• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They integrated the tech into the quest lines and put it into the world instead of an instance thing. You'll see it again in broken shore and legion

its the best thing they could have done with the scenario tech

edit: frost DK is squishy as shit, I can barely do named quest mobs, wtf am I doing wrong?

edit: oooh I like Blood tho

Westlo

I'm loving Ghost Iron Bars right now.... buy GI Ore for 2.5g and under, afk smelt, sell for 7.99g-19.99g... and the listing price is f all....

And I hate that Bronzebeard seems to have permanent residency in my Mages Garrison... I want that fing Herb trader so bad.... need dat Mass Mill goodness....

Man, I kind of want to transfer my warlock off her server. There's only one high population Oceanic server, and it's a pvp one. Everything else is low at all times.

If you're alliance you might as well consider Frostmourne a pve server 90% of the time, the other 10% being mostly optional pile on the outnumbered horde player.

Frostmourne a balling server though, always something going on, reminds me of peak Proudmoore/Blackrock (more the latter obviously). But I wouldn't transfer now unless you want 4-5 hour queues in Legion....

Frostmourne's unplayable for the first month and still has queues months into the expansion.... I've had to use my second WoW account to actually play during xpac launches for Mists and WOD while I'm in queue for 3-6 hours....

I'm already set up for Legion since I have a 92 Troll Monk on Blackrock (used a boost on it back during the start of WOD) and a 96 NE Druid on Caelestrasz on my second account which I'll play while queued with my main.

I'll have to server transfer the character back to FM eventually but bringing cheap mats back and selling for a profit on Frostmourne will make me at least a month of gametime in gold..... as long as I don't quit and not sell the stuff while it loses 90% value in the 18 months I left the game for like last time.....

Rizzi

My hunter is horde on Frostmourne. I remember what expansion launches are like on there.
Literally every other server is dead as shit though. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Blood might be my favorite DK spec, should have tried it earlier. Its very simple but I like the skills and you really are a fucking tank jesus

gonna do Nagrand for these last 2 levels because I havent done it since my first char back on wod launch

erawsd

Playing Enh atm and while the spec is solid, there are a few holes.

1) Need some kind of defensive option. Like, we have shitty heals that consume our main resource and the standard "take x% less damage for a few seconds" CD. That's kinda shocking (pun intended) for a melee class.

2) Weirdly, we have no big dps CD. We have wolves, but no "once every 10 minutes you are super badass for a few seconds" like everyone used to have. Did they remove those from everyone or...?

3) There are people playing female Panda Enh Shamans. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? We're not suppose to look adorable!

1. Yeah, that seems to be the overwhelming sentiment. I think the issue is that baseline options are ok but for whatever reason Enhancement is the only melee spec that doesnt have additional defensive talent options in the regular tree.

2. I think this is largely due to the artifact whichll supercharge the Wolves (nearly twice as strong) and gives you Doomwinds which is also decently powerful. You also get a nice flood of maelstrom for each.

mclem

Thats the worst experience ever.

I died at the boss, obviously as I had no idea what to do, and when he died they all just left without giving a single revive out to anyone who died.

I asked for a res so I could loot him and got kicked from the group and had to scramble to click all the portals where you release and luckily I found the right one with 2 sec left on the timer and managed to loot him before I got banished out of the raid.

Never
Again.

Glad to see you got it; if anyone EU-side is still after it, PM me; while we're not a great guild (don't expect a oneshot!), we're a guild that should get the kill reliably. We're certainly not reliable enough to sell it, put it that way, but it's always nice to have more people in a raid (particularly this one where it helps to have a few extra covering infernals)

(That said, we have done the run for this week, so it wouldn't be until after the reset anyhow)

Lanrutcon

1. Yeah, that seems to be the overwhelming sentiment. I think the issue is that baseline options are ok but for whatever reason Enhancement is the only melee spec that doesnt have additional defensive talent options in the regular tree.

