• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Fjordson

It's always weird when people say that the tiers ahve been bad since BC or WOTLK or whatever

like ok. and that's not even me cashing in on the easy challenge mode sets which have stuff like betrayer, howling beast, light warrior
Agreed, there's been plenty of good ones after Wrath.

My mage is wearing the time lord one right now from Dragon Soul. Looks dope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shameful.

sush you.

Enhancement seems super fun, great first ipression. And hey I just noticed I DO have a reason to use crash lightning on signle target because I picked up the talent that gives it a dot, so yay for pretty visuals

I was getting my prot pally to get her to 60 (female belf) for the 100 boost.

I got the bloodscale legguards on accident, they were better than my previous pants, equipped em and realized they were the panty armor afterwards

could have sold em for a good chunk of gold, now debating race changing my warrior and DK
not actually serious maybe

Shahadan

Becasue it's cosmetic and outside of PVP mounts, everything cosmetic is account-wide.

Maybe next expansion, as it stands it's cosmetic but it has purpose and the unlock requirements are not made for that and pretty character specific.
The only one that could be made account wide is the pvp ones but some people only play pvp so it wouldn't be fair and there would be nerd rage anyway.

dragn

today i copied the ptr data folder from one drive to another so i dont have to download everything for my live client. but now the ptr client lags like shit only getting 1-5 fps and task manager shows 2000 ms access latency :/
only the wow ptr is like this on that drive, both ssds

Tecnniqe

Banned
today i copied the ptr data folder from one drive to another so i dont have to download everything for my live client. but now the ptr client lags like shit only getting 1-5 fps and task manager shows 2000 ms access latency :/
only the wow ptr is like this on that drive, both ssds

check file integrity?

Just a few thoughts:
I would say that the appeal of Fury Warrior is how unrestricted the spec is. The kit is not gated by rage or enrage. You look to keep enrage up as much as possible, and that is what your rage is spent towards, but the spec is not held back by waiting for something like energy regen, and it does not build to a specific moment. You "go off" regularly. Its tools for any situation are always within reach. Sudden AoE? You can Whirlwind whenever you want and follow it up with the builder or the spender and its still strong. Because of this I consider the spec to be very easy to play at a base level. It is unlike any other melee spec in the game because of how open it is. Personally, I am going to kind of miss the old proc based gameplay of Fury, but with few hard limiters to the Legion version its easy to see how much more potential it has.

For Arms, I would actually say Overpower feels really awful to use. Its low rage cost leaves it as a GCD that does little to reset CS or Battlecry if that is talented. It's the same problem Rend has now where anything extra on the kit just does not feel right because all you want to do is spend and reset, particularly when talented abilities do not play into the Trauma bleed, and they see little benefit from the passive artifact talents. Arms is something I want to watch, because it will be the poster boy for a class being ignored for nerfed in PvE because of what it can do in PvP even after Blizzard implemented the tools for this to not happen.
Yeah, I put a bit more time into Fury last night and I found myself enjoying it more. Wrecking ball and Inner Rage made a big difference in me liking the spec.

I appreciate the openness of the spec, like you said. It feels like you aren't making a mistake by pressing a certain skill when it feels like a good opportunity to do so. I've noticed that the Carnage talent is useful more because it lets me delay a rampage without missing out on anything, letting me hit another skill or two first when it's more opportune to do so and not rage capping.

It's the polar opposite of the current Ret Paladin, which already feels like it has a set-in-stone rotation to me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Very first time tanking as a Blood DK and I get kicked for dying twice. Thanks, assholes. Particularly Magmor on the Uldaman server. That's right, I'm calling you out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just realised something, if we do the broken isle intro thing on various characters, arent we wasting xp since we cant get it yet?

I mean, not that it matters I guess with the new scaling and im sure you get enough anyway from all the zones

Rhaknar

Demon Blades
Demon Blades gives players access to another playstyle, but you are pressing less buttons.

what does this even mean? Im looking at the talent and it just looks like a passive like any other class has (auto attacks have a 75% chance to deal shadow dmg and generate fury), why does it "give access to another playstyle and you press less buttons"?

Hixx

Demon Blades
Demon Blades gives players access to another playstyle, but you are pressing less buttons.

what does this even mean? Im looking at the talent and it just looks like a passive like any other class has (auto attacks have a 75% chance to deal shadow dmg and generate fury), why does it "give access to another playstyle and you press less buttons"?

It takes away a resource building ability. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=162243/demons-bite

Hixx

I accidentally selected that talent on Beta during the starter zone. It made playing the class feel awkward, I'm not sure how many people will take it.

Potentially able to carry a couple people on heroic archimonde tonight for a moose, Horde-US. I raid 11-2 central time, so somewhere in that timeframe.

If interested, PM on GAF your battletag and I'll add you if I'm able to get you in. My battletag is similar to my name here, so you shouldn't wonder if it's me or not.

All tentative, but if heroic clear is all we end up doing tonight I can probably fit 2-3 people in for an archimonde carry.

