• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate them reusing old ideas at times, I really wish they would do a 'Greatest Hits' release of tier sets. Not as an actual raid tier but like, it's what they should have done with the Order Hall Campaign reward. Cleaned up, redone with greater details versions of the greatest tier sets in WoW with all the advances in technology they have now.

Judgement, Dreadnaught, Demon Stalker, Cataclysm, Bloodfang, etc

My friends and I usually come back for a month or two with every new expansion, is there anything besides early DH access that would merit re-subbing early or are we cool to just wait?

Robin64

My friends and I usually come back for a month or two with every new expansion, is there anything besides early DH access that would merit re-subbing early or are we cool to just wait?

If you want to take part in the Legion invasions across Azeroth, you'll need to do that pre-expansion. The other quests that will happen will still be available when Legion launches, but the main invasions are exclusive.

Rixxan

As much as I hate them reusing old ideas at times, I really wish they would do a 'Greatest Hits' release of tier sets. Not as an actual raid tier but like, it's what they should have done with the Order Hall Campaign reward. Cleaned up, redone with greater details versions of the greatest tier sets in WoW with all the advances in technology they have now.

yeah, or just update the old models

bloodfang is one of the all time great rogue sets but its showing its age with low poly low texture res big time, can't in good faith wear it

Tecnniqe

Banned

Outside judgement, what other sets would there be?
It's the only greatest set =}

Ashodin

You can gear up early if you'd like. Invasions will have weapons unobtainable anywhere else.

Re tier discussion:

I put forth tier 4 tier 6 are GOAT.

Tenebrous

You can gear up early if you'd like. Invasions will have weapons unobtainable anywhere else.

Re tier discussion:

I put forth tier 4 tier 6 are GOAT.

You must play a Warlock.

I was thinking about this earlier, actually... TBC does has the best tier sets overall.

M.D

Is 685 Guardian Druid enough to tank normal HFC? I'm going come back from a break plus was previously playing a Hunter, so he doesn't have the highest ilvl and also no access to Tannan

Is anyone (EU) interested in making a group make a full normal run?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is 685 Guardian Druid enough to tank normal HFC? I'm going come back from a break plus was previously playing a Hunter, so he doesn't have the highest ilvl and also no access to Tannan

Is anyone (EU) interested in making a group make a full normal run?
Depending on when I'm able to bring a 710 lock.
However I won't be home for like 2,5 hours
Edit: Ally

Tarazet

Warrior: Fury warrior is a lot like Frost DK. In fact, they're the most similar specs I've ever seen in this game. Run up to enemy, beat them to death. That said, it's just as fun.

I've been leveling, switching between Fury and Protection.. the pace of combat and all the movement hacks you get make me sweat, in a good way. It's so frenetic, breakneck and badass. Only Windwalker comes close.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Would be cooler if Invasions started the 2nd, but that's not too bad.

B00TE

So happy they are coming out before I have to leave for a week. I was worried I'd miss the DH launch but now I'm so hyped. Still can't decide blood elf or night elf though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sounds good, but I'll leave it for a week or two. Don't want anyone to steal my name while I'm on the character creation screen.

7.0 gave everyone another char slot, you should have your name reserved already!

Tenebrous

7.0 gave everyone another char slot, you should have your name reserved already!

I reserved the name "Dps" & I'm scared that someone will try it out because fuck it why not (which is how I got it with the extra character slot) between the time I delete the placeholder & log in with my DH.

Shahadan

Is there a way to disable achievements in the guild chat? I'm really tired of multiple people saying "gg" everytime I fart and get an achievement.

StMeph

Outside of the well-known shoulders, Dreadnaught is actually a pretty bland set. It lacks cohesion and any other identifying features or themes, and every other piece that's not shoulders pretty much looks like an NPC set of basic plate armor.

Ashodin

You must play a Warlock.

I was thinking about this earlier, actually... TBC does has the best tier sets overall.

fuck no.

I don't like Warlocks.

I forgot, Tier 10 is great too

Here's all the Tiers I like:

51gr49h.gif
LB0ny3w.gif
oGctw1w.gif
a2X6VSp.gif
oMc1NeM.gif

Also WTF at this not being available any more

It's fucking amazing

GptVUDq.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and thats my DK at 100. Really enjoyed the last 2 levels as blood, wish I played more of it, its my favorite spec

edit:
Pre-Expansion Patch Content
You can do the full starting experience and then play the game once Demon Hunters are unlocked.
You can do the Broken Shore intro with another character, but not on the Demon Hunter.

why the fuck cant you do it on demon hunters?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
and thats my DK at 100. Really enjoyed the last 2 levels as blood, wish I played more of it, its my favorite spec

You can do the full starting experience and then play the game once Demon Hunters are unlocked.
You can do the Broken Shore intro with another character, but not on the Demon Hunter.

Because LORE

DH storyline pre-Legion takes place before the BT raid and then skips to after the Broken Shore.

Ashodin

edit:

We haven't broken them the fuck out yet by that time breh

Can't do Broken Shore on DH because of the timelines involved. IIRC Broken Shore takes place before/during the DH escape from the Warden's prison.

Excited for the 9th though!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's always weird when people say that the tiers ahve been bad since BC or WOTLK or whatever
like ok. and that's not even me cashing in on the easy challenge mode sets which have stuff like betrayer, howling beast, light warrior

Shahadan

Soooo mogs!

Priest
bb3323748e.jpg

I used this mog without shoulders before, but I like it now.

Mage
bb345c6da9.jpg

Kinda unfinished, would like another hat, but will probably not bother getting it.

Rogue
bb356f1798.jpg

I don't have much leather so this will do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did not know about that DH stuff, fair enough then.

trying out some enhancement shaman, yo its flashy as fuck :eek:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really can't get over how good Druid Tier 19 looks. I'd be a liar if I said it didn't factor into my class choice for LEgion.

Ashodin

It's always weird when people say that the tiers ahve been bad since BC or WOTLK or whatever

like ok. and that's not even me cashing in on the easy challenge mode sets which have stuff like betrayer, howling beast, light warrior

damn I need to get into Normal BRF

Tenebrous

To be honest, Warrior has had it pretty good with the WoD tier sets... Well, at least the mythic ones.

Rhaknar

guys im having a huge problem with enhancement.

there is zeror eason to use crash lightning against a single target, but how can you NOT use crash lightning?

how? its so pretty ;_; someone help :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You also have to keep in mind the race chosen with the class. Not every tier is going to work on every race that can be that class. Judgment is great, but it only really works on humans. Paladin tier 17 could not be a more Draenei set.

Ashodin

You also have to keep in mind the race chosen with the class. Not every tier is going to work on every race that can be that class. Judgment is great, but it only really works on humans. Paladin tier 17 could not be a more Draenei set.

It actually looks closer to the Draenei Paladin's gear in the TBC cinematic than T4 does lol

Rhaknar

do enhancment shamans not use agility anymore?

why are quests giving me int maces? :/

Top Bottom