• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

erawsd

It was also more of an Ele Shaman weap

Eh, not really. Up until they rewrote the lore recently, it was basically just a symbol of Orcish destiny that was used to crush a whole lot of skulls. Now it is WoWs version of Thor's hammer where "only the worthy" can wield it and unlock its power, which is why it rejects Thrall when he murders Garrosh.

biaxident

In regards to that book thats lets you save recipes you've learned while dropping the profession and going back, It is only legion recipes. You lose all old stuff.

Also doing phase 3 of the invasions for boss farming is cool, 50k per kill and you get about 6 in, solid stuff. (level 84)

Hixx

Ohhh so annoying when a random invasion boss is nearly dead and you get randomly one shotted and get no exp ;<

It's better when you reincarnate at like 5% and some moron comes past and dispels their own Gripping Shadows (or whatever it's called) debuff which is literally harmless UNLESS you dispel it and you get a 30 second res timer :D

Christ I need to find a guild before launch, I can't handle some of the people who play this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rogue or Demon Hunter... Rogue or Demon Hunter... I can't decide!

DH. Unless you dont want to risk the "welp we sure could use a tank right about now" conundrum which cant happen with a pure dps.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Grom Hellscream is the Orc Warrior deal. Weapons of great power is the warrior fantasy. Smashing heads is the warrior fantasy. I've never heard vikings mentioned previously in any quests related to warriors.

^yup

grom/garrosh/varian

even the artifacts suck ass could have given uss asscandy, gorehowl, or shalamayne

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Vrykul themeing seems like it falls short when you compare the warrior followers to what the other classes get. The Warrior class order hall is something else, where it feels kind of weak as just a reused piece of a dungeon. Maybe I'll really wind up warming up to it, but when you see stuff like the Mage or Druid hall on the other end of the spectrum I doubt it.

sora87

ahhh.. so I see you hopped on my account for a little bit. cool, thanks for trying.

I have no idea what this means

It's better when you reincarnate at like 5% and some moron comes past and dispels their own Gripping Shadows (or whatever it's called) debuff which is literally harmless UNLESS you dispel it and you get a 30 second res timer :D

Christ I need to find a guild before launch, I can't handle some of the people who play this game.

Cloak of Shadows is a really handy spell for these debuffs you get in invasions

MuggerMD

Banned
Ok, I give up trying to get 'The Proven Healer' title. It's a pain. Got to wave 23.

It did get me back up to speed on healing since I haven't played since WotLK

Delgear

Neo Member
Warswords-of-the-Valarjar-Default-Gold-Style.jpg
I Can't Wait

Nista

I like that I login to finish up the pre-patch quest and someone has surrounded Khadgar in Dalaran with a bunch of those "Go Away" signs. I'm sure his feelings are hurt for being such a bad mage.

Did they decrease the XP for the invasions? This seems to be going much slower than it did with the character I did earlier, despite having heirlooms of the same caliber.

TehPabz

so is the free 100 only for pre orders or also available with there hard copy on release date? i forgot how it worked for draenor.

Hixx

so is the free 100 only for pre orders or also available with there hard copy on release date? i forgot how it worked for draenor.

Everyone gets a boost. I think you had to use it by a certain date in WoD or something silly like that? Though I think it got changed to a permanent unlock because it was kind of dumb.

Maybe I imagined that. Who knows.

Not me.

Or Google.

Strimei

I'm watching FinalBoss's run through the fury artifact line.

People really don't like the Warrior stuff? I think it's fucking cool!

I think what some people don't like is that the order hall doesn't feel particularly warrior-y. I understand both sides of the argument. On the one hand, what's more warrior-oriented than Valhalla? On the other hand, most, if not all, the other order halls you are surrounded by others of your class. Like you'll see Kalecgos at the mage hall, or Liadrin at the paladin hall, and so forth.

From what I recall of the Warrior order hall, which was a while ago (I uninstalled the beta a while ago), you're surrounded by val'kyr (the good kind) and vrykul. That's it. Blizzard originally had the idea of maybe having the spirits of dead warriors there, and they honestly should've gone with that, it would've made it more impressive.

Unrelated to the order hall, I know some aren't happy with the artifacts themselves, though personally I really like the fury ones. To each their own.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You come flying and crash down to the ground anime style when you leave the warrior order hall. That right there makes it the best one.

You come flying and crash down to the ground anime style when you leave the warrior order hall. That right there makes it the best one.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing.

