• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Been away for a while and tooling around without a guild right now, getting lots of rando guild invites. I'm amazed at how many that I simply have to reject based on the guild name alone. It has to be at least 50% that are awful/embarrassing/offensive. I guess it's just kids, but, man, even when I was a kid I know I would try to give my guild a respectable name. Running a guild is a lot of work, why would you give it a stupid ass name.

ampere

Yeah, and it has traits like

Underlight Blessing - Become a fish when underwater, allowing you to breathe water and swim rapidly. Passive.
Surface Tension - Walk on water. Passive.

Yeah it's pretty amazing. There's a bit of an attunement to unlock it though

Underlight Blessing - Become a fish when underwater, allowing you to breathe water and swim rapidly. Passive.

That's amazing, and my friend is going to hate me forever for telling him about it!

Been away for a while and tooling around without a guild right now, getting lots of rando guild invites. I'm amazed at how many that I simply have to reject based on the guild name alone. It has to be at least 50% that are awful/embarrassing/offensive. I guess it's just kids, but, man, even when I was a kid I know I would try to give my guild a respectable name. Running a guild is a lot of work, why would you give it a stupid ass name.

You don't want to join xXSmOkEwEeD420Xx ?

Is this thread going to get locked for the Gaming-side Legion thread? I'm just sort of dreading all of the drive-bys and shit-posting about WoD, how WoW is for casuals, game is ded and the usual shitck that rears its head whenever there's a gaming side topic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this thread going to get locked for the Gaming-side Legion thread? I'm just sort of dreading all of the drive-bys and shit-posting about WoD, how WoW is for casuals, game is ded and the usual shitck that rears its head whenever there's a gaming side topic.

It shouldnt be

mileS

mind is blown.

I need it. Main for legion has 0 fishing. Hunter is the only one with the skill maxed for now. I'm afraid I can't for now.

Khezu

Need 8 more levels on my shaman and 6 on my monk.

But I hate invasions so much.

I guess it's still better then Draneor.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Are you counting to 98 or 100? Because The Broken Shore can take you those extra two levels if you need it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are you counting to 98 or 100? Because The Broken Shore can take you those extra two levels if you need it.

No it cant. It barely gives you half a level, at least thats what happened to my druid

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No it cant. It barely gives you half a level, at least thats what happened to my druid
It topped me off at least a level, but I might have had a few heirlooms. It seemed like decent EXP that was a break from invasions, but it might not be quite as efficient.

Nope, both threads will co-exist

It shouldnt be

Awesome. That way if the gaming side OT is a gongshow, it won't be the only place to post.

It topped me off at least a level, but I might have had a few heirlooms. It seemed like decent EXP that was a break from invasions, but it might not be quite as efficient.

Full looms and it only gave my monk half a level at 98.

If you have Pathfinder, just do some Draenor bonus objectives. You'll blow through them being over-leveled and over-geared.

Rhaknar

I could swear I got more but I guess I'm just remembering wrong. The invasion leveling really drained me.

Youre just a big fat liar dimb :3

Edit: when did they spruce up the BM artifact bow skin, it looks great now, it's gigantic and if you see it in motion it has electricity comming off the ends

legion_alpha_21063_24.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
100 Shaman!!!!!!!

Tecnniqe

Banned

I want to say that Kamiski is joking but knowing this game he's not.

I love tanking but if you for some reason mess up once, even if its your first time, and its not a guild or friend run, people get sooooo toxic.

I did LFR the other day and a 740 or 50 something Pala tank just left because the offtank had no idea, offtank asked for guidance and while the pala was trying to help 90% of the group was trash-talking both of them for being idiots and that if you wipe on LFR you better uninstall the game and so on.

There are good and bad experiences to tanking but blame tank/healer have always been common and more so late expansion when everyone expect it to go 100% times faster.

Sölf

Rogue at 92. Not sure if he will reach 100 today as I don't have that much time. I will definitly level him to 100 before Legion, but I won't level the shaman. By now I am really tired of Invasions... xD

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the facebook streaming is very convenient but kind of useless if you want it on your youtube account or something.

hopefully they add youtube/twitch to the streaming services

quality wasnt super great either

Rizzi

Huh, turns out I've got a level 81 priest swimming around in Vashj'ir that I completely forgot about. Might have to transfer her on to my main server.

