• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

So I logged out at Sinestra earlier and now the floor is fixed and I can't get down to her. Is there a way to open it?

Bah, now I'm in the awkward pre-expansion dance where all my friends are trying to pick a dps class to main but no one wants to commit first and lock other people out of what they might want to play. Somebody's juat gotta bite the bullet and say they're going DH despite the resentment it will cause.

Meanwhile I just can't decide what healer to play. I've always played disc/shadow but I'm not sure I'm feeling the disc rework. It reminds me of the start of Cata where you had to build archangel stacks through smiting for mana regen and increased healing. It was unique and hard to master (which made it satisfying to play), but it ultimately was of questionable worth relative to what other healers could do without the same effort. It really seems like they've quadrupled down on that design for Legion and I'm not sure it will be viable. It just seems like you put your group at an unnecessary disadvantage so you can play a weird but cool style at their expense. I vastly prefer it to the inevitable shield spam play style that disc becomes at the end of every expansion but this might be a bridge too far in terms of being half a healer.

Druid seems like they will end up the default choice for Mythic+ given how their mastery works, but balance is as boring to me as retribution for non-healing gameplay. I like the class fantasy of shamans but I'll probably end up going holy just because it's always been my main, hard to walk away from max fishing/archeology. Disc just seems like a big gamble at the moment in terms of being relevant down the line in raids/Mythic+ and my friend group would prefer I play a more straightforward and beneficial healer.

I also thought about tanking to try to mix things up but I doubt there's much crossover in terms of skill set and I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. Hard to get a feel for what it's really like because everyone is so over geared nowadays that nothing really matters. Fun to do old raids with a blood dk though, and I imagine that pvp is petty interesting on a tank as well.

Concept17

Helcular has the best lines of all the invasion announcers. Would love to see him start showing up in more content.

Literally the only stand out in the invasions. He don't care who is invading, he's just there to put them in their damn place. This is HIS house.

NA Horde. Thanks though.

Check your PMs.

Also if anyone else on US - Horde needs a moose, I can probably carry one or two other people tomorrow, Thursday August 25th at 11PM EDT. We may be full clearing and not starting with Manno/Archimonde, but we'll get there within a couple hours.

If interested add my battletag here (quote to see):

Please PM me your battletag so I can confirm who I'm adding.

Again, I can only accommodate 1-3 people or so depending on your gear/understanding of the fight. We will likely not be doing this at any other time, so get in if you can and are interested!

Kintaco

Thanks to whoever posted the watchtaro link. I got my moose mount tonight on the 3rd of the night, the first one I actually tried signing up for. Easy peasy.

Now to get my toons in Stormrage to 100. Anyone else play in Stormrage-US? I picked it as my PVE Alliance server, have other toons in Darkspear. RAF and invasions have been tremendous, about to have 10 level 90s on there soon with a slot for DH and the last slot for the boost. Too bad I'm broke as hell because I leveled doing invasions.

All this is crazy considering I was attending my final semester of college this fall and would have probably missed on the Legion stuff as the semester just started. But life threw me a curve ball and now I'm missing school due to surgery I just had to remove a malignant tumor. But these crazy invasions has allowed me to cope with the post surgery pain and other stresses that came from my diagnosis.

Swig_

How quickly can you earn 10-20K gold? I just started playing again after not playing since WotLK. I really would like the moose, but I dont know if I can earn enough money quickly enough.

manhack

How quickly can you earn 10-20K gold? I just started playing again after not playing since WotLK. I really would like the moose, but I dont know if I can earn enough money quickly enough.

This guy is hosting Free Moose Runs each night. I got mine tonight and it was fairly easy. Make sure to watch and read the guide and it is fairly painless.

Completed Nagrand, did the Iron Docks and the moment I established Vol'mar I logged out. I just can't go back to Tanaan and think I would rather boost a Warlock (i wanna see what the fuss is with Demo), Shaman or Druid through Invasions instead

Lanrutcon

Completed Nagrand, did the Iron Docks and the moment I established Vol'mar I logged out. I just can't go back to Tanaan and think I would rather boost a Warlock (i wanna see what the fuss is with Demo), Shaman or Druid through Invasions instead

Shamans and Druids are safe bets atm, given their range of specs.

Nere

The only thing really bugging me right now is that stupid character screen. Is there any mod making it show more information? Not showing your movement speed is really stupid among other things.

Rizzi

Taro is good people.
4lracrq.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I cringed. I've not tried BM myself, but is there anything in that three button rotation that can really seperate a good player from a not so good player?
Based on what I've seen on live...people find a way to mess anything up.

Lanrutcon

I cringed. I've not tried BM myself, but is there anything in that three button rotation that can really seperate a good player from a not so good player?

Time your buffs to coincide with trinket procs, and don't resource starve yourself.

Aka 2 general guidelines to all specs.

Tenebrous

Based on what I've seen on live...people find a way to mess anything up.

True, but you know what I mean. If I were to log a hunter & check out Icy Veins or something, what could a veteran hunter do with those 3 abilities that I couldn't? Is there any skillful play there?

Time your buffs to coincide with trinket procs, and don't resource starve yourself.

Aka 2 general guidelines to all specs.

I'll take that as a no.

