• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

So when do Invasions end? On Monday at midnight? There's no way I'm going to have enough time to boost this Priest to 100 working over the weekend, only have a few hours of free time to play in the evening. I should be able to get him to 60 and then I might simply boost him, then I won't have to worry about professions, flying or bags. I do have Monday off, so I might be able to do a bit of power leveling.

Sarcasm

So if I get my character to sixty, choose enchanting and something else. Then pick up first aid. They instantly become maxed?

Lanrutcon

Hum my druid is miner and herbalist.

Wonder if enchanting and jewelcrafting on a second character viable.

Crafting requires a new material called "Blood of Sargeras". It's BOP. You get it from crafting professions, rarely from world quests, fishing and there's an enchant that gives your kills a tiny chance of dropping it.

The only 2 crafting professions you can realistically run on a single character in Legion is Tailoring/Enchanting.

The profession catch-up mechanics are pretty good, I mean I got my Monks Herbalism and Insciption to 300 quick just by doing garrison chores but I won't be able to do that with this Priest in time for Legion's launch.

lol, just did a corpse run through the Uplands of Hillsbrad to get to Tarren Mill as a level 10 Shadow Priest, worth it.

Sarcasm

Crafting requires a new material called "Blood of Sargeras". It's BOP. You get it from crafting professions, rarely from world quests, fishing and there's an enchant that gives your kills a tiny chance of dropping it.

The only 2 crafting professions you can realistically run on a single character in Legion is Tailoring/Enchanting.

I think Blood of Sargeras is BOP, so you might want to do gathering and tradeskill on the same character.

I guess I can drop herbs and pick up jewelcrafting on my druid.

What class should I do? I only have one 100 on this server and it is a guardian druid. I was thinking maybe a shaman as restoration looks neat. Just I am worried, I like the many choices of a druid. Though I don't live feral dps that much really.

My horde server has many almost 90 so no need to worry on that front.

Holy shit, Legion Shadow Priest dumps all over WoD's, even at low levels. Once you can choose the Shadow Word: Void talent and get Mind Blast, generating insanity and getting into Void Form becomes so much quicker and easier to maintain.

Sölf

Holy shit, Legion Shadow Priest dumps all over WoD's, even at low levels. Once you can choose the Shadow Word: Void talent and get Mind Blast, generating insanity and getting into Void Form becomes so much quicker and easier to maintain.

It's also fun as hell to play it.

Lanrutcon

For an alt toon? Absolutely. For a main? I'm unsure on Alchemy - Inscription is usually good.

No, I mean in terms of the BOP ingredients in Legion. Like, does Alchemy and Engineering not require Blood of Sargeras?

Edit: Logically, you'd need Mining to support Engineering and Herbalism to support Alchemy, or you're going to have limited access to materials.

Tenebrous

Probably, but fuck am I dropping a real profession to go pick flowers. Of course being able to take it on a new toon is a bit different, but even then...

Still not sure I'll bother with crafting stuff at all. I don't need to make gold, I don't need to worry about spending gold... Will just get to raid launch & buy whatever isn't 840/850 from the AH on my toons. Only really interested in maintaining 100% recipe completion.

Lanrutcon

Probably, but fuck am I dropping a real profession to go pick flowers. Of course being able to take it on a new toon is a bit different, but even then...

Still not sure I'll bother with crafting stuff at all. I don't need to make gold, I don't need to worry about spending gold... Will just get to raid launch & buy whatever isn't 840/850 from the AH on my toons. Only really interested in maintaining 100% recipe completion.

Just had a read through the Alchemy recipes, and they don't seem to require many BoP ingredients. So hey, probably don't need herbalism. You can rely on the AH if you got the monies.

erawsd

Blood of Sargeras arent that big of deal. You get a bunch of them just from running dungeons, you wont need a gathering profession for them.

Kuntz

Almost all my chars have double crafting professions with rare and no longer obtainable recipes, so I'm stuck with those for eternity. Hopefully i'll get many bloods playing casual content... yeah right

Tenebrous

Just had a read through the Alchemy recipes, and they don't seem to require many BoP ingredients. So hey, probably don't need herbalism. You can rely on the AH if you got the monies.

That's something, at least.

OH! Does anyone else have an issue with the search function of the professions tab? As soon as I put in a letter or two, all the recipes disappear, even though I'm typing in for something I KNOW is there.

