• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Nere

Thanks, I might be the quickest and luckiest person too. I only started at 8am est

Listen how I got the TLPD. My gf was out so I thought maybe I can make a surprise for her by farming something rare in wow. So I was flying on Utgarde pinnacle to kill the 3rd boss for the blue proto drake. While flying from dala I thought meh storm peaks is close why don't I go there a bit too maybe TLPD will be there you never know. So I was flying there when suddenly NPC scan starts blinking saying TLPD is close, I was like OMG bet he is dead though but he was alive but flying high up so I attacked him but I got dismounted and I died..... I went back to loot him and what do I see? The fucker's corpse had fallen directly in the side of a cliff and was impossible to loot, I was trying to loot him but he was too far and I was falling down all the time. Many people came close to me and were trying to help me loot him. Eventually I managed to loot him by getting on top of a guy with the vial of sands mount. My gf got super happy when I texted her and told her what happened:D So yeah got him on the first try with no farming think I am luckier than you:D

Tecnniqe

Banned
Good ol' late night snack

Thats no pizza!

bab0cbc0-92a7-0132-1df7-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

Listen how I got the TLPD. My gf was out so I thought maybe I can make a surprise for her by farming something rare in wow. So I was flying on Utgarde pinnacle to kill the 3rd boss for the blue proto drake. While flying from dala I thought meh storm peaks is close why don't I go there a bit too maybe TLPD will be there you never know. So I was flying there when suddenly NPC scan starts blinking saying TLPD is close, I was like OMG bet he is dead though but he was alive but flying high up so I attacked him but I got dismounted and I died..... I went back to loot him and what do I see? The fucker's corpse had fallen directly in the side of a cliff and was impossible to loot, I was trying to loot him but he was too far and I was falling down all the time. Many people came close to me and were trying to help me loot him. Eventually I managed to loot him by getting on top of a guy with the vial of sands mount. My gf got super happy when I texted her and told her what happened:D So yeah got him on the first try with no farming think I am luckier than you:D

Great story with a happy ending!

Sölf

I never get rare mounts. I also don't farm them regularly, but from time to time I run into Karazhan or Zul'Gurub or Stratholme and kill stuff in hope it may drop.

But I got lucky once. I did miss the first 2 or 3 Brewfests because I always paused when that came around. So when I actually had my first Brewfest, I fought Coren Direbrew for the first time.

He dropped both mounts.

I won both.

Azzurri

Lol, I would be so mad if I couldn't loot it.

Yea, I was grouped with 4 other and one was afk. It spawned really close to my camp, but the other 2 were far away so me and the other guy had to wait a few mins. I was sweating buckets thinking people would tag it but we got it.

The afk guy was SoL he couldn't loot it when he came back 5min later

Brokun

I got fishing to 250 and I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's not just boring, but my wrist is killing me already. Skillups are getting somewhat far between. Perhaps the fishing artifact and I were not meant to be together.

Do the fishing daily in the garrison. Gain 5 to 10 skill from the fishing plus 15 skill for completing it. 20-25 skill per day and you can get it done in a few weeks without much effort.

Nere

Lol, I would be so mad if I couldn't loot it.

Yea, I was grouped with 4 other and one was afk. It spawned really close to my camp, but the other 2 were far away so me and the other guy had to wait a few mins. I was sweating buckets thinking people would tag it but we got it.

The afk guy was SoL he couldn't loot it when he came back 5min later

I took a pic in case I needed to send a ticket to blizz, think they would give it to me if I could prove the kill?

Lomax

There's no way Hexweave Bags will stay the largest bag for long. If for no other reason than it would encourage everyone to still use their garrison for Hexweave, which they clearly don't want. They'll probably make an equal sized bag out of Legion mats once the dust from launch settles and they realize what is going on.

Aeana

Do the fishing daily in the garrison. Gain 5 to 10 skill from the fishing plus 15 skill for completing it. 20-25 skill per day and you can get it done in a few weeks without much effort.

Well, now that I heard about the catch-up mechanic in Legion where you can get skill by throwing fish back, I decided to just wait. Seems insane to grind it out beforehand now.

Slathe

Is there any difference between the small and large legion chests in terms of items you can get (or just number that you will get inside?). It seems people are really intent on just farming stages 1 and 2 of invasions so its hard to get the large ones.

Also, is there any easy way to get the heirloom hat and legs when i have/had no guild?

