• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

I'm trying to decide when I should do Highmountain, first to get it out of the way or last so I can avoid it as long as possible. My friend and I both came to the conclusion it was our least favorite zone during the beta and I couldn't really put my finger on it. I just didn't really enjoy it much.

Been wrapping up things in WoD. Had 11 tomes left to collect (got 11 last week and 11 the week before), but now I'm missing 7 tomes with only 6 bosses left. I guess that's it for the legendary chain, but at least I got the Pathfinder achievement today.

Still need to transfer my shaman to a PvE realm, just need to figure out if there's stuff on my other characters I need to take with me.
Has anyone decided which zones they're going to start in? I'm leaning toward Azsuna right now...

Probably the green place with all the druids and shit.

Eric WK

I'm trying to decide when I should do Highmountain, first to get it out of the way or last so I can avoid it as long as possible. My friend and I both came to the conclusion it was our least favorite zone during the beta and I couldn't really put my finger on it. I just didn't really enjoy it much.

I planned mine out according to how the Mining/Jewelcrafting quests go:

Highmountain -> Val'Sharah -> Stormheim -> Azsuna

Robin64

Highmountain for me. The early Blacksmith quests send you there a lot so it won't hurt to have the flight paths open for those.

I was thinking about going to Azsuna first, though I don't really know much about any of the zones. It just seems the most magical so it seemed like a good fit for my mage.

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't really know anything, aside from looking at models for some of the artifacts and a couple class hall walkthroughs.

Speaking of, for the Warrior class hall (slight spoilers)
it looks really cool, but it's all vrykul stuff. Seems a little disappointing for some, though I don't know what else they should have done instead.

edit: Just remembered the scaling for zones. What a great idea. Means you can basically do any of the zones in any order, right?

Robin64

The warrior class hall was always going to be a problem. They don't really have a shared fantasy amongst them, they are just strong people what hit things in the name of hitting things.

Zunja

My enchanting and jewelcrafting are both at like 670 or so I just never finished them. Do they need to be 700 to start the Legion quests for them?

Sölf

As always, I have no idea about the zones except for the official previews. If my order hall doesn't send me to a specific zone I will probably start in Azsuna.

erawsd

I'll flip a coin between Valshara and Stormheim. I imagine Azuna and High Mountain will be the most crowded since that is where profession quests start. You cant really get where with Engineering until max level so I'm in no rush to start that quest line.

Robin64

My enchanting and jewelcrafting are both at like 670 or so I just never finished them. Do they need to be 700 to start the Legion quests for them?

Nope, you're good to go. They only need to be 1, even. Though at your level you'll be seeing Enchanting and Jewelcrafting world quests, too.

Magnus

Does anyone know where the enchanting and alchemy quests send you, if I'm using that to determine what my starting zone will be?

I currently have LW/BS on my toon. I was wondering if it would be better to drop one of them for a gathering profession that would compliment the other such as skinning/mining. I've been hearing a lot of good things about gathering professions lately.

Robin64

I currently have LW/BS on my toon. I was wondering if it would be better to drop one of them for a gathering profession that would compliment the other such as skinning/mining. I've been hearing a lot of good things about gathering professions lately.

Gathering professions are definitely A Good Thing in Legion. You'll get a lot more Blood of Sargeras with one.

my big complaint about demo (I know you said destro) is that demo feels like your pets are just buffs... AND you have to spam a buff to your buffs... the fantasy they were going for is cool.. but execution feels screwy..

my dps seems ok.. at the end of the day you're still playing an MMORPG with an ability rotation.. I was just hoping to feel like a Diablo 3 witch doctor or D2 Necromancer.. and instead I feel like a mage who keeps casting demon bolt and keeps up buffs/debuffs.

curious to hear other thoughts on destro or affliction. could persuade me to change specs.

Affliction is the only warlock spec that has a comfortable (for me) rotation. I can tell which dots need to be on, when to cast when they're going to fall off, and know when I can comfortable use my filler. with destro and demo I feel like I'm always misusing everything.

This might just be me but affliction is my favorite of the current specs. It lacks the "oomph" big spell cast that the others have because its all just a bunch of debuffs though.

remember that boosting a level 60 will also put all professions they have at 700. leveling from skill level 1 once Legion hits should be trivial, BUT will probably still cost a few 1000G for mats.

I'm aware, that's why my paladin is waiting at 60. my DK is fresh to 60 just recently(couldn't decide on a race for a while) and my monk can get there very soon. Might just keep the boost for my pally since I dont have the 100 plate heirlooms

ampere

I'm doing Stormheim first. Heard it has some "harder" quests that will be easier to handle at lower levels since I have good gear right now.

I've avoided everything about the beta for pure "enjoyment" factor purposefully. Everything will be fresh.

I avoided doing any question on beta for this reason. No realm firsts, so it's OK if I'm not super fast.

Ashodin

The warrior class hall was always going to be a problem. They don't really have a shared fantasy amongst them, they are just strong people what hit things in the name of hitting things.

Exactly. They're rank and file. There's no "Organized Militia For Azeroth, or OMFA for short"

Tarazet

It used to be that you had a benefit from having two crafting professions. I had Leatherworking and Engineering on my main in Pandaria to min-max that. That got dropped in Draenor, but the garrison made resources so easy to gather that at least at first, you didn't need any gathering professions at all unless you really wanted a Crazy Carrot or a shovel transmog. Felblight mitigated that effect slightly, but folks didn't really stay interested in doing that much upgrading for very long.

notworksafe

I've avoided everything about the beta for pure "enjoyment" factor purposefully. Everything will be fresh.