Sölf

So much so I think I want to main Priest in Legion.

I am in the same boat. I have mained my DK since it was introduced in Wrath. But Frost feels only okay to me, Shadowpriest and Outlaw Rogue are fantastic. I am really torn, mainly because all my achievements and stuff are on my DK and the other two have basically nothing.

Lumine

Oh man I succumbed yesterday. Pre-ordered Legion and resubscribed. Anything I should do before Legion hits?
I think I'll check out the invasions and maybe Tanaan on my (only) level 100 character (frost DK). Or is it too late to bother with Tanaan at this point? I haven't played since WoD released almost 2 years ago.
Maybe I'll try to level my Paladin or Shaman to 100. They're around 85-90 currently. I did the Demon Hunter starting zone last night. It was alright. Double jump into glide is pretty cool though.
Perhaps I should switch servers after all these years and use my boost. Even after the server merge the population is still less than half of the popular servers.

Robin64

Don't bother with Tanaan unless you are really massively bored and curious. It's a pretty awful zone even when it was relevent, now it's just something to ignore.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't know what to use my 100 token on either.

I have a horde & alliance druid. Don't really play anything else ATM.

Suggestions?
Shaman or Mage. Both in good places right now.

DK for easy profession boost since they hit 60 almost right away. DKs are awesome too.

Updawgs

Heard that having a water strider mount will come handy for Legion...with 0 in fishing, am I pretty much SOL to get one in time?

Tenebrous

Sölf;215046837 said:
The threads with "Blizzard there is to much to do!" are already popping up before release. This will be golden in the first few weeks:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2056092-Already-too-much-to-do-before-raids-in-Legion

People are overestimating the effort required to get raid-ready in Legion. Unlocking World Quests can be done on launch day, mythics & world bosses only need doing once a week, and the order hall pretty much looks after itself.

What else is there? "Just" Suramar & spamming heroics, right?

I still hate Suramar.

Lanrutcon

People are overestimating the effort required to get raid-ready in Legion. Unlocking World Quests can be done on launch day, mythics & world bosses only need doing once a week, and the order hall pretty much looks after itself.

What else is there? "Just" Suramar & spamming heroics, right?

I still hate Suramar.

And finding a guild that's willing to put up with me playing an Affliction Warlock.

Robin64

I mean, it's not like raids are open on the first day anyway. Anyone who wants to raid Mythic should be serious enough to be able to get there within three weeks. Fuck those people who say there's too much to do, this is good for us casual players.

Lanrutcon

I don't know if this has been posted.

Two in my opinion must have items (toys) that you should get on your first character.
One is a glider that you can use on all characters, and the other is a toy that lets you superjump long distances if you are high up. They can also be combined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js-aXtvZTY8

Yup, bookmarked their WoWHead entries. Learnt my lesson in WoD WHEN THEY TOOK MY FUCKING FLYING MOUNT AWAY BECAUSE PVPERS WHINED.

Repo Man

Man, 4 more hours of work and then off untill the 5th of September. Gonna wrap up whatever business I got left like some fishing on my main and tidy up some alt banks and then let the excitement slowly build up. My body is very much ready!

After all these years, the official forums are still insufferable trash

8Ld0Iup.jpg

Heard that having a water strider mount will come handy for Legion...with 0 in fishing, am I pretty much SOL to get one in time?

I think you're out of luck, yeah.

The easier of the 2 to get requires Exalted with the Anglers rep, which is gated behind dailies.

The other requires 700 fishing, the Draenor Angler achievement, and 100 lucky coins(from turning in "lunkers" which have a very low catch rate).

Tenebrous

I think you're out of luck, yeah.

The easier of the 2 to get requires Exalted with the Anglers rep, which is gated behind dailies.

The other requires 700 fishing, the Draenor Angler achievement, and 100 lucky coins(from turning in "lunkers" which have a very low catch rate).

And it also requires Anglers rep, right?

Shahadan

Sölf;215047974 said:
When do we get the OT? Sunday? Monday? Also, will we migrate over there or stay in here? Or mix it and go wild? :0

Usually we stay in there and let the gaming side have their own OT full of people saying how much happier they are since they left their ex-girlfriend WoW but are still stalking their facebook posting about it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Legion |OT| Khadgar is a Shit Wizard

Top Bottom