• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sölf

How many lvl 100s do you guys have?
What are your plans for playing alts? As moneymakers or for fun/raiding etc?

Normally I only have a single max level character. I had one level 100 and level 98 before the pre event. Thanks to that, I now have 3 level 100 and another one at 94 who I will definitly level up. I may try to level my 90 Shaman and/or 75 Rogue to 100 as well. Need to play those artifact quests!

iammeiam

I just use a tab target macro instead. Mostly because I had no idea the targeting was built in to LT+A. My /targetenemy macro seems to work better, and I have the muscle memory for my key combo so I just don't use LT+A lol. Kind of a pain, but I've set it up on all my characters now.

I spent some time dummying up a controller experience as close to the FFXIV one as possible, so I went and found Smart Targeting and bound it to D-Pad Right with no trigger, then bound Last Enemy to left. It's just the actual tab function occasionally targeting enemies that makes no sense that drives me nuts. Also in invasions it would occasionally only want to target enemy faction players, which was irritating.

I am incredibly interested in this. I would love to have movement with the joysticks, and I feel like with some kind of "shift" mechanic, there would be plenty of buttons on the controller for movement and combat.

Only thing I'm not sure about is targeting and mouse cursor use. Do you change to keyboard and mouse when going through menus/bags/character screen and such?

ConsolePort introduces a snap-cursor thing for menu/bag navigation where use a D-Pad to move a selector around bags and menus.

For things where you have to click (looting, fishing, ground targeting, etc) you can use a button to unlock the cursor and use the right thumbstick to move it around. Mine has R3 bound to unlock the cursor, and then L3/R3 act as right and left click. Since I have an Elite controller, I have paddles bound to R3 and L3 and use those to get into and out of mouse mode fairly quickly.

You can bind things to act as modifiers--I have LT and RT as my modifiers, and am running something based on what's shown in this video. I have some non-skill things bound to buttons without a trigger held down (jump, targeting, etc), then 10 buttons (D-Pad, A/B/X/Y, LB, RB) with three different modifiers (LT, RT, LT+RT) available. Post-7.0, it's more than enough space for everything I've tried (even Druid, since bar 1 remaps with form shifts, all manages to fit). There's also a wheel you can lock things to for stuff you might want to access out of combat, and a raid cursor you can use to target party members although I've yet to get that feeling fluid enough to try healing.

The only thing I still need to figure out is how to change what the Extra Action Button and vehicle buttons bind to. The guy who makes ConsolePort has a hotbar replacement plugin I was using for a while that this all works with, but 7.0 broke it and I got hooked on the customizability Bartender had.

Daniel R

To answer my own question.
I have 48 max lvl characters. Can get two more demon hunters if I want to.

I will see how the expansion plays out, but if it's easy to make money passively I will level a lot of these alts.

My main is a mage since 2007.

I am incredibly interested in this. I would love to have movement with the joysticks, and I feel like with some kind of "shift" mechanic, there would be plenty of buttons on the controller for movement and combat.

Only thing I'm not sure about is targeting and mouse cursor use. Do you change to keyboard and mouse when going through menus/bags/character screen and such?

It's totally doable. The defaults allow you to map the entire bottom row of action bars using LT and RT as triggers, and using the face buttons + arrow buttons. You even get a dedicated jump button in A.

there are klugy mouse workarounds for when controls don't snap, and they are a bit of a pain to be honest. You use the thumbstick to control the cursor. But apart from that it's all good.

Zelias

Banned
How many lvl 100s do you guys have?
What are your plans for playing alts? As moneymakers or for fun/raiding etc?
Every class at 100 Horde side.

Alliance I have Priest/Monk/Shaman/Warrior, but I'm a Horde at heart so now they're just there for Alliance storyline stuff or whatever. I levelled Horde versions of those classes using invasions.

So... 16 total?

