• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I would roll and play on a vanilla server if they gave the option.

Also, why do people give a shit if people like vanilla? Not everyone enjoys the casual version of WOW.

becasuse the people who call it 'the casual version of wow' usually have raid progression of LFR and an arena rating of 1300

Exactly. The only people who hard core complain about wow being casual are usually LFR Allstars. They aren't going where the difficulty is.

lazygecko

I powerleveled a female blood elf warrior to 100, and now I kind of regret my race choice in retrospect. They just look terrible in most plate armor sets. Tons of pet peeves like the horizontally squished shoulderpads, thick gloves really accentuating their thin flimsy arms, etc...

Nere

I powerleveled a female blood elf warrior to 100, and now I kind of regret my race choice in retrospect. They just look terrible in most plate armor sets. Tons of pet peeves like the horizontally squished shoulderpads, thick gloves really accentuating their thin flimsy arms, etc...

Yeah warriors don't suit blood elves..... I remember once we had a goblic warrior tank he was so tiny I couldn't even see him during the fights:D

Both (for the time). TBC added arenas, flying, & heroic dungeons - What did WoD add that's anywhere near that big?

LFR bosses are better than raid bosses back then, but relative to their time, TBC impressed me more... Not saying other expansions are bad, though. MoP didn't really do anything to impress me, but it's still one of my all time favourite games.
You also have to look at the time they came out. BC was foreign and alien and blizzard was hitting their stride by doing things that people hadn't seen. It felt very very fresh The vanilla-Wrath time felt like more and more were being added to the game and it was improving. Lord was being resolved and the scale of the game felt epic and still felt dangerous. I felt like there was a definite decline with Cata because that's when they had a design philosophy shift. There wasn't as much danger in the world and the shift to being able to solo came into play hardcore. I feel like legion is attempting to reverse that with the class nerfs and change in design philosophy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I wish Amazon did that in the US but I'll probably get mine later in the day on Tuesday :(

amazon shipped Overwatch CE early... no idea why they're being wanks about this.

So the new tailoring bag is this http://www.wowhead.com/item=127035/silkweave-satchel#created-by-spell a 24 slot bag. Can anyone explain me its purpose since we can craft 30 slot bags? Who will choose this one?

30 slot bag is more than you need. back when you needed bank space, transmog space, toy space, crafting mats space, etc.. the rush to 30 slot bags was real. Now that most of that stuff is either in collections or its own spot in the bank, blizz is making a new "standard" bag that everyone can enjoy.. meanwhile the 28 and 30 slot bags are there for people who have the money to burn.

and considering that both of the last two top end bags need daily cool downs IN OLD XPACS.. at least for the time being those prices will go up even more. so sort of win/win. General pop gets a reasonable bag for a reasonable price, and tailors get to make bank off of people willing to pay 10x more for 4 or 6 extra slots.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
amazon shipped Overwatch CE early... no idea why they're being wanks about this.

30 slot bag is more than you need. back when you needed bank space, transmog space, toy space, crafting mats space, etc.. the rush to 30 slot bags was real. Now that most of that stuff is either in collections or its own spot in the bank, blizz is making a new "standard" bag that everyone can enjoy.. meanwhile the 28 and 30 slot bags are there for people who have the money to burn.

and considering that both of the last two top end bags need daily cool downs IN OLD XPACS.. at least for the time being those prices will go up even more. so sort of win/win. General pop gets a reasonable bag for a reasonable price, and tailors get to make bank off of people willing to pay 10x more for 4 or 6 extra slots.

In other words, get full 30s across your alts and banks sooner rather than later.

I've been leveling fishing on my new main by fishing in the Dalaran fountain. Surprisingly easy to get coins (nearly done with the achievements after a few hours) and I'm so happy you can turn off dialog, because fucking Rhonin and his speech every 2-3 minutes. Every time I see this thread title I chuckle.

In other words start farming fur to sell overpriced hexweave bags in legion, got it.

Pretty much yeah, I imagine if you have a barn it'll be ridiculously easy once you're 110 to spend 10-15 minutes trapping elites if you want to bother doing old content, since probably not many others will be. I'll probably spend a few minutes each week doing that on my tailor.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
How did you people decide what to main in Legion? Can't seem to decide between dk or shaman.
I was told the guild needed more ranged DPS for raiding. I looked up the artifact weapons for the different classes in Legion and found shadow priest to be the most interesting.

I suppose you could take a look at the respective order halls of death knights and shamans and decide based on that. You'll be spending quite some time in the order hall, so a place you like to look at could be a reason to choose a specific class.

iirate

Full looms and it only gave my monk half a level at 98..

I could swear I got more but I guess I'm just remembering wrong. The invasion leveling really drained me.

