• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

br3wnor

DDOS attack cannot be prevented. Not that I know of.

What I don't understand, is why Blizzard says it is the ISPs that are targeted !? It is clearly not as I can do everything with my ISPs beside playing WoW when they are targeted by DDOS.

I have very limited knowledge about the workings of IT infrastructure so this might be completely wrong information, but I was reading an article somewhat recently regarding DDOS attacks and the only 'solution' they talked about is to spread out the game or website data across more and more servers [which in essence makes you waste a lot of potential server capacity]. It's a huge waste of money normally because the only positive is it helps lessen the impact of DDOS attacks which USUALLY aren't a problem, so makes sense no one does it, but if they had 4 or 5 times the amount of authorization servers to handle the same amount of users they have now, it would make DDOS attacks less effective.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You know what I miss from Vanilla? Eastern Plaguelands being scary as shit. It was a true max-level zone that really gave you that "you're in the big leagues now" feeling. Also, being a noob and clicking on a Blood of Heroes only to be promptly rekt.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think invasion XP was nerfed a lot. Am I being paranoid?

You know what I miss from Vanilla? Eastern Plaguelands being scary as shit. It was a true max-level zone that really gave you that "you're in the big leagues now" feeling. Also, being a noob and clicking on a Blood of Heroes only to be promptly rekt.
YES, this. I loved it. It was also when you finally got to see the areas from the WC3 Human campaign, except now they were all undead-ified thanks to Arthas. They felt spooky, dangerous, and imposing. In Vanilla, the walled off Quel'thalas also provided a big sense of mystery to the zone. Like, what's going on over there? It was one of the reasons I was so excited that Blood Elves were being added to BC.

M.D

I'm trying to make a Human Rogue but Humans are so damn ugly

Horde characters were born to be Rogues.. it's not fair that all Horde races look a million times cooler than Alliance

cdyhybrid

BsrLStw.jpg

lazygecko

I think invasion XP was nerfed a lot. Am I being paranoid?

Doesn't seem that way. I finished leveling a warrior to 100 today through invasions, which I rolled on Tuesday. You get roughly 1 level per invasion at the higher levels, provided you tag and get kill credit for as many mobs and bosses as possible.

Ashodin

I see the OT discussion was last page, but I still think we should have one. We should try to be more inclusive than insular as a community.

Dumb question, is there a class that uses the meeting stone summon animation for their regular spells?
I'm trying to make a Human Rogue but Humans are so damn ugly

Horde characters were born to be Rogues.. it's not fair that all Horde races look a million times cooler than Alliance

But human female rogues are the best! Especially in Nightslayer.

th3dude

I asked earlier but didn't get a response...

Is it worth farming some valor to upgrade gear before Tuesday?

Got some pretty sweet drops from Heroic raid last night (thanks, CF!) including a 730 trinket and some other awesome drops.

Should I leave these alone or try to upgrade? How long will they last me?

Milennia

ok legion prep is finally over, ill probably be back to the thread to post progress updates like i did during hfc, see you guys then

Entropia

No One Remembers
I asked earlier but didn't get a response...

Is it worth farming some valor to upgrade gear before Tuesday?

Got some pretty sweet drops from Heroic raid last night (thanks, CF!) including a 730 trinket and some other awesome drops.

Should I leave these alone or try to upgrade? How long will they last me?

Eh, Valor will be otherwise useless after Tuesday. If you have some right now, might as well spend it. Otherwise not worth it.

ok legion prep is finally over, ill probably be back to the thread to post progress updates, see you guys then

What kind of preparations did ya make?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and now for something that nobody cres about but I still want to write it, my proccess of choosing my Legion main.

First of all, we cross off the classes that currently, for whatever reason, dont do much for me.

1 - Rogue - My Rogue is 60, so its automatically crossed off. I could power lvl her with invasions but I did that with my druid and hated it. Plus, even tho Im more into melee these days than I was years ago, there are several other melee classes / specs way ahead of Rogue for a spot from what I played of Rogue 1 to 60.

2 - Druid - like I said, I just power lvled her with Invasions as Balance and hated the whole proccess. Balance itself doesnt do much for me, as I find it easily the most boring range spec in the game. I never liked the idea of dpsing as a cat, or tanking as a bear, and the only spec I actually like on druid is resto, but I dont want to heal in Legion. Also, Im trying to avoid hybrid classes to avoid the old "hey maybe you could go tank/resto?" conundrum, even tho im not in a raiding guild, but theres always friends.

3 - Monk - The only spec tht ever did anything for me with Monks was mistweaver, and as Ive said already, I dont want to heal in Legion. Windwalker was fun for the first 10 minutes but then it lost its shine with me fast (much like Enhancement actually). Zero interest in Brewmaster, or tanking in general.

4 - Priest - The little I played in WoD was with a holy Priest and I dont want to play Priest again. Nor do I want to heal. Shadow does seem fun tho, but even that didnt do much for me

5/6 - Shaman and Mage - This is where we start getting into the "well maaaaybe...nah". I actually liked both quite a bit, I realyl liked Fire and Frost for Mage, and I really liked elemental for Shaman. Enhancement was cool for the first 10 minutes but then it didnt do much for me as I already said. Having said that, neither top my current 2 favorite ranged classes (which we will get to later) so, yeah, these get crossed off.

