• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

The one downside in going back to Druid is it will never have the amazing transmog I had on my Hunter

Rizzi

Uh, what spec? They all generate soul shards pretty reliably now. Shadowbolt, Doom, Conflagrate, and Drain Life are all an easy way to generate shards, and then Immolate, and Agony both have a chance of generating one too.

I am always capped when playing Afflic since there's nothing really to spend it on other than UA, and I can only cast UA so much.

Drain Life doesn't generate soul shards though.. Demonology seems like the only spec that I don't have trouble getting soul shards.

The1Ski

Did they happen to fix the boat to Northrend while they were at it? I wanna spend these TW tokens!

I took the boat last night and it worked fine. I was scared because I had died in the ocean several times.

But last night it worked, hopefully not a fluke.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did they happen to fix the boat to Northrend while they were at it? I wanna spend these TW tokens!

No idea. Use the portal from your Shrine in Pandaria. (where everyone should have their Hearthstone set, seriously)

Or even just take the jade forest portal in org (or i guess SW) and fly to your shrine to take the dal portal. That's a whole lote faster than flying to Dalaran from fjord or borean.

Robin64

Seriously, though, HS set to Shrine. No reason not to.

Though in Legion, you get a new Dalaran Hearthstone and Dalaran has nearly a million portals. You can actually set your real Hearthstone to where you are questing again.

Tecnniqe

Banned
None, they're too valuable for that and getting rep the old fashioned way is so easy.

Well what else is there to invest them into?
Shitty ass looking mount? =|

BTW is there a site I can use to check which raids I've completed this week and ones I have not ranked from expansions?

My head is spinning trying to get all of them in!

Or even just take the jade forest portal in org (or i guess SW) and fly to your shrine to take the dal portal. That's a whole lote faster than flying to Dalaran from fjord or borean.

Ahh! I didn't realize that was a thing. I hadn't played since Cata launch, so my time in panda land was very limited to just passing through for leveling purposes. I'm assuming I'll have to do some quest lines to get the shrine though, yeah?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
ALRIGHT HOMIES. Sorry, this game brought out my 2000's self. Here's the breakdown on the classes I have so far based on the pre-patch. Nothing serious, just personal addendums.

Paladin: Basically the same, so I still like it. I play prot.

Mage: Frost mage is mostly the same. Fire mage, on the other hand, is a LOT of fun. I feel like your abilities give you at least four or five different ways to burn everything alive. I do like Frost Mage's talent to remove your water elemental a lot, as I always found it kind of extraneous.

Death Knight: I dabbled in Unholy, which is really fun, more so than I remember. The focus on plague abilities gives it a unique identity. But Frost is my main spec, and it's REALLY fun. The new animations make all the difference, and you really feel like an icy death machine as you cleave and rip your foes apart.

Warrior: Fury warrior is a lot like Frost DK. In fact, they're the most similar specs I've ever seen in this game. Run up to enemy, beat them to death. That said, it's just as fun.

Rogue: Outlaw Rogues are AWESOME!!! Using a pistol is a nice new addition and it really feels like they added a swashbuckling class to the game. The dice move is a crapshoot but it's nice to have a gambler-esque class in the game.

I have no blasted idea what I am going to main for Legion. Every class is improved by a ton, IMO.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Though in Legion, you get a new Dalaran Hearthstone and Dalaran has nearly a million portals. You can actually set your real Hearthstone to where you are questing again.

Really? Nice. The only time I do this nowadays is when lvling alts lol.

M.D

Am I supposed to do something to make Gara'jal spawn? I killed all the trash and there are 3 circling in the air throwing bombs, but he is not there

Not a big fan of Beast Mastery at the moment because the pets feel like they're made of paper. I dig how you can call more pets out, but it would be REALLY nice if the pets that got called in to attack were ones we had, not some random Toucan or some shit. I don't feel like a bad ass summoning Toucan Sam.

Where would you fine folks recommend getting addons from now a days? I seem to recall Curse being the place back during the WotLK days, but I'm not sure if there is a better option out there now.

e90Mark

Where would you fine folks recommend getting addons from now a days? I seem to recall Curse being the place back during the WotLK days, but I'm not sure if there is a better option out there now.

Still Curse. Curse Client is great keeping everything organized and up to date.

Robin64

Though soon you'll need to use Curse App, which I see lots of people moaning about.

I don't even know what it is, some kind of chat social thing?

Istaerion

Though soon you'll need to use Curse App, which I see lots of people moaning about.

I don't even know what it is, some kind of chat social thing?

It's basically Curse's answer to Discord combined with a bunch of other social features. I don't get the immense hate, but I can certainly understand how some aren't exactly thrilled to go from a simple client to something that has a ton of features they will likely never use.