Same for me. Other than getting the general demon theme and knowing about artifact weapons I don't know anything about Legion and I'm kinda into that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The shared fantasy is that they're strong people that hit things in the name of hitting things.

They're mercenaries and grunts and warlords. Military people. It's not like a Draenei Paladin and a Human Paladin where you're talking different ideologies. Axes, swords, shields, spikes, iron, forges. Not that hard to base a hall around that.

Never once have I thought, 'man you know what would make my warrior cooler? if he was aspiring to be a race of nobody jobbers that weren't even good enough for their own raid 3 expansions ago'

Nista

Has anyone decided which zones they're going to start in? I'm leaning toward Azsuna right now...

Same here, if I remember correctly from beta Aszuna is where the Alchemy quest line starts out.

Also the whole Sylvanas vs Genn bitchfest I want to put off as long as I can. That whole storyline is so meh, ruins a perfectly good Nordic feeling zone.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i thought the class fantasy of warriors was complaining that they can't out-dps mages or out-cc rogues
346rqbthllh4.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i thought the class fantasy of warriors was complaining that they can't out-dps mages or out-cc rogues
346rqbthllh4.gif
If vanilla WoW defines the fantasy mages can't keep pace with warrior DPS and rogues get one shot by warrior gods...

Ashodin

The shared fantasy is that they're strong people that hit things in the name of hitting things.

They're mercenaries and grunts and warlords. Military people. It's not like a Draenei Paladin and a Human Paladin where you're talking different ideologies. Axes, swords, shields, spikes, iron, forges. Not that hard to base a hall around that.

Never once have I thought, 'man you know what would make my warrior cooler? if he was aspiring to be a race of nobody jobbers that weren't even good enough for their own raid 3 expansions ago'

projecting your feelings too much into it

Mupod

Class halls as a major feature is a bit of a bummer for DKs because they already have one...I actually don't know what they're doing with Acherus in Legion other than that it's supposedly moving to Icecrown. Wouldn't that be kind of weird since it's just around the corner from old Dalaran?

As for starting zone, I'm completely blind on them. I mean...you can pick a starting zone? I'll decide when the time comes. I do think it's important to level quickly at the start so you can get ahead of the herd but I don't have as much free time as I did in my youth.

Robin64

Herbalism has the scraps mechanic in every continent now. Source: Me, I just levelled on a warlock and she was getting scraps when her level wasn't high enough. For example, Felweed Stalk.

Magnus

I'm an Enchanter on my main priest, and will probably keep that going. I'm contemplating dropping Alchemy for a gathering prof now, since I don't care so much about min/maxing anymore and want to interact with the world more.

It's a painful prospect to consider dropping a maxed profession though...

:(

If I did though, can it be levelled from 1 right in Broken Isles?

Xeteh

Class halls as a major feature is a bit of a bummer for DKs because they already have one...I actually don't know what they're doing with Acherus in Legion other than that it's supposedly moving to Icecrown. Wouldn't that be kind of weird since it's just around the corner from old Dalaran?

As for starting zone, I'm completely blind on them. I mean...you can pick a starting zone? I'll decide when the time comes. I do think it's important to level quickly at the start so you can get ahead of the herd but I don't have as much free time as I did in my youth.

The Legion zones scale to your level so you can pick any of the first 4 zones to do in any order.

I'm an Enchanter on my main priest, and will probably keep that going. I'm contemplating dropping Alchemy for a gathering prof now, since I don't care so much about min/maxing anymore and want to interact with the world more.

It's a painful prospect to consider dropping a maxed profession though...

:(

If I did though, can it be levelled from 1 right in Broken Isles?

Yeah, you can do anything at profession level 1. Apparently there is also a book that you can buy from vendors for 1k that lets you relearn all the recipes you lost if you take back an old profession iirc.

Shahadan

I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with my garrison hearthstone. Put it in the bank? Keep it in my bag? Destroy it?
lol I'm sure some people will do that
Not sure I'll use it again but you never know

projecting your feelings too much into it

Well that's what he always does

Tenebrous

Going from South to North. Got my leveling times down to 45-50 minutes per level with moderate effort.

Can get from Dalaran teleporting to Azsuna (class order hall/artifact stuff inbetween) in 18 minutes now.

Wow I feel super unprepared for the expansion reading stuff here. You can start in any zone? World Quests? I don't even know what's happening.

I'm with you in just that I don't know what a "world quest" is. To me that sounds like a quest you find out in the world... AKA a normal quest. I haven't looked it up though lol

Tecnniqe

Banned

Isn't the whole deal with them surrounded by Norse mythology?

The whole deal with them always seemed Viking/Valhalla inspired and as such their class hall.

Ashodin

I'm with you in just that I don't know what a "world quest" is. To me that sounds like a quest you find out in the world... AKA a normal quest. I haven't looked it up though lol

World quests are basically quests that pop up randomly within the world. Could be hourly, every two to three hours, daily, weekly, it's random.

They've over 1000 of these in the game that will show up from time to time, and they're aiming for them to be so random that people will rarely see the same one twice, unlike dailies.

You see them on your World Map and can go to them to complete them for extra bonuses and such.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
world quests are essentially using the same tech as invasions I'm assuming? the seamless world map scenario tech?

Top Bottom