Edit: Plan wise... level my DK or DH first (not sure which yet, leaning DK but Frost is underwhelming even though its fun). Level a healer maybe. Do other alts over the course of the expac.

mclem

For the last time prior to Legion:

If any GAF member who plays on EU Alliance would like to get an Archimonde heroic kill for the mount before it goes away, get in touch with me on my battle.net ID; quote to reveal it below:

I expect that we'll do a run tonight, which if so would be from 20:30 server time in the EU. We had some GAFfers along last week, so they can attest that it *ought* to result in a kill! We aren't the greatest guild, though, so it may be a bit scrappy getting there.

ConsolePort introduces a snap-cursor thing for menu/bag navigation where use a D-Pad to move a selector around bags and menus.

For things where you have to click (looting, fishing, ground targeting, etc) you can use a button to unlock the cursor and use the right thumbstick to move it around. Mine has R3 bound to unlock the cursor, and then L3/R3 act as right and left click. Since I have an Elite controller, I have paddles bound to R3 and L3 and use those to get into and out of mouse mode fairly quickly.

You can bind things to act as modifiers--I have LT and RT as my modifiers, and am running something based on what's shown in this video. I have some non-skill things bound to buttons without a trigger held down (jump, targeting, etc), then 10 buttons (D-Pad, A/B/X/Y, LB, RB) with three different modifiers (LT, RT, LT+RT) available. Post-7.0, it's more than enough space for everything I've tried (even Druid, since bar 1 remaps with form shifts, all manages to fit). There's also a wheel you can lock things to for stuff you might want to access out of combat, and a raid cursor you can use to target party members although I've yet to get that feeling fluid enough to try healing.

The only thing I still need to figure out is how to change what the Extra Action Button and vehicle buttons bind to. The guy who makes ConsolePort has a hotbar replacement plugin I was using for a while that this all works with, but 7.0 broke it and I got hooked on the customizability Bartender had.

It's totally doable. The defaults allow you to map the entire bottom row of action bars using LT and RT as triggers, and using the face buttons + arrow buttons. You even get a dedicated jump button in A.

there are klugy mouse workarounds for when controls don't snap, and they are a bit of a pain to be honest. You use the thumbstick to control the cursor. But apart from that it's all good.

Thanks! I'll try downloading consoleport and wowmapper this evening. Should be fairly easy to undo if I don't like it, right?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Are these new Dalaran quests with generic mage guy required to access the new Legion zones? I did them once...but don't want to do them again on my alts if they are not required.

Just disable ConsolePort and shut down WowMapper and you'll be back where you were.

Yup. It comes with a default controller keyboard addon as well to type, but I always leave it disabled because I prefer using the actual keyboard for that. So it's very flexible. Wowmapper will actually update itself and the consoleport addon too,which is great, I don't have to go around downloading updates from curse and shit.

Fjordson

Are these new Dalaran quests with generic mage guy required to access the new Legion zones? I did them once...but don't want to do them again on my alts if they are not required.
Doubt it. I didn't do the first one on one of my alts and when I logged in yesterday he was automatically given the second quest.

They're pretty short, just think it's some background lore for those interested in that kinda thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm glad they gave us a whole week to do the second leg of the quest, it's so meaty.

if all of the quest had been avaialble from the start people would have been crying "omg 2 weeks with no new content", its the classic damned if you do damned if you dont.

edit: oh and the store is fucked? I tried to buy a appearance change to switch my lock to female to see if I feel it more with the better animations and not running like the hunchback of notredam, but I got a error and no transaction (at least I fucking hope there was no transaction)

I think thats the gods telling me to give up on the warlock >_>

Zelias

Banned
They're not. When Legion launches there'll be an NPC in the new Dalaran who will let you do them, but it's entirely optional and just for people who missed the pre-expac.

Shahadan

They're not. When Legion launches there'll be an NPC in the new Dalaran who will let you do them, but it's entirely optional and just for people who missed the pre-expac.

