• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

erawsd

I'm personally annoyed that they're so...strict with the artifact stuff. You can swap between all the specs sure, but you'll still always have a "best" one.

Yeah, though for hybrids its probably not that different to how its always been. My offspec gear has generally always been behind my main spec until maybe the end of a tier when all the main spec healers have gotten everything they wanted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind the Demonology changes as much as some do once I spent time with it. It's very predictable, but I don't have a huge issue with that.

My problem with it is that you have to life tap for mana. That you can go out of mana. And I've never, ever found relegating mana usage to be fun. On the flipside, Shadow Priests, Balance Druids, Elemental Shaman, and Fire Mages are just like 'lol what mana'

Lanrutcon

I don't mind the Demonology changes as much as some do once I spent time with it. It's very predictable, but I don't have a huge issue with that.

My problem with it is that you have to life tap for mana. That you can go out of mana. And I've never, ever found relegating mana usage to be fun. On the flipside, Shadow Priests, Balance Druids, Elemental Shaman, and Fire Mages are just like 'lol what mana'

Mages in particular are bullshit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Warlocks are literally the only DPS class that has to worry about mana, with one exception. That exception being the mage spec that is designed specifically around mana as a core mechanic and not just a "you are out of mana, time to waste a GCD!" annoyance.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Warlocks are literally the only DPS class that has to worry about mana, with one exception. That exception being the mage spec that is designed specifically around mana as a core mechanic and not just a "you are out of mana, time to waste a GCD!" annoyance.

I can't understand why every class has a secondary resource thing now but I guess mana isn't that exciting anymore for blizzards game design

I think the weird thing is they all act the same almost. Fill up the bar by using free abilities and deplete the bar with others.

For the first time I feel like I can actually understand how to play my alts

Xando

Kinda fits considering all 3 warlock specs feel like they're not really finished design wise.

Tecnniqe

Banned
About to make a new char with a fellow GAFer and get kicked out due to ddos.

Third day in a row or something with DDOS attack on bnet if im not mistaken

tumblr_n14etmQ7M11rwj9abo1_500.gif

Get internet police in line Blizzard!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kinda fits considering all 3 warlock specs feel like they're not really finished design wise.

They really do. It's like Blizzard sort of forgot about the class in general during the alpha and then a few days ago noticed the forums and went "OH SHIT uhh right I know we forgot to do something!"

Ryan_MSF

Feel as though with all these DDOS attacks, and with how profile legion is online, launch day is going to be a fucking nightmare. (moreso than usual)

I'm pretty decent with Weakauras now, but I've still no idea how to make a decent border on a bar. I suck!

If you use Masque as well you can skin your weakauras to have a certain look/theme. Either all of them, or specific ones. Though there's probably enough flexibility in WA to make a nice border without using Masque.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yeah, though for hybrids its probably not that different to how its always been. My offspec gear has generally always been behind my main spec until maybe the end of a tier when all the main spec healers have gotten everything they wanted.

exactly... for hybrids the tax is basically the same. but for mages, warlocks, rogues, etc... this basically introduces a hybrid tax for EVERY class.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
exactly... for hybrids the tax is basically the same. but for mages, warlocks, rogues, etc... this basically introduces a hybrid tax for EVERY class.
Even for pure DPS classes there's often a barrier to spec swapping based off stat priorities. Given how easy it is to keep two specs up with each other it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Tenebrous

If you use Masque as well you can skin your weakauras to have a certain look/theme. Either all of them, or specific ones. Though there's probably enough flexibility in WA to make a nice border without using Masque.

Yeah Masque was just suggested to me by a guildy, and while it does look very good (with lots of skins to choose from), it seemingly doesn't work on my rage/ironfur bars (which is where I want it the most).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these DDoSs have been keeping me from buying a appearance change and I think its meant to be

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So do I only need 100 in each profession for legion to level them up with legion materials?

you need 300 to get profession world quests, but to actually level them you can do it from 1

Artanisix

is this ddos why i'm getting a fatal crash when trying to load my characters

trying to figure out if i should bother troubleshooting this or not

nvm resolved by deleting my cache folder

Nere

So have people decided in which order they will go to the zones for leveling in Legion? So far I know I will start with Stormheim first but dunno after.

Rhaknar

So have people decided in which order they will go to the zones for leveling in Legion? So far I know I will start with Stormheim first but dunno after.

I dont know much about the zones but Stormheim is the viking style one right? that seems to be the most in common with the BM artifact so ill start with that /shrug

Swig_

How are warlocks for PVP and PVE DPS? I'm trying to decide what class to play after not playing since Wrath. My list is Rogue, Warrior, Warlock, DK. I have about an 80 of each class, except Monks. They aren't interesting to me, though.

