• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So out of 8 classes out of 100 stuck between my Mage (main during BC,Wrath,Cata) or Druid which I played a bit for Mist. Both their class halls look great and the artifacts are great looking outside of the fire Mage sword.

saywha.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If we want to talk about real Warrior things to fix...they took execute away from most other classes but it's a DPS loss to use the ability for Arms. What a mess...

Magnus

I don't know what to use my boost on either.

On my main server now (Alliance), I've got:

100 Priest (main)
100 Paladin
100 Mage
100 Demon Hunter
87 Druid
82 Shaman
67 Hunter
65 Death Knight
15 Rogue
10 Monk
8 Warlock
0 Warrior

--

On my Horde server, where they'll languish until cheaper transfers become a thing, I've got a Monk at 55, a Warlock at 90, a Warrior at 87, and a Death Knight at 90.

--

So I'm thinking I boost the Monk or Rogue. I don't know. Probably the Rogue, since I keep hearing how fun Outlaw is, and because the Stealth elements make it one of the most unique melee classes and I don't know much about all of that.

The Monk will be more tolerable to level by far, I think. Especially with the Pandaren rest bonus.

cdyhybrid

The Frost and Arcane Staff look so much better man. I guess its grown on me a bit but I kept seeing this look and its ugly as sin to me.
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/532283-felomelorn-fire-mage-artifact.jpg[IMG]
This one looks badass though
[IMG]http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/532284-felomelorn-fire-mage-artifact.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You're entitled to your opinion. I just can't rock with you there, man.

Epix

Just boosted a level 1 paladin to 100 and noticed i have no professions. Do I have to pick 2 and level these fuckers to 700?

cdyhybrid

Just boosted a level 1 paladin to 100 and noticed i have no professions. Do I have to pick 2 and level these fuckers to 700?

Yep. If you boost a level 60 character their professions get boosted as well, but otherwise you're starting from the bottom.

Dugna

The fire mage artifact is very important to lore but overall it does looks meh.....I main ret, and I'm kinda annoyed we get ashbringer....once ashbringer loses its shine or whatever, there essentially goes the last of what made paladins cool at all....and with how we don't know if artifacts will last till after legion it all just adds up.

I also don't like how Tirion died....like one he gets spewed on by a no name demon we will be killing in the first tier as a lolz boss that will be easily killed....like how come thrall or jaina couldn't like I dunno port him out...or make a platform to hit guldan while he talked the usual "I'm so evil" Villain talk.

Concept17

I was kinda set on which classes to keep leveling, but randomly decide to create a Troll Warrior. A race I had no interest in, and a class I didn't think I'd enjoy. I love it. Fury is amazing. Animations are fantastic and the spec has the best feedback.

The worst part was I went to OG to ask why I couldn't dual wield, not realizing it meant two 2h'ers.

Ashodin

some people can't appreciate setbacks

once ashbringer loses its shine or whatever, there essentially goes the last of what made paladins cool at all....and with how we don't know if artifacts will last till after legion it all just adds up.

Tirion mess

Well artifacts aren't coming after Legion, they've confirmed that. So I expect actually them to let us create a new artifact out of the broken parts of our old one. WE get to create the legendary weapon. That artifact system took them a while to come up with and I'd like to see them reuse it.

Just let us choose what our weapon looks like (interchange-able parts).

Also, Tirion died ignominiously because that's what the Legion is all about - your heroes will die boring, gruesome deaths because they don't give a FUCK. It's not about oh man Tirion died in the middle of 100,000 demons and killed them all until the Ashbringer gave no more and Gul'dan destroyed him personally

Tirion got his ass handed to him before we showed up at the Shore and was used as a demoralizer - we know this is the guy who took out Frostmourne and helped us beat the Lich King, and here he is getting punked so easily to make us be like "oh shit this is real"

ysera4.jpg

Alright blizzard who decided this was a thing

wow_doomhammer_full_webver.jpg

Be an Enh Shammy IRL

Dugna

I don't mind the swords, it's the off hand piece that bothers me. A ball on a stick. It's a shame they couldn't make the swirling orbs hover in the palm of the hand. Similar to wizards in Diablo III.

Orbs would definitely match the fire artifact considering where it comes from.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I would main my mage but he's Horde and Horde is always my alt.

But uh, lighting stuff on fire, having fire orbs over your head, having the best class hall (basically Dalaran's luxury suite)...

I'm tempted, man.

I heard leveling as Frost gets you rep bonuses?

Rokam

Keep flipping back and forth on what to main, on one hand I've spent an assload of time on my Ret pally... but that rotation is pretty blah. On the other hand, Enh Shammy feels really fucking good, and that's w/o the artifact. At least I can count on server queues and downtime to give me plenty of time to figure it out.