Actually they are mandatory to access the broken isles but you will be able to skip them if already done once

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I still am feeling the Shadow priest I am leveling but then I remember how sick the 2nd Unholy model is...

unholyDKArtifact04.jpg

I gotsta have it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man I still am feeling the Shadow priest I am leveling but them I remember how sick the 2nd Unholy model is...

I gotsta have it.

your artifact skill shits out a million zombies and you talking about shadow priest? priest?

first trolls and now priests? you truly are a degenerate

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
your artifact skill shits out a million zombies and you talking about shadow priest? priest?

first trolls and now priests? you truly are a degenerate

One of the Spriest artifact abilities is a proc for an old god tentacle that pops up and eats the mind of your target. That's cool!

Anoregon

Don't believe his lies! The Old Gods will kill us all, and the Shadow Priests are their gateway in!

Ilith qi'uothk shn'ma yeh'glu Shath'Yar! H'IWN IILTH!

Rizzi

Here's a convenient thing I noticed, Jaina leaves stormwind right before the demon hunter shows up to expose the demons inside the keep.

Rhaknar

Here's a convenient thing I noticed, Jaina leaves stormwind right before the demon hunter shows up to expose the demons inside the keep.

she also disapears from the broken shore scenario mid battle

edit: when the only Warlock hotfixes are:

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Destruction
Havoc now duplicates Channel Demonfire bolts cast on other targets.

Supernatural-Dean.gif

zeemumu

she also disapears from the broken shore scenario mid battle

Does she teleport out or does she just go away? She mentions in the council vote that the Horde left them to die at the Broken Shore so she'd would have had to have been there for that part to even make a statement like that, right? Then again, if she was there she could've just ported Varian back onto the airship.

I haven't seen the full fight from the alliance perspective but I did watch them fight from the top of the cliff.

Ret paladins don't do enough holy damage, especially since target where it's basically just judgement and sometimes justicars vengence.

I miss my seals and my baby hammer of wrath.

One of the Spriest artifact abilities is a proc for an old god tentacle that pops up and eats the mind of your target. That's cool!

Isn't that just the dragon soul greatsword proc.

I loved that proc actually.

I haven't played in years. I boosted my priest to 100, geared her out, got gold, leveled professions, got my heirloom trinket...

Now I don't know what to do until launch :(. I already have all the mounts and transmogs I care about. I don't play alts either

cdyhybrid

I haven't played in years. I boosted my priest to 100, geared her out, got gold, leveled professions, got my heirloom trinket...

Now I don't know what to do until launch :(. I already have all the mounts and transmogs I care about. I don't play alts either
Have you done invasions? They go away next week, I'd try and get the transmog appearances from them for that reason alone.

Wunder

Damn, how long did that take you? I'm still desperately trying to get my trinket 4 weeks in

Panthers

Damn, how long did that take you? I'm still desperately trying to get my trinket 4 weeks in

It's pure luck. Took me a while to get the trinket. My friend logged in after a long break and got 2 trinkets in about 3 Mythics. He got his before me. I was so mad lol.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I mean, you have a week until the expansion drops. So don't feel pressured to do anything.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah it's very RNG. On Monday night, a group of us did all of the mythic dungeons. One buddy did all of them, didn't get a single one and has been trying for the past couple of months he has been back. The other did I think did maybe 3-4 of them with us, and he got 3. He's only been back about 2 weeks now.

Panthers

Damnit my boss making me work all day Monday so I dont know if I will be able to stay awake for launch (I believe 3am for me) but after that got all week off.

I am going to try though. Never been logged on during a launch.

Kuntz

All these years of playing and i still don't understand why people type '123' when they want a damn summon...

You know what, in France for grouping and summoning and shit everyone just spams "+1"

Drives me nuts.

Also, you know what's terrible about CRZ? When you have a recruitment announcement and most of the people interested can't join because they're on totally different servers. It sucks because you know there's potential but you just can't.

Top Bottom