• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

I just found out that Mists of Pandaria raids can still be done on LFR. Is Mogu'shan Vaults possible to solo at that difficulty?

Depends on your gear, but I can easily solo it (740 tank)

The things that are potential show stoppers regardless of gear: trash before Garajal requires a ranged attack. Not sure if there are specs without any ranged attacks, but if you don't have any you'll be stuck on that wing.

Spirit Kings has an AoE stun from Subetai, you need to either be running fast when he casts it, or be able to break the stun (using an ability, or Draenic Living Action potion or something)

The worst thing about the auction house is sitting around wondering if/when your stuff is going to sell.

I've been trying to fundraise so I didn't have to come out of pocket for the last two orbs of mystery I need for the second Engineering Rocket, and I have 60k worth of stuff up there, but it doesn't do me any good if none of it sells. :(

M.D

The worst thing about the auction house is sitting around wondering if/when your stuff is going to sell.

I've been trying to fundraise so I didn't have to come out of pocket for the last two orbs of mystery I need for the second Engineering Rocket, and I have 60k worth of stuff up there, but it doesn't do me any good if none of it sells. :(

Are you on a small/med server? I'm on Maelstrom EU which is 150k pop and it takes me forever to sell transmog which is mostly what I deal in

Depends on your gear, but I can easily solo it (740 tank)

The things that are potential show stoppers regardless of gear: trash before Garajal requires a ranged attack. Not sure if there are specs without any ranged attacks, but if you don't have any you'll be stuck on that wing.

Spirit Kings has an AoE stun from Subetai, you need to either be running fast when he casts it, or be able to break the stun (using an ability, or Draenic Living Action potion or something)

The characters I'm wanting to go through it on are just a little over 700 so I might just wait until I've geared up from Legion.

Sölf

Hunter reached 100. In the last ~20 chests I saved I got no weapon, but all other slots are 700+.

So next up is either the 75 Rogue or the 90 Shaman.

ViciousDS

Banned
so whats quicker now

phase logging in dun morogh and barrens

or just flying now.....it seems like the insane 100k bonus from an invasion completion is killer along with the insane xp gain throughout all 4 phases would trump phase logging.

phase logging just seems good till your 60

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
so whats quicker now

or just flying now.....it seems like the insane 100k bonus from an invasion completion is killer along with the insane xp gain throughout all 4 phases would trump phase logging.

Phase logging has never been good. The spawns are very predictable and can easily be reached even with a ground mount.

Aeana

That feeling when you go to an old raid to get a piece of armor for transmog and you don't get the token, and then you check your appearances and realize that you got that piece of armor on another character years ago and you already have the appearance unlocked.

Sölf

problem is due to the increase in phase log, you end up with almost no one come the start of phase 3

I get the feeling that depends on where you do it. Northern Barrens was packed, same for Hillsbrad. Azshara was okay but Tanaris was a ghost town in comparison. Haven't been to Dun Morogh or Westfall since all invasions became active. But imo P3 is really good in Northern Barrens and Hillsbrad, where as Azshara and Tanaris are a bit more "meh" in comparison (you can't do a single loop and instead have to fly around from one end to the other and back).

Strimei

So I feel kinda dumb.

While waiting for enough bloods to spawn on Spine of Deathwing, I was browsing the legendaries for my class/spec just out of curiosity. I'm on my Outlaw Rogue, for the record.

As I'm looking at what does what, I see mention of "Between the Eyes".

"...the hell is that?" I got to thinking maybe its some ability I talented away to a passive or something...or maybe it is a passive?

Nope. Just another finishing move that I probably should've been using. Ah, way to go, me...

Pendas

Banned
so whats quicker now

IMO, Sentinel Hill 1-3.

Kharanos is packed and the amount of people make the exp shit. I was getting 13K per boss yesterday.

Westfall has enough people to finish quick, but not so many people that exp gets butchered. I get a solid 40-50K from all rares and they go down within a minute. Plus, the NMs are close enough you can do this without a flying mount.

Also, join / start a tag group for Phase 1. The exp can add up quick.

Xeteh

once I got flying it felt like the dun morogh phase 1&2 method was incredibly slow. Bosses in Phase 3+ give 3x xp, all you need to really do is get a port to shrine and your golden.

