• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

RPGCrazied

Wow, is this the first expansion they didn't officially announce the collectors edition? I still have no clue what the mousepad will look like.

Shahadan

Back to waffling about which classes to play in Legion. This is the first time in my WoW career that I've ever really considered maining something other than priest.

But this is the first time all our three specs are fun ;(

Then again we have a shitty class hall

Quantum

I used to play WoW - level cap on release of vanilla and perhaps about a year around 2012. (my max char was 85 when I resubbd)

I've recently started playing a lot of blizzards games and figured I'd jump back in.

I have leveled a pally to 100 with the invasions - he is perked as retribution and has most of the event equip - and now is ilvl 702. I am completely confused as to my next step.

I have almost no dungeon or teaming experience but am interested in learning without the criticism that usually is reserved for level cap noobs - although the invasions seem to have encouraged it.

- doesn't make sense to PUG until I figure out my role, but
- reading the web is driving me nuts - the rotations I've read about all seem outdated
- while some of the procs are familiar, the toon feels completely different - very little AOE, no team buffs.

looking for suggestions I guess - US/aggramar/alliance

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Like, just a single change in any of the 5 or 6 areas where Affliction is sucking. Just one. Make history here, guys.

Or do something with Demo. I'm not going to lie, a little love for any lock spec would make a lot of folks happy.

There's an almost complete consensus on Demonic Empowerment needing to change, but I'm still worried that it's too ingrained into the spec for them to be able to much with it. It's a total albatross on the players, but it might also be for the devs. Multiple talents and artifact traits interact with it, so turning into something that isn't awful might require too much overall re-working of the spec than we are likely to see in any patch that isn't X.0. At the very least it would require changing the mastery.

Magnus

Are Taro and co. doing more moose runs tonight?

I fucked up and missed my guild's final moose run. Just can't make raid times these days...

th3dude

Check your PMs.

Also if anyone else on US - Horde needs a moose, I can probably carry one or two other people tomorrow, Thursday August 25th at 11PM EDT. We may be full clearing and not starting with Manno/Archimonde, but we'll get there within a couple hours.

If interested add my battletag here (quote to see):

Please PM me your battletag so I can confirm who I'm adding.

Again, I can only accommodate 1-3 people or so depending on your gear/understanding of the fight. We will likely not be doing this at any other time, so get in if you can and are interested!

PMd you back!

notworksafe

After pining after this mount for nine years, I finally snagged the Raven Lord! Very excited!

CqrivrLUEAAOqtc.jpg:large

Also for the first time in a while I have a class dilemma. Not sure if I want to level a Paladin, Monk, or Druid. Always been a Paladin tank main but they seem a little dull in Legion. Monk is a ton of fun but Druid is usually the much better leather tank. Tough choices all around!

Entropia

No One Remembers
I am very pleased with where priest is at for Legion, it's just that now I have a bunch of other healers at 100 and I can't decide. They're all good.

I understand that. Are you raiding? Are you compelled to play one class over another because of group comp at all?

iirate

I am very pleased with where priest is at for Legion, it's just that now I have a bunch of other healers at 100 and I can't decide. They're all good.

I feel like they really nailed healer balance this time. There's no way to be sure it'll stay that way, but at least in t19 the best and the worst don't feel that different from one another. Maybe the only failing will be disc's viability in mythic+, but maybe that'll get better too.

FeD.nL

Pff, was dead set on Blood DK becoming my main, but now I'm thinking it might be prot pally. Love how meaty Consec sounds.

Auctopus

Just read that Dungeon XP is going with Legion. Is that just for Legion dungeons or is it happening for Vanilla through WoD too.

Ryan_MSF

If any guilds horde side in the EU can run me for a moose i'll send you dank harambe memes for the next 2 weeks directly to your inbox.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just read that Dungeon XP is going with Legion. Is that just for Legion dungeons or is it happening for Vanilla through WoD too.