Bonus transmog pic

Good thing transmog exists, so you can make it look like this.

A book jammed through a closed fist (even one on a handle like the lantern offhands) isn't an improvement over a ball on a stick jammed through a closed fist. I had kinda hoped that they would have used the artifact system to implement better offhands for everything that isn't a shield.

I kinda wish WoW Mage offhands looked like the ones in Diablo 3, floating books and crystals over a Mage's open hand.

erawsd

Keep flipping back and forth on what to main, on one hand I've spent an assload of time on my Ret pally... but that rotation is pretty blah. On the other hand, Enh Shammy feels really fucking good, and that's w/o the artifact. At least I can count on server queues and downtime to give me plenty of time to figure it out.

Bonus transmog pic

I havent really touched Ret, but i think Enhancement is much better with doomhammer. Doomwinds really helps smooth out the gameplay by giving you a big chunk of malestrom upfront, Feral spirits becomes a really strong cd, and you get some nice new visuals for puppies, stormstrike, and lava lash.

Tarazet

I'm an Enchanter on my main priest, and will probably keep that going. I'm contemplating dropping Alchemy for a gathering prof now, since I don't care so much about min/maxing anymore and want to interact with the world more.

It's a painful prospect to consider dropping a maxed profession though...

:(

If I did though, can it be levelled from 1 right in Broken Isles?

I've dropped maxed professions multiple times now on my main. Started out as Leatherworking/Skinning, went to LW/Engineering during Pandaria to min-max for stat bonuses and get Jeeves for the raid, leveled up Skinning again early in Draenor, then everyone was doing double crafter again because of the garrison so I leveled up Inscription. Dropped that just this week and leveled Skinning up to 700 again.

Takes some patience, but it has always put me in the right position for what I was doing.

Legion Elemental Shaman feels kinda weird after spending so much time with WoD Elemental. I don't mind having fewer totems, there were too damned many in WoD, especially once you started tacking on the Elemental summons but it's odd having so few in the baseline kit and I really miss shields.

Dugna

Legion Elemental Shaman feels kinda weird after spending so much time with WoD Elemental. I don't mind having fewer totems, there were too damned many in WoD, especially once you started tacking on the Elemental summons but it's odd having so few in the baseline kit and I really miss shields.

They added back in water shield as a resto cosmetic but didn't let us keep lightning as a cosmetic.... =/

I'm gonna boost a Forsaken Priest instead of a Shaman I think. I haven't collected the caster weapon transmogs yet through invasions, Shadow is a lot of fun right now and I wanna try out the new Disc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Posted?

"The fact that Artifact Power rewards from quests and treasures now scale with Knowledge is not a bug.

We started off the design of the system thinking along the exact same lines as many of the posters in this thread: We figured that we should make sure that one-time AP rewards did not scale, or else the "right" answer might be to delay completing key quests or collecting any treasures until you had higher Knowledge. And that didn't sound like much fun."

Full article at mmo champion

Important bit is:

"tl;dr: Just get Artifact Power when you find it, as you find it. Enjoy the rewards and the immediate benefit, and you aren't hurting yourself in the long run."

Rhaknar

This idea of more buttons equals complexity is strange to me. Watching a BM video here at work and the dude says "I actually think stomp is more dps right now but I like to use chimera shot, its one more button and I like the complexity"

Thats not what complexity means! There is nothing complex about using chimera shot, you literally use it as soon as its up, its just another button to press, thats not complex!

If the argument is that its less boring to have more buttons to press, that is fine. But that doesnt make it any more "complex".

If its buttons that you should only use at a certain time or something, that you have to wait to use in a rotation, even if its off cd, I could see how that would add to the class complexity. If its just another button that you press off cd for the sake of it, that isnt complexity imo.

Rafy

Just got my DK to 80, 20 more levels to go... Thankfully I have saved some podcasts for this weekend, invasions are getting boring. Thank goodness I am almost done with the Anglers rep farm...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Posted?

"The fact that Artifact Power rewards from quests and treasures now scale with Knowledge is not a bug.

We started off the design of the system thinking along the exact same lines as many of the posters in this thread: We figured that we should make sure that one-time AP rewards did not scale, or else the "right" answer might be to delay completing key quests or collecting any treasures until you had higher Knowledge. And that didn't sound like much fun."

Full article at mmo champion

Important bit is:

"tl;dr: Just get Artifact Power when you find it, as you find it. Enjoy the rewards and the immediate benefit, and you aren't hurting yourself in the long run."
Well site just refuse to load for me but what you're saying is not completing certain quest can give you more artifact power but that in the long run it don't matter?

How does it not matter?

Top Bottom