I'm concerned the Monk stuff isn't going to be as good. It kinda sucks being the baby class in the lore.

We do get Chen and LiLi though, so that's cool.

Strimei

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing.

I'm concerned the Monk stuff isn't going to be as good. It kinda sucks being the baby class in the lore.

We do get Chen and LiLi though, so that's cool.

I've heard the finale isn't all that good, for what its worth. But meh, I enjoy being a monk, everything else is secondary.

Still kinda annoyed WW can't transmog to other weapons, speaking of monks. There are so few fist weapons (only 8 pages total, I think). I've got most of them, at least, so I can change as I want but still, annoying.

I've heard the finale isn't all that good, for what its worth. But meh, I enjoy being a monk, everything else is secondary.

Still kinda annoyed WW can't transmog to other weapons, speaking of monks. There are so few fist weapons (only 8 pages total, I think). I've got most of them, at least, so I can change as I want but still, annoying.

Yeah, that's a problem. On top of that, I don't tend to like fist weapons in WoW, including most of the artifact ones.

I'll probably just mog mine to the smallest ones I can so I can have glowing fists.

Lomax

It's part of their justification for how stupidly expensive the expansions have gotten. When I bought WoD a year late (cheap on sale) I still got the 90 boost, and the boosts sit on your account until you use them, there's no expiration. The boost is "worth" $60 but that doesn't somehow magically mean it adds $60 to the value of what you get for the expansion.

I'm still holding out a little hope that they will realize that forcing a weapon choice and then also limiting xmog choices is stupid, and allow you to xmog the artifact slot into any weapon type you can equip. But I know that's pretty unlikely, even if it's exactly how the system should work.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm watching FinalBoss's run through the fury artifact line.

People really don't like the Warrior stuff? I think it's fucking cool!
They all feel like they are just not fully developed to me. Protection is pretty solid but it is very straightforward and basic. This becomes really noticeable when Hunters visit the same location but have an extra really big set piece afterwards that brings them to the other side of the world. Hunters also hit the same location as Fury Warriors and it's easy to spot how lacking the Warrior one is. The Hunter quest pushes players to use and understand abilities while the Warrior one is generic objectives. I have not seen every artifact questline, but Fury might be the only one to have zero guidance from a friendly NPC. You get no ally for the spec where you should be hearing, "it's me, it's ya boy..." in the back of your head. It's indicative of the separation that exists between Warriors and the Vrykul. Other classes mingle and ally themselves with famous examples of their class and Warriors are stuck dragging along nobody losers from WotLK.

So out of 8 classes out of 100 stuck between my Mage (main during BC,Wrath,Cata) or Druid which I played a bit for Mist. Both their class halls look great and the artifacts are great looking outside of the fire Mage sword.

Magnus

Going from South to North. Got my leveling times down to 45-50 minutes per level with moderate effort.

Can get from Dalaran teleporting to Azsuna (class order hall/artifact stuff inbetween) in 18 minutes now.

An hour per level, from 100 to 110? Damn. You'll probably cap day one!

I think somehow I've always managed to take 5-7 days to cap each expansion. Despite playing a ton, I tend to explore and dawdle quite a bit, or diverge to do dungeons with friends, and not take the optimal XP route. I end up spending like 3-5 hours a level. lol.

They all feel like they are just not fully developed to me. Protection is pretty solid but it is very straightforward and basic. This becomes really noticeable when Hunters visit the same location but have an extra really big set piece afterwards that brings them to the other side of the world. Hunters also hit the same location as Fury Warriors and it's easy to spot how lacking the Warrior one is. The Hunter quest pushes players to use and understand abilities while the Warrior one is generic objectives. I have not seen every artifact questline, but Fury might be the only one to have zero guidance from a friendly NPC. You get no ally for the spec where you should be hearing, "it's me, it's ya boy..." in the back of your head. It's indicative of the separation that exists between Warriors and the Vrykul. Other classes mingle and ally themselves with famous examples of their class and Warriors are stuck dragging along nobody losers from WotLK.

Heh...

From his stream last night, "You look like someone drew your hair on your head with a brown marker."

But yeah, I think I get it now. For me, I like the idea of the norse/viking themed stuff in WoW so it's probably cooler to me than it would be for someone else.

Sarcasm

I don't know what to use my 100 token on either.

I have a horde & alliance druid. Don't really play anything else ATM.

Suggestions?

Top Bottom