• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Phew finally home, my gf forced me to a week vacation in Santorini. Struggles under the greek sun while you all have fun lvling pointless alts with invasions:<

I still need the agi trinket heirloom.. time to spend the last hours possible tryin to do mythic dungeons and pray:S

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wtfff, I just killed Ony again on another char and she dropped the mount again....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
Drain Life now does damage of 35% of Spell Power per tick (was 30%).
Drain Soul now does damage of 52% of Spell Power per tick (was 44%).
Haunt damage increased to 700% of Spell Power (was 600%).
Incinerate damage increased to 210% of Spell Power (was 190%).

Demo is fine you guys ok? :3

Rizzi

I uh.. I boosted my priest.
Mainly because I didn't want to run around for an eternity leveling mining from 1-700.
Gotta say, shadow priest feels really good to play.

M.D

I like BM/WW Monk, Ele/Ench, Fire Mage and now I think I love Outlaw Rogue the most. Picking would be easy! Oh, I've also yet to make a Demon Hunter and based on the fact I love mobility there's a high chance I would love him even more

FML

RPGCrazied

Awful timing. My computer(typed this on kindle) broke after 7 years. Not getting Legion CE until Thursday, but on the flip side I am getting a new computer. Alienware, don't laugh at me. lol

is an i5 gtx 960 enough play this with 30fps on ultra? I was able to get 20fps mostly on the old computer, but sometimes even 15 in denser zones. But my old computer only has a GT 640.

Awful timing. My computer(typed this on kindle) broke after 7 years. Not getting Legion CE until Thursday, but on the flip side I am getting a new computer. Alienware, don't laugh at me. lol

is an i5 gtx 960 enough play this with 30fps on ultra? I was able to get 20fps mostly on the old computer, but sometimes even 15 in denser zones. But my old computer only has a GT 640.

Legion upped the CPU stress significantly, a GTX 960 won't have problem playing the game at a fairly high graphics setting (level 7 or above in the settings), but you need a good CPU to be able to maintain good FPS in populated areas, if you have a good 4th gen or later i5 with high clocks you'll be fine, if you ran into framerate issues, lower some CPU intensive settings like shadow quality, ground clutter and draw distance. My overclocked i7 4790k + GTX1080 can't hold 40fps in invasions so it is not problematic for an i5 to drop below that.

RPGCrazied

Legion upped the CPU stress significantly, a GTX 960 won't have problem playing the game at a fairly high graphics setting (level 7 or above in the settings), but you need a good CPU to be able to maintain good FPS in populated areas, if you have a good 4th gen or later i5 with high clocks you'll be fine, if you ran into framerate issues, lower some CPU intensive settings like shadow quality, ground clutter and draw distance.

Intel® Core&#8482; i5-6400 Processor (4-Cores, 6MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, up to 3.3GHz) What gen is this one? Oh well, I'm sure its way better than the Dell XPS 7100 I had. Lol, plus this Alienware Aurora looks sexy as fuck with all the lights. At the mercy of UPS now.

no good? an upgrade at least anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
am I missing some secret draenor engineering recipe or is there really nothing worthwhile to use these gearspring parts outside of the pets? and the pets dont sell for shit so...

I mean at least tailoring has the bags and I can get 1k a pop still :(

Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor (4-Cores, 6MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, up to 3.3GHz) What gen is this one? Oh well, I'm sure its way better than the Dell XPS 7100 I had. Lol, plus this Alienware Aurora looks sexy as fuck with all the lights. At the mercy of UPS now.

Oh you'll be good! As long as you don't have a truck ton of addons like me and are willing to tune down some settings. Plus why buy a 960 pre-built now? It is outdated and horribly cost inefficient now, unless you get it for fairly cheap.

RPGCrazied

Oh you'll be good! As long as you don't have a truck ton of addons like me and are willing to tune down some settings. Plus why buy a 960 pre-built now? It is outdated and horribly cost inefficient now, unless you get it for fairly cheap.

oh, was looking at some benchmarks for this card and cpu on youtube, and it looks like it run games like gta v and witcher 3 on ultra with at least 30fps. That is good enough for me!

Well, cause I have a Dell preferred account with enough of a credit balance, and you can buy Alienwares through Dell.

Plus I'm not savvy enough to build my own computer. I'd rather not say what I paid. :p

And oh, you can upgrade this later too, with a better card at some point.

aka_bueno

Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor (4-Cores, 6MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, up to 3.3GHz) What gen is this one? Oh well, I'm sure its way better than the Dell XPS 7100 I had. Lol, plus this Alienware Aurora looks sexy as fuck with all the lights. At the mercy of UPS now.

You'll be fine, the i5 6xxx series is Skylake, the current hotness. The 6400 is a very solid current mid range CPU.

But I'm pretty sure Legion upped the graphics requirement. What used to be max settings before Legion is now the 7 setting in the 1-10 range.

If you run a mix of settings from like med-very high, you'll be totally fine if you're just aiming for a consistent 30fps. You'll probably get more frames than that to be honest, depending on your anti-aliasing and shadow options.

I'd stay away from ultra settings though, again keeping in mind that the new ultra is beyond the settings of ultra pre-Legion (new settings are live now with pre patch).

Rizzi

Speaking of performance.. kind of.
Does anyone else randomly have their graphics settings change themselves to the highest setting? It happens occasionally and really tanks my performance.