Is that actually true? I did a dungeon on my shaman during beta, and I am fairly certain that I got XP, I could queue for dungeons, etc.

You do get quests that lead into the dungeons as well at the end of each zone.

carlsojo

Is that actually true? I did a dungeon on my shaman during beta, and I am fairly certain that I got XP, I could queue for dungeons, etc.

As far as I know, you still get exp, but it's no longer the best way to level.

Auctopus

I read on a "Pre-Legion Checklist" on /r/wow that the XP will now be minimal, feels like it's to stop dungeon levelling characters :/

Instead the quest that you mentioned at the end of each zone will contain a huge amount of XP.

Mupod

I don't want to rush leveling but as a tank I always run dungeons as they come up. Nerfing dungeon XP doesn't actually bug me much since I still enjoy questing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
As far as I know, you still get exp, but it's no longer the best way to level.

I read on a "Pre-Legion Checklist" on /r/wow that the XP will now be minimal, feels like it's to stop dungeon levelling characters :/

Instead the quest that you mentioned at the end of each zone will contain a huge amount of XP.

Ah, I see what you mean. I guess I understand where that is coming from. Leveling straight through dungeons is silly, and especially given how cohesive the quests and stories are in the zones now. I'm sure that will change back at some point.

And to answer your original question, I imagine tat Vanilla/TBC/Wrath/Cata/MoP/WoD won't be changed like that.

e90Mark

I used to play WoW - level cap on release of vanilla and perhaps about a year around 2012. (my max char was 85 when I resubbd)

I've recently started playing a lot of blizzards games and figured I'd jump back in.

I have leveled a pally to 100 with the invasions - he is perked as retribution and has most of the event equip - and now is ilvl 702. I am completely confused as to my next step.

I have almost no dungeon or teaming experience but am interested in learning without the criticism that usually is reserved for level cap noobs - although the invasions seem to have encouraged it.

- doesn't make sense to PUG until I figure out my role, but
- reading the web is driving me nuts - the rotations I've read about all seem outdated
- while some of the procs are familiar, the toon feels completely different - very little AOE, no team buffs.

looking for suggestions I guess - US/aggramar/alliance

Just read up on icy-veins or wowhead.
Both have good pve guides that will explain your class/role and help you understand the changes to master the class.

Can't really figure out which class to play. Although I've ruled out leather wearing classes

Priest?Shammy? or DK?

Those artifact weapons are just gorgeous

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm also in the "not sure what to play" boat.

Chances are, I will stick with my Shaman. I would love to play DH and tank, but two of the guys that are in my little guild (we plan to mostly just do casual heroic raiding and such) refuse to do anything other than tanking.

notworksafe

Sounds like me lol. I healed through Vanilla and BC and hated it ever since, tanking only forever for me. But in my guild no one else wants to do it so that works out perfectly.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Can't really figure out which class to play. Although I've ruled out leather wearing classes

Priest?Shammy? or DK?

Those artifact weapons are just gorgeous
Which specs?

The Ele Shammy Artifact... I hate it. The shield is friggin tiny as hell. Fist weapons are cool, but limited transmog options :(

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so 100% solid on Enh Shaman being my main. SOOOOO fun.

My "main alt" is what I'm torn on. Likely won't be my lock. My priest has been main or main-alt for two expansions now.. so I am sort of ready to hang him up for an expansion.. the only thing stopping me is that shadow priest is incredible.. so

shadow priest - for the first time every they have completely nailed this spec. abilities, rotation, and fantasy. possibly one of the most compelling specs in the game IMHO currently.

Fire Mage - Blizz loves them. The community loves them. I love them. Also my only character that has been (mostly) legit leveled from level 1 (the only cheese was 93-100 on invasions as she was my 2nd alt)

Demon Hunter - Was really turned off on the class in the opening area.. then further during the few invasions I initially ran.. But going for my second glaive and pants (seriously, like 15 invasions to get the damn pants transmog...) the class sort of clicked for me. It's like an ARPG class inside of an MMORPG. Very fluid, very cool.

