• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was curious so I checked, apparently I've killed Ultraxion a total of 134 spread across all my characters and I've never seen the mount drop. Really wish I could get that and the normal DW drake so I could finally stop having to do DS.

Zelias

Banned
I'll just do what similar to what I did in WoD - do all the zones to completion and the dungeons when the dungeon quests pop up. I'll still hit 110 fairly quickly, but I won't be racing for it and several people in my guild will probably beat me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im not gonna rush at all, but if I get my time off work like I intend to, I will be vegging out on Legion that week

im not gonna rush at all, but if I get my time off work like I intend to, I will be vegging out on Legion that week

I have to work the night it goes live and the night after--but I might leave early Tuesday night / Wednesday morning to get a jump start on playing. Plus it's my birthday so I have that going for me.

Lanrutcon

My first "rush" is usually fishing because i'm crazy.
But first, take my time to enjoy becoming legion loremaster.

Have you checked out the videos on Legion fishing?

There is so much fishing to do. Like, miles worth. It looks fascinating as all fuck.

Robin64

It takes a fair amount of time just to get the Underlight Angler artifact rod, and then powering up isn't a small task.

Kuntz

Have you checked out the videos on Legion fishing?

There is so much fishing to do. Like, miles worth. It looks fascinating as all fuck.

I know the gist of it but yeah this is dope, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed fishing hours in stratholme and alterac because of a stupid grey Nat Pagle journal talking about Ashbringer...

Sölf

Well, since we are back in Dalaran and there is another fountain fishing achievement I know what I will do this expansion while I wait for my dungeon queues as DPS.

Lanrutcon

Sölf;214811556 said:
Well, since we are back in Dalaran and there is another fountain fishing achievement I know what I will do this expansion while I wait for my dungeon queues as DPS.

There are better things to fish up in New Dalaran!

Robin64

Whatever happened to El's Anglin'?

It just vanished. The last tweets on the Twitter account don't give any clue as to why.

Edit: Oh apparently Tim Howgego went to work for Blizz? Hm.

strafer

uh

TKJKgBf.png

Mupod

I was wondering why all of a sudden every invasion started off going extremely fast and then petered out into an hour long slog. I guess this is that logout thing everyone's doing?

I thought about bugging my friend and his guild for a moose mount but meh. I'd never use it. I also know absolutely no mechanics so I'd be dead weight. Was pretty funny how high up on the meters I was in LFR though, I know it's LFR but this DK basically had 1 day of work put into him and all I did was blindly follow weakauras.

I do have quite a bit of gold lying around but I'd never spend it on a cosmetic thing...except maybe Tier 3.

Ark

I haven't been this hyped for anything WoW related ever. I'm prepared for disappointment but holy shit I need Legion so badly. And I've got so much to do before Legion hits as well.

Hshdhfuntntnrj I need the weekend now. Three days of work left and I can no-life the shit out of Legion.

Auctopus

If I wanted to go back and do some Loremastering I skipped or missed out on, is it as simple as turning low-level questing on and searching for quest givers?

Mitch

Banned
If I wanted to go back and do some Loremastering I skipped or missed out on, is it as simple as turning low-level questing on and searching for quest givers?
Yep. There are a couple great addons that help you figure out which quests you haven't done as well.

Lanrutcon

There's a mod that makes things easier. It shows your progress as well as where every quest is, including some hard to find ones. Don't have a link here at work, but it should be easy to google.

Sölf

Yes it is. And since the Cataclysm revamp you basically level through the whole zone and get Loremaster for the zone if you do everything.

My Hunter reached 92. Let's see what level he gets today. I will probably just do Invasions normally to get some chests, since I get a level every 1-2 Invasions anyway.

Mitch

Banned
I haven't been this hyped for anything WoW related ever. I'm prepared for disappointment but holy shit I need Legion so badly. And I've got so much to do before Legion hits as well.

Hshdhfuntntnrj I need the weekend now. Three days of work left and I can no-life the shit out of Legion.
I'm optimistic.

This time around I don't plan on raiding in an organized group, so the need to get to max level ASAP in order to gear isn't a priority. Plus I'm working Tuesday through Thursday, which means I won't be powering through everything in one go.

It took me about 15-16 hours to hit 100 during WoD, so if I had to guess, I'll be 110 before Friday, which I have off.

Shahadan

Whatever happens it'll be the worst expansion ever© at some point

Auctopus

Yep. There are a couple great addons that help you figure out which quests you haven't done as well.

There's a mod that makes things easier. It shows your progress as well as where every quest is, including some hard to find ones. Don't have a link here at work, but it should be easy to google.

Sölf;214815624 said:
Yes it is. And since the Cataclysm revamp you basically level through the whole zone and get Loremaster for the zone if you do everything.

My Hunter reached 92. Let's see what level he gets today. I will probably just do Invasions normally to get some chests, since I get a level every 1-2 Invasions anyway.

Thanks, guys. I left WoW shortly after Cata but have caught the bug again recently. I've been levelling Dwarf Fury Warrior who is much more fun to play than my old Hunter now. I've managed to get to L76 in the last few weeks mainly via questing and have just really enjoyed it. Considered doing Loremaster once I'm done questing in Legion.

Thanks again. Sadly, on Mac (I'll have a gaming PC soon) some add-ons aren't available to me. I'll do some research.