MMaRsu

So those amazing tier armors posted above.. all pvp content or? im lvl 86 now.. on to 90

Pandara seems slow questing wise

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not having new stuff to do next week will make me go insane.

I feel like im stuck in a bad limbo.

I cant progress my gear as its more or less obsolete in 2 weeks and the mog runs I want I cant do due to gear and the rest is on a lockout within a day.

>.<

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not having new stuff to do next week will make me go insane.

I feel like im stuck in a bad limbo.

I cant progress my gear as its more or less obsolete in 2 weeks and the mog runs I want I cant do due to gear and the rest is on a lockout within a day.

>.<

Play something else. Appreciate the free time.

only reason I'm on is to get my Druids professions up to a reasonable skill level using the cheap mats

Rhaknar

Im having a blast lvling my alts to 100 /shrug (but I only came back a little over a week ago after being away for a year and half)

Thought I was done after the DK but Enh Shammy got its hooks in me. Although after that one I don't see myself lvling another until DHs (thats what I said with the DK tho)

Rhaknar

DH unlocks when No Man's Sky comes out... I see what you did there Blizz

Rhaknar

Did they fix Hati so it acts like the normal hunter pet (pulls away when you put it to passive etc)?

A video I saw of the beta (alpha) it wouldn't let go of a training dummy like the normal pet

-Digits-

I'm hyped for DH early access. I played around a little with both specs on beta. The dps spec is probably not for me but I'm interested in their tank spec. It's between that and a Guardian Druid main at this point.

RPGCrazied

Don't get me wrong, I love WoW. Been playing it for 10 years. But I really hate how they are trying to make the game way to easy, and gutting classes. Its like we have less abilities than in the last expansion when they cut abilities again. They should left it alone after changing it from the talent trees. I'm like what have you done with my class several times when playing with the new patch. I really don't like it.

And the auto attack is so funny looking. Every time after a spell they just sit there with arms out breathing or something. Looks weird.

I way prefer how different everything feels from WoD...or I would if a lot of the specs didn't suck ass. But hey artifacts will help

Actually feels like theres some choice put into the talent trees, first time I've liked the Mists era talent tree

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
except the high level of raiding tends to get more difficult with every expansion

skills are going to get removed pretty regularly from a 12 year old game

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't know how to pin-point my issue with the classes but most of them feels weird to play. I don't get it.

Just...Don't feel right. They feel weak, and like you just stand there waiting.

Not sure how else to explain it.

Might be down to the rotation and audio feedback really. Prot pala got some great audio going on, feels really powerful when you shield throw and such. I can't seem to find that in the other classes.

Rhaknar

I don't know how to pin-point my issue with the classes but most of them feels weird to play. I don't get it.

Just...Don't feel right. They feel weak, and like you just stand there waiting.

Not sure how else to explain it.

Might be down to the rotation and audio feedback really. Prot pala got some great audio going on, feels really powerful when you shield throw and such. I can't seem to find that in the other classes.

You haven't played blood/frost dk then, dem slash sounds

Tecnniqe

Banned
You haven't played blood/frost dk then, dem slash sounds

Cant really say DK grabbed me. Not tried blood but thats another tank and I already found a tank I really enjoy. As for their DPS I played a bit of Frost but mostly Unholy, however most of the time I feel I'm waiting for runes and my character is just stood there still.

It's not level 100 but I didnt feel it. It's so weird. I used to play it a ton before but I can't seem to get into it at all.

I'm also trying to expand outside the plate users and thats my main struggle. I really liked Warlock before the patch but after the changes it kinda fell off the radar and the only spec that felt somewhat alright was Demo.

Like a super first world problem but since 7.0 I've been having a real hard time finding a class to take forward. And a week into trying everything I still feel stuck in the decision as I mostly play PvP and Prot Pala dont really seem like something to do Arena and such with.

I have high hopes for DH to take my curiosity and feed it enough for me to properly enjoy it at a DPS level.

biaxident

Like a super first world problem but since 7.0 I've been having a real hard time finding a class to take forward. And a week into trying everything I still feel stuck in the decision as I mostly play PvP and Prot Pala dont really seem like something to do Arena and such with.

I have high hopes for DH to take my curiosity and feed it enough for me to properly enjoy it at a DPS level.

Take a look at every artifact. Every class basically feels like they're missing something, its because it's the artifact really. I've wittled my choice down to dk or warrior basically, so taking a look at the artifact and which is more interesting will be a major factor.

On another note, was 4th on LFR archimonde as survival, not too shabby. 684 only and 3/33 tomes, doubt I can finish the quest though. Kinda weird how their mastery is pretty meh and bad.

Westlo

Demon hunters playable on august 9th :D

Another boring next week then

Hopefully i hit 1 million gold for the first time that week....

Came back at 800k 2 weeks ago, dropped to 600k (50k token) and now back @ 760k. Really should've hit it in mists...

Top Bottom