2. I think this is largely due to the artifact whichll supercharge the Wolves (nearly twice as strong) and gives you Doomwinds which is also decently powerful. You also get a nice flood of maelstrom for each.

Yeah, I keep forgetting we're not "whole" without our artifacts.

Just noticed Spirit of the Maelstrom on the artifact. Starting fights at full Maelstrom is going to be sweet.

mclem

Is there any EU Guild for Neogaf? Kinda miss being in a guild.

There's been occasional efforts to get one started, but as far as I'm aware nothing has really ever got traction. For what it's worth I'm happy to take on pretty much anyone as long as you're okay with a cheerfully shambolic older-leaning guild on a remarkably sleepy server!

Tecnniqe

Banned
There's been occasional efforts to get one started, but as far as I'm aware nothing has really ever got traction. For what it's worth I'm happy to take on pretty much anyone as long as you're okay with a cheerfully shambolic older-leaning guild on a remarkably sleepy server!

Don't guild go cross realm yet?

Lanrutcon

Where you guys based?

mclem

Nope. Some servers have been merged (not that they call it that!) so you can recruit from both host servers there, but broader cross-realm isn't available. However, we do have a number of folks who raid with us frequently from off-server, so we just about manage that infrastructure - they're just not formally part of the guild.

Where you guys based?

Aggramar-EU, twinned with Hellscream. It really isn't a cutting-edge server.

Tacitus_

AFAIK only on connected realms. Besides, a GAF guild just wouldn't work for endgame. Not enough people wanting to do the same things. And even if there were, most of us posting in this thread already have a guild they're doing endgame content with.

Rixxan

Are daggers viable again for sub rogues? I remember over the years I developed a distaste because blizzard kept forcing me into sword builds to stay relevant on my rogue - would love to give sub another shot of daggers worked again

Robin64

Are daggers viable again for sub rogues? I remember over the years I developed a distaste because blizzard kept forcing me into sword builds to stay relevant on my rogue - would love to give sub another shot of daggers worked again

Hope so, their artifact is a pair of daggers.

Lanrutcon

Nope. Some servers have been merged (not that they call it that!) so you can recruit from both host servers there, but broader cross-realm isn't available. However, we do have a number of folks who raid with us frequently from off-server, so we just about manage that infrastructure - they're just not formally part of the guild.

Aggramar-EU, twinned with Hellscream. It really isn't a cutting-edge server.

Ah. The Sha'tar/Draenor here. Hell, even got some old chars on Argent Dawn.

mclem

AFAIK only on connected realms. Besides, a GAF guild just wouldn't work for endgame. Not enough people wanting to do the same things. And even if there were, most of us posting in this thread already have a guild they're doing endgame content with.

Yeah, that's the broader issue - in real terms it seems that guilds generally form around mutual schedules and goals rather than established identities outside the game. Flex goes a little way to alleviate that, in that someone could easily join for a few raid bosses that do coincide with their playtime, but while you'll get some content out of that, it's not a foundation for a full endgame experience

Rizzi

Bleeeeergh. How many Night Elf and Fossil archeology sites do I have to get one Tol'vir dig?
This is the worst.

Rixxan

so im leveling a mage but im thinking im actually gonna use my rogue for legion, he's already 100

if i was to hop on my rogue for the next few weeks until xpac, what sort of things should/could i be doing to prepare? is there a guide?

i guess i dont want to get burned out leveling because thats the first thing ill be doing when the xpac drops, but i also dont want to waste away in battlegrounds for weeks for no real reason

also wanted to thank everyone itt for their help, my questions have been inane and noobish as hell lately but thats what happens when youre away from the game for awhile, and every google search link is from 2014

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn seriously debating a server change.. Im on Terenas which has low pop.

I was considering doing that before the Legion patch too since I'm also in a low pop server and SW/Org/Ashran faction towns used to be ghostowns and not part of of the cross realms system.

But now they're filled with people from many different realms, so I kinda gave up on the idea lol. Unless the new Dalaran population will be our server only?