Tecnniqe

Banned
How easy are the MoP raids for a 664 prot to solo?

Should I bring 5 or more people with me?

Considering doing some mog runs later tonight on EU realm

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've put a bit of time into all the available specs on live at 100, so I wrote out my thoughts on each one. Some thoughts include beta experience, too.
Just a few thoughts:
I would say that the appeal of Fury Warrior is how unrestricted the spec is. The kit is not gated by rage or enrage. You look to keep enrage up as much as possible, and that is what your rage is spent towards, but the spec is not held back by waiting for something like energy regen, and it does not build to a specific moment. You "go off" regularly. Its tools for any situation are always within reach. Sudden AoE? You can Whirlwind whenever you want and follow it up with the builder or the spender and its still strong. Because of this I consider the spec to be very easy to play at a base level. It is unlike any other melee spec in the game because of how open it is. Personally, I am going to kind of miss the old proc based gameplay of Fury, but with few hard limiters to the Legion version its easy to see how much more potential it has.

For Arms, I would actually say Overpower feels really awful to use. Its low rage cost leaves it as a GCD that does little to reset CS or Battlecry if that is talented. It's the same problem Rend has now where anything extra on the kit just does not feel right because all you want to do is spend and reset, particularly when talented abilities do not play into the Trauma bleed, and they see little benefit from the passive artifact talents. Arms is something I want to watch, because it will be the poster boy for a class being ignored for nerfed in PvE because of what it can do in PvP even after Blizzard implemented the tools for this to not happen.

Tenebrous

How easy are the MoP raids for a 664 prot to solo?

Should I bring 5 or more people with me?

Considering doing some mog runs later tonight on EU realm

Don't even try at 664.

3 people around iLvl 700 for MSV & ToES should be fine. Maybe a bit more than that for HoF & ToT, and quite a bit more for SoO.

Jag

You can actually get your new Dalaran Hearthstone now from the Innkeeper in current (soon to be Old) Dalaran. It gives you an error when you use it.

Zelias

Banned
You can actually get your new Dalaran Hearthstone now from the Innkeeper in current (soon to be Old) Dalaran. It gives you an error when you use it.
Yeah, it's a funny oversight(?) but ultimately useless and just taking up a space in your bag. Still, with the wardrobe I suppose I have room to spare...

Lain

Having played a bit with my chars my tally feels like this for now:
Ret Paladin feels durable and boring.
WW Monk feels interesting but somewhat defenseless (based on what I was used to last year).
Outlaw Rogue feels strong but paperthin (I miss poisons).
BM Hunter feels strong but a bit on the boring side and slow. I loved going through old dungeons/raids with my hunters because of the aspects.

I'd like to try Holy Paladin changes, but I don't feel like killing people.
Maybe I should finish leveling my gnome Warrior, since she only has 7 levels left before 100.

Respect

Having played a bit with my chars my tally feels like this for now:
Ret Paladin feels durable and boring.
WW Monk feels interesting but somewhat defenseless (based on what I was used to last year).
Outlaw Rogue feels strong but paperthin (I miss poisons).
BM Hunter feels strong but a bit on the boring side and slow. I loved going through old dungeons/raids with my hunters because of the aspects.

I'd like to try Holy Paladin changes, but I don't feel like killing people.
Maybe I should finish leveling my gnome Warrior, since she only has 7 levels left before 100.

For pvp (all @ 110 on beta), WW Monk and Outlaw Rogue are both looking scary good (will probably both get toned down some). Holy paladin too is also quite strong. Ret appears to be on the weaker side. Haven't seen much BM hunter yet.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Drain Life doesn't generate soul shards though.. Demonology seems like the only spec that I don't have trouble getting soul shards.

It's drain soul, and its probably the go-to talent for everything but ST fights anyway.

Regardless, the problem with warlock even aff warlock isn't the soul shard generation. I have too many shards as aff and demo is repetitive as fuck. The only spec that's actually fun now is destro since they made Wreak Havoc and Fire and Brimstone passive.

It's basically Curse's answer to Discord combined with a bunch of other social features. I don't get the immense hate, but I can certainly understand how some aren't exactly thrilled to go from a simple client to something that has a ton of features they will likely never use.

I guess it's semantics but Curse Voice was out way before Discord was. People are really weird with not wanting to use it on principle because reasons.

I don't really get the hate either, I don't have either Curse Voice or the Client run at startup, and apparently people already forgot the old curse client used to install malware all the goddamn time because it had google ads on it. I use CV for PVP though, so it's nice they're unifying their programs for me.

