• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah. I was seeing if the tank or melee dps trinkets would drop for me even though i'm a healer.

You can get every trinket on one character. The first trinket you get on a character will be for their spec, but every one after that is random.

Aeana

Rösti;215056764 said:
I intend to make the Legion OT a few hours before launch on August 30, Central European time.

Even though I already responded to this earlier, it occurs to me that I didn't read it very well. If you'd like, you can make the thread earlier than that. ~24 hours ahead of time is fine.

Man those invasion events sure suck, huh? Neat once, but they take for fucking ever and lots of times if there are no healers you're just corpse running over and over and over.

Swig_

What are these HUD things that show up on my screen? Firey stuff for a mage, my Fury warrior had them and I think my DK. Two lines on either side of the screen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What are these HUD things that show up on my screen? Firey stuff for a mage, my Fury warrior had them and I think my DK. Two lines on either side of the screen.
They denote procs most of the time, and are usually prompts to use certain abilities that either unlock or become super-powered through a passive buff. Should probably see one of your ability icons highlighted too as a result.

Strimei

They're visual indicators of a proc you have that involves a specific move.

Usually the move gets highlighted on your bar, too. For example, on your warrior, the visuals indicate you have enough rage to use rampage or whatever it is.

Pendas

Banned
So are there thousands of names in Llmbo on the WoW Servers? I tried making an alt; his name wasn't taken in the armory but was unavailable in the launcher. Does this mean the name was from a deleted, inactive character and is currently on hold until it's released when Legion launches?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Foolishly I tried to start levelling up a healer again.

You never quite understand how much randoms are dicks until you play healer. God damn.

Yup! Was lvling my druid pre-invasions and in some dungeon the tank started pulling a million packs because hes a superhero tank of course (this was after the legion patch too when tanks got a survivability nerf) and I cant keep him up (and the rest of the party who is now taking damage from random mobs that escape his aggro) and he goes off "fucking stupid healer keep up you fucking noob" etc.

That was fun, it instantly reminded me why I intend to play dps and dps only in Legion :)

HowZatOZ

Banned
They were fun for the first few days but now I just find a safe spot and AFK to go do things around the house.
Everyone just leaves at phase three anyway to reset. You can earn a ridiculous amount of XP per hour if you tag everything in the first two phases and just constantly reset. Then a abut 20 mins before the invasion rrsets you complete it fully.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Yak is better with the transmog npc available whenever you go. Although that's still 100k, which is not as easy to get as the 15k(?) for the mammoth.

Mammoth is literally gold profit. You make that gold back so quickly from stuff you would have otherwise destroyed.
Yak is actually taking gold FROM you

Brokun

So are there thousands of names in Llmbo on the WoW Servers? I tried making an alt; his name wasn't taken in the armory but was unavailable in the launcher. Does this mean the name was from a deleted, inactive character and is currently on hold until it's released when Legion launches?

They recently did a full refresh of the website and the new armory doesn't quite work properly yet. Currently it doesn't show all existing characters when you do a search. If it says unavailable in the game then it probably means the name is already taken on the server.

Pendas

Banned
They recently did a full refresh of the website and the new armory doesn't quite work properly yet. Currently it doesn't show all existing characters when you do a search. If it says unavailable in the game then it probably means the name is already taken on the server.

Ah, thank you. My current plan was to name them something stupid, then wait for Legion and re-name them when the names cleared.

Dodged a bullet there, but now it's time to look for new names : /

Yup! Was lvling my druid pre-invasions and in some dungeon the tank started pulling a million packs because hes a superhero tank of course (this was after the legion patch too when tanks got a survivability nerf) and I cant keep him up (and the rest of the party who is now taking damage from random mobs that escape his aggro) and he goes off "fucking stupid healer keep up you fucking noob" etc.

That was fun, it instantly reminded me why I intend to play dps and dps only in Legion :)

It's really frustrating because playing healer is actually really rewarding when you have a good group.

Superhero tanks are the worst. I get dungeons aren't the hardest thing in the world these days but if you are out of range I literally can't heal you and guess what? My healing spells have cast times.

ampere

That tank sounds like a Trump voter

Good healers are going to be in super high demand in Legion

Trying to get yet another character to 98 for the sole purpose of buying those toys from the troll that only exists during the broken shore event but BEFORE you actually go there. So dumb.

Feels like invasion xp isn't scaling as well at like 75+ or so. Maybe it never did?

styl3s

people crying to get "vanilla servers" or how the good old days were better probably havent played the game in years.

"oh man it was awesome to have to go to meeting stones instead of queuing"

no it wasnt, it was a pain. these are the same people that are probably crying to get vial mount rides to invasions because they cant be bothered to get there themselves :3
I would roll and play on a vanilla server if they gave the option.