It felt faster even with slow mounts in the Barrens because it was still relatively easy to get to them, its just that no one does them now. It is frustrating.

What am I doing wrong with Sinestra? I get the message that the barrier protecting the eggs dissipates because she's using their power but half the time they just stay shielded. I've killed her before but I swear it seems totally random if the barrier actually drops or not.

Xeteh

I only have about 12k to my name (just returning). Debating dropping all of it just to get it over with lol.

If you're on Alliance in NA there's a guild that is been doing carry runs for free nightly, hardest part is just getting in the group because there's so many people but they've been doing it until they can't fill a group.

th3dude

If you're on Alliance in NA there's a guild that is been doing carry runs for free nightly, hardest part is just getting in the group because there's so many people but they've been doing it until they can't fill a group.

NA Horde. Thanks though.

I'm having an issue on my survival hunter where my pet is pulling off of tanks consistently. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like Flanking Strike is taunting off of the tank?

The pet doesn't have growl, and as far as I can tell, there's no threat toggle I'm missing.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Magnus

I tried grinding more invasions and got bored so fast. I mean, yeah, it's the fastest levelling there is, right, but wow. Repeating Steps 1 and 2 for 3 levels on my DK (60-63) and I'm totally wiped.

How did some of you do it from 1-100? Jesus.

I tried grinding more invasions and got bored so fast. I mean, yeah, it's the fastest levelling there is, right, but wow. Repeating Steps 1 and 2 for 3 levels on my DK (60-63) and I'm totally wiped.

How did some of you do it from 1-100? Jesus.

I'm doing it on multiple characters. orz

I stay for the whole invasion once I get my flying mount. The tedium is too much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People really put value in something just because its being removed huh?

I mean if you think the moose looks amazing and its the only mount you will ever use more power to you, to each its own I guess.

Maybe its because I was never that "stand around in ironforge in my rare mount" type of guy that I don't see the big deal about it.

Not shitting on people wanting it or buying it, just dont really get it :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ya, no one is bothering with anything past stage 2 anymore.

Stage 3 is the only one I sorta enjoyed at this point.
Holy Buff Stage 3 was the best.

Now it's boring. I'm gonna get my Shaman up to 100 and stop.

Dugna

It felt faster even with slow mounts in the Barrens because it was still relatively easy to get to them, its just that no one does them now. It is frustrating.

What am I doing wrong with Sinestra? I get the message that the barrier protecting the eggs dissipates because she's using their power but half the time they just stay shielded. I've killed her before but I swear it seems totally random if the barrier actually drops or not.

Alittle late response to the sinestra part but, when that message appears you have to keep doing dmg to her to make the mana she has keep going down. that insures the shields drop, if you see that message and drop dpsing her they can end up not dropping because of how dmg makes her mana bar bounce up and down sometimes....

I don't know what it is but I seem to be attracted to the two most unpopular specs right now; demonology and retribution. Part of it is definitely the artifacts but I'm also getting quite a bit of fun out of them. Although, I'm enjoying affliction quite a bit as well. I just hate that the artifact scythe seems to float away from the back while sheathed.

Xeteh

Alittle late response to the sinestra part but, when that message appears you have to keep doing dmg to her to make the mana she has keep going down. that insures the shields drop, if you see that message and drop dpsing her they can end up not dropping because of how dmg makes her mana bar bounce up and down sometimes....

I'll give that a shot then because I am stopping as soon as I see the message. Thanks!

Zelias

Banned
Yeah, its insanely frustrating when you want the large chests and it takes forever to finish.
That's why I'm glad I got all the characters I was levelling to 100 and got all the weapon transmogs and don't have to do them anymore. I mean I could still get some gear for characters but... yeah, I think I've had my fill.

Bane

I just want the moose because I like to have thematic mounts. I recently boosted a shaman and it looks like a very shamany mount to me.

Savitar

So I'm guessing they have yet to fix the no XP kill credit when you die in invasions?

Nope, you die you lose it, so make sure to tag them quick.

Melee really draw the short end of the stick for this but it's one of those things you got to deal with.

Top Bottom