Priorities are PVP with some raiding. The most fun to play is most important to me. I'm leaning towards using my preorder boost on a Warlock since my only lock is 60.

Also, I like soloing content, a lot. I used to solo Dire Maul with my lock in vanilla wow.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Whoever said playing DH feels like playing an ARPG inside a MMORPG is right.

Just love this class. Shame you can only have 1 per realm :(

I was going to do Azsuna first, but I kinda want the jump/glide toys in Highmountain to make travel faster, so I may go there first instead.

Nere

I dont know much about the zones but Stormheim is the viking style one right? that seems to be the most in common with the BM artifact so ill start with that /shrug

The reason I am going to do Stormheim first is because it starts with a scenario and since scenarios are instanced for your character they cannot lag therefore if there is lag in launch you avoid it by going to Stormheim first. That is the reason I am going first there......

Mupod

I get to do a half day on a day of my choosing next week. I feel like if I pick Tuesday the game will be too much of a dumpster fire to play. But if it's not, it's worth risking it to try and get a head start on the herd.

Lain

Randomly doing heroics with my hunter and seeing the DHs zoom away while I'm running my ass off and catching up only after they stop to destroy a group of enemies just to zoom away again I find myself wondering: did they weaken most classes movement just to make DH feels that much more cool?

dimb

How are warlocks for PVP and PVE DPS? I'm trying to decide what class to play after not playing since Wrath. My list is Rogue, Warrior, Warlock, DK. I have about an 80 of each class, except Monks. They aren't interesting to me, though.

Priorities are PVP with some raiding. The most fun to play is most important to me. I'm leaning towards using my preorder boost on a Warlock since my only lock is 60.

Also, I like soloing content, a lot. I used to solo Dire Maul with my lock in vanilla wow.
From what I've seen Warlock is in a strong place for PvP. Affliction usually tops DPS and the survivability is up there too. Probably fine for PvE too but a lot of that stuff is still in flux.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The reason I am going to do Stormheim first is because it starts with a scenario and since scenarios are instanced for your character they cannot lag therefore if there is lag in launch you avoid it by going to Stormheim first. That is the reason I am going first there......

That, plus it continues the Forsaken/Gilneas plotline. So my Undead Mage will do that first.

dimb

Randomly doing heroics with my hunter and seeing the DHs zoom away while I'm running my ass off and catching up only after they stop to destroy a group of enemies just to zoom away again I find myself wondering: did they weaken most classes movement just to make DH feels that much more cool?
I still don't think DH is top mobility, unless vertical space is involved. For PvE they also are stuck using mobility tools for their basic damage rotation. Monk mobility still comes out on top, though Rogues and Warriors are also up there. Class homogenization in the past gave too many tools to classes that were supposed to lack mobility. These classes make up for that with utility or increased defensive tools.

Rizzi

And even with arcane mages, they regenerate mana fast enough that if you're not actively trying to burst like a madman you don't have to worry about it. Hell their mastery increases their mana regen and their mana pool.

I get to do a half day on a day of my choosing next week. I feel like if I pick Tuesday the game will be too much of a dumpster fire to play. But if it's not, it's worth risking it to try and get a head start on the herd.

This is why I took the day off Friday instead on Tuesday.

Mareg

I know it's been asked and answered 1000 times but can nothing really be done to stop DDOSing before it starts? Sheeeeeiiittt

DDOS attack cannot be prevented. Not that I know of.

What I don't understand, is why Blizzard says it is the ISPs that are targeted !? It is clearly not as I can do everything with my ISPs beside playing WoW when they are targeted by DDOS.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The Kun Lai mountains are still the best looking mountains in the game. They're perfect.

i feel like MoP was when they really mastered the tech for the landscape, they went from everything being sort of rolling hills to being a much better depiction of tof the geological formations they're supposed to represent.

Shahadan

i feel like MoP was when they really mastered the tech for the landscape, they went from everything being sort of rolling hills to being a much better depiction of tof the geological formations they're supposed to represent.

I might be wrong but starting with cataclysm they were able to paint or tint the textures directly, but it's really starting with pandaria they could really do that effectively. I guess tablets and stuff came handy.

https://youtu.be/lZWHINELjSA?t=1m42s

Blew my mind back then

My favorite looking Zone. All the MoP zones are nice except Townlong Steppes. That one is just meh.

Yeah I don't like it that much either, on top of being jsut a color swap of dread waste (or the other way around). Those two were only one zone at first iirc, and then split, with Towlong almost being cut.

Top Bottom