Also, why do people give a shit if people like vanilla? Not everyone enjoys the casual version of WOW.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would roll and play on a vanilla server if they gave the option.

Also, why do people give a shit if people like vanilla? Not everyone enjoys the casual version of WOW.

becasuse the people who call it 'the casual version of wow' usually have raid progression of LFR and an arena rating of 1300

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They really ought to make a minor glyph for Shadow Priests where Voidform/Shadowform is only activated when you go into combat.

I want to enjoy transmog too.

Strimei

They really ought to make a minor glyph for Shadow Priests where Voidform/Shadowform is only activated when you go into combat.

I want to enjoy transmog too.

There is Glyph of Shadow, but that just keeps you non-shadow, even when you go voidform, which is annoying, as I actually like the voidform look.

Wish there was a middle ground, yeah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There is Glyph of Shadow, but that just keeps you non-shadow, even when you go voidform, which is annoying, as I actually like the voidform look.

Wish there was a middle ground, yeah.

The glyph has a much milder effect in Legion. It's a cool look, but it's a look I've seen for over 7 years.

SZips

Been playing again for about the past month after having not played since right at Cataclysm's launch. Been enjoying the game again!

Then tonight I went to buy a 60-day game time card from Amazon as I was down to just a few hours left, and despite sending me two confirmation mails, they never gave me a redemption code. Now I have to play the waiting game with Amazon support.

erawsd

The concern is that the leveling process feels like a single player game with other people wandering around. Some people like that, I guess, but I certainly miss the way it used to be. I play other MMOs where it's still the case still which makes the contrast bolder in my mind.

Yeah, I agree. Even Legion doesn't do much to address that during the "level up" phase. They do seem to be getting back to some of that at max level though. There are a number of group world quests and Mythic/Mythic+ are pretty much the only worthwhile way to run dungeons.

becasuse the people who call it 'the casual version of wow' usually have raid progression of LFR and an arena rating of 1300

This is so true. They in all likelihood haven't done high-end raiding in years if they ever have, if you could even reasonably compare some of the older content to modern Mythic. Encounter design has evolved so much, and on average encounters are in reality more difficult or complex, with the primary difference that organizational mechanics were more prominent (e.g. raid prep - resist gear, getting 25 or 40 people vs. 20 to show up at the same time, etc.) These organizational mechanics added some difficulty, but merely as barriers to actually playing the subgame of raiding.

Pruning the number of players down from 40 to 25 to a fixed 20 for the highest difficulty has only been a good thing - it's pretty much the optimal number of players to make the organizational mechanics have an impact, but not a major one, while allowing for specific encounter mechanics to be tuned to a sufficient difficulty. And Flex everything else is there for accessibility.

th3dude

This is so true. They in all likelihood haven't done high-end raiding in years if they ever have, if you could even reasonably compare some of the older content to modern Mythic. Encounter design has evolved so much, and on average encounters are in reality more difficult or complex, with the primary difference that organizational mechanics were more prominent (e.g. raid prep - resist gear, getting 25 or 40 people vs. 20 to show up at the same time, etc.) These organizational mechanics added some difficulty, but merely as barriers to actually playing the subgame of raiding.

Pruning the number of players down from 40 to 25 to a fixed 20 for the highest difficulty has only been a good thing - it's pretty much the optimal number of players to make the organizational mechanics have an impact, but not a major one, while allowing for specific encounter mechanics to be tuned to a sufficient difficulty. And Flex everything else is there for accessibility.

I'm a 'casual' player and I was really impressed with the encounters in HFC Heroic last night. First time I've done a harder mode of current content maybe ever. Had a lot of fun with those encounters.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hit 100 on my priest

rNCKBI0.png

100% spoops

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My name is Anoregon and I like to steal other classes sets

Khezu

I sorta understand why, but I wish Worgen could stay in their human form when casting heals, and maybe even offensive magic.

Id rather be a Gilneas human then a SW one.

Rhaknar

That set is broken on worgen because the snout ruins the "theres no face just tentacles" thing :(

Yes yes and inb4 worgens ruin every set or something

I sorta understand why, but I wish Worgen could stay in their human form when casting heals, and maybe even offensive magic.

Id rather be a Gilneas human then a SW one.

Its the same models?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
96 Shaman... so close.

Aeana

I decided it's time to level fishing before Legion, because I need to partake of that fishing artifact. Let the hand cramps begin.

keffri

I want to tank, but I feel like it'll be easier to get into keystone dungeons/raids with less experience as a DPS than as a tank.

Should I just go tank anyway? Or should I start DPS and transition later?

Rhaknar

I decided it's time to level fishing before Legion, because I need to partake of that fishing artifact. Let the hand cramps begin.

Self loathing hits us all eventually I guess

Top Bottom