Grief.exe

I haven't seen an official chat about it, but from the fishing artifact guide it seems like the fish you catch in Legion can be thrown back into the water for 5 fishing skill up.

Since you can catch fish at any skill level, that means you probably don't want to kill yourself leveling fishing before Tuesday. It seems like it will be much much faster at that point.

Here's an example, which I think is one of the common Legion fish:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133727/ghostly-queenfish

So just wait on Fishing until Legion. I assume cooking will be the same way, no real reason to rush it up as Legion professions don't require skill levels.

Zelias

Banned
Think my luckiest mount story was getting Blue Proto-Drake in a random Utgarde Pinnacle back in Wrath. It dropped, I rolled 100 :D

I remember trying to get TLPD back in the Wrath days. So many people camping there. I gave up after seeing him like twice and not being able to make it before someone else tagged him.

Lomax

Is there any difference between the small and large legion chests in terms of items you can get (or just number that you will get inside?). It seems people are really intent on just farming stages 1 and 2 of invasions so its hard to get the large ones.

Also, is there any easy way to get the heirloom hat and legs when i have/had no guild?

Anecdotally I'm pretty sure you can get everything from the small ones, you just get fewer. And there's no way to get those heirlooms without a guild but there's plenty of casual guilds with them unlocked you could join and it doesn't take long to get the needed rep.

Slathe

Anecdotally I'm pretty sure you can get everything from the small ones, you just get fewer. And there's no way to get those heirlooms without a guild but there's plenty of casual guilds with them unlocked you could join and it doesn't take long to get the needed rep.

Alright good to know, thanks.

Came back from a 10 month hiatus, hop on LFR to finish the 33 tome legendary quest, then realize there are a fuck ton of shipyard missions to do, and you didn't even bother with the shipyard to begin with. FML.

Mupod

I gave up on mount farming a long time ago. In BC my druid was able to solo the sethekk halls bird and I would kill it every day. Kept doing it for a while in WOTLK too. Never got the damn thing.

I might knock off Lich King here and there because that's the perfect DK mount, especially since their T19 is Literally Arthas.

Aeana

I need to get a flying mount that isn't one of the ones you get automatically. I just have the wind rider from BC, and the one you get for Draenor Pathfinder. And the flying carpet from tailoring on one of my characters.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I need to get a flying mount that isn't one of the ones you get automatically. I just have the wind rider from BC, and the one you get for Draenor Pathfinder. And the flying carpet from tailoring on one of my characters.

Ulduar achievement Proto Drakes can be soloed in a single run, I believe.
Netherdrakes are cool too if you don't mind a bit of a rep grind.

Zelias

Banned
Now that I reached lvl 100, where are the invasion vendors so I can spend my shards? They disappeared lmao
The ones in the capitals are phased until you do the Broken Shore quest. The ones in the invasion areas themselves should still be around though.

The Worgen starting zone gave me cancer
I like the Worgen starting zone :/

Kinda rubbish that they didn't really do much more with Gilneas proper.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Also such a waste for the art department to make such an awesome looking zone and entire city merely for a one-off starting zone with obnoxious gating/padding.
Undead get to go in there too. Goblin starter is probably even worse for me. Just hyper linear and a total drag with a story that might as well spit in the player's face. And then Thrall shows up to be a hero for the goblins...like come on....

Loxley

Finally started getting into the invasion stuff, I dig it. The demon-slaying scenario with the Alliance and the Horde was pretty cool, I definitely didn't expect that. I also like how much story stuff they're cramming in here as well.

Mephaisto

So I resubbed today after one year. Played Demon Hunter to 100 and did some invasions to get the gear. Is there any profession boost for demon hunters or do I have to level them from 1 to 700?

Zelias

Banned
So I resubbed today after one year. Played Demon Hunter to 100 and did some invasions to get the gear. Is there any profession boost for demon hunters or do I have to level them from 1 to 700?
You have to level them from 1. The good news is that you can level them from 1 using materials from Draenor or (in a couple days time) Legion.

Ashodin

You better wife her after that Holmes, luck that come like that is a sign

Lomax

I thought sure by the final week of the invasion that the Dread Infiltrators would just be swarming the cities making the toy fairly easy to get, but apparently not. Honestly, other than the frequency of the invasions which are easily avoided, it barely feels like an "invasion" at all at this point. During the last week of the Wrath event every city was in chaos.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did an onyxia run for transmog and got a mount. Neat!

Top Bottom