• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

cdyhybrid

Everbloom might be the WoD dungeon I like least because of the whole skipping thing. This one run even taught me that you can just skip everything and do 1st boss, 2nd boss, 3rd boss, last boss with just a few mage kills in between.
Maybe if the skipping didn't feel like a glitch that never got fixed where you gotta walljump your way up I might like it more.
After being away for so long I thought Blizzard had fixed that but I guess they never did, so I guess it has been working as intended from the beginning.
I think they've said it wasn't intended but they weren't going to fix it to preserve the CM leaderboards.

Also it's really easy with double jump ;)

Fularu

Banned
I think they've said it wasn't intended but they weren't going to fix it to preserve the CM leaderboards.

Also it's really easy with double jump ;)

It's fixed in heroic, it's just not fixed in mythic (and I don't know why, I can Heroic Leap on Mythic but not on Heroic)

Lanrutcon

Fel reaver hits me for 700,000 damage. Normal attack. Level 100 character.

Ok, Blizzard. Hope you get real better at math for Legion.

keffri

Any NA Alliance (PST) guilds recruiting? I'm a prot warrior looking to do mythic+ and getting into raiding. I'm not looking for anything super serious. I've just been guildless since I took a break and I'm looking for a group to play with.

So I just hit lvl 100 (just in time, huh?). Can somebody give a quick explanation on the Pre-Legion content?

1. I did the questchain of Broken Shore and Khadgar until Dalaran. I assume that is all there is?
2. The invasions. Is it worth grinding these? Are they just for the gear and if so, are they worth getting or just wait till Legion? How about the shards you get, anything particular I should be using them for?
3.Anything else I missed?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So I just hit lvl 100 (just in time, huh?). Can somebody give a quick explanation on the Pre-Legion content?

1. I did the questchain of Broken Shore and Khadgar until Dalaran. I assume that is all there is?
2. The invasions. Is it worth grinding these? Are they just for the gear and if so, are they worth getting or just wait till Legion? How about the shards you get, anything particular I should be using them for?
3.Anything else I missed?

Yeah, that's the end of the chain.

Invasions are for getting some quick gear and the shards can be used to upgrade your weapon, buy neck/ring/trinket/cloak and for a pet.

M.D

Alright, I'm closing on 60 for my Rogue and I think I'm gonna boost him.

I still have no idea what I'm gonna main in Legion but he is one of my potential choices.
The only thing I'm worried about is if I ever get tired of one spec that all of them are very similar.

Bah, I really want a CE but Amazon is out. I guess I could buy standard now and CE later but that's $50 down the drain. =/ Will the boost to 100 be available even if I get a CE later? If I do standard now and then apply the CE to my account would I get two 100 boosts?

Edit: Ah, so I can, when I apply my CE key get the standard key "released" to give / sell to a friend it sounds like? Also no stacking of 100 boosts, apparently, I guess that's per-account? Would the person I give the standard key to eventually be able to get a boost then? Sorry for all of the Q's!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If memory serves, you need to ride the orange thing to get through P2.

My pali friend (tank) kept getting turned into a monster and dying shortly after. I was on my hunter.

This was 10m normal

Einchy

I wish we could still ask GMs to free up names, it sucks being on a high pop servers cus everything is taken.

Lomax

Bah, I really want a CE but Amazon is out. I guess I could buy standard now and CE later but that's $50 down the drain. =/ Will the boost to 100 be available even if I get a CE later? If I do standard now and then apply the CE to my account would I get two 100 boosts?

Edit: Ah, so I can, when I apply my CE key get the standard key "released" to give / sell to a friend it sounds like? Also no stacking of 100 boosts, apparently, I guess that's per-account? Would the person I give the standard key to eventually be able to get a boost then? Sorry for all of the Q's!

I'm hoping that Amazon gets another shipment of CEs on release date, the 20% discount is still good for two weeks after release. I wouldn't be able to play until next weekend anyway.

Einchy

Camping Aeonaxx now, this'll be fun

No joke, I camped Aeonaxx for 35 days straight. For 35 days straight I'd wake up, go to the same spot and stay there as long as I could. I was laying in bed half asleep when NPCscan went off.

ampere

I spent a week in college planning my entire schedule around camel figurine spawn times

I got the camel, but I swore I'd never do another rare mount camp like that

Khezu

q2yRyx3.jpg
Shaman to 100.
My only non Belf/UD character.
And only reason he is because they can't be Shamans, and he was my first Horde character I created.