Wunder

I hope they dont tweak BM too much, I love my hunter for my ranged dps alt because its so easy to jump in and not have to pay too much attention. I think there's some benefit to having a couple specs like that in the game

Sölf

Well, 2 more Dread Infilitrator kills and I got 2 more Fel Spreader. So now I have 2 spare ones I can either sell or give to friends. :0

I hope they dont tweak BM too much, I love my hunter for my ranged dps alt because its so easy to jump in and not have to pay too much attention. I think there's some benefit to having a couple specs like that in the game
The problem is, some people may like what the spec is about (like focusing on the pet in the case of BM) but don't want it to be one of those specs.

Talents can (and should) be used to allow choosing between a relaxed and more demanding playstyle.

Mupod

The moose is a requirement if you're Canadian.

I thought of this angle, but my bear also applies and is cooler anyways. I wouldn't say no to a run but I won't bend over backwards for it.

In other mount-related news I learned that the two-part blood queen achievement for the ICC mount needs to be done on one character. I was really confused why my DK had no progress on it considering I cleared ICC on my druid one time, and one way or the other I'd have gotten a kill either as a vampire or not. So I'd given up on finishing the achievement until I checked my druid this morning and he had gotten an 'as a vampire' kill on his one run. So hopefully I can get my DK his dumb frost wyrm before Legion. Although I guess it'd be no big deal to dip into ICC considering my class hall is going to be right on top of it...time to farm Invincible maybe?

Ark

So recruit a friend, heirlooms, and invasions makes for an incredible time.

In one hour me and a friend went from level 10 to level 46. Often getting two levels per boss kill. It's fucking insane, we're probably going to level multiple alts to 90. I'm actually gunna have every class :eek:

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Just the timing of Dire Beast in relation to the remaining CD. like using DB when there's only 3s left on the CD.

Frankly I get the fuss, but also think it's just that, fuss. Many of the classes have a spec that's not overly difficult to play. And for those specs to do reasonable damage is not unexpected as you don't want to give people playing those specs the idea that they're not contributing.

And BM isn't exactly three buttons. You still have your offensive cool downs like murder of crows and stampede. You still have defensive cool downs, utility etc. yes you'll be hitting the same three buttons most of the time but there is something there to keep people a little more engaged who care about it.

That's my two cents. Obviously blizzard will do what they do. And the community will keep complaining.

I did get my paladin 24 levels last night. I got her from 23 to 62 so far just from invasions. I'm not sure that I'm going to take her all the way to 100, but will see. At this point I almost feel I have to just that I've already gotten her 39 levels. What's another 38?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
One of the Blizzard forum CM's popped into the warlock forums last night to essentially say "Hey guys, I'll try to gather some feedback and show it to the devs."

So maybe something will happen, who knows. I love the fact that they apparently didn't care about months worth of beta feedback but now that launch is less than a week away it's finally time to realize "hey wait maybe there are some issues here."

Lanrutcon

One of the Blizzard forum CM's popped into the warlock forums last night to essentially say "Hey guys, I'll try to gather some feedback and show it to the devs."

So maybe something will happen, who knows. I love the fact that they apparently didn't care about months worth of beta feedback but now that launch is less than a week away it's finally time to realize "hey wait maybe there are some issues here."

Like, just a single change in any of the 5 or 6 areas where Affliction is sucking. Just one. Make history here, guys.

Or do something with Demo. I'm not going to lie, a little love for any lock spec would make a lot of folks happy.

Kuntz

Tried destrolock and clearing firelands 10 heroic was 5 times quicker than clearing it in normal as demonology. Wow

Son1x

Anyone knows of any good quest addons? I'm trying to complete all the quests in several zones, but searching for the last ones take quite some time.

mileS

Props to all the people helping gaf members get a moose mount! You guys rock

In other news I hope they sort out that 'loading hotfix' shit when you first log on.

Lanrutcon

Anyone knows of any good quest addons? I'm trying to complete all the quests in several zones, but searching for the last ones take quite some time.

There's one specifically tailored to the Loremaster achievements (which involve doing the majority of the quests in each zone of the game).

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/loremasteraddon

Note: it may stop working in Legion, given that they are clamping down on API calls which involve positioning. Dunno if TomTom will survive.

Mupod

Shit, maybe I should finally level my old undead Warrior with this invasion stuff. Haven't touched him since BC, because I leveled a Goblin warrior in cataclysm to see the new questing stuff. And at some point during MoP I was convinced by a RL friend to scroll of resurrection him onto a different server as Alliance. 2 months later his girlfriend got ganked by some horde (it was like a 99% alliance pop pvp server) so they both transferred to a PVE server. So I have a 90 dwarf munsoned on Kel'Thuzad as well if I gave enough of a shit to bring him back to Burning Blade.

I had an incredible amount of playtime on the undead warrior as he was basically my bloodthirsty PVP alter ego. Few people even knew it was me which was funny since my druid was an infamous carebear. So the undead has sentimental value even though the goblin was cooler. Well, I'm in WoW mode and need an excuse to play some more...

Aeana

Back to waffling about which classes to play in Legion. This is the first time in my WoW career that I've ever really considered maining something other than priest.

Top Bottom