Gunsmithx

I need that fishing artifact... but I wonder if they'll let us keep that at least if they get rid of the other artifacts next expansion.

Zelias

Banned
I should probably get fishing and archi levelled on my DK in the days we have left... what a pain though. Oh well, guess I'll blitz the rest of season 3 of Brooklyn Nine Nine!

Auctopus

Could someone explain to me the XP cycle of a low-level invasion character?

I'm level 18 trying to level this Mage but I'm unsure the timin for these relogs etc. Plus a huge amount of my time is travelling between invasion points which take forever at my level. When I relog during the invasion, it always brings me back to the same stage.

lazygecko

You know you've been playing too much WoW when you have a nightmare about buying something from the auction house for 90 gold, but you got the decimals wrong and it was in fact 900,000 gold.

xRaizen

ShopTo have outdone themselves.

(I assume they dispatched it a bit early so the bank holiday doesn't get in the way, but this is by some margin the earliest I've got a CE release)
I wish Amazon did that in the US but I'll probably get mine later in the day on Tuesday :(

I'm level 18 trying to level this Mage but I'm unsure the timin for these relogs etc. Plus a huge amount of my time is travelling between invasion points which take forever at my level. When I relog during the invasion, it always brings me back to the same stage.

Relog at the start of phase 3 (when the bosses start spawning around the zone). Doing this I always come back in phase 1. Note that you need to actually log out, so if you do "exit now" and log back in before the character has timed out, you'll come back to the same invasion.

You don't need to travel at all if you do this (though it can get quite boring..)

lazygecko

If you're leveling in Tarren Mill, once you're 60+ and can use a flying mount, it pays off to do the first 2 bosses at the cliffs as well once phase 3 starts.

Shahadan

If you're alliance, just go to dun morogh, stay in front of the inn so you're always well rested, tag everything, relog on phase 3.

Phase 3 bosses give a lot of xp but running there at low level is a waste of time.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If you're alliance, just go to dun morogh, stay in front of the inn so you're always well rested, tag everything, relog on phase 3.

Phase 3 bosses give a lot of xp but running there at low level is a waste of time.

That's why I've been spending time flying a fellow gaffer around :) Got the rocket mount so ill just fly and tag everything and he got like 30 levels in 1,5 hours or something +/- downtime.

Ark

Oh damn I never bothered to read the traits, those are amazing :eek:

Hopefully I can get all my alts to 100 before Monday :)

Son1x

So many things to do, so few days left >.<
Have to get all my professions to max, level my DK (87 atm), all while doing a lot of dailies for various mounts.

i can't seem to find any performance topics for this so will ask here. i'm getting heavy framedrops when turning the camera. from a solid 60fps to as low as 35-40fps then it shoots right back up. my pc is an i7-6700K (4.5Ghz), 16GB DDR4 2400, GTX 1070 8GB.

i thought it was because i had everything up full except AA which was FXAA high and at 1440p but still happens at 1080p. my gpu drivers are fully updated and so is the game as i just downloaded it last night. haven't played since just after warlords came out which ran just fine on my old pc which was an i5-4590, 16GB DDR3 1600, R9 290 4GB.

as i understand it the requirements for the game have gone up but with my PC i should be fine. are there any settings that will be really demanding even for a high end PC that i should turn off?

Nere

i can't seem to find any performance topics for this so will ask here. i'm getting heavy framedrops when turning the camera. from a solid 60fps to as low as 35-40fps then it shoots right back up. my pc is an i7-6700K (4.5Ghz), 16GB DDR4 2400, GTX 1070 8GB.

i thought it was because i had everything up full except AA which was FXAA high and at 1440p but still happens at 1080p. my gpu drivers are fully updated and so is the game as i just downloaded it last night. haven't played since just after warlords came out which ran just fine on my old pc which was an i5-4590, 16GB DDR3 1600, R9 290 4GB.

as i understand it the requirements for the game have gone up but with my PC i should be fine. are there any settings that will be really demanding even for a high end PC that i should turn off?

Tbh WoW's engine is so old it will have fps drops no matter what system you have, I wouldn't worry that much about it.

Meguro

Banned
So same as a lot of people here I tried leveling fishing.
I stopped after 10 minutes.
Holy crap, how have they not changed this tedious crap yet?
This is the worst thing I've ever done in WoW.

Make sure all your add ins are updated. When the pre patch first dropped add ons fucked up everyone's FPS.

Top Bottom