Shahadan

Speaking of performance.. kind of.
Does anyone else randomly have their graphics settings change themselves to the highest setting? It happens occasionally and really tanks my performance.

I've seen many forum posts about that on the official forums since the prepatch, no idea about a fix though, but it's common enough they're probably aware of it at least

RPGCrazied

You'll be fine, the i5 6xxx series is Skylake, the current hotness. The 6400 is a very solid current mid range CPU.

But I'm pretty sure Legion upped the graphics requirement. What used to be max settings before Legion is now the 7 setting in the 1-10 range.

If you run a mix of settings from like med-very high, you'll be totally fine if you're just aiming for a consistent 30fps. You'll probably get more frames than that to be honest, depending on your anti-aliasing and shadow options.

I'd stay away from ultra settings though, again keeping in mind that the new ultra is beyond the settings of ultra pre-Legion (new settings are live now with pre patch).

Thank you, I'm super excited to get it. I usually play with high shadows and water on good. Those 2 options seem like the ones that hit performance the most. Terrain distance I always want on ultra. Same with environmental detail, ground clutter I don't really care about and put that on 5.

ZServ

Did anyone else pre-order from Amazon? If so, has yours shipped yet? Mine is still saying "shipping soon," and I'm beginning to get antsy.

antonz

Did anyone else pre-order from Amazon? If so, has yours shipped yet? Mine is still saying "shipping soon," and I'm beginning to get antsy.

Mine went from all week saying Shipping by Friday the 26th to updating today saying shipping on Monday. Wrote an email complaining to them that it says in the description available 29th and playable 30th an dhow Best Buy is selling it on the 29th and they just gave me a generic it will arrive Tuesday as promised.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The power leveling at 80 is destroying my soul right now. Should I stay at Kharanos or should I go to Tarren Mill?

aka_bueno

Thank you, I'm super excited to get it. I usually play with high shadows and water on good. Those 2 options seem like the ones that hit performance the most. Terrain distance I always want on ultra. Same with environmental detail, ground clutter I don't really care about and put that on 5.

Yeah just keep in mind that for some stuff like viewing distance, they've improved. What used to be a 10 before in viewing distance is now the equivalent of 7. Ground clutter beyond like 7, really eats up frames as well, especially in dense outdoor areas with grass/clutter.

But yeah, grats on the upgrade. It'll be a big difference I'm sure! I can't play below 45fps personally so I don't know how you managed to play at 25-30 or was hat just when you were testing ultra settings?

ZServ

Mine went from all week saying Shipping by Friday the 26th to updating today saying shipping on Monday. Wrote an email complaining to them that it says in the description available 29th and playable 30th an dhow Best Buy is selling it on the 29th and they just gave me a generic it will arrive Tuesday as promised.

Ooh boy, if they expect me to let this slide, they are very much mistaken. I will have it Tuesday, or they will have the annoyance of a delayed WoW player with that extra time on their hands.

antonz

Ooh boy, if they expect me to let this slide, they are very much mistaken. I will have it Tuesday, or they will have the annoyance of a delayed WoW player with that extra time on their hands.

I live in a city with 2 Amazon Warehouses so I wasn't too upset with shipping by Friday. That would have meant Id have it Monday for sure with how fast they are. Shipping Monday annoys me because it means relying on UPS which is a piece of shit for reliability as for what time of day I will get it. Sometimes they deliver at 10 am other days they deliver at 3 pm and then there are the wonderful 8 pm deliveries.

if it arrives late in the day I am going to raise hell to amazon. They know how this shit works they even sold Overwatch a day early just like how Legion is supposed to be.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I've purchased multiple release-date delivery games from Amazon, and every time they have shipped the day before release and arrived on time. You're fine.

biaxident

Finally got a primordial direhorn to drop from a warbringer, feels good. I'm also still rocking gen 1 i7 like a boss, just waiting on the right deal really to upgrade.

Lain

Everbloom might be the WoD dungeon I like least because of the whole skipping thing. This one run even taught me that you can just skip everything and do 1st boss, 2nd boss, 3rd boss, last boss with just a few mage kills in between.
Maybe if the skipping didn't feel like a glitch that never got fixed where you gotta walljump your way up I might like it more.
After being away for so long I thought Blizzard had fixed that but I guess they never did, so I guess it has been working as intended from the beginning.

Hixx

Azshara has to be the worst invasion zone to do anything past stage 2.

Kharanos.

Bosses don't immediately spawn so people spread out/reset themselves and... ugh.

However I'm done now. Get a couple of professions to 300 on my Shaman tomorrow, empty my bags etc and I'm ready for Monday night.

RPGCrazied

Yeah just keep in mind that for some stuff like viewing distance, they've improved. What used to be a 10 before in viewing distance is now the equivalent of 7. Ground clutter beyond like 7, really eats up frames as well, especially in dense outdoor areas with grass/clutter.

But yeah, grats on the upgrade. It'll be a big difference I'm sure! I can't play below 45fps personally so I don't know how you managed to play at 25-30 or was hat just when you were testing ultra settings?

Thanks, plus I think it looks cool with the lights, you can even change the color on them too. Green for Legion here I come! :p 30fps is fine to me, I don't need a 60 fluid fps to have a good time.

When it gets to 15 is when its starts to be unfun. lol Those are the exact settings I used on the old PC, that is why I think I should get at least 30fps with the new machine.

Rhaknar

whats the trick to amber shaper? doing heart of fear with a pali friend and its been fine so far but we just wiped on him

Top Bottom