Actually since he is so old, I choose a dumb name that had Troll in it because he was a Troll, and now I have to pay 10 dollars to change it because it bugs the hell out of me.

M.D

OK, need final advice as I got my Rogue to 60 and I'm about to boost him

What professions should I take? I am not certain he will be my main but if he was my main

I have Engineering/Enchanting and Mining/Jewelcrafting on 2 characters, plus started leveling Herbalism (probably going to couple that with Alchemy) on another character and I have mats to level up Tailoring as well for another character

What would be the best combo for usefulness and potential money making? I am willing to pick Engineering and drop it for another profession on the character who already has it

Einchy

Oh good, what am I getting my self into?

I think it's a lot easier now cus you can join a camping group, that way each spawn point is covered and everyone can get the mount.

Well, it might not work for that mount because of the way you have to kill it but I'd look into it just in case.

No joke, I camped Aeonaxx for 35 days straight. For 35 days straight I'd wake up, go to the same spot and stay there as long as I could. I was laying in bed half asleep when NPCscan went off.

Or be like me and have Time Lost, Aeonaxx and the camel fall into your lap while you're out farming mats/dungeons. I may have spent a few hours off and on camping 2 of those (the camel I got because someone was flying directly over a spawn afk and I noticed it), but it wasn't nearly as bad for me as it was others.

Poseidus on the other hand....well, I was part of the group complaining about it's 3 day spawn timer and how it reset every time they had server maintenance, which happened every other day for a month after they implemented it. Once maintenance finally settled down, I went out there and swam around it's spawn areas for about 16 hours straight and ended up finding it around 2 in the morning as the first person on the server to get it.

Fjordson

Third to last mythic boss of Legion on my Warrior and the heirloom trinket drops! Yass!! Which is perfect since I'm switching to my DK. I just wish I had been farming mythics for a while to get some of the other trinkets, but oh well.

Also, what do y'all think of this transmog? I know it's a bit vanilla to just use a tier set, but I like how it looks on a tauren (though I'm undecided on the tabard). And I really like the Firelands Sulfuras, been running that for months and finally got it to drop last night

Stalk

So invasions end Tuesday? (EU). I get back in the country at 9pm bst and hope to try them out. How long does 80-100 take? Got a priest sitting. Although tempted to boost for professions boost as well, tailoring and ench.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So invasions end Tuesday? (EU). I get back in the country at 9pm bst and hope to try them out. How long does 80-100 take? Got a priest sitting. Although tempted to boost for professions boost as well, tailoring and ench.

80-100 could take an entire day/afternoon.

Not sure what time EU stuff ends.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Monday. Legion goes live monday 11pm (UK and Portugal) / Midnight rest of Europe (CET or whatever its called)

Hell youre talking british standard so its deffinately Monday for you

Hixx

In the UK they will end 11pm Monday I believe.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Yeah...i don't fell i'm gonna touch the game anymore until Tuesday. Already got all classes to 100 (which was my goal since WoD released lol) and most of them are full geared with 700-710 ilvl.

See you guys at launch.

Xeteh

Also, what do y'all think of this transmog? I know it's a bit vanilla to just use a tier set, but I like how it looks on a tauren (though I'm undecided on the tabard). And I really like the Firelands Sulfuras, been running that for months and finally got it to drop last night

I like it, I mostly use tier set transmogs too, I'm not really in to piecing together random parts to find out what fits.

I've been going with this until I can farm Siege of Orgrimmar solo and get that awesome Kor'kron Dark Shaman transmog. There isn't much in the way of ice-y Shaman stuff.

I keep changing the axes because nothing seems to fit well.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah...i don't fell i'm gonna touch the game anymore until Tuesday. Already got all classes to 100 (which was my goal since WoD released lol) and most of them are full geared with 700-710 ilvl.

See you guys at launch.
I burned out from invasioning so much. Downloaded Neverwinter on PS4 to scratch the MMO itch until Tuesday, haha

Fjordson

I like it, I mostly use tier set transmogs too, I'm not really in to piecing together random parts to find out what fits.

I've been going with this until I can farm Siege of Orgrimmar solo and get that awesome Kor'kron Dark Shaman transmog. There isn't much in the way of ice-y Shaman stuff.

I keep changing the axes because nothing seems to fit well.
That looks dope man. I'm with you, I like uniform look of tier sets.

Top Bottom