Paladin - If I decide to go with a tank alt.. this is the most likely as she is on Horde. Unfortunately I still have 38 levels to get through invasions... :p But I've always wanted to try tanking on a paladin, hence why I rolled one when I resubbed. That invasions happened for getting her to 100 pre-expansion was an unexpected bonus.

Warrior - This would be my second tank choice. It would be my first IF he was horde.. but I am determined to give alliance a try at some point for once in 12 years... and this guy is possibly my best bet..

Hunter - Doubting I am going to bother with him. He's alliance, and I haven't really liked it so far.. then again I specced BM.. Still if I was going to work hard on alliance it would probably be my draenei warrior..

thoughts so far are

fire mage >> spriest = prot paladin >> rest shaman >>>> prot Warrior = Veng Demon Hunter >>> Havoc DH >>>> any hunter

Mupod

I'm still pretty set on DK but I have nothing against druids. If nothing else I like playing my druid because anyone who played in vanilla/BC from my server would recognize me and that feels good. But according to my friend who brought me out of retirement, his guild is extremely leather-heavy - that alone isn't enough for me to pick a class but it gave me the idea to choose DK.

Last time I went moonkin out of necessity and didn't hate that raiding experience. But I still preferred tanking. By the time our guild ended up caster-heavy and tank-light I would have had to relearn every encounter on Mythic from the tank perspective and completely re-gear my character - ain't nobody got time for that. So I'm going to try and stubbornly stick with the tank role this time especially with the apparent new emphasis on 5 man content.

In the end I guess those DK artifact weapons are the tiebreaker. Goddamn they are so cool.

Robin64

Retribution paladin for life, through thick and thin, for my main. But I am pretty excited about fire mage being my "main alt", have to say.

Quantum

Just read up on icy-veins or wowhead.
Both have good pve guides that will explain your class/role and help you understand the changes to master the class.

thanks -
I don't know why I didn't think about icy veins, I was using it for my DH and WD in D3 - I didn't connect that they cover all blizzard.

still feeling like a very solo oriented game for me at this point.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
still feeling like a very solo oriented game for me at this point.

I agree, BUT it's also fully within your control, which is nice. Even without guilding, you still have the ability to work through Group Finder to tackle the non-solo content you want to (Mythic dungeons, Normal or Heroic raids, world quests, etc) WoW seems to be in a really sweet spot right now.. Where the only thing the non-hardcore are probably locked out from is Mythic raiding, or maybe Mythic+ dungeons at a certain level. Everything else you can either "solo" through LFD and LFR, or take a more online gaming approach through Group Finder.

Zelias

Banned
Still deciding between Death Knight and Demon Hunter. Currently leaning DK, but I hope they lessen the gap between Frost and Unholy. The former is by far my preferred spec :/

Are there any cons leveling up as a MW healer in Legion? Or should I just level up as WW? My main concern is with the artifact weapon and leveling it as I level. Is it also true that XP isn't that great in dungeons? Dungeon runs are my favorite :(

lazygecko

Are there any cons leveling up as a MW healer in Legion? Or should I just level up as WW? My main concern is with the artifact weapon and leveling it as I level. Is it also true that XP isn't that great in dungeons? Dungeon runs are my favorite :(

Dungeon XP was crap in WoD at least. It definitely feels like Blizzard is trying to steer people away from dungeons as a leveling alternative within current content.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
MW is going to be slower. It's not like you can't do it though. Should not really worry about artifact power too much while leveling, and you can save some of the rewards and just use them with your MW artifact equipped. Dungeon XP is fine but not great. If smeone really, really wants to do that there is nothing stopping them, but you're going to do them all at cap anyways. I can't really think of any expansion where dungeon leveling was the most viable path for experience on launch...but maybe I'm just forgetting something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant take some time off for Legion (well for launch), the dream is dead fam ;_;

I do have launch night off at least,monday and teusday, thats just my regular days off

Top Bottom