Ark

Outland EU is a great server for Alliance PvP, it's actually the most populated realm on EU iirc. Silvermoon is the go-to place for PvE guilds though, and is also highly populated. Outland does have plenty of raiding guilds, but it is a predominately PvP server.

Tenebrous

Retribution makes Outlaw feel like Unholy. Holy shit I feel bad for anyone playing a Paladin as anything other than a healer.

mclem

Outland EU is a great server for Alliance PvP, it's actually the most populated realm on EU iirc. Silvermoon is the go-to place for PvE guilds though, and is also highly populated. Outland does have plenty of raiding guilds, but it is a predominately PvP server.

A number of the people we raid with from off-server are from Silvermoon - and in fact, are coming over to Aggramar for Legion simply to avoid the queues from the first few weeks!

Anyone know a CVar or addon that makes the personal resource / health bar underneath you to always be visible even out of combat?

I like how it looks when using Kui Nameplates, but cannot seem to always have it shown...

Tecnniqe

Banned

Outland always comes across as a elitist server with massive queue times.

IDK, Sylvanas feels more balanced that way.

Ark

A number of the people we raid with from off-server are from Silvermoon - and in fact, are coming over to Aggramar for Legion simply to avoid the queues from the first few weeks!

Yeah I'm not looking forward to the queues. But given that my original server from 2007-2010 (Anachronos) is literally 100% dead, I'm happy to have a populated world :p

Outland always comes across as a elitist server with massive queue times.

IDK, Sylvanas feels more balanced that way.

Outland has a lot of trash talk and drama. Which makes for an incredible /2 and /4 experience.

I haven't encountered any queue times at all, but then I only returned to WoW in August last year after quitting in 2010.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Retribution makes Outlaw feel like Unholy. Holy shit I feel bad for anyone playing a Paladin as anything other than a healer.
I feel like everyone is trashing Paladins and here little scrub me is enjoying Protection :|
Outland has a lot of trash talk and drama. Which makes for an incredible /2 and /4 experience.

I haven't encountered any queue times at all, but then I only returned to WoW in August last year after quitting in 2010.

I used to play on Outland but coming home from school/work and waiting 50 minutes in a queue every day was not fun. This was a few years ago mind you, but me and everyone transferred to TarrenMill, which in itself lasted a few years before we migrated to Sylvanas.

Overall it seems like a friendly server, but both the PvP and PvE aspect seems a bit on the hardcore side and less so on the casual, but there seems to be a good mix.

I just hope I can find a somewhat casual raiding guild to progress up the ranks once Legion comes out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I just fucking love Outlaw spec. From the pistols to the dice rolls this shit is so satisfying and fun.

I've been digging it on the rogue I'm leveling, I'm blasting through Cata content and will be 85 probably tonight. Stuff dies so fast that it's pretty much not even worth rolling the bones half the time though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Outlaw is definitely a ton of fun. The RNG of Roll The Bones can be contentious though! If you get good buffs, then fuck yeah it's awesome! If you get a mediocre roll then it sucks. haha

AZGIWBQ.jpg

I like how goren garb + world shrinker got even more stupid in the pre-patch. My favorite toy combo

Tenebrous

It's just so mindless, though... Hit generator, hope for good RNG, fail, hit generator, hope for good RNG, repeat until you get good RNG, hit generator, use dull finisher, repeat.

I don't hate RtB, but its ability to frustrate in an already bland rotation puts me off the spec entirely.

Rizzi

Warmaul of the Warmaul Chieftain seems kind of broken on my level 91 warrior. As if my Garrosh heirloom axe wasn't already overpowered enough. :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Warlocks seem to have really low soul shard generation which is kind of crappy.

Uh, what spec? They all generate soul shards pretty reliably now. Shadowbolt, Doom, Conflagrate, and Drain Life are all an easy way to generate shards, and then Immolate, and Agony both have a chance of generating one too.

I am always capped when playing Afflic since there's nothing really to spend it on other than UA, and I can only cast UA so much.

Top Bottom