Mupod

Very convenient long weekend right after launch. I'll need it to catch up to my friends who have far more free time. My main reason for returning is to run some 5-man stuff with them and raid casually, but I know my personality won't let that stand for long. I'll either quit or go REALLY hard on raiding until I burn out.

I actually know very little about this expansion going in. I've looked into some stuff like artifact weapons on a basic level but I haven't seen a glimpse of any new zones or dungeons.

it was hilarious to watch WoD go from 'omg this is so much better than cata and mop' to 'WORST SHIT EVER GG BLIZZ'

Lanrutcon

it's like you all want WoW to fail.

Just being realistic. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Plus there are a host of dickheads who are going to try their best to DDOS the launch into oblivion. I'm curious to see what Blizzard's strategy will be.

Shahadan

Launch better have problems otherwise people would be quick to claim that Legion failed to bring back sub numbers and that WoW is dead again.

Can you really imagine a smooth launch without a lot of "well of course no one is playing it anymore" posts?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sölf;214816602 said:
I am waiting for the "WoD was great, I wasn't forced to play 24/7" posts that will come a few weeks after release.

"I miss the days when there was nothing worth doing, Blizzard is making the game only for nolife nerds who can play 10 hours a day"

Mupod

Launch better have problems otherwise people would be quick to claim that Legion failed to bring back sub numbers and that WoW is dead again.

Can you really imagine a smooth launch without a lot of "well of course no one is playing it anymore" posts?

After Overwatch of all things had a smooth launch I'm not sure what kind of world we live in anymore. Anything could happen.

Somnia

Switched my DK over to Blood last night, got 100% geared out from Invasions. I haven't tanked in an MMO since EQ1 lol have always healed or DPS'd since Kunark in EQ1.

I was going to jump into some Warlord dungeons last night to get my feet wet, but held off. Nervous about tanking for my first time lol

Shahadan

Switched my DK over to Blood last night, got 100% geared out from Invasions. I haven't tanked in an MMO since EQ1 lol have always healed or DPS'd since Kunark in EQ1.

I was going to jump into some Warlord dungeons last night to get my feet wet, but held off. Nervous about tanking for my first time lol

If you're geared from invasions there is no real way you could fail tanking WoD heroics :x

Mupod

If you're geared from invasions there is no real way you could fail tanking WoD heroics :x

I'm invasion geared but after jumping back into the game with a character boost I had zero context for how good that gear actually IS. I jumped into the queue and was a bit concerned about tanking in normal mode of dungeons I ran a million times back at WoD launch. Then I ran one and I was like...oh. Afterwards I logged into my old mythic foundry druid who was one of the best geared in his day and I saw he was about 700. My DK is now 701.

I'll probably run a few heroic dungeons tonight for practice. I don't know if I want to spend a ton of time in dungeons (early) in the expansion as I feel like that is why I always finish questing way earlier than I want to.

Azzurri

Man, Hunter's are so good at soloing old content. I know every class can do it, but hunters just blaze through it.

Doing it on my mage it still gives me some problems because of low armor and health and now self heals.

Somnia

I figured as much, but still :)

I'll probably jump in this weekend just to get my feet wet before Legion. Figure I'll do normal/heroic Legion dungeons as I level up if they are story related. I don't want to "rush" Legion like I usually do in MMO's (easier said than done). The guild I'm in is really small and were only doing Heroic Raiding not Mythic and only twice a week so I'm not feeling pressured to hit everything right away.

Ark

I'm optimistic.

This time around I don't plan on raiding in an organized group, so the need to get to max level ASAP in order to gear isn't a priority. Plus I'm working Tuesday through Thursday, which means I won't be powering through everything in one go.

It took me about 15-16 hours to hit 100 during WoD, so if I had to guess, I'll be 110 before Friday, which I have off.

I'm going to be raiding properly for the first time since WoTLK (didn't play Cata or MoP though tbf), so I'm really excited for that. Although I'm not expecting too much from the Emerald Nightmare.

Every expansion always is ;)

MuggerMD

Banned
Playing around on my disc priest and noticed a couple things in regards to taking Grace;

The absorb bonus benefits PW Shield (wasn't sure about that originally cause the tool tip says all Non Atonement spells are benefited. And PW Shield is kind of an atonement spell???)

The absorb benefit for Clarity of Will seemed to double some times according to the tool tip, unless its just a tool tip error. But it was random, I'd apply Atonement and cast it, sometimes it would double some times it would just be the 30% increase,

Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Do absorbs crit? Haven't played in years, and forgot everything!

Rizzi

I probably should have gone tailoring/enchanting on my mage instead of herbalism/enchanting.
I just don't want to level up tailoring.. Need so much cloth.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm thinking about coming back. I've a hunter level 71 and a 85 death knight both on the German server nethrazim...anyone here playing on that server? Should I get on another server and use the lvl 100 coupon I get with my collectors edition so I can play with EU wow gaf?

Help me wow gaf. I don't want to come back and be so lost that I insta-quit :D!

mileS

I haven't caught up with the changes to professions for legion. From what I heard it sounds like gathering is pretty much essential now. Which is honestly a good change overall.

What is looking good for legion? When I boost my 60 mage I think I will go tailoring/enchanting. I have tons of alts but have yet to have any of those profs. Mostly because how annoying they are to level really. A free catch up with the boost will be great.

Top Bottom