I went through it with heirlooms on my 98 warlock and the xp was pretty bad until the very end at stage 7, but my group killed a ton of demons and I was able to mass tag with Seed, and I got over half a level in that final stage alone. I have a feeling this is where people are seeing a discrepancy.

Grief.exe

Rösti;215171289 said:
I was told the guild needed more ranged DPS for raiding. I looked up the artifact weapons for the different classes in Legion and found shadow priest to be the most interesting.

I suppose you could take a look at the respective order halls of death knights and shamans and decide based on that. You'll be spending quite some time in the order hall, so a place you like to look at could be a reason to choose a specific class.

Can you go to the Order Halls right now? The DK one is reusing the old area I believe, so that's active.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Can you go to the Order Halls right now? The DK one is reusing the old area I believe, so that's active.
Acherus: The Ebon Hold you can visit right now, but I don't believe it has been upgraded to order hall yet. The paladin order hall beneath Light's Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands can be accessed, but I believe you will be instantly ported from there by the guards if you enter.

mileS

So I have the classic General title on my horde warrior, which means I have access to the high warlord weapon mogs. Something about them is really really buggy as far as using the skins on different characters. When I first logged back on after the xmog changes I figured I wouldn't even be able to use the skins on other characters at all, but I tried anyway. Which lead to lots of testing across 12+ characters on both alliance and horde.

A few examples.
-I can use the staff on my monk and druid.
-I can't use the 1h axe on my shaman but I can use the 1hand mace? Lol what.. Shaman can use the SoO heirloom 1h axe but not the warlord version.

A few more examples that are even more strange. Went to my alliance server and noticed I can use the 2h grand marshal mog on my dk, pally and so on. But I can't use the bow on my alliance hunter.

This clearly isn't just an example of 'I can only use the high warlord weapon transmogs of the actual weapons that my warrior can use' something is really buggy here and it is one of the things that I can see Blizzard never fixing.

Another example of some strange transmog things. I can use the Warsong Gulch tabard on my alt but not the Arathi Basin tabard. Both of them require rep but for some reason the WSG one I can use without.

ampere

So same as a lot of people here I tried leveling fishing.
I stopped after 10 minutes.
Holy crap, how have they not changed this tedious crap yet?
This is the worst thing I've ever done in WoW.

It's my friend's favorite thing in the game haha

Different strokes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How did you people decide what to main in Legion? Can't seem to decide between dk or shaman.

Played everything for a while. Settled on Unholy or Shadow. Easier to find raid spots as ranged, and since I want to clear mythic this expansion like I did in MOP, I went with the one that was easier to find raid spots with out of the two I found fun. Unholy will likely be my main alt if I pursue that option, but I'm really just trying to focus on one character and one spec mastery this expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm going to be spending a good amount of time today leveling cooking and fishing on my DK, since he's looking to be my main going into Legion and that means he has to have his skills up to snuff.

FUN.

Rokal

I haven't seen an official chat about it, but from the fishing artifact guide it seems like the fish you catch in Legion can be thrown back into the water for 5 fishing skill up.

Since you can catch fish at any skill level, that means you probably don't want to kill yourself leveling fishing before Tuesday. It seems like it will be much much faster at that point.

Here's an example, which I think is one of the common Legion fish:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133727/ghostly-queenfish

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm going to be spending a good amount of time today leveling cooking and fishing on my DK, since he's looking to be my main going into Legion and that means he has to have his skills up to snuff.

FUN.
Hey, if you have high Nat Paggle reputation on a character you can buy boa books that increase your fishing skill for gold.

Aeana

I got fishing to 250 and I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's not just boring, but my wrist is killing me already. Skillups are getting somewhat far between. Perhaps the fishing artifact and I were not meant to be together.

antonz

Didn't they do that only because the game launched a day early for retail?

That is the thing. Legion is launching a day early at retail so people can have their copy. Best Buy etc. say it goes on sale August 29th. Amazon is being an ass about it. It was "scheduled to ship" from Amazon by yesterday. Yet here we are today and it only just now hit shipping soon which actually means nothing will happen until Monday as far as shipping

What's everyone gonna be snacking on when Legion launches?!

x34Qa6A.jpg

Good ol' late night snack

Tarazet

I haven't seen an official chat about it, but from the fishing artifact guide it seems like the fish you catch in Legion can be thrown back into the water for 5 fishing skill up.

Since you can catch fish at any skill level, that means you probably don't want to kill yourself leveling fishing before Tuesday. It seems like it will be much much faster at that point.

Here's an example, which I think is one of the common Legion fish:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133727/ghostly-queenfish

Looks like they re-used the icon from the Magic Eater in Dalaran:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43572

Top Bottom