The1Ski

Not a big fan of Beast Mastery at the moment because the pets feel like they're made of paper. I dig how you can call more pets out, but it would be REALLY nice if the pets that got called in to attack were ones we had, not some random Toucan or some shit. I don't feel like a bad ass summoning Toucan Sam.

I was thinking the same thing. And hanging around for 8 seconds there's a lot of times I don't see what was summoned. I'd rather just pick the pet that joins my other pet.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm really considering getting DH as my PvP main and Pala as my more casual Dungeon/LFR/Raid PvE thing.

Looks to be the best option right now.

Ashodin

Idk I'm loving the shit out of ret. I love the class wholeheartedly anyway, but the new rotation is much more forgiving and easy to setup.

I can pull huge packs of mobs, go into AOE Zeal mode, then if they get snarky, holy wrath bomb and bubble, shit is so satisfying to watch them explode.

Respect

I'm really considering getting DH as my PvP main and Pala as my more casual Dungeon/LFR/Raid PvE thing.

Looks to be the best option right now.

DH's are dropping people in 3~ seconds in their burst windows from near full right now. I am sure they will get toned down some, outside of their burst windows they are probably too weak and that will probably get buffed there.

Their burst windows are fairly large too, meta lasts 30 seconds (5 CD) I don't think any other class has a burst window that lasts half that long.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Idk I'm loving the shit out of ret. I love the class wholeheartedly anyway, but the new rotation is much more forgiving and easy to setup.

I can pull huge packs of mobs, go into AOE Zeal mode, then if they get snarky, holy wrath bomb and bubble, shit is so satisfying to watch them explode.
All I've seen is much hate and a few really loving it.

So weird.

A couple of specs that have really surprised me.

Discipline priest. I've wanted a pandaren light-based damage dealer and since they can't be paladins, priest is the next choice. As far as open world soloing goes they have fantastic survivability and can put out a decent amount of damage so killing things doesn't feel like a chore.

Subtlety rogue. I really feel like a ninja while playing this spec. Again, really good survivability and I kill things so fast. I miss Burst of Speed, though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
DH's are dropping people in 3~ seconds in their burst windows from near full right now. I am sure they will get toned down some, outside of their burst windows they are probably too weak and that will probably get buffed there.

Their burst windows are fairly large too, meta lasts 30 seconds (5 CD) I don't think any other class has a burst window that lasts half that long.
I just really want war glaives :)
Also them horn tho!

Really cool hearing good stuff about it. Mostly played arena in the past so a big burst window should be great if it's still there.

Fjordson

I can't stop playing Outlaw rogue. Think it's a lot of fun. As I said before, maybe not viable as a serious raiding spec, but it's a blast just playing casually.

Ashodin

A couple of specs that have really surprised me.

Discipline priest. I've wanted a pandaren light-based damage dealer and since they can't be paladins, priest is the next choice. As far as open world soloing goes they have fantastic survivability and can put out a decent amount of damage so killing things doesn't feel like a chore.

Subtlety rogue. I really feel like a ninja while playing this spec. Again, really good survivability and I kill things so fast. I miss Burst of Speed, though.
Holy shit yeah, disc feels amazing now. They've been moving towards this spec for a long time. Years.

I've always said the middle spec of priests should be between damage and healing, and they did it.

Man, we ran around in Kara last night and the size, scope, and design was just amazing. I forgot how cool some of that old stuff was.

Respect

I just really want war glaives :)
Also them horn tho!

Really cool hearing good stuff about it. Mostly played arena in the past so a big burst window should be great if it's still there.

Yeah, the funny part is that Blizz stated they wanted less CD reliance, yet many classes still seem to rely on burst CDs for kills. Matches are quicker now though, which is very welcome change. 15+ minute matches can get boring quickly.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah, the funny part is that Blizz stated they wanted less CD reliance, yet many classes still seem to rely on burst CDs for kills. Matches are quicker now though, which is very welcome change. 15+ minute matches can get boring quickly.
Had a 3v3 with a disc priest and affli lock left.

Shit was infuriating. Took like 12 minutes for oom and barely beat the disc.

As for cooldowns, at least in PvE you're gonna need to pop them as a prot I feel. You need that survivability CD in big packs if not you're probably dead.
As for PvP CD idk. Not spent much time on it as, well, saving DH for it.

Respect

Had a 3v3 with a disc priest and affli lock left.

Shit was infuriating. Took like 12 minutes for oom and barely beat the disc.

As for cooldowns, at least in PvE you're gonna need to pop them as a prot I feel. You need that survivability CD in big packs if not you're probably dead.
As for PvP CD idk. Not spent much time on it as, well, saving DH for it.

Yeah, I refuse to log onto live now and pvp, it is just completely broken and not enjoyable for me. The game is now designed around being level 110 with pvp talents and artifact weapons.

Top Bottom