• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Call in sick! ;)

would never do that, I actually care about the people I work with. Hell im the one that stepped up and said "u know maybe its best if I take the second and third weeks off so peeps can catch up on their days off"

someone was just on vacation also and peeps have been having like 1 day off a week only to make up for it, its a small team. One guy has been going 6 days straight, 1 off, 6 days straight >_>

Oh well, good guy Rhak till the end. No biggie ill still have some time off shortly after

13thStep

I've mained a warlock since late in BC, will they be any good in Legion? I was Destro for WoD. Will it matter which spec I pick now or am I in for a bad time regardless?

Entropia

No One Remembers
would never do that, I actually care about the people I work with. Hell im the one that stepped up and said "u know maybe its best if I take the second and third weeks off so peeps can catch up on their days off"

someone was just on vacation also and peeps have been having like 1 day off a week only to make up for it, its a small team. One guy has been going 6 days straight, 1 off, 6 days straight >_>

Oh well, good guy Rhak till the end. No biggie ill still have some time off shortly after

Don't encourage that stupidity. It shows a personal lack of integrity and disrespect for your employer.

If you want to take days off, then request it through the proper procedure, instead of calling in "sick" when you clearly are not.

I wasn't being serious. Don't worry.

Good on ya Rhak for being a team player. :0

ampere

I've mained a warlock since late in BC, will they be any good in Legion? I was Destro for WoD. Will it matter which spec I pick now or am I in for a bad time regardless?

Try it out and see if you like the gameplay changes. Their dps will be fine, but you might not like the new gameplay.

Tacitus_

Finally dinged my priest. 17 hours for 1-100 is pretty good, especially for a goblin. Could've saved some time if I hadn't travelled to different invasions, but I had to do something different to not bore myself to death.

But not doing that again. I can survive without having every class capped, the druid can wait.

shamanick

Try it out and see if you like the gameplay changes. Their dps will be fine, but you might not like the new gameplay.

I heard Demo is the new hotness, any truth to that? I re-upped a few days ago. I played last in BC. The talents are crazy different now.

Tacitus_

I heard Demo is the new hotness, any truth to that? I re-upped a few days ago. I played last in BC. The talents are crazy different now.

Uh.. that depends. Apparently the set bonus for demo is crazy good which salvages the spec on single targets where you can take 10+ seconds to get your damage going. On anything else, it's garbage.

Finally dinged my priest. 17 hours for 1-100 is pretty good, especially for a goblin. Could've saved some time if I hadn't travelled to different invasions, but I had to do something different to not bore myself to death.

But not doing that again. I can survive without having every class capped, the druid can wait.
Yeah, I leveled a Hunter from 10-75 and a DK from 60-100... I keep logging in to try to get to at least 90 on the Hunter, but I can't do more than 1 invasion without wanting to fall asleep.

Lanrutcon

So, Is it worth it to come back for legion? I tried to during pandaria and warlords, but failed miserably.

Nah. Blizzard have scaled back on new stuff for the expansion. Basically the entire expac is one new map, a Broomstick pet and 1 raid consisting of a room with a moose. It's also very low on story content (plot is: Gul'dan trips on a rock, spends a few days cussing at it).

Oh, and there's a new Warchief: Saurfang's left sock.

Impulsor

Nah. Blizzard have scaled back on new stuff for the expansion. Basically the entire expac is one new map, a Broomstick pet and 1 raid consisting of a room with a moose. It's also very low on story content (plot is: Gul'dan trips on a rock, spends a few days cussing at it).

Well, that actually makes me wanna play it.

strafer

We named in Draenor.

Ashodin

The world quests alone sound extensive. Blizzard how am I going to play other games??

What's even cooler is the world quest system is something they can drop in new quests every patch if they wanted to, adding new things all the time instead of waiting for huge patch content releases.

Granted, they won't do it like that, but it just means every major patch should have something with it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Quick Q about Highmountain rep (or any legion rep in general): It's not really possible to rep grind that stuff quickly, right? Kind of all paced behind dailies/world quests?

iirate

Artena the hallowed, my main alt in Legion:

bd760KN.png

The 'mogs are for affliction, demonology, and destruction, respectively. They'll all be using some variant of their artifacts once those are in her hands.

Jag

Quick Q about Highmountain rep (or any legion rep in general): It's not really possible to rep grind that stuff quickly, right? Kind of all paced behind dailies/world quests?

From what i've read, finishing a zone will get you friendly, and daillies/world quests get you to honored. Since you need to finish the zones for flying, gear and rep, there is no point in skipping them.

Ashodin

Artena the hallowed, my main alt in Legion:

The 'mogs are for affliction, demonology, and destruction, respectively. They'll all be using some variant of their artifacts once those are in her hands.

The destruction transmog looks really good.

I got my Paladin to 60 before the invasions started so I cult use the boost on her but with how fast the shit is and with me running out of characters to level through invasions I'm tempted to just get her to 100 and use the boost on my DK or monk

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

my big complaint about demo (I know you said destro) is that demo feels like your pets are just buffs... AND you have to spam a buff to your buffs... the fantasy they were going for is cool.. but execution feels screwy..

my dps seems ok.. at the end of the day you're still playing an MMORPG with an ability rotation.. I was just hoping to feel like a Diablo 3 witch doctor or D2 Necromancer.. and instead I feel like a mage who keeps casting demon bolt and keeps up buffs/debuffs.

curious to hear other thoughts on destro or affliction. could persuade me to change specs.

I got my Paladin to 60 before the invasions started so I cult use the boost on her but with how fast the shit is and with me running out of characters to level through invasions I'm tempted to just get her to 100 and use the boost on my DK or monk

remember that boosting a level 60 will also put all professions they have at 700. leveling from skill level 1 once Legion hits should be trivial, BUT will probably still cost a few 1000G for mats.

Entropia

No One Remembers
From what i've read, finishing a zone will get you friendly, and daillies/world quests get you to honored. Since you need to finish the zones for flying, gear and rep, there is no point in skipping them.

Certainly not going to be skipped, just curious how long it'll take to get Revered or Exalted with them based on what's there.

Has anyone decided which zones they're going to start in? I'm leaning toward Azsuna right now...

Probably Stormheim, the Alliance intro to that zone is fucking awesome.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can always swing enough gold to get my alts to 280, but I generally save 310 for characters I've been playing at max level a lot.

Blinck

Guys quick question:

I have a level 75 DK, which has mining and herbalism as profs at a very low level ( < 25 )

I can pick mines and get shattered pieces in northrend and still level up, but I can't do that with herbalism..

What am I missing?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Guys quick question:

I have a level 75 DK, which has mining and herbalism as profs at a very low level ( < 25 )

I can pick mines and get shattered pieces in northrend and still level up, but I can't do that with herbalism..

What am I missing?

I don't think Herbalism has that kind of mechanic. Skinning is similar to mining (you get scraps instead)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
From what I heard Stormheim is one of the safer zones to start in because of its scenario lead in.

Zelias

Banned
Has anyone decided which zones they're going to start in? I'm leaning toward Azsuna right now...
Was thinking of going Val'Sharah but will probably end up going with whatever has my profession quests.

Also unrelated, but if you say 'Banana' in Voidform it translates as 'N'Zoth'. Dun dun dunnnnn

Top Bottom