Then we get to the Possible Contenders
but not really
. There are the classes that I really enjoy playing and could see myself playing in Legion, maybe with a future alt if I dont burn out fast as usual

1 - Fury Warrior - number 1 with a bullet and back when I boosted him and started getting transmogs and whatnot, there was a moment where I thought "shit, maybe I should play Fury in Legion". Yes, I really really like Fury Warrior, shockingly so because I never cared for Warriors, or melee in general (a theme we will get back to). But the animations, heroic leap, the giant weapons, warriors having some of the best armor, just everything combines to something I could easily see myself playing.

2 - Havoc Demon Hunter - Really liked what I played and might have been higher if it had all the talents unlocked, for now its a bit of a question mark. I really like the mobility, I love using the flip back and dash back in attacks, I love the look of the skills, overall I just think they did a great job for the first interation of the class. And if I was inclined to tank, I really liked Vengeance aswell

3/4 - Unholy Death Knight and Ret Pali - Unholy DK is a weird thing for me because as I was leveling from 90 to 100 I didnt really like it (even tho as a pet fanboy I should), so much so I ended up lvling most of the way as Blood (which I REALLY liked), but recently I tried it again and it clicked more with me, I was using the pustules better, and the idea of that artifact skill with summoning a bunch of zombies, man that sounds cool. And basically tied with it is Ret Pali, which I fully admit is a BORING ASS spec, but for some reason, I enjoy it, I dont know why. Maybe im too old for this shit and just enjoy simpler specs now (*cough*BM*cough*), but I just like how it flows. Its very boring dont get me wrong, but it works for me. I could see myself playing both the tank specs and the healing specs, if I was so inclined (which im not right now), as I like both. Plus im in love with Pali heroic T12 on a Draenei.

and then finally we have the actual contenders. Im 99.9% sure I will play one of these 2 specs.

1 - BM Hunter - what can I say, im a pet fanboy and I think BM plays pefectly for this. Dire beast when you start getting your procs gives you a little pet army, and of course you have a actual second pet with your artifact (which ive been asking for years). The spec is VERY simple (aka the 3 button spec) but like I said with Ret, I actually like that. Im almost sure this is my main in legion. For bonus points I really enjoy Survival aswell, unlike the next class where I only really like one spec.

2 - Demo Warlock - and the would be main if the spec didnt feel so clunky. Granted, the main reason I wanted to main Demo Lock was the artifact, and me being a pet fanboy, but unfortunately something just feels...off about the gameplay, and im not sure im ready to main a spec in the hopes that they improve it. It will most likely be my first alt in Legion tho.

Also both Hunter and Lock (and Warrior because of the boost) are the only clase with maxed professions which I like to have at the start of a expansion.

If you want to watch a more cintific approach to how to choose a main, Bellullar Gaming has a nice video out on what you should consider

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So there are fewer zones, but they are larger? As I mentioned yesterday, I've really not done a ton of research into the expansion.

They actually look pretty small to me based on their maps. I guess we'll just have to see how they actually feel.

I mean, Pandaria technically has 7 zones to Legion's 5, but Pandaria has a pair of zone groups that are essentially a single zone split into two (townlong/dreadwastes and valley/krasarang)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They actually look pretty small to me based on their maps. I guess we'll just have to see how they actually feel.

everything looks small for cosmic horror nightmares tho

Sölf

So there are fewer zones, but they are larger? As I mentioned yesterday, I've really not done a ton of research into the expansion.

What definitly is different is that all zones are also max level zones because of the scaling tech. So even if they are smaller, because basically the whole continent becomes max level content it will probably still feel pretty big.

Meguro

Banned
You know, I never noticed it before but someone in here said all gaming WoW threads have the same tone to them and now I can't stop noticing it.

Rhaknar

You know, I never noticed it before but someone in here said all gaming WoW threads have the same tone to them and now I can't stop noticing it.

you mean the "I dont play this game but its STILL popular so lets shit on it with uninformed remarks" tone?

Anoregon

you mean the "I dont play this game but its STILL popular so lets shit on it with uninformed remarks" tone?

You can also start to notice a few repeat offenders, too. Folks who chime into every WoW thread about how it still sucks forever because X.

Meguro

Banned

That's a bit harsh but kinda?
It's a lot of people that haven't touched the game in ages talking about how Blizzard ruined it.
Which is fine! People have their opinions and can dislike the game all they like.
It's just weird to me.

I take you were reading the WoD thread over on Gaming?

Yup yup.

Rizzi

People talk about vanilla and TBC like they were the greatest things ever.
They weren't. Lots of super dumb things that have been removed over the years.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
All of these one shot mechanics on the mini-bosses makes it really f ucking annoying to do invasions. It's smarter to just wait until it almost dies to tag it rather than helping.

Top Bottom