guy who is driving the story forward and allowing us to get to stuff we need to take care of.

Top Bottom